Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය

Latest topics

» coco.x share
by lakmal87 Yesterday at 10:45 pm

» නොමිළේම ඩොලර් (free $ 5 ) tokens
by cseguide Yesterday at 7:58 pm

» For Miss Sangeetha
by Neluka Karannagoda Yesterday at 12:59 pm

» S&P upgrades DFCC Bank’s rating outlook from Negative to Stable
by TraderCSE Yesterday at 9:23 am

» CFVF will HIT. 40 BY Next. Thursday
by Yahapalanaya Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:50 pm

» Moody’s affirms ratings of three Sri Lankan banks; maintains negative outlook
by Miss-Sangeetha Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:39 pm

» Tea prices up and up.Plantation shares down and down!
by fortuneteller Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:04 pm

» best stocks to buy now
by Ryan Hudson Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:23 pm

» Current situation of the Adam group of companies
by anges Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:36 pm

» Avoid investing in Abans Group company shares
by fortuneteller Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 am

» People's Leasing Company
by prasa2004 Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:51 pm

» SDB - AN IMPRESSIVE PERFORMANCE
by prasa2004 Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm

» Beware of banking stocks
by prasa2004 Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:40 pm

» CEYLON COLD STORES PLC(CCS.N0000)
by Agape Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:49 pm

» Lanka Cement
by sureshot Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:09 am

» Roshan Egodage's Money Grabbing
by Investor1994 Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:10 pm

» CIFL ANY NEWS
by Gambino7 Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:13 pm

» CFT share එක මොනව හරි දෙයක් වෙනව වාගෙ.
by sameboy Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:43 pm

» BFN .. ORIENT FINANCE PLC
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:52 pm

» Sri Lanka Exports up 12.9-pct in Sept
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:38 am

» DECEMBER DISCOUNT
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:30 am

» LLMP - New Strategic Marketing >>> Boooom
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:27 am

» Why LLUB.N0000 going down ?
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:20 am

» LDEV rights
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:16 am

» SAMP Rights Issue
by niru Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:04 pm

HashFlare

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market & Forum Help » Listings by way of Introductions

Listings by way of Introductions

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Listings by way of Introductions on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:58 pm

2011_NewComer

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Can you please explain the basics of an Introduction.

I saw a Introduction notice for Senkadagala Finance on cse.lk
Any idea when that Senkadagala introduction will come?

Were there any such Introductions recently in the market?

flower

2 Re: Listings by way of Introductions on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:02 pm

tkc

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@2011_NewComer wrote:Can you please explain the basics of an Introduction.

I saw a Introduction notice for Senkadagala Finance on cse.lk
Any idea when that Senkadagala introduction will come?

Were there any such Introductions recently in the market?

flower
CDB is an example....

3 Re: Listings by way of Introductions on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:13 pm

mark

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@tkc wrote:
@2011_NewComer wrote:Can you please explain the basics of an Introduction.

I saw a Introduction notice for Senkadagala Finance on cse.lk
Any idea when that Senkadagala introduction will come?

Were there any such Introductions recently in the market?

flower
CDB is an example....

fly like a rocket in opening day................

4 Re: Listings by way of Introductions on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:21 pm

2011_NewComer

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@mark wrote:
@tkc wrote:
@2011_NewComer wrote:Can you please explain the basics of an Introduction.

I saw a Introduction notice for Senkadagala Finance on cse.lk
Any idea when that Senkadagala introduction will come?

Were there any such Introductions recently in the market?

flower
CDB is an example....

fly like a rocket in opening day................

Similar to IPO first day trading ?

5 Re: Listings by way of Introductions on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:31 pm

mark

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@2011_NewComer wrote:
@mark wrote:
@tkc wrote:
@2011_NewComer wrote:Can you please explain the basics of an Introduction.

I saw a Introduction notice for Senkadagala Finance on cse.lk
Any idea when that Senkadagala introduction will come?

Were there any such Introductions recently in the market?

flower
CDB is an example....

fly like a rocket in opening day................

Similar to IPO first day trading ?

nop..more effect than that....because if seller won't sell,then buyer has to go for seller.....so price rise rapidly if there is less shares to trade.......
but after few days price would come to real levels..........so retailers who bought at peak has to bear loss.............

6 Re: Listings by way of Introductions on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:38 pm

2011_NewComer

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@mark wrote:
@2011_NewComer wrote:
@mark wrote:
@tkc wrote:
@2011_NewComer wrote:Can you please explain the basics of an Introduction.

I saw a Introduction notice for Senkadagala Finance on cse.lk
Any idea when that Senkadagala introduction will come?

Were there any such Introductions recently in the market?

flower
CDB is an example....

fly like a rocket in opening day................

Similar to IPO first day trading ?

nop..more effect than that....because if seller won't sell,then buyer has to go for seller.....so price rise rapidly if there is less shares to trade.......
but after few days price would come to real levels..........so retailers who bought at peak has to bear loss.............

Please tell me how the trading starts initially..Is there a initial price listed before trading starts? bit confused Question who are the sellers initially?

7 Re: Listings by way of Introductions on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:05 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Introductions do not raise new capital for a company.
It is mainly an exit route for existing investors.
Therefore, the initial sellers are the existing shareholders of the company.
If im right, the initial price is the price at which the first trade takes place. Sellers ask and the buyers bid.

8 Re: Listings by way of Introductions on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Monster

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Newbies should be very careful in the opening day. It can be easily manipulated. If I recall, CDB went up to 165/- from 60/- within an hour in the opening day and dropped dramatically in the end of the day. Rolling Eyes

9 Re: Listings by way of Introductions on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:28 pm

2011_NewComer

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Monster wrote:Newbies should be very careful in the opening day. It can be easily manipulated. If I recall, CDB went up to 165/- from 60/- within an hour in the opening day and dropped dramatically in the end of the day. Rolling Eyes

googled and found this http://srilankastockpicks.blogspot.com/2010/10/cdb-makes-grand-entrance.html

Citizen’s Development Business Finance (CDB) Ltd. which listed by way of introduction saw its share price start the day at Rs 60.00 per share and shoot up all the way to Rs 165.00 and then come down to Rs 93.00 by the end of trade, on a volume of 300,700 shares. The share which was pegged at Rs 15.00 for its introduction had gained 518 percent

Thanks everyone for the replies Smile

10 Re: Listings by way of Introductions on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:23 am

2011_NewComer

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

11 Re: Listings by way of Introductions on Sat May 07, 2011 10:50 pm

uanuradha

avatar
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
affraid

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum