Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka News
Forum Disclaimer

The information contained in this forum have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein.

www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever.

Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market & Forum Help » Qulaities of a Good Moderator

Qulaities of a Good Moderator

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:46 pm

lemuria

Manager - Equity Analytics
Dear members,

Discuss good qualities our forum moderators and admins shld possess. I see some moderators are arrogant and behave in a high handed mentality. they think they can delete any comments without analysing.

justice and fairness and looking things differently important in a forum like this.

2 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:54 pm

stumpy

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
huta!
U guyz gonna implement a FUP or a framework or a Code of Conduct for Mods?

Study abt the shares my dear friend! No hard feelings! lol!

3 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:59 pm

lemuria

HUTA means what mate?

4 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:08 pm

chamith

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
lemuria wrote:Dear members,

Discuss good qualities our forum moderators and admins shld possess. I see some moderators are arrogant and behave in a high handed mentality. they think they can delete any comments without analysing.

justice and fairness and looking things differently important in a forum like this.

If the forum does not fit you, then better to stay out.
We dont want you to come and make ethnic problems in our forum.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/spa/lemuria

have a look again what this person is talking about.. talking about tamil, UN, n all the bullshit.
If you have a problem then just stay out of this forum. We have no criticism towards any ethnic community.

PS/;
My best friend is tamil, we never talk about any of these issues. Just try to be happy than complaining about things in ur life.

5 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:09 pm

sriranga

Co-Admin

If someone done injustice to your thread or comments(If you think), why you cannot PM to the Admin or Co-Admin and resolve the problem amicably?
Do not take it as personally.
Note:
Like these type of forum we'll find all sort of persons.
Try to find unity in diversity.
Plus due to the prevailing market condition most of us are emotionally not in a balance.
Opening a thread and discussing make more damage to the forum.
If everyone happy we can ask Admin to lock the thread.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

6 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:15 pm

econ

Global Moderator
lol. Very Happy

--------------------
This is not buying\selling recommendation. Do your own analysis before take any decision

7 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:21 pm

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Yes pls.. If you know the best practices share with us..

In the mean time, I'll have a chat with Slstock with regards to an arrangement of a training session on this.. I think our mods need a training too so perhaps we can ask you for the same..

Moderators are given freedom to edit posts which deemed censorship.. If the language, facts not seem appropriate, misguide or lack of proof, they can edit it.. In extreme conditions even delete before it does harm..

This is not a forum for children so we have to make sense of what we speak.. We highly discourage anything without proper backing.

8 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm

FXX

lemuria wrote:. they think they can delete any comments without analysing.
can u tell where your posts got deleted ? you not here to discuss about the share market, aint you ?

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t16583-official-language-of-forum
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t16337p75-un-resolution-against-our-country

9 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:43 pm

snandasiri

Oh.. It seems one of your comment deleted and you get angry with them No?

10 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:42 pm

Roboticfx

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
If there is any fault with any moderator or even a member, please report it to the admin smallville or slstock. Opening new a thread to blame others is not good. Anyway, posts which violate forum rules will be edited and deleted immediately.

11 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:07 pm

lemuria

chamith wrote:

If the forum does not fit you, then better to stay out.
We dont want you to come and make ethnic problems in our forum.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/spa/lemuria

have a look again what this person is talking about.. talking about tamil, UN, n all the bullshit.
If you have a problem then just stay out of this forum. We have no criticism towards any ethnic community.

PS/;
My best friend is tamil, we never talk about any of these issues. Just try to be happy than complaining about things in ur life.

Yes. you or ur tamil friend never discuss these issues. becos ur tamil friend knows you would never agree to his views and he would not like to have ended "the friendship".

mate i know lots of tamils never discuss these. beos they would not want friendship ruined. dat is da bitter truth. most of u may never have discussed these issues.

12 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:09 pm

lemuria

smallville wrote:Yes pls.. If you know the best practices share with us..

In the mean time, I'll have a chat with Slstock with regards to an arrangement of a training session on this.. I think our mods need a training too so perhaps we can ask you for the same..

Moderators are given freedom to edit posts which deemed censorship.. If the language, facts not seem appropriate, misguide or lack of proof, they can edit it.. In extreme conditions even delete before it does harm..

This is not a forum for children so we have to make sense of what we speak.. We highly discourage anything without proper backing.

just, fair, neurality, tolerance, understanding, diversity and equality cannot be brought by set of rules. they come from our heart.

13 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:18 am

smallville

lemuria wrote:Yes. you or ur tamil friend never discuss these issues. becos ur tamil friend knows you would never agree to his views and he would not like to have ended "the friendship".

mate i know lots of tamils never discuss these. beos they would not want friendship ruined. dat is da bitter truth. most of u may never have discussed these issues.

The so called "issues" come from your heart cuz u dont give priority to your brains and think of it for once and for all.. An issue is an issue when you keep on thinking of it as an issue cuz u dont look upon resolving it and u only keep thinking abt it..

Why should anyone discuss problems if they dont have any such? If my frined is a tamil and I dont have any problem of him being tamil, why he should discuss any issues with me and vice versa?

Pls.. stop these nonsense, if u have a problem with any of us, you should not refer this site and comment here either..cuz we all are wrong and ur correct.. And we dont want to get ourselves corrected either..

Happy? now stop wasting our valuable time and yours as well..

14 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:11 am

bakapandithaya

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
[quote="lemuria"][quote="chamith"]
lemuria wrote:
Yes. you or ur tamil friend never discuss these issues. becos ur tamil friend knows you would never agree to his views and he would not like to have ended "the friendship".

Tsunami me wage kattiya ai aththerila gye kiyala mata den dukai. This man is with some heart deceases.

Mate, We all are from one country. Our mother is Sri Lanka.

Even now, try to build goodintention about other communities.

15 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:56 pm

lemuria

dear intelligent admin and moderators,

read from da start of this thread then u'll realise how & who hijacked a good topic into a worst topic. and you bunch of jokers blame me. yeah heart & brain are important & don't use brain only.

16 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 pm

Roboticfx

I think this is another fake account under the name of Lemuria.

You behavior is totally doubtful to us. Such members are not needed to our forum because no any use to others from them. You are the third person who tried to break the unity of us within about a week.

All are sri lankans and actually we cannot divide them as sinhala, tamil, muslim and burger. All are considered equally. We don't need to cause problems to break our community. There is no any special requirement to debate with this and to blame others regarding this.

As I feel, you have come here with a hidden goal. At the present one member has been banned as of violating forum rules. I think you don't want be the second. If you don't stop posting things to insult others and to origin problems, I will ban you soon. I have that ability. Exclamation

17 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:23 pm

Redbulls

Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
I think all of us are wasting our valuable time to this man's (lumeria)unneccesary comments.

18 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:28 pm

FXX

Redbulls wrote:I think all of us are wasting our valuable time to this man's (lumeria)unneccesary comments.

we should stop feeding our UK friend lumeria Very Happy

19 Re: Qulaities of a Good Moderator on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:49 pm

lemuria

FXX wrote:
Redbulls wrote:I think all of us are wasting our valuable time to this man's (lumeria)unneccesary comments.

we should stop feeding our UK friend lumeria Very Happy

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum