Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka News
Forum Disclaimer

The information contained in this forum have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein.

www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever.

Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market & Forum Help » Software experts may help

Software experts may help

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Software experts may help on Sat May 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Leon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Hi Guys

This is quite personal but expect your helping hand.
I got a new Lap and tried to down load DFN to it which I received through E mail. While doing that It requested .NET framework in my Lap and I proceeded with that. But today I got a message that they have identified my windows as "not genuine".It is a copy indeed.I think while I down load .NET through net They have got me.

So what should I do now?? How can I download DFN through my E mail link??? Can I ask my brokering firm, DFN in a CD???

Thanks .....

2 Re: Software experts may help on Sat May 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Am not sure about it, just give a try to download through the brokers website. Like Asha or any others u gave the DFN Facility

3 Re: Software experts may help on Sun May 19, 2013 7:34 am

Kithsiri

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
I think you cannot install the software sent by the broker in two different places.
I had a similar experience too.
But how to overcome this I am unaware, nor the Broker's IT guys.
Hope someone here with IT expertise would chip in soon.
Good luck. Very Happy

4 Re: Software experts may help on Sun May 19, 2013 8:10 am

nihal123

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
pls go ask computer tec , they can do this,
my com show that window when i intall a software
then com tec do some thing to my windows XP sp2
then it is genuine.

5 Re: Software experts may help on Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

smallville

To be honest, most of SL copies are not genuine unless otherwise u bought it with the Laptop (some laps coming with the genuine product).

Now ur primary concern is how to make ur windows genuine again and then install DFN rite?

As nihal pointed out, if you take ur lap to a computer shop, they'd probably help u out with the windows thing, its not a big deal. Installing DFN part, u can do it without a worry.

PM me if everything else fails..

6 Re: Software experts may help on Sun May 19, 2013 9:17 am

Kithsiri

I was trying to unzip and install it in two different locations (on My Lap & Desk tops) but it can only be installed in one location.
By the way, what I here are not pirated but genuine and registered products.
That is my story and my dillema. Very Happy

Last edited by Kithsiri on Sun May 19, 2013 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors.)

7 Re: Software experts may help on Sun May 19, 2013 9:32 am

Slstock

Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
You should be able to install DFN in 2 machines but can log only into 1 CDS account at a time.

I don;t know whether you broker DFN version has some restrictions. But mine doesn't .

There wa talk about another DFN version coming out soon.

Kithsiri wrote:I was trying to unzip and install it in two different locations (on My Lap & Desk tops) but it can only be installed in one location.

8 Re: Software experts may help on Sun May 19, 2013 11:29 am

LoveMoney

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Leon, which windows version do you have in this affected machine ? (Xp, windows 7 or windows 8 ??).

Or else PM me, I can help with this

9 Re: Software experts may help on Sun May 19, 2013 5:49 pm

smallville

Kithsiri wrote:I was trying to unzip and install it in two different locations (on My Lap & Desk tops) but it can only be installed in one location.

Try in stalling to C:\ directly without C:\program files.

However, u can install DFN to 2 direct machines without any issues. Even the latest version supports Windows 8 (they say). So I dont see why u cannot... scratch
Only think u cannot open it up ion 2 places at once Wink

Try sending us the error msgs in that case..

10 Re: Software experts may help on Sun May 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Leon

A big thank goes all guys who stepped up to help me.Actually I Could install DFN to my new Lap. Due to that .NET thing, they detected my copy blocked me from logging to Internet.( I used windows 7.)
Anyway I asked my computer guy to install Home premium genuine copy. Hope that would keep me away from troubles.
Again, thank you very much for your time.....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum