Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post

Latest topics

» MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 9:05 pm

» Bathbala Balaya...
by DS Wijesinghe Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Are you happy now? ඔබට සතුටුයිද දැන් ?
by DS Wijesinghe Yesterday at 6:54 pm

» Central Bank will intervene if rupee moves on speculation – official
by Miss-Sangeetha Yesterday at 4:09 pm

» MAHINDA RAJAPAKSHA 'S FUTURISTIC LEADERSHIP PAYS RICH DIVIDENDS
by DS Wijesinghe Yesterday at 8:08 am

» CSE WEEKLY
by ruwan326 Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:02 pm

» රජයට කෘත්‍රිමව රුපියල පාලනය කළ හැකිද?
by samaritan Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:50 pm

» DOLLAR MOVING UP UP
by samaritan Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:30 am

» Maharaja from Rajasthan
by ruwan326 Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:29 am

» Weekly Stock Market Roundup
by Insights Equity Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:40 pm

» MARKET CRASH - NOT GUARANTEED
by DS Wijesinghe Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:17 pm

» Summary of Key Announcements during the week 10 August 2018
by ruwan326 Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:32 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by ruwan326 Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:30 pm

» Daily Stock Market Update
by Insights Equity Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:11 pm

» ඩොලරය රු. 170 යි
by samaritan Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:44 pm

» WHY SRI LANKAN CAN NOT DO THIS
by Chanuque Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:24 am

» Time has come to reverse 70 years history
by ruwan326 Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:22 pm

» Gold climbs as dollar weakens on U.S.-China trade dispute
by Miss-Sangeetha Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:39 pm

» BLI Shares
by EGG Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:03 pm

» Banking shares Value picks for long term
by jayathu Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:32 pm

» UAL - Going down now?
by ruwan326 Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:47 pm

» Quality Management Systems
by lenny123 Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:54 am

» ASI MAY GO DOWN TO 5950
by Ahcha Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:43 am

» Clarification on the Erroneous Report regarding Sri Lanka issued by Nomura Holdings Inc.
by ruwan326 Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 am

» PLAYERS PICK OF THE DAY
by Ryan Hudson Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:49 am

» Invest on valuable metal
by Supunnawarathna Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:54 pm

» Market going down today?
by ruwan326 Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:00 pm

» SFL COLLECTION GOING ON....??????????
by sanjulanka Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:11 am

» ANILANA MANDATORY OFFER
by ruwan326 Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:52 pm

» Treasury to take over key role of Central Bank
by ruwan326 Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:45 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Stock Market Calendar

Stock Market Calendar

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 16]

1 Stock Market Calendar on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:18 pm

sriranga

avatar
Co-Admin
First topic message reminder :

CSE Calendar - Ex Dates / AGM / EGM



Last edited by sriranga on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

121 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Kumar


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
ASIR & AMSL Dividend Payout Ratio seems to be higher than usual.

122 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:31 am

salt


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
AMSL payout is understandable, but what I can't understand ASIR is paying huge dividend
ASIR is having huge debt in B/S. Earning could be LKR 0.20 per quarter. Payout is close to 70%

123 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:24 am

Fresher


Moderator
@salt wrote:AMSL payout is understandable, but what I can't understand ASIR is paying huge dividend
ASIR is having huge debt in B/S. Earning could be LKR 0.20 per quarter. Payout is close to 70%

The balance is probably what they are getting from AMSL as dividend (approx 330mn)

Kumar


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC
Company ID: - SLTL
Date of Announcement: - 12.Mar.2013
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 0.85 per share / First & Final Dividend
Financial Year: - 2012
Shareholder Approval: - Required
AGM: - 24.Apr.2013
XD: - 26.Apr.2013
Payment: - 07.May.2013
Share Transfer Book Open

125 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:29 pm

salt


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
on consolidated basis, its already accounted
in consolidation, inter company dividend is set off

126 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:13 pm

NZ BOY

avatar
Moderator
AMSL EPS More than 2

127 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Jake Sully

avatar
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Why Dialog is not announcing the dividend date?

128 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Fresher


Moderator
@salt wrote:on consolidated basis, its already accounted
in consolidation, inter company dividend is set off

what do you mean?

ASIR will be getting 350mn as dividends from AMSL (cash). ASIR in turn is paying approx 500mn as dividends out of which 350mn which it received from AMSL is tax free.

129 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Jiggysaurus

avatar
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
npp wrote:
@salt wrote:on consolidated basis, its already accounted
in consolidation, inter company dividend is set off

what do you mean?

ASIR will be getting 350mn as dividends from AMSL (cash). ASIR in turn is paying approx 500mn as dividends out of which 350mn which it received from AMSL is tax free.

looks like salt and pepper is confused with the accounting theory.

whether inter company dividends are set off or not for ASIR to pay their shareholders the money has to come from somewhere. As npp has pointed out ASIR's subsidiary is transferring 350 million as dividends to ASIR which in turn is adding 150 million and transferring 500 million to their shareholders.

sriranga

avatar
Co-Admin
CEYLINCO INSURANCE PLC
Company ID: - CINS (Voting & Non-Voting)
Date of Announcement: - 13.Mar.2013
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 12.50 per share / First & Final Dividend
Financial Year: - 2012
Shareholder Approval: - Required
AGM: - 09.Apr.2013
XD: - 10.Apr.2013
Payment: - 19.Apr.2013
Share Transfer Book Open

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

131 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:08 pm

rainmaker


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Not sure why it's so high. Usually you do not declare high amounts when the aggressive shareholder is out of cash.

Must be more to the story. Does anyone know?

132 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:35 pm

The Alchemist


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@rainmaker wrote:Not sure why it's so high. Usually you do not declare high amounts when the aggressive shareholder is out of cash.

Must be more to the story. Does anyone know?

Why is it high ? I think maybe its too low. On an EPS of Rs 75/-, A Dividend of Rs 12.50 means Payout is only approx 17 % way lower than most in the BFI Sector. (Janashakthi payout is approx 50 %). If "Aggressive" shareholder (Subasinghe ?) is out of Cash, more the reason for bigger payout, No ?

133 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:40 pm

rainmaker


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
It's high compared to historical payouts
The last thing they need is a stronger Suba

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
TALAWAKELLE TEA ESTATES PLC
Company ID: - TPL
Date of Announcement: - 13.Mar.2013
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 2.50 per share (Liable to 10% Dividend Tax) / First & Final Dividend
Financial Year: - 2012
Shareholder Approval: - Required
AGM: - 22.Apr.2013
XD: - 23.Apr.2013
Payment: - 02.May.2013
Share Transfer Book Open

135 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Slstock

avatar
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
I was expectign more like Rs 2.75-3 but Rs 2.5 is still 9% dividend after tax.

I wanted to add more to what 'i had today, but had no fund ;-(

136 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:10 pm

traderathome

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:I was expectign more like Rs 2.75-3 but Rs 2.5 is still 9% dividend after tax.

I wanted to add more to what 'i had today, but had no fund ;-(
Actually my expectation too was something in the range of 3Rs given the 2012 better results 1/3 on EPS should have been declared Sad

@9EPS this is worth @ 50Rs .....if Wage issue could be sorted out ....we could see a good CG in coming months.

Rolling Eyes

137 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:35 am

sriranga

avatar
Co-Admin
@Jake Sully wrote:Why Dialog is not announcing the dividend date?

Historically DIAL paid the dividend in May.(2nd Week)

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

138 18-Mar-2013 Dividend Announcement - Chemanex on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Malika1990

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
CHEMANEX PLC
Company ID: - CHMX
Date of Announcement: - 18.Mar.2013
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 0.50 per share / Interim Dividend
Financial Year: - 2012 / 2013
XD: - 28. Mar.2013
Payment: - 08.Apr.2013
Share Transfer Book Open

139 19-Mar-2013 Dividend Announcement - DIAL on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:10 pm

sriranga

avatar
Co-Admin
DIALOG AXIATA PLC
Company ID: - DIAL
Date of Initial Announcement: - 18.Feb.2013
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 0.33 per share / First & Final Dividend
Financial Year: - 2012
Shareholder Approval: - Required
AGM: - 08.May.2013
XD: - 09.May.2013
Payment: - 16.May.2013
Share Transfer Book Open

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

SRIAS


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE PLC
Company ID: - JINS
Date of Announcement: - 20.Mar.2013
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 1.00 per share / First Interim Dividend
Financial Year: - 2013
XD: - 02.Apr.2013
Payment: - 05.Apr.2013
Share Transfer Book Open

141 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:14 pm

salt

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Great! But this will be final dividend ( though mentioned as interim)

Hemas Power & Lanka Floortiles - next big dividends coming

142 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Universalgoal


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
and CTBL on the Card

143 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:50 pm

keeper

avatar
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Will JINS move RS13.00 within nextweek?I think it will move up to that level, but suddenly it stop Rs12.50 level

144 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:55 pm

salt

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
CBTL pays Dividends in July / Aug

145 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:02 pm

SRIAS


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@salt wrote:CBTL pays Dividends in July / Aug

Salt that is CTBL not CBSL

Dividend History of CTBL

17 August 2012

Date of Announcement: - 17.Aug.2012
Rate of Dividend: - Rs.0.25 per share / First & Final Dividend
Financial Year: - 2011/2012
XD: - 28.Aug.2012
Payment: - 07.Sep.2012

26 July 2011

Date of Announcement:-26.Jul.2011
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 0.20 per share / First and Final Dividend
Financial Year: - 2010/2011
XD:-04.Aug.2011
Payment: - 15.Aug.2011

Date of Announcement:-20. Aug.2010
Rate of Dividend:- Rs.0.15 per share First & Final Dividend
Financial Year:- 2009/2010
Shareholder Approval:- Not Required
XD:-01.Sep.2010
Payment :- 13.Sep.2010


146 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:12 pm

salt

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
sorry , T in wrong place
But content is correct

147 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Redbulls

avatar
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@salt wrote:Great! But this will be final dividend ( though mentioned as interim)

Hemas Power & Lanka Floortiles - next big dividends coming


This is an interim dividend for the year 2013, clearly stated in the announcement.

Most of us are not reading between the lines no?

148 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:48 pm

salt

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Redbulls wrote:
@salt wrote:Great! But this will be final dividend ( though mentioned as interim)

Hemas Power & Lanka Floortiles - next big dividends coming


This is an interim dividend for the year 2013, clearly stated in the announcement.

Most of us are not reading between the lines no?

In CSE there is no uniformity. many times , we have seen interim , but no final , so interim becomes final

if you are in doubt , look the dividend history of RCL, HSIG.... (just a fe i can remeber ) but many more

149 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:06 pm

Redbulls

avatar
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@salt wrote:
@Redbulls wrote:
@salt wrote:Great! But this will be final dividend ( though mentioned as interim)

Hemas Power & Lanka Floortiles - next big dividends coming


This is an interim dividend for the year 2013, clearly stated in the announcement.

Most of us are not reading between the lines no?

In CSE there is no uniformity. many times , we have seen interim , but no final , so interim becomes final

if you are in doubt , look the dividend history of RCL, HSIG.... (just a fe i can remeber ) but many more

I do not have any doubt, I know better about the dividend announcements and read properly between the lines before posing a question.

150 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:22 pm

raptor


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Its really hard to say whether its final or interim and for what year. There is hardly any uniformity in the language anyone users.

Given that JINS financial year is from Jan-Dec we can assume this will be for the year ending 31st Dec 2013. I highly doubt they will pay more than Rs1 as a dividend, if they do, bloody bonus it will be for us JINS holders! Its another gem like PLC for dividend payments. Thank god I piled into both stocks when they were low.

151 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:49 pm

salt

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@raptor wrote:Its really hard to say whether its final or interim and for what year. There is hardly any uniformity in the language anyone users.

Given that JINS financial year is from Jan-Dec we can assume this will be for the year ending 31st Dec 2013. I highly doubt they will pay more than Rs1 as a dividend, if they do, bloody bonus it will be for us JINS holders! Its another gem like PLC for dividend payments. Thank god I piled into both stocks when they were low.

Agree with you. No point of arguing with Redbulls. We too read carefully, but history says there is no uniformity, if you have seen the dividend announcements over the yaers

152 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Redbulls

avatar
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@salt wrote:
@raptor wrote:Its really hard to say whether its final or interim and for what year. There is hardly any uniformity in the language anyone users.

Given that JINS financial year is from Jan-Dec we can assume this will be for the year ending 31st Dec 2013. I highly doubt they will pay more than Rs1 as a dividend, if they do, bloody bonus it will be for us JINS holders! Its another gem like PLC for dividend payments. Thank god I piled into both stocks when they were low.

Agree with you. No point of arguing with Redbulls. We too read carefully, but history says there is no uniformity, if you have seen the dividend announcements over the yaers

Point to argue on this incident because you didn't read carefully the announcement and bluffing for no reason.
Announcement clearly sttating First Interim dividend and for the Financial Year 2013.
Accepting the fault bitter for most, and sorry to say they can't be a good trader in stock trading.

153 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:13 pm

salt

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Great! But this will be final dividend ( though mentioned as interim)

This was my exact word. I read it. But , also i know that practice. if you don't know, look at some companies as I have mentioned earlier. if its a mistake, i would have readily accepted , whats wring in it, everybody makes mistake.

154 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Redbulls

avatar
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@salt wrote:Great! But this will be final dividend ( though mentioned as interim)

This was my exact word. I read it. But , also i know that practice. if you don't know, look at some companies as I have mentioned earlier. if its a mistake, i would have readily accepted , whats wring in it, everybody makes mistake.
No offence mate.

155 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:18 pm

salt

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Royal Ceramics 1.00 Interim 27-Jun-08
Royal Ceramics 1.00 Interim 17-Dec-08
Royal Ceramics 2.50 Interim 30-Mar-10
Royal Ceramics 2.50 2nd Interim 03-May-10
Royal Ceramics 2.50 1st Interim 30-Aug-10
Royal Ceramics 1.00 2nd Interim 03-May-11
Royal Ceramics 1.00 Final 23-May-11
Royal Ceramics 2.00 Interim 27-Jan-12
Royal Ceramics 2.00 Interim 01-Feb-13

156 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:23 pm

Antonym

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Since 2008, JINS has declared only 1 dividend each year. On each occasion, it was described as an 'Interim Dividend'.

157 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:28 pm

salt

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ Antonyn,
This clarifies my stance more
Thanks for educating us

158 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:34 pm

raptor


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Some peeps might be losing the point here, the fact that JINS has declared a Rs1 dividend

If someone wants to make an investment decision based on them declaring another dividend this year its up to them, if others think this is the final dividend and base their investment decision on that then fair play.

Its fine to state an opinion and respecfully disagree with someone elses.

My 2 cents.

At the end of this I hold a lot of JINS so happy with 1 or 2 dividends this year!

159 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:58 pm

SL.Market

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
One who want to understand what the CSE is, do the study on JINS behavior nearing to Dividends and After.... Then Only You can get the benefit of the dividends announcement

160 20-Mar-2013 Dividend Announcement - COMD on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:10 pm

sriranga

avatar
Co-Admin
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC
Company ID: - COMD
Date of Announcement: - 20.Mar.2013
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 2.00 per share / Final Dividend
Financial Year: - 2012
Dates to be notified

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

161 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:07 pm

Leon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@SL.Market wrote:One who want to understand what the CSE is, do the study on JINS behavior nearing to Dividends and After.... Then Only You can get the benefit of the dividends announcement

Kindly elaborate more on this....

162 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:11 pm

Jana

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Good news .. another 2/= reduce from my average cost...


_________________
Note: This is my opinion, Not a Promotion or Buy/Sell recommendation, please Think twice before take decision , (As a member of the Forum I am sharing my ideas here.. not for any other purpose)

163 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:08 am

traderathome

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
This share is trading @ PE ratio 3 ....it has potential to trade @ atleast 4-5 know ?

sriranga

avatar
Co-Admin
F L C HOLDINGS PLC
Company ID: - FLCH
Date of Announcement: - 22.Mar.2013
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 0.15 per share / Interim Dividend
Financial Year: - 2011/2012 & 2012/2013
XD: - 04.Apr.2013
Payment: - 16.Apr.2013
Share Transfer Book Open

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

165 Re: Stock Market Calendar on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:40 pm

WildBear


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
If we collect this stock at current prices, this will become a more than 10 % dividend yield counter in next couple of years, with expected earnings from Hydro power sector. FLCH office complex at Borella also on progress, most of the structure is completed.

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum