Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Charts & Graphs » 200 Day SMA

200 Day SMA

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 200 Day SMA on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:09 pm

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Can someone kindly explain why the indices for several sectors such as F&T, H&T and even BFI is trading below the 200 day SMA? BFI has made a valiant but unsuccessful effort to move back above the 200 day SMA
thanks

2 Re: 200 Day SMA on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:50 pm

gann

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@tubal wrote:Can someone kindly explain why the indices for several sectors such as F&T, H&T and even BFI is trading below the 200 day SMA? BFI has made a valiant but unsuccessful effort to move back above the 200 day SMA
thanks

BFI is well above 200 sma

3 Re: 200 Day SMA on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:03 pm

tubal

I do believe that you have an error in your data source. As we discussed earlier, your ASI didn't dip below the lower bollinger band when every where else it did (eg Bloomberg ( http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=CSEALL:IND#chart) and yahoo finance). And now this. As can be seen from the screenshot, the BFI index is below the 200 day sma
Attachments
bfi.gif
BFI Chart (Source CDAX)
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(37 Kb) Downloaded 22 times

4 Re: 200 Day SMA on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Meta Trader

hmm.... Suspect Suspect Suspect
this is how DirectFN showes BFI index with 200SMA

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

P.S
click on the graph to zoom it .

5 Re: 200 Day SMA on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:23 pm

tubal

Mm, directfn directly contradicts CDAX :-)
Any chance of your being able to export the index data as CSV and share it? I can do the same with CDAX and then we can quite easily calculate the SMA on a spreadsheet to see which of the two happens to be correct.

6 Re: 200 Day SMA on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:31 pm

tubal

Oh heck, Meta and Gann are right about the BFI being above the 200 day SMA. The chart produced by CDAX is completely wrong. Thank god I didn't make any trading decisions based on that!

I used the CSV data exported from CDAX to calculate the SMA and it comes to 14130 which is close the figure that's displayed on the DirectFN chart. This leaves me speechless. Are we using an online trading system that cannot even draw the most basic chart properly?

7 Re: 200 Day SMA on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:19 pm

gann

@tubal wrote:Oh heck, Meta and Gann are right about the BFI being above the 200 day SMA. The chart produced by CDAX is completely wrong. Thank god I didn't make any trading decisions based on that!

I used the CSV data exported from CDAX to calculate the SMA and it comes to 14130 which is close the figure that's displayed on the DirectFN chart. This leaves me speechless. Are we using an online trading system that cannot even draw the most basic chart properly?

you being a tec trader... i am amazed you have been using cdax for trading. Mad

8 Re: 200 Day SMA on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:54 am

tubal

@gann wrote:
@tubal wrote:Oh heck, Meta and Gann are right about the BFI being above the 200 day SMA. The chart produced by CDAX is completely wrong. Thank god I didn't make any trading decisions based on that!

you being a tec trader... i am amazed you have been using cdax for trading. Mad

I am not actually a technical trader but I do look at the trends. Yes, gonna give up on CDAX and move to a brokerage firm that has DirectFN. Thanks

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum