Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය

Latest topics

» coco.x share
by lakmal87 Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:45 pm

» නොමිළේම ඩොලර් (free $ 5 ) tokens
by cseguide Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:58 pm

» For Miss Sangeetha
by Neluka Karannagoda Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:59 pm

» S&P upgrades DFCC Bank’s rating outlook from Negative to Stable
by TraderCSE Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:23 am

» CFVF will HIT. 40 BY Next. Thursday
by Yahapalanaya Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:50 pm

» Moody’s affirms ratings of three Sri Lankan banks; maintains negative outlook
by Miss-Sangeetha Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:39 pm

» Tea prices up and up.Plantation shares down and down!
by fortuneteller Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:04 pm

» best stocks to buy now
by Ryan Hudson Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:23 pm

» Current situation of the Adam group of companies
by anges Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:36 pm

» Avoid investing in Abans Group company shares
by fortuneteller Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 am

» People's Leasing Company
by prasa2004 Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:51 pm

» SDB - AN IMPRESSIVE PERFORMANCE
by prasa2004 Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm

» Beware of banking stocks
by prasa2004 Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:40 pm

» CEYLON COLD STORES PLC(CCS.N0000)
by Agape Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:49 pm

» Lanka Cement
by sureshot Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:09 am

» Roshan Egodage's Money Grabbing
by Investor1994 Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:10 pm

» CIFL ANY NEWS
by Gambino7 Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:13 pm

» CFT share එක මොනව හරි දෙයක් වෙනව වාගෙ.
by sameboy Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:43 pm

» BFN .. ORIENT FINANCE PLC
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:52 pm

» Sri Lanka Exports up 12.9-pct in Sept
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:38 am

» DECEMBER DISCOUNT
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:30 am

» LLMP - New Strategic Marketing >>> Boooom
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:27 am

» Why LLUB.N0000 going down ?
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:20 am

» LDEV rights
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:16 am

» SAMP Rights Issue
by niru Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:04 pm

HashFlare

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Political and Socio-Economic Analysis » Presidential Election 2015

Presidential Election 2015

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

WHO IS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF SRI LANKA?

33% 33% [ 1269 ]
66% 66% [ 2564 ]
1% 1% [ 64 ]
Total Votes : 3897

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Presidential Election 2015 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:54 am

Sstar

Vice President - Equity Analytics
First topic message reminder :

Mahinda Rajapakse

Percy Mahendra "Mahinda" Rajapaksa (Sinhala: මහින්ද රාජපක්ෂ, pronounced [maˈhində ˈraːɟəˌpakʂə], Tamil: மகிந்த ராசபக்ச; born 18 November 1945) is the 6th President of Sri Lanka and Commander in Chief of the Sri Lankan Armed Forces. A lawyer by profession, Rajapaksa was first elected to the Parliament of Sri Lanka in 1970, and served as Prime Minister from 6 April 2004 until his victory in the 2005 Presidential election. He was sworn in for a six-year term as president on 19 November 2005. He was re-elected for a second term in office on 27 January 2010.

Mahinda Rajapaksa was born in Weeraketiya in the southern rural district of Hambantota. He hails from a well known political family in Sri Lanka. His father, D. A. Rajapaksa, was a prominent politician, independence agitator, Member of Parliament and Cabinet Minister of Agriculture and Land in Wijeyananda Dahanayake's government. D.M. Rajapaksa, his uncle, was a State Councillor for Hambantota in the 1930s who started wearing the earthy brown shawl to represent kurakkan (finger millet) cultivated by the people of his area, whose cause he championed throughout his life. It is from his example that Rajapaksa wears his characteristic shawl.

Rajapaksa was taught at Richmond College in Galle, before moving to Nalanda College Colombo and later Thurstan College, Colombo. He also had a few cameo roles as a movie actor in Sinhalese movies and worked as a library assistant at Vidyodaya University.

Following the death of his father in 1967, Rajapaksa took over as the SLFP candidate for Beliatta constituency and was elected to Parliament in 1970 as the youngest Member of Parliament at just 24. Later he studied law at the Sri Lanka Law College and took oaths as an attorney-at-law in November 1977. Throughout his parliamentary career, except for the period from 1994–2001 when he was a minister, he continued his law practice in Tangalle.

Maithripala Sirisena

Pallewatte Gamaralalage Maithripala Yapa Sirisena (born 3 September 1951) (known as Maithripala Sirisena) Sinhala: මෛත්‍රිපාල සිරිසේන is a Sri Lankan politician and a member of the Parliament of Sri Lanka. He joined mainstream politics in 1989 and has held several ministries since 1994. He is the General Secretary of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party and was Minister for Health until 2014. He escaped an assassination attempt carried out by a suicide cadre of the LTTE in 2008.

On 21 November 2014, Sirisena announced his candidacy for the 2015 presidential election as the opposition coalition's 'Common Candidate'.

Sirisena was born on 3 September 1951 in Gampaha. Later, his family moved to Hingurakgoda in Polonnaruwa as part of the 'Govi Janapada' (farmers' community) movement initiated by Prime Minister D. S. Senanayake. He was educated at Royal College, Polonnaruwa. He went on to read agriculture at the School of Agriculture in Kundasale, and worked as a Grama Sevaka (village officer) for a period. Sirisena was jailed after the 1971 JVP Insurrection, although his involvement in it was never clearly established.

Sirisena joined the Sri Lanka Freedom Party 1979 as the secretary of its district organization. He became the president of the All Island Sri Lanka Freedom Party Youth Organization.

In 1989, Sirisena contested for the general elections from the Polonnaruwa District and became a MP. At the 1994 general elections he obtained the highest number of preferential votes (62,925), and was made the Deputy Minister for Irrigation and Mahaweli River Development.

Sirisena was elected to be the Secretary General of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party. In 1994, he was appointed the Minister for River Basin Development and Rajarata Development, a newly created Ministry. He then served as the Cabinet Minister for Agricultural Development and Agrarian Services Development in the current Sri Lankan government, and subsequently held the Health portfolio until November 2014..

Assassination attempt
On 9 October 2008 an attack was carried out by unidentified gunman targeting Sirisena at Katuwawala, Piliyandala. The attack was carried out when his motorcade was en route to the capital, but ultimately missed the ministerial vehicle. Although Sirisena escaped unhurt 7 others were injured and 1 killed.

2015 Presidential Election
Following weeks of speculation in the press, Sirisena defected to the UNP-led opposition coalition on the 21st November 2014 along with half a dozen SLFP MPs, and was declared the common opposition candidate for the 2015 presidential election. Subsequent to this announcement, Sirisena's cabinet portfolio and party membership were revoked.

Courtesy - Wikipedia

Last edited by Sstar on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:54 pm; edited 3 times in total

26 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:03 am

Dhehan

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@SHARK aka TAH wrote:I am voting for MS because he wants srilanka

For
Good Governance
Independant State Service election Police
better election System
Corrupt less
President answerable to Parliament

what does MR promise ....... nothing of substance

He only promises
Highways
More corruption
Some promises we know are empty

All the development work MR done is for the benefit of MR family & his goons and not for the benefit of SL people. MR uses his Executive power in favor of his family and his goons. So people will vote for MY3 for MY3 SL

27 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:11 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Some SLFP second level leaders in try send their most senior politicians from SLFP and spread rumors purpsely

Good example is SLFP second level people in Gall try send senior

minister from the party

Are these second level people Real supporters of HE Mahida

If they are real supporters of MR they should try to keep Senior

Minister instead of speeding rumors

Basil R and others should understand this

28 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:20 pm

Jiggysaurus

@SHARK aka TAH wrote:I am voting for MS because he wants srilanka

For
Good Governance
Independant State Service election Police
better election System
Corrupt less
President answerable to Parliament

what does MR promise ....... nothing of substance

He only promises
Highways
More corruption
Some promises we know are empty

Ayyo shark, Dubai malunta lankawe vote nane, you will have to fly down and vote before 8am on voting day otherwise shark vote will be gilmarted.

29 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:24 pm

SHARK aka TAH

Expert
Expert
I will come and Vote Very Happy And My Vote for MY3

30 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:27 pm

SHARK aka TAH

Expert
Expert
MR and Corrupt Ministers on LTTE Band wagon ......

I feel LTTE & MR trying to Gilmart the Country.
A Good example was Al Jazeera Interview with GTF Spokesperson.
There he says If MR looses he will be taken to Hague ......

KP and this GTF are together cooking this soup, so they can take the LTTE hidden wealth and distribute amongst Patriotic Members of the King Family, by electing MR again.

This will be the biggest tragedy committed by Srilankan Citizen to elect MR again.

MR will fleece the Public with Heavy Tax and Give sochcham back again. cheers

Last edited by SHARK aka TAH on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

31 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:29 pm

SHARK aka TAH

Expert
Expert
IF MY3 wins, the EU band will be reimposed with the help of Good and abled Diplomats of Srilanka. Not this Toyya fellas currently at the helm of Foreign Ministry

32 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:43 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

Malinda has made foolish statement recently

He Has files about ministers and take action

That means  Ministers can do any corrupt activities as long as  they are with him

HE MR should not make this type of statement again

Last edited by D.G.Dayaratne on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

33 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:14 pm

tryinghard

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Think. B4 MS cross over imagine UNP 42% votes. JVP 2%. And MR 54% and others 2%. If Ms gets 15 % of MR (SLFP) votes and 95 % of UNP votes. Then ( 42% * 95% + 54 % * 15%)= 48% Add 4 % JVP and Helauruma to this. So expecting a balanced competition.

34 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:37 am

Sstar

Trend is Changing. Mahinda is gathering Momentum. Mahinda up from 22% to 30% in 2 Weeks. My belief is Mahinda will prevail!

35 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:54 am

Dhehan

In politics we could not stop corruption fully yet the people are of the view that we should minimize this. So the best option available to achieve this is MY3.

Still few bunch of forum members are promoting MR but there is a big crowd outside of the stock market and they are the people who will decide. Not the stock market investors.

So if there is a free and fair election then MY3 will win and if not MR will win

36 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:04 am

RPPA

Expert
Expert
@Dhehan wrote:In politics we could not stop corruption fully yet the people are of the view that we should minimize this. So the best option available to achieve this is MY3.

Still few bunch of forum members are promoting MR but there is a big crowd outside of the stock market and they are the people who will decide. Not the stock market investors.

So if there is a free and fair election then MY3 will win and if not MR will win

Dhehan

What i feel is rather than talking much of this matter,  go & vote for your prefered candidate At the election date. As the outcome is all that matters. 

Unnecessary counter arguments does not make scence.As i don't think we can change the final outcome by doing that.

Very simple. Read my tag line below i really mean it & i really believe in it. People make things very complicated by themselves. Shocked

37 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:44 pm

IO3+O

38 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:10 pm

MasterBlaster

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Maithripala Sirisena WILL be the NEXT PRESIDENT OF SRI LANKA !!!

01-12-2014 MARKET Up, Just after MOU sign by the Maithripala & PODU PAKSHA !!!

JAYA WEYWA Maithripala Sirisena !!!

39 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:31 pm

IO3+O

@MasterBlaster wrote:Maithripala Sirisena WILL be the NEXT PRESIDENT OF SRI LANKA !!!

01-12-2014 MARKET Up, Just after MOU sign by the Maithripala & PODU PAKSHA !!!

JAYA WEYWA Maithripala Sirisena !!!
එහෙම වුනොත් නම් හොඳයි. හැබැයි වැරදිලාවත් එහෙම නොවුනොත් මොකැයි අපි කරන්නෙ? ගිරුවාපත්තුවෙ මරා එක්කයි සිරා හැප්පෙන්නෙ! මෙදා සැරේ නම් සෙල්ලං නෑ. Shocked

40 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:06 am

CARACALLA

Manager - Equity Analytics
@Sstar wrote:Trend is Changing. Mahinda is gathering Momentum. Mahinda up from 22% to 30% in 2 Weeks. My belief is Mahinda will prevail!

correct,

41 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:40 am

Dhehan

MR still in doubt and market is change bcourse of MY3 MOU

42 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:10 am

IO3+O

43 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:25 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

Thre was

44 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:47 am

Dhehan

Beliatha is very close-by to MR these days

45 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:36 am

Ernie Tissera

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
MOkatai mokatai mechchara naya araganne
rata dunu karannai me naya ganne
kohomada kohomada me naya geva danne
mama nam naha me naya geva danne. Umbala tamai me naya geva danne.

46 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:35 pm

worthiness

Story of files & its detention for swift retaliation, if crossovers happen, has resulted deviation of some votes from MR to MS.

47 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:05 pm

IO3+O

48 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:28 am

Gintonic

@Ernie Tissera wrote:MOkatai mokatai mechchara naya araganne
rata dunu karannai me naya ganne
kohomada kohomada me naya geva danne
mama nam naha me naya geva danne. Umbala tamai me naya geva danne.
කාටද කාටද මේව කියන්නේ
මැටි මෝලුන් නෑ තේරුම් ගන්නේ
සුපිරි දන්සැලෙන් කාලා යන්නේ
දෑස වසාගෙන කතිරෙ ගහන්නේ Evil or Very Mad

49 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:02 pm

Market R

Dansalen kala, dena deth aragena, MR ta denawa wage gihin MS ta kathire gahannai thiyenne. MR ahuwoth mata gahuwane kiyala kiyanna thiyenne owwww wena katada gahanne kiyala.

mata aranchiyak awa kolonnawe samurdi labeen kattiyatama meating ekak thiyala thinawa lagadi. Eke kiyala thiyenne chanda rasweem 3 kata awoth rise cooker ekak hari iron ekak hari denawa kiyala. Rasweem walata transport,meal FOC. Mehemai chandeta kattiya addaganne. Kata kiyannada Razz

50 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:22 pm

IO3+O

@Market R wrote:Dansalen kala, dena deth aragena, MR ta denawa wage gihin MS ta kathire gahannai thiyenne. MR ahuwoth mata gahuwane kiyala kiyanna thiyenne owwww wena katada gahanne kiyala.

mata aranchiyak awa kolonnawe samurdi labeen kattiyatama meating ekak thiyala thinawa lagadi. Eke kiyala thiyenne chanda rasweem 3 kata awoth rise cooker ekak hari iron ekak hari denawa kiyala. Rasweem walata transport,meal FOC. Mehemai chandeta kattiya addaganne. Kata kiyannada Razz
කවුරු මොනව කිව්වත් ජනතාව බුද්ධිමත් කියලයි ආණ්ඩුවෙ කඩේ බෝයිල සෙට් එක නම් කියන්නෙ. ජනතාව මෙදා සැරෙත් වෙනදා වගේම බුද්ධිමත් තීරණයක් ගනීවි වගෙයි පේන්නෙ එයාටම දීල. අන්තිමේදී මරාලයක්ම තමයි දීපු එවුන්ට වෙන්නෙ. දීපු එවුන්ටම තමයි කොහොමත් හහේ හත වදින්නෙත්. අයියෝ ඡන්දෙ... Laughing

51 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:10 pm

Market R

Ow, aduma tharame maseta 25000k ganna kenek unath hodin jeewath wenna puluwan (paulak newei ekkenek). Thun welama kala hodata jeewath wei. Eath paule ekkenek wada karanawa salary 20000k gannawa ea wage kenekta jeewath wenawa kiyanne bohoma amarui. Dan chande kale salli deela, badu deela, rasweem walata ekkagena gihilla kanna deela bonna deela anthimata chandeth gannawa. Chanda prathipala awata passe kannath na, badu labenneth na ayeth parana widiyamai. Ai megollanta meka therennatte. Ekai therum ganna one. Therum karala denna one. Therum karala deelath therennattam wadak naha.

52 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:27 pm

IO3+O

ඡන්දෙට පස්සෙ ඉතින් 'අලේ අල්ලල් ලෑ, බොල්ලල් ලෑ' කිය කිය ඉඳීවි මොනව කරන්නද බුද්ධිමත් ජනතාවනෙ. දේශපාලුවො විඳින රජ සැප දැකල සතුටු සිතින් ඉන්න පුළුවන්නෙ. අපිට නැතත් උන්නාන්සෙල සැප විඳිනවනේ අපි ගහපු පැන්සල් කතිරෙ පිහිටෙන් දෙයියනේ කියල. ඒ ටිකම මදැයි අපිට ලබන ආත්මෙ හරි සැප විඳින්න කියල හිතනව ඇති, ජනතාව බුද්ධිමත්නෙ. Laughing

53 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:30 pm

Market R

Just look at middle east and western countries. How much is the salary of a cleaner. Minimum they will get above Rs 60000. See how much Sri Lankans get. Maximum Rs 20000.

This must be change. Need to develop the country not like what is doing now. How much of them are benifit because of Mattala Air Port? Most of the jobs are outsorced. People must get jobs because of these development. Country was surrounding by sea but still importing saman.

Just see the reasent news about big onion. See how many millions of Kg are buying from local farmers. But before that government imported onions because of commissions. Government buying onions because of the election. If there is no election this will not happen. Think before vote.

If MR selected he will stay another 8 years.

54 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:47 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

Will voters of outstation will accept what most of you says

They are not aware of this thing Rule of law,good governance Good economic management Ect

"People get the govt they deserve"

55 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:57 pm

worthiness

" Men rise from one ambition to another: first, they seek to secure themselves against attack, and then they attack others." -Niccolo Machiavelli-

56 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:55 pm

IO3+O

57 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:38 am

jonny

@IO3+O wrote:
a
Ha..Ha...Ha..Sira machang.Pattama Patta sira.... lol! lol! lol! Muge Dial eka niyemeta awilla thiyenawa.Kiyala wadak neha.... bounce bounce bounce

Machan IO+3  umbe nam nimai kollo  .. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

58 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:18 am

Market R

WOW !!
MY3 leading by more than 180%

59 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:59 pm

nimantha80

Forum eken my3 wadi chanda 1000

60 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:15 pm

Sarabulathwita

my three will win

61 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Dhehan

CTB will bring massive crowd for MR meetings not the votes.

62 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:17 pm

Sarabulathwita

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

63 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:04 pm

IO3+O

64 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:58 pm

dineshfernando

If we want to have democracy in the country we should vote for Maithri. People who has access to information know what this MR regime is doing.

However people who are in villages still go with MR due to the war victory. MR will get 66% of votes in Galle, Matara, Hambantota, Monaragala and Gampaha. This is huge. Most people who live in these districts only watch Rupavahini and ITN. Theses innocent voters may not think out of the box.

MR is using them for their advantage. Villages should be educated and should have access to information.

65 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:01 pm

RPPA

Expert
Expert
@dineshfernando wrote:If we want to have democracy in the country we should vote for Maithri. People who has access to information know what this MR regime is doing.

However people who are in villages still go with MR due to the war victory. MR will get 66% of votes in Galle, Matara, Hambantota, Monaragala and Gampaha. This is huge. Most people who live in these districts only watch Rupavahini and ITN. Theses innocent voters may not think out of the box.

MR is using them for their advantage. Villages should be educated and should have access to information.

Sorry mate you are wrong. The gap in GALLE.GAMPAHA, has reduced to less than 10%.
Hambanthota 15%, MATHARA 13% & Monaragala 15% or less.

The above facts are 80% accurate.

I spoke to some of the villagers. They know things that we don't know. There is at least 10% shift in SLFP votes.

66 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:06 pm

hlsindrajith

Primary data is more reliable than secondary data

67 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:22 pm

IO3+O

68 Re: Presidential Election 2015 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:11 am

Dhehan