Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය

Latest topics

» CIFL ANY NEWS
by kjojo Today at 1:45 pm

» HVA - Game changer! High profits this quarter!!!!!
by Captain Today at 1:09 pm

» JACKPOT for LDEV share holders
by sanjulanka Today at 12:29 pm

» Meka Mahinda Rajapaksege Wadak
by Yahapalanaya Today at 9:50 am

» CFT share එක මොනව හරි දෙයක් වෙනව වාගෙ.
by sameboy Today at 7:40 am

» Foreign Investment
by bushra03 Today at 1:24 am

» best stocks to buy now
by Ryan Hudson Yesterday at 11:56 pm

» BFN .. ORIENT FINANCE PLC
by rasikagamage Yesterday at 3:28 pm

» RENUKA CAPITAL PLC (KZOO.N0000)
by Namal Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» WATCHOUT CITRUS GROUP SHARES
by Eugine Fernando Yesterday at 12:17 pm

» Jackpot For LDEV share holders
by bushra03 Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:37 pm

» LLMP -වාර්තාව හොඳ නැත
by max shanu Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:31 am

» CFVF will HIT. 40 BY Next. Thursday
by sanjulanka Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:15 am

» MULL trade up possibilities
by Hewagak Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:18 pm

» GROUP LEASE PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED vs COCR
by TARGET Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:51 pm

» Commercial Credit COCR and Group Lease Deal Pricing story
by kjojo Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:40 pm

» HEXP N.0000
by chathura Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:56 pm

» CFT 7+...........today
by max shanu Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:40 pm

» GRANN - Gonna fly
by prasa2004 Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:25 am

» Any News on JINS???
by prasa2004 Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:21 am

» Watch DFCC and NDB and guess which one is best
by Small Investor Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:58 am

» is KFP good to buy
by Fayaz_2017 Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:49 pm

» Plantation stocks
by anjelo Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:13 pm

» Good News - Watch ( VFIN , LFIN , CFIN, SAMP,LOFC)
by Harry82 Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:40 pm

» Avoid investing in Abans Group company shares
by fortuneteller Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:25 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Ceylon Cold Stores - A valuable illiquid stock

Ceylon Cold Stores - A valuable illiquid stock

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

EquityChamp

Q2 PAT up by 129% with 24% revenue growth and GP margin increase of 3pp meaning material costs have come down. Six month EPS 13.22 and NAV is 123.

2015/160 EPS (E) would be 28 and current PE is 13.5. PBV is 3.1. In medium term this share can reach Rs440. Solid investment for value investors.
Thanks Basketball

gayanath1983

Vice President - Equity Analytics
yes this is also like NEST, CINS

EquityChamp

Since the market bull run is yet to start and await for the next run to 8500 this is that kind of a stock that can move even to 1000 within 1-2 years with the market momentum. So it is a wise decision if any one can buy and keep about 1000 shares as a real investment.

fulltilt

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Yes very true this share has real value. Especially after the water front project is complete. Also they have a reasonable PE multiple. Only problem is the share is too illiquid to attract long term funds to invest to hold its value. Retailers by and large can't hold for too long unless they keep it as a saving.

EquityChamp

Anyone dispute my analysis. Just a quick comparison of YoY financial KPIs.
 14/1515/16
Revenue (Rs mn)         27,699          34,069
NP (Rs mn)           1,525            2,875
NP margin6%8%
EPS (Rs)16.0530.25
DPS (Rs)1118
Price (Rs)298430
PE             18.6              14.2
DY3.7%4.2%
I estimated an EPS of 28 and they produced more than 30.4.2% DY is better than many other companies. PE of 14x will not be expensive for a long term investor. Further their BS is now debt free. I would proudly say that this is a company enter into that elusive club which is currently representing by CTC, NEST & LLUB. Anyone who dispute that this stock won't reach 800 level next year please tell me why you think so.
Moreover I would say that this share awaits a sub division. It went through subdivision previously when the price was 800 and I am saying today it will do the same again once it reaches 800 for the second time.

cseguide

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@EquityChamp wrote:Anyone dispute my analysis. Just a quick comparison of YoY financial KPIs.
 14/1515/16
Revenue (Rs mn)         27,699          34,069
NP (Rs mn)           1,525            2,875
NP margin6%8%
EPS (Rs)16.0530.25
DPS (Rs)1118
Price (Rs)298430
PE             18.6              14.2
DY3.7%4.2%
I estimated an EPS of 28 and they produced more than 30.4.2% DY is better than many other companies. PE of 14x will not be expensive for a long term investor. Further their BS is now debt free. I would proudly say that this is a company enter into that elusive club which is currently representing by CTC, NEST & LLUB. Anyone who dispute that this stock won't reach 800 level next year please tell me why you think so.
Moreover I would say that this share awaits a sub division. It went through subdivision previously when the price was 800 and I am saying today it will do the same again once it reaches 800 for the second time.
no argument, agree with you.

Brinthan

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Ec Sir everyone going to subdivision Exempt Nestle...Is there any special reason for Nestle...

EquityChamp

Brother NEST & CTC are foreign companies with major focus on dividend.

Brinthan

Thanx..Ec Sir and one more clarification...Why companies subdivid their shares...?What are the benifits they have..?

EquityChamp

@Brinthan wrote:Thanx..Ec Sir and one more clarification...Why companies subdivid their shares...?What are the benifits they have..?

Main objective is to increase the liquidity. In Sri Lanka it has proven that share splits can increase the market value of a stock too so as the second objective a sub division will targeting on increasing share price as well in Sri Lanka.

VALUEPICK

Expert
Expert
Its all time low was Rs.17.75. If we can identify some stocks in advance, then we can ride both bull and bear market. We should not forget to include attractive food stocks in our egg basket (portfolio). Human create demand for basic things such as food almost every year irrespective of type of business cycle or economic cycle.

EquityChamp

CCS 500/- resistance broken and now it is 534/-. So 600/- will be the next resistance and now we can see less than 500 sellers on board. Some people have really collected when the share was around 400. What a gem like stock.

EquityChamp

Today so far 26000 shares traded for 530/-. Some party has collected and definitely with long term idea.

EquityChamp

Oh my God 600/- touched today. Last October this was 400 and now 600/- so by coming October 1000? Basketball See the thumping return.

Teller

I am having this from 55/- rupees. How amazing it is?

pollaeliye

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@ Teller, please recommend some shares for long term like CCL ......

EquityChamp

Q1 2016/17 EPS Rs9 with YoY growth of 56%. Even with adverse whether the EPS impact QoQ was only 1 rupee. I guess this year they will deliver  an EPS of 40 with a dividend in excess of 20/- So 800 by year end with ASPI of 7000 will not be a dream for me.

nimantha80

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
sihinayaki mee nihada madiyam raaa

Teller

@poll, Still HEXP is the BEST...when I was buying CCS I never had a plan to see this in 600 levels.
When I buy HEXP I had a guarantee see HEXP above 130 levels.

20 CCS on FIRE on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:58 am

Ravindu Kumarasiri

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
CCS.N0000 is very active and can get profits even on daliy basis if you are lucky. For the week it is at least 10% gain.
Just have a look at the order list for some time. Can see how dynamic it is..

EquityChamp

From 400 odd in October 2015 to 650+ in August 2016. Not bad for the value investors. Isn't it?

Ryan Hudson

CCS is a good share at any price, but manipulations always can happen, on value perspective APLA is much better, but CCS are putting up another factory and expanding Keels Super

chandimalkasun

Stock Trader
EC is it still  a good buy @ current price ?

EquityChamp

If you are not asking for short term then Yes. You must prepare to hold some time if require a handsom gain.

chandimalkasun

Stock Trader
u mean like 1 year

EquityChamp

Now lets look at the facts. In October it was trading arround 400 and now after ten months it is 650. Meaning 60% appreciation. So lets see you buy and keep for two quarters. Then two quarterly results also released. urther now the share has become very very illiquide. And with the growth in earnings the stock can reach arround 800-850 which means a 25% return.
I think what I tell now is clear.

chandimalkasun

Stock Trader
thanks EC. its crystal clear

kassachandi

EC what is your exit price for this value gem

kassachandimal

Manager - Equity Analytics
I just saw a huge parcel of 25000 CCS changed hands. Someone is buying @even this price means this has more legs to run towards 800- 1000 levels

kassachandimal

With market turning into bullish gains we can see CCS giving thumping returns to holders of this value gem. Next barrier is 700. It might pass that in this week.

kassachandimal

My target for CCS 700-720 before next quarter report

Brinthan

Big sell orders placed from someone @ the price of  Rs 650 to 675 mark thats why ccs going down ....

gayanath1983

යස අගේට ගිය ෂෙයාර් එක ෆෝරම් එකේ කතා උනා විතරය් බහින්න ගත්තා...

kassachandi

I think someone is trying to collect this value gem at low. Dividend is also due in October.CCS will run again very soon pass 700

TARGET

If you want to enter, wait for come back further. .Don't stuck top of the waterfall. . Very Happy

EquityChamp

@gayanath1983 wrote:යස අගේට ගිය ෂෙයාර් එක ෆෝරම් එකේ  කතා උනා විතරය් බහින්න  ගත්තා...

Or else it can be that someone bought it and manipulate using the forum platform and sell-off the holdings. I think you can think such a dial in this forum Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

TARGET

@EquityChamp wrote:
@gayanath1983 wrote:යස අගේට ගිය ෂෙයාර් එක ෆෝරම් එකේ  කතා උනා විතරය් බහින්න  ගත්තා...

Or else it can be that someone bought it and manipulate using the forum platform and sell-off the holdings. I think you can think such a dial in this forum Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Now that dial won't talk about this share.
Ane paw shares select karanna deiyo passe yana aya Very Happy

kassachandi

Then what about your prediction for CSS that u done earlier

EquityChamp

CCS should move along with its earnings. Compare its valuation parameters and decide the future state. This has the potential to reach great levels but at the correct time not because some one come here and says its 5000 and by one week or one month its 1000. Its not the case. If you do the investment give the investment the required time to grow. On 19th August CCS was trading @ 14% premium to the industry. So anyone should know what does that means. Over buying or artificial manipulation in the short term could be the reason. But when you factor in two to three quarter results you could figure out the future price. And that is the destination I am talking about. Hope my message is clear.

kassachandi

Thanks EC for ur reply. I also see CCS has still great potential

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum