Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Poll

SLEF Market Sentiment Indicator

73% 73% [ 1130 ]
27% 27% [ 416 ]

Total Votes : 1546

Responsible Care



Latest topics
» LOFC Chart 28.04.2017 (weekly chart)
by stockback Yesterday at 10:56 pm

» MAY 15- Govt. confident to get GSP+ active from 15 May
by Vacations To Sri Lanka Yesterday at 9:30 pm

» RAIGAM share
by Yahapalanaya Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» LOLC STARTED IT`S JOURNEY KEEP AN EYE ON LOFC
by stockback Yesterday at 8:27 pm

» PINS_ next target _Rs.21
by lakmal87 Yesterday at 8:10 pm

» CSEC and CFVF
by Elahara Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Can We Expect another RED day as last monday
by Miss-Sangeetha Yesterday at 5:17 pm

» OBJECTION DONE IN EU PARLIAMENT
by worthiness Yesterday at 4:50 pm

» THE TRUTH: CSE IN BAD SHAPE - RED ALERT!
by worthiness Yesterday at 4:19 pm

» GOOD NEWS FOR FINANCE COMPANIES
by worthiness Yesterday at 4:01 pm

» Truth about this forum
by kovida Yesterday at 2:46 pm

» BPPL Moving on
by Elahara Yesterday at 10:02 am

» MGT.N 20+ GSP++ BOOM BOOM
by kcrRanz Yesterday at 9:23 am

» LAMB ?????
by crs Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:10 pm

» CSE FOR NEXT LEVEL
by Yahapalanaya Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:16 pm

» EMER superstar
by Teller Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:59 pm

» Where is Teller?
by Miss-Sangeetha Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:59 pm

» WATA next target
by Teller Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:20 pm

» LOFC GEARING UP FOR A RUN
by Eugine Fernando Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:29 am

» ASI GOING TOWARDS 6000
by worthiness Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:27 am

» TESS can be next Run today
by prabath Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:22 am

» DPL.N0000 Don't Be Late Guys
by Elahara Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:15 am

» FLCH Browns Capital
by Yahapalanaya Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:28 am

» BFN - BUY Signal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by Maharaja Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:09 am

» Sri Lanka won the vote here in Brussels by 436 against and 119 in favor and 22 abstention for the motion to deny GSP plus for #SriLanka
by kcrRanz Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:08 am

» BLI's wife - BFN
by Maharaja Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:05 am

» Where's all our financial experts
by worthiness Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:27 am

» US plans to cut its economic assistance to Sri Lanka by 100%
by worthiness Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:12 am

» No GSP+ yet
by worthiness Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:08 am

» Technical Dshboard for CSE
by EquityChamp Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:35 am

» Govt. confident of winning support for GSP+ - Harsha De Silva: Last time to buy TJL/MGT/ EMER/ HEXP / ETC
by skyfall Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:26 pm

» ASI Chart 21.04.2017
by stockback Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:50 pm

» GSP today.......
by RoughRider Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:52 pm

» SURGE IN STOCK MARKET
by nimantha80 Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:36 pm

» ASI UP 500p...........
by kcrRanz Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:34 pm

» CAN A CHAMELEON & COMEDIAN GOVERN A NATION?
by stockback Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:59 pm

» ශීත කලය පැමිනෙවි.. තද ශීත කුනටු හමාවි.. හිම කැට සහිත මහ නපුරු සුලි සුලන් හමවි.. එහෙත් වසන්තය එනව සත්තමය්...........
by stockback Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:58 pm

» LOFC.N000 Highly Under value
by stockback Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:56 pm

» FOREIGN INFLOW TO CSE TO BOOST MARKET
by stockback Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:55 pm

» How is SEMB.X at .30
by man123 Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:03 pm

» Ceylon Grain Elevators - A Value Rich Stock
by Lucky Gamage Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:01 am

» rich is a large number of shares holder of kgal
by dow Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:32 am

» Sell your shares..market can be dropped
by nimantha80 Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:48 am

» password request
by Miss-Sangeetha Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:11 am

» OSEA plans to buy 2 floors in WTC
by Miss-Sangeetha Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:54 am

» My 6 th Year in this forum today..........
by Quibit Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:45 pm

» Profit Taking or Downward Trend
by EquityChamp Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:38 pm

» Three Acre Farms PLC - A stock with growing profitability
by EquityChamp Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:27 pm

» Laxapana Batteries - A New Begining
by EquityChamp Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:17 pm

» Ceylon Cold Stores - A valuable illiquid stock
by EquityChamp Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:14 pm

» What will happen tomorrow? We could defeat the petition submitted by 52 Memebrs or not? Sri-Lanka's return to GSP--hangs on EU vote tomorrow...
by kcrRanz Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:19 pm

» List of Companies that will de-list
by ranferdi Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:17 pm

» PLEASE REFRAIN FROM BUMPING GARBAGE THREADS IN FORUM
by ranferdi Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:14 pm

» EU Meeting on GSP+
by nimantha80 Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:54 pm

» Sri Lanka’s return to GSP+ hangs on EU vote tomorrow
by plsp1 Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:25 am

» North Korean Crisis going to influence the Share Markets around the World.
by Eugine Fernando Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:05 am

» AFSL update...
by Wimal Modawansa Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:02 pm

» GENUINE OFFER LEASE BG,SBLC& MTN
by simone12 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:19 pm

» Certified Bank Guarantee BG StandBy Letter of Credit SBLC Available
by simone12 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:19 pm

» BG/SBLC Offer For Lease Or Purchase
by simone12 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:19 pm

» BG/SBLC Financing
by simone12 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:18 pm

» FRESH CUT (BG/SBLC OFFER
by simone12 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:18 pm

» Fresh cut bank instrument for lease/sale, such as BG,SBLC, MTN, Bank Bonds
by simone12 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:17 pm

» We Offer Genuine Bank Instruments for lease (BG/SBLC)
by simone12 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:17 pm

» We bring Offer For Lease Bank Instruments, Such As BG and SBLC DLC LC
by simone12 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:16 pm

» TRADE AND PROJECT FUNDINGS
by simone12 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:15 pm

» Free Stock Market Training for SLEF Members
by simone12 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:14 pm

» BG/SBLC,MT103,Monetizing,Project Financing,Loan
by simone12 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:13 pm

» SAITM IPO coming next ?
by soileconomy Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:03 pm

» PAN ASIA BANK FASTEST GROWING COMMERCIAL BANK IN SL
by soileconomy Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:57 pm

» LAST CHANCE ..LCEM
by kovida Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:47 pm

» Incorrect Dividend Checks for Allied Finance Co.
by kovida Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:22 pm

» HSBC Attempt to de stabilize Sri Lanka Economy
by ice4083 Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:08 pm

» GSP+ beneficiaries
by worthiness Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:58 am

» Before SAITM Please introduce BOC ,PEOPLE'S BANK,SRILANKA INSURANCE list into market
by worthiness Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:53 pm

» Get ready for April rise...
by nimantha80 Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:32 pm

» commercial bank rights issue 1;10
by hirankb Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:58 pm

» Shares VS Fixed Desposit
by reyaz Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:14 pm

» GREETINGS FOR SINHALESE & TAMIL NEW YEAR
by reyaz Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:07 pm

» HATS OFF TO QUIBIT
by Miss-Sangeetha Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:01 pm

» Top 10 Index Contributors since 27-Mar-2017
by niru Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:53 pm

» on your mark, get set, go
by kcrRanz Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:32 am

» Indian builders plan to import cement from Sri Lanka
by sureshot Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:05 am

» JIO like Price War in Sri Lanka
by Teller Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:08 am

» Sri Lanka: Net foreign inflow into Sri Lankan equities top Rs. 7.71 billion year to date
by Teller Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:02 am

» DO LOCALS ENTER AFTER MARKET CORRECTION
by worthiness Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:20 am

» Cover Picture need to change
by sureshot Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:41 pm

» Softlogic Holdings Group boosts revenue to Rs.40.0 bn
by Investor1994 Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:09 pm

» SRI LANKA FINANCE SECTOR - HOLD - Mar 2017 - FC Research
by stockback Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:20 pm

» CFIN Clarification
by ShaneMc Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:31 pm

» HVA ponna manipulation
by Steve Jansen Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 pm

» MANGALA FINANCE!!!!
by samaritan Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:49 am

» ARPICO INSURANCE - BUY
by sureshot Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:29 am

» LANKA CEMENT..... WELCOME NEW CHAIRMAN
by sureshot Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:23 am

» With cash & scrib dividend SDB why not moving?
by hanuma Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:37 pm

» VFIN target price -- Rs 80.00 within 2 months
by venura Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:48 pm

» CCS next gem
by sikka89 Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:01 am

» EMER hot with GSP
by Vacations To Sri Lanka Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:16 am

» UBC PRICE INCREASING
by MarketWch Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:07 am


REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by innam on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

REEF results are out and i'm sure we'll get multiple posts about the magical EPS figure of 7 for the March quarter that they have reported.

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/568_1306907002379.pdf

But it seems that some of the accountants working for CSE listed companies don't seem to know how to use a calculator.

REEF profit after tax for the March quarter 2011 is 14 million and with 47 million shares outstanding my excel gives a figure of 30 cents but REEF is showing an EPS figure of 7.27
Profit after tax March quarter 2010 is 9 million and with 47 million shares outstanding my excel gives a figure of 20 cents but REEF is showing an EPS figure of 4.93
i have left out the dilution from the warrants to keep it simple for the moment

The same thing happened with VFIN yesterday and with two DONKEY LEVEL mistakes in two days, the troubling question to ask is, is this a deliberate attempt to mislead retailers by manufacturing incorrect EPS numbers or aren't they bothered about accuracy?
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t4305-vfin-good-results-will-it-shoot-up-soon#29045

Don't the CEOs/CFOs/Finance Managers of these companies take look at what they file?
avatar
innam
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 215
Equity Stars : 2997
Reputation : 130
Join date : 2010-07-02
Location : Bacon county, GA

Back to top Go down


Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by Hiru on Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:55 pm

@GJ wrote:is it good or bad to buy?
--
===
====
=====

VFIN is good at below Rs 50.

REEF is good to watch and buy as there would be huge capital gains. For me REEF.W0017 is comparably good. My view is based on the current trend and the information currently available, but not on fundamentals.

Please search for information available and evaluate by your self as money is yours.

Hiru
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 274
Join date : 2011-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by smallville on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:23 pm

@Gaja wrote:
@smallville wrote:
@Gaja wrote:interestingly, admin or moderators or any of the members of you have the contact with the company, why don't you informed to the company and ask them to correct it

I already sent them a note requesting an explanation..

Good let us know, if you got the reply

I'm afraideven after 2 days I've recieved NO reply.. U know wat this means right??? Twisted Evil
Poor souls.. Can we send this to SEC as well? indicating the malpractice by company??

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Posts : 4131
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by monash on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Smallville i also waited for your post to know the response of company.

Yes of course we can inform this to SEC. i think there is possibility to sue the company also if you have money and time, Consult a lawyer.. Wink
Reef is a pure scam.. the latest victim of them is CLND.

monash
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 342
Join date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by smallville on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:19 pm

@monash wrote:Smallville i also waited for your post to know the response of company.

Yes of course we can inform this to SEC. i think there is possibility to sue the company also if you have money and time, Consult a lawyer.. Wink
Reef is a pure scam.. the latest victim of them is CLND.

Well to be honest with, I dont have a single share even warrants.. but just for the community service I tried informing the company toget some response.. They didnt have the courtesy to accept it a mistake or whatever further assures this is a pure scam Wink Twisted Evil
Well I have other fish to fry.. so if some can post this to SEC, would be glad.. Wink

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Posts : 4131
Join date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by intelstk on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:45 pm

tinyman wrote:For me auditors are not ethical at all. Most of the young guys and girls who works days and nights to meets the deadline are getting paid a allowance (not salary) less than what a estate worker get paid.

So how come we can expect a reliable work from them?

this is nothing to do with auditors. These interim figures are un audited. They responsible for annual audited figures only. Even that case prepartion and presentation of FS in a responsible of Directors.

Eventhough they are paid less than state workers, they are doing great job for the entire market definitly. So, don scold auditors in this case plssssssssssss

intelstk
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by duke on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:27 pm

@smallville wrote:
@monash wrote:Smallville i also waited for your post to know the response of company.

Yes of course we can inform this to SEC. i think there is possibility to sue the company also if you have money and time, Consult a lawyer.. Wink
Reef is a pure scam.. the latest victim of them is CLND.

Well to be honest with, I dont have a single share even warrants.. but just for the community service I tried informing the company toget some response.. They didnt have the courtesy to accept it a mistake or whatever further assures this is a pure scam Wink Twisted Evil
Well I have other fish to fry.. so if some can post this to SEC, would be glad.. Wink

complaining to SEC is futile, waste of time and postage stamps.

duke
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 552
Equity Stars : 2959
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by gann on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:51 am

Maybe they have added the capital gain from CLND implicitly Smile
avatar
gann
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 426
Equity Stars : 2916
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by Slstock on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:56 am

@gann wrote:Maybe they have added the capital gain from CLND implicitly Smile

If you are serious . no can do. This is for quarter ending March 31st isn't it.

In anycase it is inexcusable to make such drastic errors. If they have an alternative way of calculating EPS it is in decent interest to let the public know.
avatar
Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Posts : 6628
Equity Stars : 10840
Reputation : 1158
Join date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by gann on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:02 am

@slstock wrote:
@gann wrote:Maybe they have added the capital gain from CLND implicitly Smile

If you are serious . no can do. This is for quarter ending March 31st isn't it.

In anycase it is inexcusable to make such drastic errors. If they have an alternative way of calculating EPS it is in decent interest to let the public know.

I was kidding. geek
avatar
gann
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 426
Equity Stars : 2916
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by Chinwi on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:51 pm

This can not be a mistake nor an ignorance.

As a manager you know the position of you company. You do not need a report to have a general idea of you company. That is in your day to day life.

When there is a 7 Rupee figure at the bottom for REEF any donkey who go through the report before releasing it should know that is impossible.





avatar
Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Posts : 3016
Equity Stars : 6295
Reputation : 394
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Asia

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by DPPEL on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:54 pm

what do you think vfin curent price ......

DPPEL
Stock Trader

Posts : 7
Equity Stars : 2145
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by greedy on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:43 am

A similar mistake that I found in Browns IPO..... (I posted this in another forum)

I was looking at Browns IPO Prospectus & came across this funny EPS figure in the accounts for the 9 months ended 31.12.2010. As per the prospectus, the EPS number is LKR4.917. There were 98mn shares as of 31 March 2010 and this was sub divided in an 1:10 ratio in 16/11/2010. Post split number of shares became 980mn shares.

As per the income statement, net profit for the 9 month period ended 31.12.2010 is LKR1,445.556mn.

Therefore, based on the above numbers the EPS for the period is;

EPS = LKR1,445.556mn/980mn

= LKR1.475.


So how did they get an EPS of LKR4.917? Is this an error or done deliberately?

I Guess they have done a wrong Calculation. The below could have been their calculation which is wrong...

Net Profit for the period LKR1,445.556mn

Weighted Average Number of shares (98mn+882mn/9months*2months) = 294mn shares

EPS = LKR1,445.556/294mn shares
EPS = LKR 4.917

Anyone with accounting knowledge would know that when there is a share split, EPS needs to be calculated based on post split numbers not by weighted average number of shares.
avatar
greedy
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 280
Equity Stars : 2435
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by smallville on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:45 pm

@greedy wrote:A similar mistake that I found in Browns IPO..... (I posted this in another forum)

I was looking at Browns IPO Prospectus & came across this funny EPS figure in the accounts for the 9 months ended 31.12.2010. As per the prospectus, the EPS number is LKR4.917. There were 98mn shares as of 31 March 2010 and this was sub divided in an 1:10 ratio in 16/11/2010. Post split number of shares became 980mn shares.

As per the income statement, net profit for the 9 month period ended 31.12.2010 is LKR1,445.556mn.

Therefore, based on the above numbers the EPS for the period is;

EPS = LKR1,445.556mn/980mn

= LKR1.475.


So how did they get an EPS of LKR4.917? Is this an error or done deliberately?

I Guess they have done a wrong Calculation. The below could have been their calculation which is wrong...

Net Profit for the period LKR1,445.556mn

Weighted Average Number of shares (98mn+882mn/9months*2months) = 294mn shares

EPS = LKR1,445.556/294mn shares
EPS = LKR 4.917

Anyone with accounting knowledge would know that when there is a share split, EPS needs to be calculated based on post split numbers not by weighted average number of shares.

Welcome to the forum buddy.. Hope you're the same person..
And good finding..
However I think even with the correct EPS figure of 1.4, Browns inv. is fairly ok.. but its shame on EPS calculation Wink
First VFIN then REEF now BIL.. Seems like accountants are not that intelligent these days or authorities don't care.. Shame on us for not looking at this earlier too. Evil or Very Mad
avatar
smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Posts : 4131
Equity Stars : 7558
Reputation : 530
Join date : 2011-02-03
Location : Back on Earth

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by rijayasooriya on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:53 am

@smallville wrote:
@greedy wrote:A similar mistake that I found in Browns IPO..... (I posted this in another forum)

I was looking at Browns IPO Prospectus & came across this funny EPS figure in the accounts for the 9 months ended 31.12.2010. As per the prospectus, the EPS number is LKR4.917. There were 98mn shares as of 31 March 2010 and this was sub divided in an 1:10 ratio in 16/11/2010. Post split number of shares became 980mn shares.

As per the income statement, net profit for the 9 month period ended 31.12.2010 is LKR1,445.556mn.

Therefore, based on the above numbers the EPS for the period is;

EPS = LKR1,445.556mn/980mn

= LKR1.475.


So how did they get an EPS of LKR4.917? Is this an error or done deliberately?

I Guess they have done a wrong Calculation. The below could have been their calculation which is wrong...

Net Profit for the period LKR1,445.556mn

Weighted Average Number of shares (98mn+882mn/9months*2months) = 294mn shares

EPS = LKR1,445.556/294mn shares
EPS = LKR 4.917

Anyone with accounting knowledge would know that when there is a share split, EPS needs to be calculated based on post split numbers not by weighted average number of shares.

Welcome to the forum buddy.. Hope you're the same person..
And good finding..
However I think even with the correct EPS figure of 1.4, Browns inv. is fairly ok.. but its shame on EPS calculation Wink
First VFIN then REEF now BIL.. Seems like accountants are not that intelligent these days or authorities don't care.. Shame on us for not looking at this earlier too. Evil or Very Mad
These are the ways that companies use to fool the investers who are not with good knowledge in accounting.
Actually there is some logic behind the method,used by company to calculate EPS.Person without proper accounting knowledge can not understand such tricks.
It is really nice of our experts that they have kept an eye on such cunning tricks and posted those to the form.
Thank u very much to all.Exclamation
avatar
rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 1827
Equity Stars : 4245
Reputation : 134
Join date : 2011-05-25
Location : Matara

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by kiwi on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:52 pm

REEF have corrected the EPS figure now. I am not sure if there was any explanation given. http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/568_1307353270.pdf
avatar
kiwi
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Posts : 88
Equity Stars : 2301
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : Hobbiton, Middle Earth

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by Chinwi on Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:10 pm

@kiwi wrote:REEF have corrected the EPS figure now. I am not sure if there was any explanation given. http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/568_1307353270.pdf



Can anyone tell me who is the ultimate owner of REEF ?

Is that still Mr. KDD (PABC) or Mr. DJ (Imagewise)

(Pl. Refer above report )
avatar
Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Posts : 3016
Equity Stars : 6295
Reputation : 394
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Asia

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by sapumal on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:09 pm

@Chinwi wrote:
@kiwi wrote:REEF have corrected the EPS figure now. I am not sure if there was any explanation given. http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/568_1307353270.pdf



Can anyone tell me who is the ultimate owner of REEF ?

Is that still Mr. KDD (PABC) or Mr. DJ (Imagewise)

(Pl. Refer above report )

Currently it is DJ. PABC is the credit provider. Tomorrow it may be differ

sapumal
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 1102
Equity Stars : 3966
Reputation : 65
Join date : 2010-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by hariesha on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:33 pm

In VFIN its anualised EPS, not for the qtr. Correctly all companies should show their EPS in anualised format. So in VFIN EPS of 4.64 is correct and it trades @ PER of 9.2 which is atractive.

hariesha
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 1060
Equity Stars : 4723
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by greedy on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:35 pm

@hariesha wrote:In VFIN its anualised EPS, not for the qtr. Correctly all companies should show their EPS in anualised format. So in VFIN EPS of 4.64 is correct and it trades @ PER of 9.2 which is atractive.


Companies should disclose only their quarterly & year to date EPS in the quarterly accounts. Because, that would be the actual number based on actual results. When Quarterly EPS is annualised, it implies that company management tells us that the company is going to make profits similar to the current period in the remaining quarters which is totally inaccurate!

Therefore, EPS, should never be annualised in the Quarterly accounts/prospectus. It's up to the investors to predict what will be results for the coming periods.
avatar
greedy
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 280
Equity Stars : 2435
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by reyaz on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:53 am

@sapumal wrote:I don't have any disagree with your point innam. They can't show a EPS using this statement. It is a magic figure
My point is they had a EPS of Rs 7 during last quarter due to the land revaluation and it is in the balance sheet.

Eps = Earnings for the reporing period
           No. Of shares (cumulative)
avatar
reyaz
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Posts : 84
Equity Stars : 2342
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by deli on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:52 pm

Its more complicated than that- it has to be annualized, hariesha is correct.
avatar
deli
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Posts : 25
Equity Stars : 122
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: REEF and VFIN- Accountants who can't calculate

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who is online?
In total there are 100 users online :: 7 Registered, 0 Hidden and 93 Guests

aathi, BullandBear, kovida, newer1, sameboy, sisira.wijeweera, stockback

Most users ever online was 541 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:29 am
Statistics
We have 19029 registered users
The newest registered user is EmoryV48

Our users have posted a total of 323549 messages in 49674 subjects
Forum Rules & Guidelines
Sri Lanka Equity Analytic
Disclaimer

The information contained in this forum have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein.

www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever.

Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.