Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka News
Forum Disclaimer

The information contained in this forum have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein.

www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever.

Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market & Forum Help » Help on selecting a broker

Help on selecting a broker

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Help on selecting a broker on Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:28 pm

thunderbird

Stock Trader
I am thinking of starting stock trading and can someone suggest me a broker.

My initial investment will be a very small amount (probably Rs. 5000) since I am starting off but I want to see historical candlestick charts with technical indicators.

Are there any brokers providing this? Probably traders with online trading. 

Please help.

Thank you!

Last edited by thunderbird on Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title changed)

2 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:34 pm

slequityanalyst

Manager - Equity Analytics
As far as I know NDB Stockbrokers don't give online trading until your portfolio is more than LKR50,000. Until then you will have to call the broker which is painful and you will miss some opportunities. 

CT CLSA don't give me a chance to place online orders for some stocks like NAVF.U0000. But their platform is not good compared to the other one available. 

In the future, select a broker who will have the new system implemented by Nomura & Thomson Reuters who are global giants. http://www.vivalanka.com/newspage/657722ai-nomura-thomson-reuters-partner-sl-capital-market

3 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:44 am

thunderbird

Stock Trader
Thank you for the info!

Anyone else would like to recommend a broker?

I am fine with calling the broker to place the order but still would like to see candlestick charts.

4 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:23 am

HaroldFinch

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum as well as investing. I have recently registered with one broker and they are telling me I don't get online trading unless I put 1m. They told me they have opened a CDS account already.

I am starting this in small scale and I want to know is there are any broker that I can get online trading tools If I start with 1~2 lak.

Since they have already opened a CDS account I wonder how to change my broker now. Please help me to sort this out.

Thank you!

5 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:42 am

nis2010

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
HaroldFinch wrote:Hi All,

I'm new to this forum as well as investing. I have recently registered with one broker and they are telling me I don't get online trading unless I put 1m. They told me they have opened a CDS account already.

I am starting this in small scale and I want to know is there are any broker that I can get online trading tools If I start with 1~2 lak.

Since they have already opened a CDS account I wonder how to change my broker now. Please help me to sort this out.

Thank you!
1m for online trading  affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid . my broker is asha and i got all without having even tuppence in my account. . actually they are very fast with documents and also i have an  advisor quite nice. because sometimes he gave indications without asked. as I realized , all brokers need big players and they need traders not the  investors

6 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:48 am

HaroldFinch

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Thanks a lot, I'll check with them tomorrow. Actually my plan is to be a trader Wink I have even got an advisor but this guy is keep telling me that it's is their policy and can't change.

Do you know how I can use my already registered CDS account to another broker?

7 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:18 am

nis2010

HaroldFinch wrote:Thanks a lot, I'll check with them tomorrow. Actually my plan is to be a trader Wink I have even got an advisor but this guy is keep telling me that it's is their policy and can't change.

http://Deleted/portal/LKCSE/helpMeLearn.html?pageParam=helpMeLearn

8 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:57 am

slequityanalyst

HaroldFinch wrote:Thanks a lot, I'll check with them tomorrow. Actually my plan is to be a trader Wink I have even got an advisor but this guy is keep telling me that it's is their policy and can't change.

If you already have some stocks in the account then you can transfer them to the new broker you are going with. Ask the new broker the procedure to transfer. It will be easy.

If you don't have stocks in the current brokers account just forget it and go with a new one. I invest with CT CLSA and NDB Stockbrokers. CT CLSA gives online facility for any amount invested but NDB wants LKR50,000 invested to get the online facility.

Happy trading. (also note that the brokerage fees are some times prohibitively expensive for traders!!)

9 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:03 am

Shashini Akasha

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
TKS given online facility without any minimum balance..Check with them......

10 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:08 am

kashyapa89

0779-167-181

11 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:20 am

HaroldFinch

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Thanks everyone,

Does TKS provide good software for online trading? Like DirectFN or anything better?

12 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:14 am

HaroldFinch

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Hi All,

So I talked to a person at TKS. They seems to be cool. They have DirectFN. I don't think I'm able to buy anything before the election though.

Thanks again for the help guys!

13 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:51 am

MADUSH39

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
I am trading with LOLC securities and they are giving a best service for me.

14 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:03 pm

HaroldFinch

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Ah, nice to hear that as well, do they have any minimum limit for online trading?

15 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:24 pm

MADUSH39

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
No as far as i know. You get the online trading as well.

16 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:37 pm

fireshelter

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
TKS Best Buying Power 100% online trading

17 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:54 pm

shadow walker

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
i think TKS is better..

18 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:57 pm

akashameer

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Asia securities my opinion they give directfn even if start investing 500

19 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:03 pm

nis2010

ashaphillip gave me online trading without money in the account

20 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:14 pm

akashameer

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
nis2010 wrote:ashaphillip gave me online trading without money in the account
i dont think they give it to everyone

21 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:45 pm

HaroldFinch

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
TKS also told me no need to have money in the account. So I'll have another round of broker selection and will open an account on Monday.

22 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:36 pm

HaroldFinch

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
So, I got registered with TKS but I'm really disappointed with their service. [url=trade.tks.lk]trade.tks.lk[/url] is down and their DirectFN TWS software doesn't work.

23 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:23 am

amma1943

Stock Trader
Assets Line Security's online trading soft is very user friendly and IT team for technical support. but their Client accounts statement is too complicated.

24 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:44 am

DANIDU

Capital trust is better for me and giving pair service. also they update the A/C in less than 24 hours. I am using the updated version of ATrad and it is so simple and work on even slow connection. I am not promoting CT, just giving my experience, However, my adviser is ???

25 Re: Help on selecting a broker on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:01 am

tarindad

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
DANIDU wrote:Capital trust is better for me and giving pair service. also they update the A/C in less than 24 hours. I am using the updated version of ATrad and it is so simple and work on even slow connection. I am not promoting CT, just giving my experience, However, my adviser is ???
Yep Capital Trust is the best one. First Capital is also good but they have only few recommendations.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum