Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Latest topics
» CITK.N0000 good price @ 3.70-3.80
Today at 12:30 am by geshan.weerakkody

» ESL on Hot
Yesterday at 10:56 pm by stockback

»  ශීත කලය පැමිනෙවි.. තද ශීත කුනටු හමාවි.. හිම කැට සහිත මහ නපුරු සුලි සුලන් හමවි.. එහෙත් වසන්තය එනව සත්තමය්...............
Yesterday at 7:50 pm by omegaplus

» Dear Admin Plz remove this cover photo this is a request
Yesterday at 5:15 pm by Quibit

» ALUMEX *** ALUMEX *** ALUMEX
Yesterday at 3:24 pm by geshan.weerakkody

» 47 counters 52 week low.
Yesterday at 2:39 pm by nimantha80

» Is today CSE birth day?????
Yesterday at 2:36 pm by nimantha80

» IDL experts view
Yesterday at 2:35 pm by nimantha80

» market eka watila iwarai wageda....
Yesterday at 2:05 pm by buddikasmart

» New beging with new shares.
Yesterday at 2:01 pm by VALUEPICK

» CHEER UP EVERYBODY - BEST NEWS FOR INVESTORS
Yesterday at 1:55 pm by buddikasmart

» Reason for this up trend...
Yesterday at 1:52 pm by aiyosalli

» ASI 6900 now
Yesterday at 1:52 pm by piras

» April dull,loz
Yesterday at 1:24 pm by SECsux

» Guys buy buy-Closing ASI 6900
Yesterday at 1:14 pm by Thushara Ayya

» Fools Day Fooly Rally!
Yesterday at 1:13 pm by Thushara Ayya

» COLOMBO PORT CITY
Yesterday at 1:06 pm by piras

» Sri Lanka to get EXIM bank India’s US$500mn green bond support for green projects
Yesterday at 12:36 pm by NZ BOY

» කැසිනෝ මෝගල්, සිංහල බිලියනපති ධම්මික පෙරේරා සම්පත් ඒජීඑම් එකේදී, 'හැරී ගේ කැෂියර් වූ, ප්ලාන්ටර් පුත් රවී කරුණානායකට' මහා සිංහලේ ගත්කරු කුමාරතුංග මුනිදාසගේ 'හීන්සැරය' මතක් කර දෙයි!
Yesterday at 11:46 am by Richie

» Qubit kooo...
Yesterday at 11:07 am by nimantha80

» REeeeeeeeeeeeef .................Unsual
Yesterday at 10:44 am by aiyosalli

» When Negativity Helps a Bull Market
Yesterday at 10:32 am by VALUEPICK

» Fools day advice for fools.
Yesterday at 10:24 am by nimantha80

» Crooks in business appointed to manage Sri Lanka Cricket
Yesterday at 9:44 am by Quibit

» April Fool's day message
Yesterday at 8:41 am by Octopus

»  Treasury Bill auction held on 31.03.2015
Yesterday at 8:27 am by NZ BOY

» Inflation declined further in March 2015
Yesterday at 8:26 am by NZ BOY

» Sri Lanka:India's TATA Steel investment exits from SL after 18 Days of Modi's SL Visit, Lankem lead EB Creasy buys Tata Steel SL venture for Rs.433 Mn
Yesterday at 5:52 am by DealKing

» Ranil's Regime appoints goons to bring down 'Cricket' in Sri Lanka, ICC says Sri Lanka may be suspended from ICC Membership
Yesterday at 5:44 am by DealKing

» Did you see April Fool Story of Daily FT Today - Happy Fools Day!
Yesterday at 5:30 am by DealKing

» 'මම අලින්වත් දන්නවා, කටුස්සන්වත් දන්නවා' - ශ්‍රී ලංකාවේ කැසිනෝ මෝගල් ධම්මික පෙරේරා සිංහලෙන් සම්පත් කොටස් කරුවන්ට කියයි
Yesterday at 4:45 am by Business Basil

» CLPL..GREG..DPL..TAP has potential to go up!!
Yesterday at 2:10 am by Jana

» now Greg time ahead
Yesterday at 2:09 am by Jana

» GREG Countdown start....!!!
Yesterday at 2:09 am by Jana

» JKH Net Foreign Buy
Yesterday at 1:59 am by Jana

» IM BUYING LATER THIS WEEK AND MY PICKS ARE ....
Yesterday at 1:57 am by Jana

» Sri Lanka: Finance Minister Ravi K to appoint his lawyer turned Political stooge Rienzi Arsekularatne as HNB Chairman
Yesterday at 12:55 am by fireshelter

» Sri Lanka's 'Hula' resigns from Commercial Bank Board
Yesterday at 12:52 am by fireshelter

» Pawning jwellery Gil mart
Yesterday at 12:49 am by fireshelter

» fill your portfolio
Yesterday at 12:48 am by fireshelter

» Mr. SHARK aka TAH and other Technical advisers.....
Yesterday at 12:47 am by fireshelter

» Dr Harsha - PL WALK THE TALK- YAHAPALANAYA
Yesterday at 12:22 am by fireshelter

» When will market turnaround?
Yesterday at 12:20 am by fireshelter

» Where is the end ….???
Yesterday at 12:18 am by fireshelter

» President's brother attacked with an axe
Yesterday at 12:17 am by fireshelter

» WALKING WITH THE DINOSAURS PART IV /Dr.Godahewa
Yesterday at 12:12 am by fireshelter

» වාණිජ බැංකු ප්‍රධානීන් කිහිප දෙනෙකුට ඉල්ලා අස්වන්නැයි දැනුම්දීම අභියෝගයට ලක්වන හැඩ
Yesterday at 12:10 am by fireshelter

» නොනාවරුනි මහත්වරුනි ඉවසන්න. ෂෝක් කාලයක් ඉදිරියට එනවා
Yesterday at 12:01 am by fireshelter

» Watch SFL
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:58 pm by fireshelter

» Green everywhere.
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:56 pm by fireshelter

» Sri Lanka:Former US Jailed Market manipulator Raj Rajaratnam's Cashier, Finance Minister Ravi Karunanayake appointing Political Stooges to country's Private Sector Banks
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:53 pm by fireshelter

» Sri Lanka's new regime calls everyone to engage in share market activities and participate in wealth creation: Harsha De Silva
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:48 pm by fireshelter

» Today Green may be bull trape
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:45 pm by fireshelter

» තිලක්ට ගියපාර 7300 සිට 4600 මාර්කට් බස්සන්න ගියේ මාස 9ය් . මේ පාර මාස කීයද ?
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:34 pm by fireshelter

» Another dividend from REXP
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:33 pm by fireshelter

» All factors Good for Market other than Tilak Factors
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:30 pm by fireshelter

» IS MARKET RALLY TODAY FABRICATION???
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:29 pm by fireshelter

» EPF Start to Buy
Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:57 pm by fireshelter

» HANG DOWN YOUR HEAD TOM DOOLEY
Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:08 pm by Senior Citizen

» As Market Pessimism Grows, Should You Buy Stocks?
Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:46 pm by VALUEPICK

» Dividend payments
Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:35 pm by shamath

» Sri Lanka:Politico turned 'Talking Economist' Dr. Harsha Tries to justify Cronyism of Ravi Karunanayake and Ranil Wickremasinghe
Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:20 pm by D.G.Dayaratne

» Why all are shouting buy tomorrow noon/evening..
Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:11 pm by nimantha80

» From Banking to Healthcare - State owned Lanka Hospitals appoints Seylan Retail Banking Senior Deputy General Manager as Lanka Hospitals Deputy Chairman
Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:59 pm by bandulawee

» Tomorrow evening im buying
Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:38 pm by nimantha80

» WALKING WITH THE DINOSAURS PART IV by Dr Nalaka Godahewa
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:27 am by Quibit

» AEL and ESL both reached to my target
Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:43 am by Jana

» Open Invitation for Sri Lanka Equity Members - Seminar from Austrian Economist Dr. Tom Palmer
Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:59 am by Thushara Ayya

» Let,s go to the Galle face
Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:47 am by sharemarket

» green market today ?
Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:40 am by Thushara Ayya

» Sri Lanka Chevron unit sees surge in exports
Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:30 am by cse_investor1

» Sri Lanka: SEC Chairman turned Bankrupt Touchwood shareholder, Multichemi Chairman Thilak Karunaratne in a 'Scandalous Regulatory' move to appoint Wild Life Photographer Vajira Wijegunawardene as Director General of SEC
Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:28 am by Teller

» Market on a Free fall! closing ASI 6800
Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:12 am by skyfall

» Mr Thilak Never Fail
Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:03 am by Sylvester1234

» WOW Thilak going to Break new recoard
Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:01 am by Sylvester1234

» Sudda Speaks About Mahinda Rajapaksha
Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:53 am by Thushara Ayya

» JKH shareholders shows concern over execution of warrants!
Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:01 am by Quibit

» සූර්ය බලය භාවිතා කර විදුලි බිල 100% කින් අඩු කරගෙන අායෝජනයට ඉහළම ප්‍රතිලාභයක් ලබා ගනිමු
Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:40 am by rmark

» History Repeats Itself First As Tragedy Second As Farce - Karl Marx
Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:55 pm by Quibit

» DirectFN - Average Price calculation
Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:18 pm by alphamm

» Foreign Buying
Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:26 pm by nimantha80

» Dear Admin(Quibite) plz remove red colour from my Name I like dark Green(
Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:08 pm by NZ BOY

» Bourse shed 91.09 points to close ASI at 6782.43
Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:29 pm by Quibit

» Guys, how many days consecutively has the market dropped?
Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:46 pm by GroundedKestrel

» වරාය නගරය නවත්වන්නේ නෑ… ජනපති මෛත‍්‍රී චීන ජනපතිට පොරොන්දු වෙයි..
Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:17 pm by Vptilak

» Commerial credit
Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:08 pm by seem

» yes he got it cheers
Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:51 pm by fireshelter

» NO END OF OVERSOLD POINT
Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:33 pm by worthiness

» SEC Expedites Investigations Into Stock Brokers And Investors
Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:25 pm by bandulawee

» කොටස් වෙළඳ පොල නැවත වරක් කඩා වැටෙමින් පවතී- නාලක ගොඩහේවා දියව්
Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:20 pm by nalban

» Thilakayo Gedara pala
Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:53 pm by nimantha80

» Don't buy don't buy, until market turn arounds...
Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:53 pm by nimantha80

» No Worry Mr Thilak can Bring the Market Below ASI 5000
Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:28 pm by anjelo

» Sri Lankan president seeks to mend ties with China after port suspension
Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:58 am by Quibit

» SEC reopening investigations in manipulated tradings
Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:09 am by anjelo

» What is the difference between these two warrants? When will they expire?
Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:40 am by buddikasmart

» Bought SFL.P0000 hope it will move 70-80 range before Split
Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:39 am by visionstar

» Sri lanka IT literacy has increased to 25%
Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:18 am by Senior Citizen

» Reduction in foreign remittances from Lankan workers
Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:10 am by bandulawee

Poll

Online Petition - SEC Chairmanship

 
 

View results

April 2015
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Calendar Calendar

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Sri Lanka Equity Analytic
Disclaimer

The information contained in this forum have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein.

www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever.

Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

CIFL aiyo salli?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by troy on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Whats going on? The BIG seller is going on and on... how much does he left with??
Will this downfall end??

troy
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts: 489
Points: 2027
Reputation: 21
Join date: 2011-09-10
Age: 30
Location: WTC

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Slstock on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:42 pm

CIFL is oversold now . But that does not matter if someone i s keen to dispose . If this market remains like this ( no real upward activity overall) CIFL can head to Rs 2.5 and even Rs 2.

CIFL NAV was something to consider( but there are many shares at 0.5 NAV) , but that last quarter loss of over Rs 1 for a Share which was Rs 4 was far too much. Usually penny stock make losses of few cent or Rs 0.1 . Rs 1 is shocking.


I can't remember how many times from last year itself I personally told CIFL has serious issues and was not a share to hold. It is only good for trading. Only consolation is this gets easily pushed up during runs as we have seen before. But again if that does not happen soon this can drop 20-30% further.

Unless there is some serious restructuring and cash inflow, I find CIFL is a risky share to hold. More importanly if you have FDs be watchful where the company is heading in the next 2 quarters.



troy wrote:Whats going on? The BIG seller is going on and on... how much does he left with??
Will this downfall end??

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Posts: 6599
Points: 10031
Reputation: 1157
Join date: 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Chinwi on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:30 pm

An year ago , after the IPO days lot of people wearing CIFL T shirts were seen everywhere offering 24% interest for the new deposits.

Non of them knew anything about the situation faced by pre-IPO depositors .

If this company is continuing to drain its cash like this, what will happen to the money deposited by the latest set of intelligent people ?
( No point of talking about shareholders)

Chinwi
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts: 1494
Points: 3610
Reputation: 242
Join date: 2010-06-08
Location: Asia

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Arena on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:39 pm

I think Initial owners will sell sell the company to a cash rich company.

Is laugh looking for financial institution ?

Arena
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts: 642
Points: 1669
Reputation: 39
Join date: 2012-07-31
Location: Colombo

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Slstock on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:43 pm

I know they even called people continously ( a nuisance) using agents promoting the company with high interest rates.

Even my elderly mother was a target to a sweet talking girl. Thankfully I warned her much and anyway she wasn't considering anything . But these sweet talking girls must have attracted some people I guess.

CIFL is 45 year old company . Should not be at this level now. :-(



I remember Okanda finance offering 20-30% at times. When a company is offering too good to be true interest rate one needs to watch out.




Chinwi wrote:An year ago , after the IPO days lot of people wearing CIFL T shirts were seen everywhere offering 24% interest for the new deposits.

Non of them knew anything about the situation faced by pre-IPO depositors .

If this company is continuing to drain its cash like this, what will happen to the money deposited by the latest set of intelligent people ?
( No point of talking about shareholders)

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Posts: 6599
Points: 10031
Reputation: 1157
Join date: 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Janaka Gunathilake on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:57 pm

CIFL prices are going down as they are going to change management

Janaka Gunathilake
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Posts: 17
Points: 990
Reputation: 0
Join date: 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Fresher on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:29 am

What is their joint venture investment? According to the notes, that has a significant contribution (almost half) to the interest income

Fresher
Moderator

Posts: 1503
Points: 3195
Reputation: 163
Join date: 2011-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Jana1 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:28 am

Old saying, buying commodities at closing down sale is very cheaper. But people should be caution with what commodity they are buying. I guess CIFL also in its closing down sale....Smile

Jana1
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts: 704
Points: 2168
Reputation: 37
Join date: 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by rainmaker on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:58 am

npp wrote:What is their joint venture investment? According to the notes, that has a significant contribution (almost half) to the interest income

There was a real estate project in Homagama. ASPIC (major shareholder) of CIFL was advised to buy CIFL's portion out. The buyout is very expensive.

http://www.cifl.lk/product/real_estate.html

rainmaker
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts: 920
Points: 1921
Reputation: 45
Join date: 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by sanju351 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:46 pm

Jana1 wrote:Old saying, buying commodities at closing down sale is very cheaper. But people should be caution with what commodity they are buying. I guess CIFL also in its closing down sale....Smile

what ever information ma getting am sharing some times we are also been fooled by others ..everyone should do her his own home work

That is why i called all concern fellows my self - you all can call CIFL HDQ 0114419419 & 0112698888 -
But Jana should have had to clarify the forum why he has mentioned such a serious post if he was not 90% - he stated this is as company closing sale - its very serious and bad as it is totally fabricated story .

CIFL does not have such ideas at all according to their top management they are going in for a major re structuring in the coming months by April end everything will be stable they said !! .

sanju351
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts: 507
Points: 1882
Reputation: 14
Join date: 2012-04-25
Age: 43

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Slstock on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Jana1, do you have any confirmed news that CIFL is closigndown or is this your idea. If it is your idea only do not make such statements. There are people here who is burned to skin with CIFL just like PCH, TWOD, GREG.

All of these shares have one thing in common. No real consistent cash generation and due to that they are prone to speculation and stories.


Jana1 wrote:Old saying, buying commodities at closing down sale is very cheaper. But people should be caution with what commodity they are buying. I guess CIFL also in its closing down sale....Smile

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Posts: 6599
Points: 10031
Reputation: 1157
Join date: 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Jana1 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:47 pm

slstock wrote:Jana1, do you have any confirmed news that CIFL is closigndown or is this your idea. If it is your idea only do not make such statements. There are people here who is burned to skin with CIFL just like PCH, TWOD, GREG.

All of these shares have one thing in common. No real consistent cash generation and due to that they are prone to speculation and stories.


Jana1 wrote:Old saying, buying commodities at closing down sale is very cheaper. But people should be caution with what commodity they are buying. I guess CIFL also in its closing down sale....Smile
@ slstock

I didn't say that they are going to close down their business with any information, I simply mentioned people to be more cautioned who more interested in buying CIFL due to its current nature. Read my comment "I guess" means no fact but future is more questionable. Even I have no intention to say that they are going to close...Smile

I considered below basic facts,

1) Why owner is selling his company if that has future value? - I remember some guys mentioned even the broker company at which he is selling.

2)How could 1 finance company's operating profit could be lost?
I can see two proxies for CIFL, 1) the finance- still survive with government interest. 2) Vanik saga- dead.

3)If that is operating profit shows lost can they break through even if they change their strategy within short time (less than year)? Operating lost means they need more OD it will increase its finance cost finally ended up with debenture as no room for rights.No backing from any parent companies. I believe the big rumour is changing strategy-not sure.

4) As their lost is about 1.4 PER which is 20-25 % of their current asset and the possibility of lost making would be exponentially increase in next quarters for finance companies as their interest expenses increases. Investors should work out how this could be possible- As they gave high interest rate to FD during last year, the present opportunity for highest loan interest is not possible as interest rate came down. So they are making operating lost and this could possible for at-least 3 quarters as most of FD is above 1 year. With loosing market in leasing (however impact is less to CIFL) how could they break through?

@slstock based on da above facts do you think investing in this company is advisable?



Jana1
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts: 704
Points: 2168
Reputation: 37
Join date: 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Slstock on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Jana1,

I have warned the forum over many months about CIFL. Very much before this crisis. If one search the forum they will see.


I requested you to clarify as people like Sanju has directed his finger at yout comment and they are many people in the forum who has burnt over this even after so much warning. Now they must be in serious heart ache.

As CIFL is manipulated easily and has run over RS 10several times they keep their hopes up and buy this when is pushed up without even knowing what they are doing.


ACtually , until CIFL officially comes up with a plan to restructure , this shares is dangerous. As it is oversold ti can move a bit with a push. But if some big seller comes ... your guess is good as mine.

FD holders need to be very watchfull too.




Jana1 wrote:
slstock wrote:Jana1, do you have any confirmed news that CIFL is closigndown or is this your idea. If it is your idea only do not make such statements. There are people here who is burned to skin with CIFL just like PCH, TWOD, GREG.

All of these shares have one thing in common. No real consistent cash generation and due to that they are prone to speculation and stories.


Jana1 wrote:Old saying, buying commodities at closing down sale is very cheaper. But people should be caution with what commodity they are buying. I guess CIFL also in its closing down sale....Smile
@ slstock

I didn't say that they are going to close down their business with any information, I simply mentioned people to be more cautioned who more interested in buying CIFL due to its current nature. Read my comment "I guess" means no fact but future is more questionable. Even I have no intention to say that they are going to close...Smile

I considered below basic facts,

1) Why owner is selling his company if that has future value? - I remember some guys mentioned even the broker company at which he is selling.

2)How could 1 finance company's operating profit could be lost?
I can see two proxies for CIFL, 1) the finance- still survive with government interest. 2) Vanik saga- dead.

3)If that is operating profit shows lost can they break through even if they change their strategy within short time (less than year)? Operating lost means they need more OD it will increase its finance cost finally ended up with debenture as no room for rights.No backing from any parent companies. I believe the big rumour is changing strategy-not sure.

4) As their lost is about 1.4 PER which is 20-25 % of their current asset and the possibility of lost making would be exponentially increase in next quarters for finance companies as their interest expenses increases. Investors should work out how this could be possible- As they gave high interest rate to FD during last year, the present opportunity for highest loan interest is not possible as interest rate came down. So they are making operating lost and this could possible for at-least 3 quarters as most of FD is above 1 year. With loosing market in leasing (however impact is less to CIFL) how could they break through?

@slstock based on da above facts do you think investing in this company is advisable?



Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Posts: 6599
Points: 10031
Reputation: 1157
Join date: 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Jana1 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:36 pm

Sorry about that.. I can understand the pain of losing investors..

But my intention was to warn fresh investors who was about to buy at this price level.


slstock wrote:Jana1,

I have warned the forum over many months about CIFL. Very much before this crisis. If one search the forum they will see.


I requested you to clarify as people like Sanju has directed his finger at yout comment and they are many people in the forum who has burnt over this even after so much warning. Now they must be in serious heart ache.

As CIFL is manipulated easily and has run over RS 10several times they keep their hopes up and buy this when is pushed up without even knowing what they are doing.


ACtually , until CIFL officially comes up with a plan to restructure , this shares is dangerous. As it is oversold ti can move a bit with a push. But if some big seller comes ... your guess is good as mine.

FD holders need to be very watchfull too.




Jana1 wrote:
slstock wrote:Jana1, do you have any confirmed news that CIFL is closigndown or is this your idea. If it is your idea only do not make such statements. There are people here who is burned to skin with CIFL just like PCH, TWOD, GREG.

All of these shares have one thing in common. No real consistent cash generation and due to that they are prone to speculation and stories.


Jana1 wrote:Old saying, buying commodities at closing down sale is very cheaper. But people should be caution with what commodity they are buying. I guess CIFL also in its closing down sale....Smile
@ slstock

I didn't say that they are going to close down their business with any information, I simply mentioned people to be more cautioned who more interested in buying CIFL due to its current nature. Read my comment "I guess" means no fact but future is more questionable. Even I have no intention to say that they are going to close...Smile

I considered below basic facts,

1) Why owner is selling his company if that has future value? - I remember some guys mentioned even the broker company at which he is selling.

2)How could 1 finance company's operating profit could be lost?
I can see two proxies for CIFL, 1) the finance- still survive with government interest. 2) Vanik saga- dead.

3)If that is operating profit shows lost can they break through even if they change their strategy within short time (less than year)? Operating lost means they need more OD it will increase its finance cost finally ended up with debenture as no room for rights.No backing from any parent companies. I believe the big rumour is changing strategy-not sure.

4) As their lost is about 1.4 PER which is 20-25 % of their current asset and the possibility of lost making would be exponentially increase in next quarters for finance companies as their interest expenses increases. Investors should work out how this could be possible- As they gave high interest rate to FD during last year, the present opportunity for highest loan interest is not possible as interest rate came down. So they are making operating lost and this could possible for at-least 3 quarters as most of FD is above 1 year. With loosing market in leasing (however impact is less to CIFL) how could they break through?

@slstock based on da above facts do you think investing in this company is advisable?



Jana1
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts: 704
Points: 2168
Reputation: 37
Join date: 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by knockknobbler on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:20 pm

I don't think there is any point in discussing , Business Plan ,financial performance, Balance Sheet strength ,future prospects of this type of companies. No investor will touch these.
Like SEMB, BLUE, GREG-W, ...etc, these are the turf of Traders. When You are Trading , ll there are certain rules you have to observe, but the issues you all are discussing above, is immaterial for a Trader.

knockknobbler
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts: 178
Points: 955
Reputation: 12
Join date: 2013-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Slstock on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:29 pm

You think SEMB is that bad? Did you notice some improvement over the last few quarters?

Also Dr Senthil must have done some study to invest that much. Having a reputed investor in the company is something to consider. It better than not havign one.


Anyway SEMB is the only share below Rs 1 right now. It is too liquid after the warrant and right issues.





knockknobbler wrote:I don't think there is any point in discussing , Business Plan ,financial performance, Balance Sheet strength ,future prospects of this type of companies. No investor will touch these.
Like SEMB, BLUE, GREG-W, ...etc, these are the turf of Traders. When You are Trading , ll there are certain rules you have to observe, but the issues you all are discussing above, is immaterial for a Trader.

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Posts: 6599
Points: 10031
Reputation: 1157
Join date: 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Jana1 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Yes SEMB cannot be in that category. But I don't think it improved its bottom line. It was making profit 2009 there after it failed, any improvement is zigzag through out the years. For banking sector this looks over valued share.As per Dr. senthil, he even invested in TFC and Lcem. For him these investments are just peanut and he may not expect much turnaround, if it turns he will push the price and sell it, so his profit from turn around one could compensate the loosing company even it goes bankrupt. Without knowing his strategy, it would be risky to follow sum1.

slstock wrote:You think SEMB is that bad? Did you notice some improvement over the last few quarters?

Also Dr Senthil must have done some study to invest that much. Having a reputed investor in the company is something to consider. It better than not havign one.


Anyway SEMB is the only share below Rs 1 right now. It is too liquid after the warrant and right issues.





knockknobbler wrote:I don't think there is any point in discussing , Business Plan ,financial performance, Balance Sheet strength ,future prospects of this type of companies. No investor will touch these.
Like SEMB, BLUE, GREG-W, ...etc, these are the turf of Traders. When You are Trading , ll there are certain rules you have to observe, but the issues you all are discussing above, is immaterial for a Trader.

Jana1
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts: 704
Points: 2168
Reputation: 37
Join date: 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by gamaya on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:16 pm

Even bad companies can have rallies.

Sometimes we may inadvertantly contribute by condemning a share for certain parties to collect at very low levels.

gamaya
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts: 795
Points: 2405
Reputation: 38
Join date: 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Slstock on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:56 am

Less than 1 million to 62 million profit increase is something. Can they continue the trend this year is what is to be watched.

Like Gamaya said any company can have its day when it is listed at CSE. Whether to trade or invest is another decision.


Jana1 wrote:Yes SEMB cannot be in that category. But I don't think it improved its bottom line. It was making profit 2009 there after it failed, any improvement is zigzag through out the years. For banking sector this looks over valued share.As per Dr. senthil, he even invested in TFC and Lcem. For him these investments are just peanut and he may not expect much turnaround, if it turns he will push the price and sell it, so his profit from turn around one could compensate the loosing company even it goes bankrupt. Without knowing his strategy, it would be risky to follow sum1.

slstock wrote:You think SEMB is that bad? Did you notice some improvement over the last few quarters?

Also Dr Senthil must have done some study to invest that much. Having a reputed investor in the company is something to consider. It better than not havign one.


Anyway SEMB is the only share below Rs 1 right now. It is too liquid after the warrant and right issues.





knockknobbler wrote:I don't think there is any point in discussing , Business Plan ,financial performance, Balance Sheet strength ,future prospects of this type of companies. No investor will touch these.
Like SEMB, BLUE, GREG-W, ...etc, these are the turf of Traders. When You are Trading , ll there are certain rules you have to observe, but the issues you all are discussing above, is immaterial for a Trader.

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Posts: 6599
Points: 10031
Reputation: 1157
Join date: 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by knockknobbler on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:29 am

slstock wrote:You think SEMB is that bad? Did you notice some improvement over the last few quarters?
Also Dr Senthil must have done some study to invest that much. Having a reputed investor in the company is something to consider. It better than not havign one.
Anyway SEMB is the only share below Rs 1 right now. It is too liquid after the warrant and right issues.

I am not saying SEMB is "that bad ". I am looking at the broader picture.
Look at the industry and the industry segment, companies like SEMB are in.
# There are 30 odd listed companies in this financial services ( leasing, hire purchase, private loans ,dealings in property ...) . all are at cut throat competition to attract deposits as well as to grant loans/ leases.
# Since Banks, established finance companies like CFIN ,LFIN are also competing in this market segment, these companies have to offer high rates to attract deposits and they are left over with a client base at the high risk end.
# most of the companies are not having a track record or the backing of a financial heavyweight ( except few like CFIN, LFIN, VFIN , PLC ... ) and are subject to severe strains , if there is rise in interest rates .
#most pressing issue is that the company is subject t collapse overnight, if there is a "run" and subsequent collapse of any one company in the industry.

An investor who is looking for stabity, growth, and returns on a long term basis, will not enter into this type of industry, though some companies within the industry might show good results on quarterly/ annual basis, and indicate consistent improvements.

With regard to Dr Senthil 's involvement in SEMB , he must be there with a specific strategy. Rather than investing in growth prospects, they are essentially dealing in securities, and I doubt whether a retail investor can align his strategy with the strategy of that type of investor.

knockknobbler
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts: 178
Points: 955
Reputation: 12
Join date: 2013-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Slstock on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:50 am

I agree about the competetion and some of the concerns you raised. But on the other hand smaller companeis if managed well can grow faster and quicker than more established one. Reg SEMB till will only tell. Atleast is had been heading up not down the last few quarters.

I recall SEMB had some alliance with Ashok Leyland. Not sure whether it still exists. LEyland also was not doing well due to economy.

Like I mentioned else where , the decision to invest or trade is up to us. Also SEMB.X warrant conversion was at 2 times current price but few were converted. SEMB.N at Rs 1.



Your below comment 'I do not agree.

knockknobbler wrote:

An investor who is looking for stabity,
growth, and returns on a long term basis, will not enter into this type
of industry, though some companies within the industry might show good
results on quarterly/ annual basis, and indicate consistent
improvements.



Think about the companies you mentioned CFIN, LFIN, PLC. CFIN has shown consistent growth over decades not years. LFIN after a big turn around from Vanik management , it is giving a good run to CFIN.

PLC is probably the safest due to gov backing.

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Posts: 6599
Points: 10031
Reputation: 1157
Join date: 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by knockknobbler on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:23 am

slstock wrote:


Your below comment 'I do not agree.

knockknobbler wrote:


Think about the companies you mentioned CFIN, LFIN, PLC. CFIN has shown consistent growth over decades not years. LFIN after a big turn around from Vanik management , it is giving a good run to CFIN.

PLC is probably the safest due to gov backing.

I agree CFIN has shown consistent growth over decades.

This is exactly the same point, I am making. Think about the industry structure and market conditions during those decades . Finance companies had a distinct market segment for their products /services-. leasing, hire purchase , property loans ,personal loans etc, . The main point is established Banks did not intrude into this area. There were few finance companies ( less than 5 ?) and they were mindful about the risk /return ,since they have developed business practices , expertise over the years.

There was not cut throat competition .The people behind the finance companies were respected and trusted ( even -Kotalawala @TFC). When VANIK was developing liquidity problems, LFIN was not in trouble ,because the operations / management were separate. That's why VANIK was able sell LFIN at a good price, unlike the sale of it's other assets. .
CFIN had another advantage because of their regional presence ( Kandy area ).
Compare the industry structure, market conditions ,then and NOW. Can a rational fund manager conclude that companies like CFIN, LFIN, can maintain same growth rates and risk profile ? I doubt !
With regard to PLC, (I have not studied ) ,but I sense PLC is the most inefficient company in this lot, because it originated from Peoples Bank and it has grown oversize. Recently I heard a person with political connections was appointed as CEO ,paying very high salaries and perks.Probably , you know about the new Chairman and have an idea about his qualification, experience, suitability of leading a business enterprise of this nature. I hope a research / study is available, comparing staff /overhead costs to income , profits and NPL ratios.

knockknobbler
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts: 178
Points: 955
Reputation: 12
Join date: 2013-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Arena on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:33 am

knockknobbler

Very good comment. Thanks.

VFIN still maintain a 50% + growth over rev. and profit over last year as well. I dont know how they exaggerate the growth like this since we dont see any rushing advertising campaigns or branch expansion like COCR of Lfin. My point is VFIN shows the childhood of LFIN and the people who get a stake will be winners in 3 to 5 years time. That is what Divsa finance has done ( See the top 20 list of VFIN )

And if you take COCR they create new products. See their advertisement on Fixed deposits and Electronic items. This is the first time we saw some thing like this in Sri Lnaka. Any way if you are really aggressive you can beat others in any market.

For an example LFIN now having a portfolio of imported Branded luxury vehicles where they give the vehicle to the buyer with in few days but the leasing should be done through LFIN. They can deliver the vehicle faster than other reputed vehicle sales................Like wise Finance is a sector in which you can create new things to make money. having huge No. of players is not a issue in a growing country as far as the sector is well governed.

Arena
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts: 642
Points: 1669
Reputation: 39
Join date: 2012-07-31
Location: Colombo

Back to top Go down

Re: CIFL aiyo salli?

Post by Slstock on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:00 am

Both KK and Arena comments needs to be noted.

When the competition gets tougher the survival of the fittest ( most innovative and aggressive) will win.

Regading VFIN, they have opened 2 new bracnhes within the last 6 months few months. I agree VFIN is going at a very fast rate and has a lot more possibilities to expand. Still trying to figure out why DP wants LFIN and VFIN. Many products are replicating. Does he want to make VFIN grow and sell off or merge with LFIN?

COCR and VFIN seems very potential companiesfor the future. But COCR ambitions are a bit too optimistic. They said they wantto make the share R 280 or something withing 2 or 3 years! Let give a few more quarter to figure out the growth momentum of these companies.




Arena wrote:knockknobbler

Very good comment. Thanks.

VFIN still maintain a 50% + growth over rev. and profit over last year as well. I dont know how they exaggerate the growth like this since we dont see any rushing advertising campaigns or branch expansion like COCR of Lfin. My point is VFIN shows the childhood of LFIN and the people who get a stake will be winners in 3 to 5 years time. That is what Divsa finance has done ( See the top 20 list of VFIN )

And if you take COCR they create new products. See their advertisement on Fixed deposits and Electronic items. This is the first time we saw some thing like this in Sri Lnaka. Any way if you are really aggressive you can beat others in any market.

For an example LFIN now having a portfolio of imported Branded luxury vehicles where they give the vehicle to the buyer with in few days but the leasing should be done through LFIN. They can deliver the vehicle faster than other reputed vehicle sales................Like wise Finance is a sector in which you can create new things to make money. having huge No. of players is not a issue in a growing country as far as the sector is well governed.

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Posts: 6599
Points: 10031
Reputation: 1157
Join date: 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

CIFL pricees further down

Post by Janaka Gunathilake on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Cifl prices are going down.when it will be stop that down

Janaka Gunathilake
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Posts: 17
Points: 990
Reputation: 0
Join date: 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who is online?
In total there are 49 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 47 Guests

player, Quibit

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 541 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:29 am
Statistics
We have 12382 registered users
The newest registered user is gamini.denawaka

Our users have posted a total of 252711 messages in 38524 subjects