Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post

Latest topics

» Singapore rejects Sri Lankan leader’s allegation on trading scam suspect
by Miss-Sangeetha Today at 8:13 pm

» UBC - Stake up by big invester
by Trader321 Today at 5:29 pm

» UBC TO HIT 24 ??
by Trader321 Today at 5:18 pm

» AEL.N0000 is the Next AAIC.N0000 -
by Trader321 Today at 12:37 pm

» presidential election very soon ?
by Trader321 Today at 12:36 pm

» World Bank approves USD70Mn to Sri Lanka
by Sstar Today at 11:13 am

» MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED
by Sstar Today at 11:09 am

» INSURANCE companies finally falling!
by Sstar Today at 11:04 am

» Sri Lanka shares end little changed; rupee rises
by Miss-Sangeetha Yesterday at 6:30 pm

» Daily Stock Market Update
by Insights Equity Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» Diversification of Sri Lankan economy, must to garner more economic benefits
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» ALHP Right issue......!!!!1
by Miss-Sangeetha Yesterday at 11:47 am

» UBC.N0000- Donnt miss this
by Trader321 Yesterday at 10:13 am

» Sri lanka tourism income reached 4.4 billion USD 2019
by ranferdi Yesterday at 8:48 am

» BFN - DEAL OVER - TO BE DE LISTED SOON AFTER THE PRIVATE PLACEMENT ඩීල් එක ඉවරයි @ 19-59 - කොටස් වෙළදපලෙනුත් ඉවත් කරගන්නා බවට ආරන්චි
by sanjulanka Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:03 am

» While waiting for the market to rebound, look for bargains if you can afford the risk. Try to be active at the right time to gain something
by Asoka Samarakone Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:18 pm

» ඉතා ඉක්මනින් සේවක අර්තසාදක අරමුදල නැවත කොටස් වෙළදපල ට
by mahasona2 Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:43 am

» Central Bank targeting early return of EPF to stock market
by mahasona2 Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:24 am

» Lofc delisting??
by Bdcdman Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:16 pm

» Weekly Stock Market Roundup
by Insights Equity Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:37 am

» Today is UBC.N0000 day.
by Trader321 Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 am

» HVA WILL THEY RECTIFY THE REGULATORS QUARIES BEFORE DEAD LINE?
by Bdcdman Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:11 am

» ALHP WILL MOVE UP from next MONDAY
by Miss-Sangeetha Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:52 am

» GOLDEN ERA
by ranferdi Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:45 am

» ALHP WILL MOVE UP SOON
by mahasona2 Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:05 pm

» CASH RICH REXP
by Yahapalanaya Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:09 pm

» ලාංකීය හෙදියකට ලක්ශ 9 ක් ගෙවන ඇමෙරිකාව
by Uaecoindubai Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:48 pm

» BALA.N potential
by NP Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:30 pm

» EAST INTERESTING DAYS AHEAD 25+
by karuna2 Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:43 am

» රජයේ පඩි දෙගුණයක් වුන හැටි
by Uaecoindubai Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:31 am

» UBC.N0000 Vs AEL.N0000 - What will be the best
by Trader321 Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:15 am

» EFP TO start again invest in Stocks
by mahasona2 Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:10 am

» Second reading of budget passed by 119 Votes - Shows this Government is Confident
by Maharaja Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:27 pm

» UBC - What is going on
by mahasona2 Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:51 pm

» Fall of stocks - Big Players are behindThis is the time to buy and collect stocks
by mahasona2 Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:49 pm

» Government salary hike almost double..
by Uaecoindubai Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:32 pm

» COLOMBO STOCKS 5 1/2 LOW
by soileconomy Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:19 pm

» UBC.N0000 ? Expert ideas please ?
by Trader321 Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:31 pm

» UBC.N000- keep eye, something is happening
by Trader321 Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:22 pm

» How about EAST @ 10/= end of march
by karuna2 Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:21 pm

» CHOU.N0000
by Shiranleet Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:16 am

» Why Access might be over Rs. 2000/ per share valued along with Banks by 2049, due to New Budget Proposals on Joint Venture Construction projects
by Chanaka303 Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:58 am

» HPWR-Unnoticed Gem?
by Chanaka303 Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:57 am

» What is going on with TFC.N0000
by Gihan04 Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:45 am

» DIST.N0000
by Bdcdman Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:13 am

» Sri Lanka largest Foreign Direct Investments realizer and Deal Maker: Union Bank connected Alex Lovell might own and control over US $ 40 billion worth properties by 2025 in Sri Lanka, around over 30% of Sri Lanka's GDP of US $ 120 billion
by JosephMark Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:40 am

» Hpfl and rhtl
by Yahapalanaya Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:58 pm

» Exit out from EAST, Valuations are low. Dont wait till the month end.
by charithaa Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:33 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Expert Chamber » Health Check For Your Holdings

Health Check For Your Holdings

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Health Check For Your Holdings on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:00 pm

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
This is a simple tool to check the fundamental value of your counters.
This will fetch data from Financial Times(need internet access) and
rank the counters based on several parameters and CSE norms.

Download the tool here:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/utfewtjjpv608j2/HealthCheck_3_0_0.xlsm
1. Select the counter in C2 (Yellow cell)
2. Click on "Fetch Financials"



Originally this was developed to keep me away from troubles.
Although I'm still testing the ranking parameters,
easy access to important data will be helpful to many.
#I usually pick counters which score over 60 and avoid which are bellow 40.
This may not work on some counters.
Let me know if you have difficulties getting it to work.

Cheers..

2 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Thanks.
Let me know how to fetch the financials ?

3 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Your spreadsheet gives a ranking of 36 for JKH, it may be that your ranking parameters are giving undue weightage to dividend yield. It may be better to give the user the option to change the ranking parameters.

4 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:33 pm

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
>Kithsiri, Just click on "Fetch Financials" button.

>Jiggysaurus,
Yes, that is due to poor dividend yield, growth rate and ROE.
I use this to find absolute safe counters.
JKH rated below 40 does not mean it is a bad investment.
(But that tiny margins and returns are a concern to me)

5 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:04 pm

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Thanks Dileepa. I found this very much useful. Thank you.

I have few questions tough.

ex:
when i tired to analyze KAHA, it gave me rank 0. EPS /Book value and figures are wrong.

As Jiggysaurus suggested, can you please release another version where we can input some values and thresholds?



Appreciate your effort and please keep it up. Smile

6 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:42 pm

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Thank you for pointing out,
As you said Book value per share, Current ratio, Quick ratio, etc are wrong
It seems like FT data order is different for non dividend paying counters.
Will correct that next time.

Any way EPS(-0.5106 LKR ) is correct as per FT.
What is the EPS as per financial reports?
If this is wrong, need to write to FT scratch 

@kalum wrote:
when i tired to analyze KAHA, it gave me rank 0. EPS /Book value and figures are wrong.

As Jiggysaurus suggested, can you please release another version where we can input some values and thresholds?

7 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:10 pm

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Thanks Dileepa.
As per the last quarter report the month ended 30th sep. KAHA
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/710_1384429899438.pdf

EPS is 0.22

09 months ended - 0.24

I''m not sure if this report considering annualized value?

Sorry i didn't get what is mean by TTM.

BTW, this sort of tools that we needed. I wish you could improve this and share with us soon. This will be very much beneficial for us.Keep it up.

8 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:30 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
Thanks Dileepa, but unable to down load. I get "author version" without some cells shown in the post.

9 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:31 pm

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Dileepa.
It seems that the application is not workable in Windows 8 operating system. Please advise.

10 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:12 am

prasadrmb

prasadrmb
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Thanks Deleep, Valuable one.

11 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:40 am

micomgi


Stock Trader
Thank you very much Deleep. Could you please provide the password for source code, I like to change little.

12 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:01 pm

maurya


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
it does not working in my lap?? any specific system requirements??

13 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:43 am

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@kalum wrote:Thanks Dileepa.
As per the last quarter report the month ended 30th sep. KAHA
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/710_1384429899438.pdf

EPS is 0.22

09 months ended - 0.24

I''m not sure if this report considering annualized value?

Sorry i didn't get what is mean by TTM.

BTW, this sort of tools that we needed. I wish you could improve this and share with us soon. This will be very much beneficial for us.Keep it up.
TTM means Trailing Twelve Months.
Will do the necessary update asap.
Regards

14 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:53 am

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Those who had problems,

There are some data connection problems.
Will sort that out asap and post here a new update.

Cheers..

15 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:11 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@Dileepa wrote:>Kithsiri, Just click on "Fetch Financials" button.

>Jiggysaurus,
Yes, that is due to poor dividend yield, growth rate and ROE.
I use this to find absolute safe counters.
JKH rated below 40 does not mean it is a bad investment.
(But that tiny margins and returns are a concern to me)
Jiggy,

With JKH we always will have to make judgement calls. Automated tools and even sometimes ctock charts cannot be taken as guidence too..

Deleepa,

Your tremendous efforts in developing these kinda timely inventions need applause.. Thanks for the valueable tool. I found few issues with some counters, as Kalum pointed out KAHA was one and few others also missing data. At the time of writing I did not have time to analyse and tell u all this, but its good to have a look.

Also, counters like JKH - Can you modify it to add a % or a value for 'future prospects' so that we can give a certain amount of value that we think appropriate for its press releases. Like JKH casino project, how it will add revenue to them and the impact it can have for their hotels.
This is kind of a 'mind value' but I donno whether this is possible. Cool 

16 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Dileepa wrote:Those who had problems,
There are some data connection problems.
Will sort that out asap and post here a new update.
Cheers..
Fixed the above issue.
Now this should work with any counter, hopefully with accurate data.
Download the new version here ↓
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nvv3l9au7w2ri3m/

1. If you can't download, Try Firefox or Chrome browser.
2. This is a macro enabled work book. Once you download check the extension.
   It should be ".xlsm"
3. Don't use "Open with" option, Download first and then double click to open.
4. You should enable macros from Trust Center settings for it to work.
Image hosted by servimg.com

5. This need data connectivity to work. Enable data connections from Trust Center
Image hosted by servimg.com

Let me know if receive any error messages or inaccurate data.

17 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@smallville wrote:

Your tremendous efforts in developing these kinda timely inventions need applause.. Thanks for the valueable tool. I found few issues with some counters, as Kalum pointed out KAHA was one and few others also missing data. At the time of writing I did not have time to analyse and tell u all this, but its good to have a look.

Also, counters like JKH - Can you modify it to add a % or a value for 'future prospects' so that we can give a certain amount of value that we think appropriate for its press releases. Like JKH casino project, how it will add revenue to them and the impact it can have for their hotels.
This is kind of a 'mind value' but I donno whether this is possible. Cool 
small,

Thanks for the feed back. I think data issue is almost fixed now.
Will think about the future prospects issue.
Currently I'm thinking about a statistical method analyses the entire market at once.

Cheers..

18 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:25 pm

cseguide

cseguide
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Dileepa wrote:
@smallville wrote:

Your tremendous efforts in developing these kinda timely inventions need applause.. Thanks for the valueable tool. I found few issues with some counters, as Kalum pointed out KAHA was one and few others also missing data. At the time of writing I did not have time to analyse and tell u all this, but its good to have a look.

Also, counters like JKH - Can you modify it to add a % or a value for 'future prospects' so that we can give a certain amount of value that we think appropriate for its press releases. Like JKH casino project, how it will add revenue to them and the impact it can have for their hotels.
This is kind of a 'mind value' but I donno whether this is possible. Cool 
small,

Thanks for the feed back. I think data issue is almost fixed now.
Will think about the future prospects issue.
Currently I'm thinking about a statistical method analyses the entire market at once.

Cheers..
Thanks Dileepa and keep it up and best wishes for developing a statistical method analyses that you hope to do.

19 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:41 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@Dileepa wrote:

Currently I'm thinking about a statistical method analyses the entire market at once.

Cheers..
Fantastic news mate.. Keep it up Wink

20 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:51 pm

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Thanks Dileepa. I will download this now and come back to you with feedback. As small has mentioned this type of commitment need to be appreciate and it is very much valuable for us. I wish you happy trade. keep it up. Smile

21 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:54 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin
Great.Thanks Dileepa, really valuable. Appreciate your commitment and effort.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

22 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Backstage

Backstage
Moderator
Thanks Dileepa, you, Hunter and Kalum are adding some much needed freshness to the forum. Much appreciated.

23 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:19 am

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Thanks Dileepa,

This is a brief input of my findings.

I have gone though shares randomly and some of them reflect wrong values.
ex: LMF,KAHA

How ever some shares work perfect.
(based on 2013 audited annual report), Im not sure how to calculate TTM values, but they seems ok when consider the past figures of financial reports.
ex: ALLI,ASIR, etc:

As i have mentioned, it is awesome effort, and i highly appreciate your effort. please keep it up!



24 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:29 am

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Backstage wrote:Thanks Dileepa, you, Hunter and Kalum are adding some much needed freshness to the forum. Much appreciated.
Thanks Backstage. It's a pleasure if i could help someway to this forum.
But i honestly think my contribution to the forum is less significant compared to the effort of this forums admins and moderators and senior members. Smile

25 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:32 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
Fantastic Dileepa!!!
No more research, no more reading of lengthy financial reports spending valuable hours. ?Will it make us lazy couch potetos. Any way, you are an asset to the forum. Continue the Good work bro. I know you can do much more and we support your yomen service.cheers

26 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:46 pm

chap


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

27 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:59 pm

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@chap wrote:
@Dileepa wrote:
Download the new version here ↓
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nvv3l9au7w2ri3m/

4. You should enable macros from Trust Center settings for it to work.

28 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@K.Haputantri wrote:Fantastic Dileepa!!!
No more research, no more reading of lengthy financial reports spending valuable hours. ?
That is exactly what I wanted to do study 
It is very difficult to find valuable counters in CSE.
There is no stock screener in CSE.
A proper screener should be able to filter out any of the following combinations.
Image hosted by servimg.com

Hoping to release a full screener for CSE soon.
There are couple of issues to be sorted out first.

Cheers...

29 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:48 pm

nihal123

nihal123
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Thanks Dileepa.
It is very  useful.
bounce  bounce  bounce

30 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:04 pm

chap


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@Dileepa wrote:
@chap wrote:
@Dileepa wrote:
Download the new version here ↓
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nvv3l9au7w2ri3m/

4. You should enable macros from Trust Center settings for it to work.
Now Working..TFS.Very Happy 

31 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:32 am

gamakak


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
thank you

32 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:04 pm

Mahawawtta


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
still i cant use this remarkable:cry:  system.

33 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:24 am

nihal123

nihal123
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Dileepa
In the counter cell has CIC N. where is CIC X ?
Question 

34 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Dileepa


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
>Mahawawtta
If you could be bit more specific, may be somebody will be able to help you.

>nihal123
Thank you for asking the question. I haven't really thought about it.
Just check the data base. I thought X, R and W are not available.
But that data is actually there.
Will make the necessary modification and post here later.
That will take some time though.
#Bit busy with share screener and some other business plans Smile

35 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:14 pm

nihal123

nihal123
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Thanks Dileepa.
Very Happy 

36 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:42 pm

seek


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Thanx Dileepa. Waiting for ur Screener as well.

37 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:33 pm

nihal123

nihal123
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Dear Dileepa
This 52 week low shares on 02/12/ 2013 as your tool

AHUN       63.10 - -    60 %
ASHO    1301.00 - -    68%
BUKI       625.00 - -     56%
CIC N       48.00 - -      9%
CIC X       32.00 - -      0%
GLAS         4.30 - -    85%
KOTA       36.00 - -     37%
LECM         6.40 - -     0%
MPRH       18.00 - -     55%
PMB         10.90 - -    0%
RAL           3.60 - -     34%
SLND    1100.00 - -    17%
SPRN      106.00 - -      50%
TSML       35.00 - -     26%

38 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:02 am

PROPRITER

PROPRITER
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
I checked with JINS, Dividends data is wrong. it shuold be Rs.1 right?

39 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:23 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@Mahawawtta wrote:still i cant use this remarkable:cry:  system.

This is working for most of us. If u can elaborate your problem in detail, perhaps with some screen shots, we can help you out..

40 Re: Health Check For Your Holdings on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:32 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
@smallville wrote:
@Mahawawtta wrote:still i cant use this remarkable:cry:  system.

This is working for most of us. If u can elaborate your problem in detail, perhaps with some screen shots, we can help you out..
It works for me. As small said explain your issue in details. There will be some one to help.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum