Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Poll

SLEF Market Sentiment Indicator

73% 73% [ 1129 ]
27% 27% [ 410 ]

Total Votes : 1539

Responsible Care



Latest topics
» Sri Lanka’s real estate bubble likely to explode in five years
by Quibit Today at 8:26 pm

» The AINV’S Potentials
by Miss-Sangeetha Today at 7:48 pm

» Policy Decision
by kumarweerarathne Today at 6:48 pm

» Sri Lanka: Bond Manipulator Shady Businessman Arjun Aloysius's Bond Deals financed Newspaper 'Janayugaya' to hit the market by April 2017
by MalcolmTurnbull Today at 6:01 pm

» Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP
by Miss-Sangeetha Today at 2:21 pm

» Sri Lankan Capital Market To Woo Investors From Australia And New Zealand
by jayathu Today at 11:50 am

» Sri Lanka: 'Unfit & Improper' for Banking Sector - NSB Director - CIMA Regional Director Bradley Emerson to be investigated by Good Governance Activists, and CIMA UK for Mismanagement and Dating with CIMA Money
by MalcolmTurnbull Yesterday at 8:50 pm

» AFSL update...
by fortuneteller Yesterday at 8:12 pm

» Buying companies solely because their market price has fallen will get you nowhere.
by soileconomy Yesterday at 3:41 pm

» KNOW YOUR POLITICIANS (KYP)
by worthiness Yesterday at 2:38 pm

» Sri Lanka and its cheap labor pool - Japanese Report
by MalcolmTurnbull Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Deficits in the economic policy?
by MalcolmTurnbull Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:57 pm

» Foreigners are buying shares
by niru Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:00 pm

» Stock Recomendations For Bargain Hunters
by Vinayak Mahadev Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:24 pm

» Shares VS Fixed Desposit
by Vinayak Mahadev Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:17 pm

» Fresh buying into market !!!
by Maharaja Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:41 am

» Johari: M'sia won't end up like Sri Lanka, won't lease properties to China
by stockback Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:23 pm

» Sri Lanka: LOLC Ishara Nanayakkara's Father Ishara Traders - LOLC Chairman Rajah Mahinda Nanayakkara Passes Away
by MalcolmTurnbull Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:23 pm

» Sri Lanka: Unit Trust Industry to Close Down the Shops after government increased Taxes
by MalcolmTurnbull Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:19 pm

» Ceylon Cold Stores (CCS) Next Share Split at Rs.1000/= per share
by MalcolmTurnbull Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:17 pm

» Navara Capital Group In Trouble - Harsha N. De Silva to sell all his companies as So Many of His Shady Deals involved
by MalcolmTurnbull Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:08 pm

» Sri Lanka's famous Chef Pabilis Silva's Grandson Chathura Silva's Degree at USJ to be investigated and put for Bribery and Corruption by 'Yahapalana' Regime
by MalcolmTurnbull Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:36 pm

» Former SEC Chairman Dr. Nalaka Godahewa on 'Thilak's Reinvention of the Wheel'
by Varshaa Selvanathan Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:54 pm

» INTRODUCING KALKUDAH DISTILLERIES
by samaritan Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:20 pm

» Last hurdle is cleared for the CSE to move upwards.
by Learner19 Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:20 pm

» THE PLAN OF THE YAHAPALANAYA GOVERNMENT 2020
by worthiness Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:17 pm

» තවත් පට්ටපල් බොරු කාරයො දෙන්නෙක්…
by kalu_mahaththaya Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:42 pm

» රට හැර යන්නේ ඩොලර් පමනක් නොවේ
by worthiness Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:35 am

» IT IS CLEAR NOW,, SHARE PRICES ARE NOT DEPEND ON COMPANIES PERFORMANCE
by worthiness Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:26 am

» Good News - Pc Pharma back again to the marcket
by Neluka Karannagoda Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:44 am

» Monetary Policy Review March 2017 - Rates Incresed
by dul324 Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:10 am

» ASI GOING TOWARDS 6000
by nimantha80 Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:35 am

» සුද්දන් රටටම කොචොක් කරයි....
by kalu_mahaththaya Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:25 pm

» ඇන්ටනෝව් යානා ගුවනේ දී පිපිරවූ කොටියා සහ විමල් වීරවංශ
by nimantha80 Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:53 pm

» WHERE IS THE COUNTRY GOING?
by Lucky Gamage Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:50 pm

» Positive and Negative comments welcome
by jayathu Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:49 am

» No need to sell Alumex Under 19....Don't sell ...
by asitha1952 Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:45 am

» HNB Bank money robbery spread to SAMPATH..ANOTHER CHEATING BANK SAMPATH.....
by jayathu Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:35 am

» ALUM Should reach to 22 levels..before next report..
by asitha1952 Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:36 am

» Get ready for April rise...
by kalu_mahaththaya Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:37 am

» JKH Prices dropped to 2009 Prices...
by jayathu Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:06 pm

» Ravi to receive Asia Pacific’s best Finance Minister Award on Friday
by Eugine Fernando Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:19 pm

» ANOTHER CSE BAILA..................
by samaritan Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:11 pm

» STATE CORPORATIONS ARE DOING WELL UNDER YAHAPALANAYA
by jayathu Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:47 am

» SITE IMAGE CHANGED...?
by kalu_mahaththaya Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:23 am

» KO BAN ARA MARKET EKE SUPPROTING LEVEL HOYANA UN TIKA????
by Lucky Gamage Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:55 am

» Rate hike is likely
by plsp1 Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:47 am

» Hyatt, Grand Oriental Hotel, Waters Edge, Hilton and Lanka Hospitals to be listed
by jayathu Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:54 am

» Rest in peace
by Lucky Gamage Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:23 pm

» Sri Lanka meets eligibility criteria for GSP Plus, says EU technical report
by Mubin Mustafa Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:30 am

» What happend Sri Ranga????
by Chinwi Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:25 am

» End or the Begining of Nimal Perera?
by Quibit Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:59 pm

» Sri Lanka: Young Bond King Arjun Aloysius' Media Company iMN (Integrated Media Network) in Search of Journalists
by samaritan Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:39 pm

» Sri Lanka: State Defence Minister Ruwan quits his father's Board at LPRT but to continue to be the second largest shareholder
by Varshaa Selvanathan Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:25 pm

» BFN - BUY Signal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by reader Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:08 pm

» VFIN target price -- Rs 80.00 within 2 months
by Wimal Modawansa Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:15 am

» PLC.N & GLASS.N
by Wimal Modawansa Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:13 am

» ARPICO INSURANCE - BUY
by Wimal Modawansa Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:11 am

» AUTODROME PLC DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS
by visvajith Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 am

» Maritime terrorism an emerging threat in Indian Ocean, says Sri Lanka PM Ranil Wickremesinghe
by Yahapalanaya Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:29 am

» They say Ratmalana to become 3rd Int Airport
by Chinwi Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:17 am

» TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT
by soileconomy Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:55 am

» ඩෙංගු වසංගතය පැතිරේ - සටන කරන හැටී හරිද ?
by Chinwi Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:20 am

» NAMU - HIGHLY POTENTIAL STOCK
by bullstreet Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:20 pm

» Technical bounce now
by samaritan Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:40 pm

» PENDING PROPERTY BUBBLE BURST!
by jayathu Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:02 am

» RWSL, LOFC , AAF
by stockback Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:05 am

» Royal - Thomian
by Eugine Fernando Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:16 am

» Dividend issue before 01st April
by kks17 Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:09 am

» REXP REXP.
by kassachandimal Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:34 pm

» Be carefully your shares of cse
by D.G.Dayaratne Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:57 pm

» 13.03.2017 - Chart expect Double bottom
by dudi Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:33 pm

» GSP + concession
by plsp1 Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:50 pm

» Can Government go ahead with these type of ignorance?
by hettdas Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:09 am

» AINS ..........DEAL
by sureshot Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:31 pm

» What is Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency's legality in Sri Lanka.
by anjelo Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:35 pm

» last few years Budgets.
by samaritan Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:43 am

» Three large European funds visit CSE
by Equity King Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:38 am

» HEXP high divided on the way.
by Miss-Sangeetha Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:21 am

» MRP of chicken withdrawn
by TuTanKaman Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:11 am

» SAMP 17 rs announcement ahead..feb
by worthiness Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:40 pm

» CEYLON COLD STORES PLC(CCS.N0000)
by rosa maria Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:20 pm

» Teller please comes back to the forum
by Miss-Sangeetha Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:57 pm

» Banks Rights Issues has started
by jayathu Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:29 am

» මහින්ද මොනවද කලේ?
by DANIDU Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:10 pm

» Good news for market
by worthiness Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:20 pm

» Top gainers - 13.03.2017
by Harry82 Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:56 pm

» Obtain Real/Fake Passports,IDs,Drivers Licenses,IELTS/TOEFL etc
by Chinwi Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:31 am

» FED DECISION ON COMING WEDNESDAY
by worthiness Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:11 pm

» එදා ලෝකයේ පලමුවැනියා වූ කොළඹ කොටස් වෙළෙඳපොළ අද කලාපයේ අන්තිමයා..- රොයිටර් ලෝකයටම කියයි..
by ranferdi Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:57 pm

» CSE RULES OF COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
by Eugine Fernando Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:42 am

» CCS next gem
by sikka89 Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:20 pm

» GOOD NEWS. March decline and April Rising in CSE from 2013
by Thushara Ayya Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:02 pm

» SLPA EARNED 11B IN 2016
by Yahapalanaya Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:10 pm

» nordmachinelanka
by tharushir Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:28 pm

» RHL - WHAT'S COOKING?
by jayathu Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:07 am

» AINV ???????
by Eugine Fernando Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:53 am

» CCS Moving at Staggering Pace
by Agape Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:04 pm

» 'බෙදුම්කර​' රහස් තවත් හෙලිවේ
by worthiness Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:17 pm


TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by prasa2004 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:11 am

Hello

I am an overseas investor in CSE and have to admit your daily quotes to Reuters as nonsense and one sided.  For Ex. yest you said after being shamefully wrong the previous day prediction,  '"But it could be a short-lived one with expected poor earnings while interest rates have been on the rise,". 

Have you analysed the Qtly reports released so far? AMW, PLC, GLASS, UB, SEYB, COMD  all recorded good improvement and only CSD and OSEA remained flat. So why you jumping to say reports poor?  When you give an opinion it should say both sides for the reader to come to his/her opinion and your statements are biased. I am sure no one takes these serious and no sooner this will end up as weather report


Even Goldman failed recently predicting OIL for 20s and bear market for Equities. But they admitted it. it is best you do proper homework and give your statement and not just vomit at the spur of the moment.

prasa2004
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 119
Equity Stars : 2121
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by SLFINANCEWATCH on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:15 am

Can buy these guys for even Rs. 100,000/-.
avatar
SLFINANCEWATCH
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 651
Equity Stars : 2057
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2014-01-28
Location : COLOMBO

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by charith666lk on Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:50 am

Good point prasa. This mathew guy is now becoming a good joker. Its seems he is very unhappy about the market rising.
lol!

charith666lk
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 410
Equity Stars : 1211
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-03-11

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by SupunD on Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:01 am

Well said prasa2004

SupunD
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Posts : 79
Equity Stars : 1024
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by nimantha80 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:52 am

yaa, the loser who comment everyday to ft.I can do a better job.

nimantha80
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 2258
Equity Stars : 5477
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2012-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by happybulls on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:22 am

I have never seen such a pessimistic so called expert. Why is he doing such poor job ?
avatar
happybulls
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Posts : 37
Equity Stars : 549
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-11-21
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by nimantha80 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:41 am

comments on recent up trend,Ane manda pissu wage matanam.

March 14(5979,down 40)
"Economy is also fragile. Still we are at a critical stage, so there is not a lot of buying," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.
"Only high risk takers are buying. Retailers, institutions and others are still out of the market and we expect the market to trade between 5,800 and 6,000 points in short term."


March 16(6021,up 50)
"Despite uncertainties, the market ended up. Selling pressure was absorbed for the day, but it is difficult to say for how long," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.
"Selling pressure is still there as investors are waiting to see the direction of the economy. At the moment, there is a gloomy economic outlook."

March 23(6073, up 15)

"The slow downward trend is continuing. A block deal pushed up the turnover," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.


March 24(6092,up 18)
"We expect this volatility to continue and market to trade between 5,800 and 6,000. Many investors are on the sidelines waiting to see the direction of the economy," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.


March 29(6031,down 30)
"There are no positive catalysts to push the market up. The index will come down further with foreign investors exiting intermittently and the expectation of further rate hike," said Yohan Samarakkody, head of research, SC Securities (Pvt) Ltd.


March 30(6040,up 9)
"There was a slight shift in sentiment with the central bank announcement. That instilled some level of confidence in the overall picture of the economy," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.
"But with interest rates on the rise, we don't see much improvement in the short term. The sentiment will improve in the medium-to-long term."


March 31(6073,up 30)

"The market is up on year-end buying," said Reshan Kurukulasuriya, Chief Operating Officer at Richard Pieris Securities Pvt Ltd, referring to the end of financial year for many listed firms including banks.
"It was due to window-dressing for the end of the financial year, and we don't expect much activities in April due to the festival holidays."


April 1(6083,up 11)

"Some positive sentiment continued among the broker community and investors. But the gains could be short-lived with interest rates being on the high side and fiscal side problems still not being addressed," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.


April 5(6159,up 79)

"It's a retail push," said Prashan Fernando, COO, Acuity Securities.


April 6(6165,up 6)

"Retail investors were trying to keep the market alive. But we expect the selling pressure to bounce back as interest rates remain high with the negative sentiment," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.


April 11(6275 flat)

"We are passing through a very uncertain period and there were retail activities in the market," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.
"Still, investors are worried over rising interest rates with high borrowing pressure.


April 12(6353,up 77)

"The IMF loan is seen as a positive factor," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.
"However, this gain is unsustainable given the higher interest rates. Until the IMF money comes in, probably by June, the government's borrowing requirement is going to be high, so the interest rates are also going to be high."


April 15(6401,up 4)
"The positive trend is continuing with the government implementing revenue measures and finalising the IMF loan, which are seen as positive," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.However, higher interest rates and lower March-quarter earnings could impact stocks in the short term, he added.


April 25( 6379,down 43)

"The selling pressure was there and we expect it to continue over the week due to the high interest rates and also the poor economic conditions," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.


April 26(6405,up 25)

"A sudden retail buying which came in the latter part of the day put some upward pressure on the market. We do not think it can sustain with the high interest rates and also the poor economic conditions," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd

April 29(6516 up 73)

It's purely on the IMF deal. The buying came in and we will see this trend continuing for a few more days," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.
"But it could be a short-lived one with expected poor earnings while interest rates have been on the rise," he said, referring to the increase in the market interest rates until last week as the central bank allowed the rise to ease the pressure on the rupee.


After all these we came to 6500.Remember we said it long ago.And in future also we will be correct.Whatever these people say it will be 6800 this month

nimantha80
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 2258
Equity Stars : 5477
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2012-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by charith666lk on Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Thnx nimantha for the summary.  Looks like this guy have some hidden agenda.

charith666lk
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 410
Equity Stars : 1211
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-03-11

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by samaritan on Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:43 pm

@happybulls wrote:I have never seen such a pessimistic so called expert. Why is he doing such poor job ?
B'cos he is a 'sadbull' not to be taken seriously.
avatar
samaritan
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 1284
Equity Stars : 2574
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2015-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by SLFINANCEWATCH on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:26 pm

This guy has access to few Companies.like Jins,cfvf,cocr,tafl..so he thinks all others perfom.poorly like them..How abt already released financials..
Also this so called analysis (Only few) think without them country will not go forward. This guy specially had the benefits from last regiem..He wants MR to back.
avatar
SLFINANCEWATCH
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 651
Equity Stars : 2057
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2014-01-28
Location : COLOMBO

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by nimantha80 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:20 pm

we know shres index and people.I wasted my morning cz of him.Anyway now you knw who to follow and not to.He can say anythin I say 6800 in May.

nimantha80
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 2258
Equity Stars : 5477
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2012-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by soileconomy on Sun May 01, 2016 12:32 pm

Dimantha Mathew is considered as a good research person.so far only few companies have released their results which we observe growth in their profits.The same reason of growth in results could be the temptation factor to release the results early.Accordingly we wait till half of companies issue their results ,them DM will be proved right.
Being negative does not mean he is a MR man.Being positive is not RW man.
I am with DM with 70% on market.Balance 30% is on selected counters.
Two months time will be enough to decide who is right...
avatar
soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 1027
Equity Stars : 4432
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 39
Location : Nebraska

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by charith666lk on Sun May 01, 2016 12:43 pm

Mr. Soileconomy just go through the nimanthas summary.  Nothing to prove here..

charith666lk
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 410
Equity Stars : 1211
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-03-11

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by cseguide on Sun May 01, 2016 2:51 pm

It is very pathetic to here that this type of guys giving wrong impression to investors in the outside. He can't say as poor earnings without seen them.
avatar
cseguide
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 843
Equity Stars : 3195
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by Chinwi on Sun May 01, 2016 8:36 pm

No one can change the direction of the economy by writing positively or negatively in forums and newspapers.

Different people look at different angles considering different theories and  facts based on their education and experience.

If you see Nimanha's summary you can see this.
The analyst thinks high interest rates will put adverse effect on stock market.
The theory is correct. Interest rates go up means selling pressure up . People will go away to get  fixed income .

In contrast, if the government succeed in restarting the  engines, balance the LKR, attract FDI, people will collect shares for future earnings. Hence, you cannot say high interest rates alone will put our market down.

My concern is not the quarter ended . (March 2016)
We have to rethink about every business considering new Tax rates. Buying power of the people will go down and may affect the profitability of some  companies. Coming two qtrs are critical.

Now we have seen the worst first 15 months recorded by any Government after the independence. If the leaders are not fools they will take necessary steps to improve the situation from this point. Delayed but starting to learn , especially the PM.

Hence,  I am watching very carefully. Shuffle time ahead.
avatar
Chinwi
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 2993
Equity Stars : 6235
Reputation : 394
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Asia

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by Yahapalanaya on Sun May 01, 2016 9:06 pm

@nimantha80 wrote:comments on recent up trend,Ane manda pissu wage matanam.

March 14(5979,down 40)
"Economy is also fragile. Still we are at a critical stage, so there is not a lot of buying," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.
"Only high risk takers are buying. Retailers, institutions and others are still out of the market and we expect the market to trade between 5,800 and 6,000 points in short term."


March 16(6021,up 50)
"Despite uncertainties, the market ended up. Selling pressure was absorbed for the day, but it is difficult to say for how long," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.
"Selling pressure is still there as investors are waiting to see the direction of the economy. At the moment, there is a gloomy economic outlook."

March 23(6073, up 15)

"The slow downward trend is continuing. A block deal pushed up the turnover," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.


March 24(6092,up 18)
"We expect this volatility to continue and market to trade between 5,800 and 6,000. Many investors are on the sidelines waiting to see the direction of the economy," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.


March 29(6031,down 30)
"There are no positive catalysts to push the market up. The index will come down further with foreign investors exiting intermittently and the expectation of further rate hike," said Yohan Samarakkody, head of research, SC Securities (Pvt) Ltd.


March 30(6040,up 9)
"There was a slight shift in sentiment with the central bank announcement. That instilled some level of confidence in the overall picture of the economy," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.
"But with interest rates on the rise, we don't see much improvement in the short term. The sentiment will improve in the medium-to-long term."


March 31(6073,up 30)

"The market is up on year-end buying," said Reshan Kurukulasuriya, Chief Operating Officer at Richard Pieris Securities Pvt Ltd, referring to the end of financial year for many listed firms including banks.
"It was due to window-dressing for the end of the financial year, and we don't expect much activities in April due to the festival holidays."


April 1(6083,up 11)

"Some positive sentiment continued among the broker community and investors. But the gains could be short-lived with interest rates being on the high side and fiscal side problems still not being addressed," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.


April 5(6159,up 79)

"It's a retail push," said Prashan Fernando, COO, Acuity Securities.


April 6(6165,up 6)

"Retail investors were trying to keep the market alive. But we expect the selling pressure to bounce back as interest rates remain high with the negative sentiment," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.


April 11(6275 flat)

"We are passing through a very uncertain period and there were retail activities in the market," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.
"Still, investors are worried over rising interest rates with high borrowing pressure.


April 12(6353,up 77)

"The IMF loan is seen as a positive factor," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.
"However, this gain is unsustainable given the higher interest rates. Until the IMF money comes in, probably by June, the government's borrowing requirement is going to be high, so the interest rates are also going to be high."


April 15(6401,up 4)
"The positive trend is continuing with the government implementing revenue measures and finalising the IMF loan, which are seen as positive," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.However, higher interest rates and lower March-quarter earnings could impact stocks in the short term, he added.


April 25( 6379,down 43)

"The selling pressure was there and we expect it to continue over the week due to the high interest rates and also the poor economic conditions," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.


April 26(6405,up 25)

"A sudden retail buying which came in the latter part of the day put some upward pressure on the market. We do not think it can sustain with the high interest rates and also the poor economic conditions," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd

April 29(6516 up 73)

It's purely on the IMF deal. The buying came in and we will see this trend continuing for a few more days," said Dimantha Mathew, head of research, First Capital Equities (Pvt) Ltd.
"But it could be a short-lived one with expected poor earnings while interest rates have been on the rise," he said, referring to the increase in the market interest rates until last week as the central bank allowed the rise to ease the pressure on the rupee.


After all these we came to 6500.Remember we said it long ago.And in future also we will be correct.Whatever these people say it will be 6800 this month
This shows the quality of so called experts.It is one sided.I have list out the positives of markets in different thread.I don't want to repeat here.
Even I am not same professional,i have learned and got experience of market behaviour.Market will definitely move towards 7000.
avatar
Yahapalanaya
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 1109
Equity Stars : 1878
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2015-06-07
Location : North America

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by prasa2004 on Tue May 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Guess what will Dimantha quote today? Will he accept he was wrong? Financials released today shows stellar performance. PABC done excellent and his interest theory is bunkum. If two minnows PABC and UBL showing this good results what can we expect from SAMPATH and HNB + Others? Even PMB has reduced losses hugely. HASU done well and good omen for JINS and AAIC.

prasa2004
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 119
Equity Stars : 2121
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by nimantha80 on Tue May 03, 2016 6:05 pm

redi eka eka galawi watewi

nimantha80
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 2258
Equity Stars : 5477
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2012-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by prasa2004 on Tue May 10, 2016 6:14 am

Are we still considering him an expert? Second batch of results released so far SAMP-HNB-LFIN -AAF all goes to show his high interest rates affecting banks margin is rubbish. At this rate Reuters will also lose their credibility by interviewing him

prasa2004
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 119
Equity Stars : 2121
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by soileconomy on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:45 am

Is he proactive?interest rates , foreign selling worries .
avatar
soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 1027
Equity Stars : 4432
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 39
Location : Nebraska

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by nimantha80 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:27 am

his prediction on earnings totally wrong.

Listed firms 1Q earnings gain 16% to Rs. 61 b


http://www.ft.lk/article/547896/Listed-firms-1Q-earnings-gain-16--to-Rs--61-b

nimantha80
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 2258
Equity Stars : 5477
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2012-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by Yahapalanaya on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:51 am

@nimantha80 wrote:his prediction on earnings totally wrong.

Listed firms 1Q earnings gain 16% to Rs. 61 b


http://www.ft.lk/article/547896/Listed-firms-1Q-earnings-gain-16--to-Rs--61-b
Good reply for some blind people.
avatar
Yahapalanaya
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 1109
Equity Stars : 1878
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2015-06-07
Location : North America

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by nimantha80 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:34 pm

I highlighted his pessimism and pretty sure  he so this post.Guess what he's changed 180 degrees.Now always possitive comments on market.Great work keep it up.May be we influenced it.

nimantha80
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 2258
Equity Stars : 5477
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2012-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by soileconomy on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:42 pm

Dimantha.it is your turn.      or dear readers it is over to you....
avatar
soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 1027
Equity Stars : 4432
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 39
Location : Nebraska

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by TARGET on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:19 am

Dimantha was right all the way

TARGET
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 434
Equity Stars : 721
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2016-06-29

Back to top Go down

Re: TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who is online?
In total there are 135 users online :: 10 Registered, 0 Hidden and 125 Guests

bullstreet, easthetic, indunil329, kumarweerarathne, Learner19, newer1, Quibit, sampath.anuradha, soileconomy, stockback

Most users ever online was 541 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:29 am
Statistics
We have 17053 registered users
The newest registered user is dinetha

Our users have posted a total of 322616 messages in 49543 subjects
Forum Rules & Guidelines
Sri Lanka Equity Analytic
Disclaimer

The information contained in this forum have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein.

www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever.

Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.