Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Poll

SLEF Market Sentiment Indicator

73% 73% [ 1113 ]
27% 27% [ 402 ]

Total Votes : 1515

Responsible Care



Latest topics
» 27 wenidata Raliyak thiyenawalu
by nimantha80 Today at 8:05 pm

» HOW WELL ARE YOU KEEPING AWAY FROM THE MARKET
by samaritan Today at 8:04 pm

» How well are you sleeping these days?
by nimantha80 Today at 7:49 pm

» HATS OFF TO QUIBIT
by soileconomy Today at 5:43 pm

» LEASE BG,SBLC
by kimsungnyon007 Today at 4:40 pm

» WE ARE SPECIALIZED IN DELIVERING GENUINE BANK INSTRUMENTS
by kimsungnyon007 Today at 4:23 pm

» We offer fresh cut bank instruments for lease and sales
by kimsungnyon007 Today at 4:22 pm

» Bridge Loans & Hard Money Financing
by kimsungnyon007 Today at 4:14 pm

» Certified Bank Guarantee BG StandBy Letter of Credit SBLC Available
by kimsungnyon007 Today at 4:10 pm

» Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP
by Miss-Sangeetha Today at 2:35 pm

» DECRIMINALIZATION OF HOMOSEXUALITY
by sureshot Today at 1:45 pm

» MANDATORY OFFER BY PRIME LANDS (PRIVATE) LIMITED TO PURCHASE ALL THE REMAINING ORDINARY SHARES OF SUMMIT FINANCE PLC
by point Today at 12:21 pm

» Be carefully your shares of cse
by rosa maria Today at 12:13 pm

» ජීඑස්පී ප්ලස් සඳහා එකම නිර්ණායකය ජාත්‍යන්තර ප්‍රඥප්තීන් 27 ක්‍රියාත්මක කිරීම පමණයි – යුරෝපා සංගමය කියයි
by worthiness Today at 12:06 pm

» policy direction is required, but no big problem in economy
by worthiness Today at 11:31 am

» SEVERAL STOCK BROKERS TO CLOSE SHOP
by ice4083 Today at 11:15 am

» SEC curbs activities of Swarnamahal Financial Services
by worthiness Today at 11:07 am

» What is the best free online CSE stocks portfolio monitoring tool/Website?
by kush123 Today at 10:35 am

» JKH 100/=....NEXT JANUARY.....
by Ryan Hudson Today at 8:41 am

» Minister Kabir Hashim
by PrasannaMani Today at 8:20 am

» New leasing scheme comes into effect
by PrasannaMani Today at 7:58 am

» last few years Budgets.
by stockback Today at 12:03 am

» ASI Chart 18.01.2017
by stockback Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» TKS Securities to close down operations by 31st March 2017
by stockback Yesterday at 11:31 pm

» Stock mkt Crash ASI would be reached to 5500
by Quibit Yesterday at 10:01 pm

» කුලියාපිටි ෆොක්ස්වගන් කාර් වලට ටයර් හදන්නෙ හොරණ ද​?
by worthiness Yesterday at 9:48 pm

» Good governance to rob more money in one deal than previous admins made in 4 years
by worthiness Yesterday at 9:17 pm

» Ratifying 27 int’l conventions the criteria for GSP: EU
by PrasannaMani Yesterday at 4:05 pm

» Lankan delegation in Davos says several trade pacts will be finalized by June
by PrasannaMani Yesterday at 3:21 pm

» TRAGEDY OF POLICY DECISIONS UNDER YAHAPALANA!
by worthiness Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Hidden Treasure !!! - Maharaja
by Maharaja Yesterday at 10:45 am

» ADAM INVESTMENTS PLC share dropping
by niru Yesterday at 10:09 am

» SL will integrate trade in Asian region: PM
by PrasannaMani Yesterday at 8:46 am

» CMPort China to pump over US$ 400 mn on H’tota port
by sisira.wijeweera Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:47 pm

» Coca-Cola interested in using SL as production hub
by soileconomy Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:45 pm

» Finance Minister
by sureshot Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:33 pm

» 200 point ASI move- Maharaja
by Maharaja Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:12 pm

» CSE MARKET SIGNAL
by stockback Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:07 pm

» SL’s future growth depends on foreign investor confidence: WB
by skyfall Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:31 pm

» INVESTORS AVOID CSE CASINO
by samaritan Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:52 am

» CSE TO SHUT DOWN? - FUTURE BLEAK
by nimantha80 Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:49 am

» NO FOOD, EAT FREEDOM OF SPEECH
by samaritan Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:42 am

» GSP++ and MGT.N 20+
by sisira.wijeweera Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:45 pm

» ASI Chart - 01.15.2017
by stockback Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:57 pm

» GSP+ effet ..sectors , companies.
by amilaela Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:47 pm

» ETCA ගිවිසුම තුලින් ජනාධිපති තුමාට කැප්පෙටිපොල වීරයා මෙන් ඉතිහාස ගත ජාතික වීරයෙක් වෙන්න යැයි ඉල්ලීමක්
by worthiness Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:55 pm

» Foreigners who invest over USD 300,000 to get 2 to 5 year visa
by worthiness Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:36 pm

» The dead walk
by anjelo Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:25 pm

» The 300 of hexp as it long term glory
by stockback Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:30 am

» Foundation laid for Nestlé Lanka’s Rs.5bn factory expansion
by PrasannaMani Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:12 am

» Meka Mahinda Rajapaksege Wadak
by Yahapalanaya Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:00 am

» More buyers than sellers
by nimantha80 Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:48 pm

» HEXP.N000 Chart
by worthiness Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:02 pm

» SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR 2017
by worthiness Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:06 pm

» What are the most Undervalued stock of CSE?
by point Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:06 am

» HEXP cash per share is Rs.48/-
by stockback Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:40 pm

» Don't sell ALUM on cheap...DIVIDEND 1 RUPEE COMING SOON...
by Rifanmoh Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:30 pm

» EPF can buy over all companies in Sri Lanka, says Premier
by PrasannaMani Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:08 pm

» Capital trust triger buying signal on ALUM Target price 23.50...
by kasun panditha Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:40 am

» KEEP EYE ON ALUMEX TARGET PRICE 25 ...
by kasun panditha Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:39 am

» REXP REXP.
by kassachandimal Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:37 am

» MArket will be green
by jayathu Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:28 am

» MARKET BLEEDS DUE TO POLICY INCONSISTENCIES
by soileconomy Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:52 am

» Since today is Poya day...This suits for equity Forum.....
by Chinwi Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 pm

» BOP surplus during the first nine months of 2016
by skyfall Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:35 pm

» Looking to enter market after few years. Need your genuine advice.
by PrasannaMani Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:18 pm

» we got GSP relief....Thanks god
by PrasannaMani Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:14 pm

» Access Engineering invests in Rs10bn mixed development
by Teller Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:05 pm

» SRI LANKA TO GET BACK GSP+ FACILITY
by PrasannaMani Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:20 am

» Finance Minister
by PrasannaMani Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:33 am

» Sri Lanka to raise US $ 1.5bn through bonds in new year
by PrasannaMani Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:58 am

» GSP+ granted European Commission - Press release
by PrasannaMani Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:10 am

» GSP+++++++++++++++
by Kashyapa Senarathne Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:55 pm

» Breaking News - LONG OVERDUE SALE OF HEXP LAND FOR RS. 420 M REALIZED ON 10/01/2017
by worthiness Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:36 pm

» Well organized manipulation to keep the market down !!!!!
by Learner19 Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:04 pm

» EU Commission proposes to grant GSP+ to Sri Lanka
by Learner19 Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:41 pm

» The Banker mag picks Ravi K as Finance Minister of the Year, Asia-Pacific
by ranferdi Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:45 pm

» HEXP deal completed
by Teller Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:48 am

» HEXP start next run to 150
by Teller Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:36 am

» SAMP 17 rs announcement ahead..feb
by jayathu Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:41 pm

» Stock Market Quotes
by agrawalmadhuri154 Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:29 pm

» Credit rating upgrade depends on SL’s compliance with IMF conditions: Fitch
by PrasannaMani Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:42 am

» Foreign reserves improve to US $ 6 bn by end 2016
by PrasannaMani Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:18 am

» Higher private credit growth upsets Central Bank
by PrasannaMani Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:16 am

» Hilton Colombo, Grand Hyatt will be listed this quarter
by anges Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 am

» ANY NEWS ON MGT.......
by anges Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:38 am

» Reliable and Safe Way To Make Over 40% Profit Monthly
by princess111 Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:45 am

» යහපාලනෙන් රට වැසියන්ට නව ආහාර රාශියක්
by Chinwi Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:45 am

» CFVF 2 Rupee Dividend on the Way
by Harry82 Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:45 pm

» ITALIAN TYRE GIANT MARANGONI TURNS ITS BACK ON SRI LANKA
by worthiness Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:36 pm

» CAN A CHAMELEON & COMEDIAN GOVERN A NATION?
by stockback Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:25 pm

» TRANSFORMATION OF VOLKSWAGEN UNDER YAHAPALANA
by worthiness Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:56 pm

» Real UNP Era begins - market should go
by worthiness Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:22 pm

» GSP plus has been confirmed.
by Brinthan Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:47 pm

» /GSP---concession-by-next-week
by Brinthan Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:15 pm

» SRILANKA WILL PROBABLY REGAIN EU GSP PLUS NEXT WEEK
by Brinthan Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:38 pm

» Humidity is going down - bit unusual in CMB
by PrasannaMani Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:01 pm

» Ravi calls CB Governor a hospital attendant
by PrasannaMani Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:11 am

» Sri Lanka to attract 2.5mn tourists in 2017 despite snags
by PrasannaMani Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:20 am


CIFL , TWOD will recover...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CIFL , TWOD will recover...

Post by hello on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:28 pm

My Advisor said "Still the big share holder holding more than 2 million CIFL shares to sell .. after that it turn back to go up.. So if you can hold buy @ this level and hold it at least you can sell it more than 5/= sin short term(after APRIL)" ... So CIFL good @ 3.50 ..

and he said TWOD will trade @ 5/= level ..then it will recover ..so wait to buy @ 5/=...I am waiting to buy TWOD @ 5/=...

I don't bother about their reports or performance,.. so many stocks negative NAV in the CSE but trading welll..Eg.TFC..HUEJ..

What do you thing guys...


Last edited by hello on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forget to mention the stock name)

hello
Moderator

Posts : 180
Equity Stars : 3482
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL , TWOD will recover...

Post by Jana1 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:54 pm

@hello wrote:My Advisor said "Still the big share holder holding more than 2 million CIFL shares to sell .. after that it turn back to go up.. So if you can hold buy @ this level and hold it at least you can sell it more than 5/= sin short term(after APRIL)" ... So CIFL good @ 3.50 ..

and he said TWOD will trade @ 5/= level ..then it will recover ..so wait to buy @ 5/=...I am waiting to buy TWOD @ 5/=...

I don't bother about their reports or performance,.. so many stocks negative NAV in the CSE but trading welll..Eg.TFC..HUEJ..

What do you thing guys...

I don't bother about their reports or performance,.. so many stocks negative NAV in the CSE but trading welll..Eg.TFC..HUEJ..

Not a good one. Go and study about Vanik incorporation. You will get better idea and make sure you sleep well at nite...

Jana1
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 704
Equity Stars : 2827
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL , TWOD will recover...

Post by hello on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:11 pm

@Jana1 wrote:
@hello wrote:My Advisor said "Still the big share holder holding more than 2 million CIFL shares to sell .. after that it turn back to go up.. So if you can hold buy @ this level and hold it at least you can sell it more than 5/= sin short term(after APRIL)" ... So CIFL good @ 3.50 ..

and he said TWOD will trade @ 5/= level ..then it will recover ..so wait to buy @ 5/=...I am waiting to buy TWOD @ 5/=...

I don't bother about their reports or performance,.. so many stocks negative NAV in the CSE but trading welll..Eg.TFC..HUEJ..

What do you thing guys...

I don't bother about their reports or performance,.. so many stocks negative NAV in the CSE but trading welll..Eg.TFC..HUEJ..

Not a good one. Go and study about Vanik incorporation. You will get better idea and make sure you sleep well at nite...

I know about Vanik .. I don't mean that .. I don't bother about their reports and performance means only for CIFL..because I can understand CIFL is under speculation some time.. So may be we can expect another run from it .. So if I buy 3.50 sell it 5/= exit permanently.. I thing as my advisor said this is the lowest level for CIFL... So its good..

hello
Moderator

Posts : 180
Equity Stars : 3482
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL , TWOD will recover...

Post by Redbulls on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:16 pm

@hello
Seems to be you asked for the opinion and the same time you had the answer in your mind.
Keep it up.

@hello wrote:
@Jana1 wrote:
@hello wrote:My Advisor said "Still the big share holder holding more than 2 million CIFL shares to sell .. after that it turn back to go up.. So if you can hold buy @ this level and hold it at least you can sell it more than 5/= sin short term(after APRIL)" ... So CIFL good @ 3.50 ..

and he said TWOD will trade @ 5/= level ..then it will recover ..so wait to buy @ 5/=...I am waiting to buy TWOD @ 5/=...

I don't bother about their reports or performance,.. so many stocks negative NAV in the CSE but trading welll..Eg.TFC..HUEJ..

What do you thing guys...

I don't bother about their reports or performance,.. so many stocks negative NAV in the CSE but trading welll..Eg.TFC..HUEJ..

Not a good one. Go and study about Vanik incorporation. You will get better idea and make sure you sleep well at nite...

I know about Vanik .. I don't mean that .. I don't bother about their reports and performance means only for CIFL..because I can understand CIFL is under speculation some time.. So may be we can expect another run from it .. So if I buy 3.50 sell it 5/= exit permanently.. I thing as my advisor said this is the lowest level for CIFL... So its good..

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Posts : 6082
Equity Stars : 13436
Reputation : 770
Join date : 2012-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL , TWOD will recover...

Post by Slstock on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:17 pm

I have expressed my vies on this many times.

All I can say is if one knows when to enter and exit, CIFL can be a good pick for short term as it is highly speculative.

For long term, don;t keeps your hopes up until we see a clear recovery plan by CIFL. As it would hurt holders , I would stop here and not talk about their reputation ( what we heard from the forum itself).

Like PCH , TWOD they have much to do.

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Posts : 6628
Equity Stars : 10740
Reputation : 1158
Join date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL , TWOD will recover...

Post by hunter on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:17 am

Not only TWOD, valid for anything:

when we buy, should have two target levels to exit, one above the buy and the other below.

And with the experience, develop courage to stick to those plans.

hunter
Moderator

Posts : 787
Equity Stars : 4274
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL , TWOD will recover...

Post by Slstock on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:21 am


Well time/holding is another factor to keep in mind.

If you also an investor your holding times and targets will be different from a traders.

That why I say don;t go long term with certain shares unless you trust their management and recovery plans.



@hunter wrote:Not only TWOD, valid for anything:

when we buy, should have two target levels to exit, one above the buy and the other below.

And with the experience, develop courage to stick to that exit plans.

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Posts : 6628
Equity Stars : 10740
Reputation : 1158
Join date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL , TWOD will recover...

Post by K&M on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:12 am

Just for the curiosity. why do you'l say that touchwood is not worth? i heard many stories that investors are not getting their returns back in this forum. Is their any evidence that the company is struggling??

Please can anyone explain the risk associated by investing in it?

K&M
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Posts : 73
Equity Stars : 1815
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL , TWOD will recover...

Post by Slstock on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:21 am

Well have discussed this 10 times over. Pl search forum topics.

If TOWD can solve their cash issues, and improve management and risk , it iwll be a very good co mpany, Right now TWOd has some issues. The current price is very attractive but bear can make it go down more if there is any bad news.

There is a major difference in short term play in bear market and bull market.



K&M wrote:Just for the curiosity. why do you'l say that touchwood is not worth? i heard many stories that investors are not getting their returns back in this forum. Is their any evidence that the company is struggling??

Please can anyone explain the risk associated by investing in it?

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Posts : 6628
Equity Stars : 10740
Reputation : 1158
Join date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL , TWOD will recover...

Post by hello on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:20 pm

As my Advisor says... CIFL stable @ 3.50 ... TWOD going to 5/= ...
So CIFL good to buy @ 3.50
TWOD good to buy @ 5/= or 4.80 level...

hello
Moderator

Posts : 180
Equity Stars : 3482
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL , TWOD will recover...

Post by K&M on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Assume twod is struggling with its cash and management (still they made good profits this quarter) i don't see any reason whatsoever for share price to drop 40 % in a weeks. its understandable if TWOD is declaring for bankruptcy but that not the case.

I get the feeling that someone is pushing down this share and buying at low price. after all this is CSE,a renowned mafia organisations. At some point we will see less people in the selling side, and the share skyrocketing.

what do you'l think?

K&M
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Posts : 73
Equity Stars : 1815
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL , TWOD will recover...

Post by Dr_CSE on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:09 pm

K&M wrote:I get the feeling that someone is pushing down this share and buying at low price. after all this is CSE,a renowned mafia organisations. At some point we will see less people in the selling side, and the share skyrocketing.

what do you'l think?
My feeling about TWOD is that it' s been collected by someone. If you compare the price depreciation of TWOD with other companies with negative EPS , high PER, low NAVPS, it has lost its value massively. Not only TWOD someother shares like REEF.19, LOFC, PCH have been dragged down. For me TWOD is the most beaten down out of all penny stocks.

Dr_CSE
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Posts : 83
Equity Stars : 1938
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-01-20
Location : Colombo

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL , TWOD will recover...

Post by Slstock on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Now TWOD is a penny stock. Once it was in the 100s , then 60s then 30s!


Yes certain cheap stocks are reducing at rapid rate,



@Dr_CSE wrote:
K&M wrote:I get the feeling that someone is pushing down this share and buying at low price. after all this is CSE,a renowned mafia organisations. At some point we will see less people in the selling side, and the share skyrocketing.

what do you'l think?
My feeling about TWOD is that it' s been collected by someone. If you compare the price depreciation of TWOD with other companies with negative EPS , high PER, low NAVPS, it has lost its value massively. Not only TWOD someother shares like REEF.19, LOFC, PCH have been dragged down. For me TWOD is the most beaten down out of all penny stocks.

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Posts : 6628
Equity Stars : 10740
Reputation : 1158
Join date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL , TWOD will recover...

Post by K&M on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:02 am

Look what is happening to the share now, i guess we were right in predicting it.

Any estimation on how far it could go?

K&M
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Posts : 73
Equity Stars : 1815
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL , TWOD will recover...

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:25 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who is online?
In total there are 102 users online :: 6 Registered, 2 Hidden and 94 Guests

indunil329, kumarweerarathne, nimantha80, soileconomy, stockback, worthiness

Most users ever online was 541 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:29 am
Statistics
We have 16664 registered users
The newest registered user is AntwanNs

Our users have posted a total of 320915 messages in 49261 subjects
Forum Rules & Guidelines
Sri Lanka Equity Analytic
Disclaimer

The information contained in this forum have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein.

www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever.

Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.