Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post

Latest topics

» BFN Price HOLDING ON AS THE DEAL COME CLOSER
by sanjulanka Today at 1:29 pm

» Financial Reports Q-3 2018
by ruwan326 Today at 11:52 am

» Another Finance sector deal UBC UBC UBC Deal
by kalu351 Today at 10:56 am

» BFN BFN BFN BFN BFN DEAL ......WITH CHINESE BANK
by kalu351 Today at 10:54 am

» MARKET RISE - GUARANTEED
by samaritan Today at 10:21 am

» #PM Crisis#
by samaritan Today at 9:41 am

» MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED
by Maharaja Today at 9:32 am

» ##FUN TOONS###
by ruwan326 Today at 7:43 am

» Q-TO-Q Financial Report-Financial Performance- Period ended 30 September 2018
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 9:00 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 8:12 pm

» CB raises key rates in surprise move to support currency
by Miss-Sangeetha Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» President rejects NCM brought against PM, Govt.
by ranferdi Yesterday at 2:36 pm

» DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS- OCT/NOV
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 1:59 pm

» SRI LANKA @ 2020
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 7:21 am

» Supreme Court issues stay order on Gazette dissolving Parliament
by THUWA Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:28 pm

» CSE THIS WEEK
by ruwan326 Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:27 am

» Veterans return to lead state banks
by ruwan326 Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:21 am

» Collect ODEL Range Rs. 23-25 .......Target Price over Rs.35
by soileconomy Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:54 pm

» අනං## මනං ##
by ruwan326 Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:52 pm

» JKH News & Reports
by ruwan326 Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:11 pm

» Survey - Individual Investors' Behaviour and Investment Performance
by eroshans Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:49 pm

» USD/MXN Can Face A Bearish Reversal
by GersonH Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:22 pm

» EURUSD breaks major horizontal support
by GersonH Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:18 pm

» EURCHF is headed south
by GersonH Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:14 pm

» EURUSD: the pair is close to the lower boundary of the B-B channel
by GersonH Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 pm

» Parliament dissolved from midnight ????????
by Yahapalanaya Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:24 pm

» JKH 1:20 Buy back trick.
by ranferdi Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:19 am

» Bitcoin Cash especially has a high chance
by GersonH Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:19 am

» USDCHF pivot point is at a level of 1.0095
by GersonH Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:17 am

» EURUSD: breakout of the upwards channel
by GersonH Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:15 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » NO GSP+ Within this year.....

NO GSP+ Within this year.....

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1 NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Mon May 09, 2016 9:42 pm

Brinthan

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
First topic message reminder :

[size=32]EU PROPOSES 58 HUMAN RIGHTS CONDITIONS TO RESUME GSP PLUS...[/size]


[size=32]Some of these conditions gvt can't impliment with in hurry...It takes some resonable time to acheive this....[/size]


[size=32]Some people compire with fish banned lift and gsp +...and mislead others also...The reason for fish banned is srilanka violate the international standerds in fishing activities...But in the case of the gsp+ withdrawn by the eu because of srilankan government failure for there human right activities...[/size]

 Among the 58 conditions   imposed are to revoke the Prevention of Terrorism Act, to expedite cases of remaining detainees, to introduce a new Human Rights Action Plan, review the status of the Tamil diaspora organisations and individuals on the terrorist list, to devolve power under the new Constitution, return all private lands to owners in the North, adopt a policy of National Reconciliation and on National Resettlement, finalise the re-settlement of all displaced persons, and to ratify the Convention on Enforced Disappearances with accompanying legislation as well as issue certificates of absence.


41 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:09 am

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@samaritan wrote:GSP+ RANIL WILL PULL IT OFF!


http://www.ft.lk/article/574325/Ranil-in-Brussels-to-win-back-GSP-



There is good news around the corner. EC in order to strengthen the present Govt in the backdrop of recent developments in the local political scene are bound in all probability to grant the GSP+ back to Sri Lanka. The market is poised for a mega bull run!
You are dreaming to bring back King.For you getting GSP+ EC conspiracy,if not Government failure.You people could destroy country for your personal gains.People are intelligent now.
The recent outburst by the President is b'cos of his own conscience that a large segment of the 'horu' are sitting with the Govt. Only people with conscience will understand this and not hypocrites like you. EU is not your Grandpa to grant GSP+ out of love & affection, they too work according to a political agenda!

42 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:20 am

Yahapalanaya


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@samaritan wrote:GSP+ RANIL WILL PULL IT OFF!


http://www.ft.lk/article/574325/Ranil-in-Brussels-to-win-back-GSP-



There is good news around the corner. EC in order to strengthen the present Govt in the backdrop of recent developments in the local political scene are bound in all probability to grant the GSP+ back to Sri Lanka. The market is poised for a mega bull run!
You are dreaming to bring back King.For you getting GSP+ EC conspiracy,if not Government failure.You people could destroy country for your personal gains.People are intelligent now.
The recent outburst by the President is b'cos of his own conscience that a large segment of the 'horu' are sitting with the Govt. Only people with conscience will understand this and not hypocrites like you. EU is not your Grandpa, they too work according to a political agenda!
Yes EC has no work so interfere with SL's internal politics.SL is important than India,China in SouthAsia.MR is greater threat to EC......You people can talk such talk another 10 or 15years.People are intellegent now. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

43 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:27 am

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@samaritan wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@samaritan wrote:GSP+ RANIL WILL PULL IT OFF!


http://www.ft.lk/article/574325/Ranil-in-Brussels-to-win-back-GSP-



There is good news around the corner. EC in order to strengthen the present Govt in the backdrop of recent developments in the local political scene are bound in all probability to grant the GSP+ back to Sri Lanka. The market is poised for a mega bull run!
You are dreaming to bring back King.For you getting GSP+ EC conspiracy,if not Government failure.You people could destroy country for your personal gains.People are intelligent now.
The recent outburst by the President is b'cos of his own conscience that a large segment of the 'horu' are sitting with the Govt. Only people with conscience will understand this and not hypocrites like you. EU is not your Grandpa, they too work according to a political agenda!
Yes EC has no work so interfere with SL's internal politics.SL is important than India,China in SouthAsia.MR is greater threat to EC......You people can talk such talk another 10 or 15years.People are intellegent now. :D :D :D
Your comparison of sharks with sprats exposes your degree of intelligence.

44 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:34 am

Vacations To Sri Lanka


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

45 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:37 pm

Brinthan


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
To get this GSP+ is not a easy task.PM told today in press confrence Next year definitly we can get GSP+.....

So friends NO GSP+ in this year...

46 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:52 pm

Brinthan

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
RW clearly mentioned the process consist with three steps and first it should be agree from EU Council Second EU commitee and next EU parliment...

Now srilanka submit its application to EU council...Wait n see for the good news in next year...

47 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:48 am

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Brinthan wrote:To get this GSP+ is not a easy task.PM told today in press confrence Next year definitly we can get GSP+.....

So friends NO GSP+ in this year...
So, TJL & MGT have to be laid to rest and exhumed next year.

48 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:14 pm

Brinthan

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
The full new consitution will submit to the parliment in Feb 2017...and RW today announce he will expect GSP+ in March to May 2017...

So the consitution is the turning point to get the GSP+...Is consitution pass without any problems..?This is the big task to RW more then get the GSP+ ...

49 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:39 pm

vic19

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
In my view for SL to get the GSP concession from the EU,  they should go to the USA rather than the EU.

why I say this ?

can you all remember , it is the US pressure that made EU to banned the Tigers even though the Norway ( then peace envoy ) said not to do that at that time........

now a days EU is like a toothless lion with so much of internal problems aggravated by the UK brexit and massive migrant crises.

EU will always listen and surrender to the US pressure.

wait till Hillary comes to power .

50 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:12 am

Brinthan

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@vic19 wrote:In my view for SL to get the GSP concession from the EU,  they should go to the USA rather than the EU.

why I say this ?

can you all remember , it is the US pressure that made EU to banned the Tigers even though the Norway ( then peace envoy ) said not to do that at that time........

now a days EU is like a toothless lion with so much of internal problems aggravated by the UK brexit and massive migrant crises.

EU will always listen and surrender to the US pressure.

wait till Hillary comes to power .
VIC19 sir ,What is the logic behind that wait till Hillary comes to power..?If Srilanka can get GSP+  with the help of USA why New Govrnment Wait these two years time..?The govrnment can ask obama to do this favour...and easily to get GSP+..without any problem...Hillary know Srilankas internal problems any one else..She is working under Obamas govenment also....

If u say wait till Trump comes to power..then i will accept to some extend...

51 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:06 am

EquityChamp

avatar
Moderator
TJL & MGT don't depend on GSP+ rather its only a bonus. The last two quarter results tell the story of how well they are doing without GSP+ so that your investment decision doesn't need to be biased towards that.

Why Vic19 is telling to wait till HC comes to power is HC loves Sri Lanka so much especially she loves to spend some time @ the Eastern coastal belt Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Razz

52 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:05 pm

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
EU's carrot GSP+

53 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:20 pm

Kashyapa Senarathne

avatar
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

54 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:17 am

Yahapalanaya

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:EU's carrot GSP+

You couldn't tolerate government getting GSP+ and business progress.Typical MARA gruop mentality.

55 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:21 am

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Making chocolates was not impressive enough to receive GSP+.

56 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:15 pm

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Meeting the conditions imposed by EU is not simple. Opposition out cries for those changes. Particularly revoke of prevention of terrorism act. Not easy to fulfill all requirements in this year. A part would be complied with. So regaining the GSP+ is expected within the first quarter in 2017 earliest.

Chinwi

avatar
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
GSP+ අදාල අපේ අපනයනයෙන් 17%කටයි.. 83%ක් අපනයනය කරන්නේ යුරෝපා හවුලෙන් පිටටයි.. – මහ බැංකු වාර්තා
උපුටා ගැනීමකි
එක්සත් රාජධානිය පසුගියදා පැවති ජනමත විචාරනයෙන් ඉන් ඉවත් වුනි. අප අපනයනය කල ප්‍රධාන රටවලින් දෙවෙනි විශාලතම අපනයනය සිදු වුනේ එක්සත් රාජධානියටය. එය සමස්ථ වාර්ෂික අපනයනයනයෙන් 9.87%කි. ඇමරිකාව අපගේ ලොකුම අපනයන වෙළෙඳපොළ වන අතර සමස්ථ වාර්ෂික අපනයනයනයෙන් 26.83% එරටට අපනයනය කරයි.

කොන්දේසි රාශියකට යටතේ නැවත ජිඑස්පී සහනය ශ්‍රීලංකාවට ලැබුනත් එය අප අපනයනයෙන් 17% කට පමණ පමණක් බලපායි.

එබැවින් මේ දිනවල ඉතා ඉහළින් යුරෝපා හවුලේ රටවල් සමඟ නැවත ජිඑස්පී සහනය ලබා ගැනිමට ගන්නා උත්සහය යම්කිසි ප්‍රමාණකය වාසියක් මිස සමස්ථ අපනයනයට එය එතරම්ම බලපෑමක් ඇති කිරීමට තරම් විශාල වෙළෙඳපොළක් නොවන බව නොවන බව මහ බැංකු හා රේගු වාර්තා සහතික කරයි.



Figures avr 2014/15


පහත දැක්වෙන්නේ කොමෙන්ටුවක උපුටා ගැනීමකි .
During the Rajapakse government, EU has withdrawn GSP+ on various pretexts.
UNP talked about 20,000 Job losses at the time. Sure, GSP+ like schemes helped us with our exports when our GDP was under US$1000. But Rajapakse government has raised this figure beyond US$3500 by 2014.

I say in the present circumstances GSP like schemes would hold us captive in labour intensive low-end manufacturing industries like garments. I mean GSP is good for servile paupers. Sri Lanka has passed that servile stage when we genuflected neo-cons a long time back. We have become more efficient and opened our business with many other countries since.
What more proof than exports of our family company have grown since to US $ 10 million.
We find difficult to recruit workers to start a new production line. We’re compelled to introduce high tech manufacturing. It is also true to say that with GSP+ like assistance there is no incentive for industrialists to improve manufacturing techniques.
බටහිරයන් කරන්නේ අපට GSP වැනි ගුලි ගිලින්නට දී උන්ට අවශ්‍යවූ විට එ්වා බෙල්ලේ හිර කරන බවට තර්ඡන කර උන්ට අවැසි දේ කර ගැනීමය්. මහින්ද බටහිරයන්ගේ GSP ගුලිය දියකර අැරි නිසා ජඩපාලනය එන තෙක් අපි යහතින් සිටියෙමු. ඒයය් අැත්ත කතාව.

58 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:46 am

stockback


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Chinwi wrote:GSP+ අදාල අපේ අපනයනයෙන් 17%කටයි.. 83%ක් අපනයනය කරන්නේ යුරෝපා හවුලෙන් පිටටයි.. – මහ බැංකු වාර්තා
උපුටා ගැනීමකි
එක්සත් රාජධානිය පසුගියදා පැවති ජනමත විචාරනයෙන් ඉන් ඉවත් වුනි. අප අපනයනය කල ප්‍රධාන රටවලින් දෙවෙනි විශාලතම අපනයනය සිදු වුනේ එක්සත් රාජධානියටය. එය සමස්ථ වාර්ෂික අපනයනයනයෙන් 9.87%කි. ඇමරිකාව අපගේ ලොකුම අපනයන වෙළෙඳපොළ වන අතර සමස්ථ වාර්ෂික අපනයනයනයෙන් 26.83% එරටට අපනයනය කරයි.

කොන්දේසි රාශියකට යටතේ නැවත ජිඑස්පී සහනය ශ්‍රීලංකාවට ලැබුනත් එය අප අපනයනයෙන් 17% කට පමණ පමණක් බලපායි.

එබැවින් මේ දිනවල ඉතා ඉහළින් යුරෝපා හවුලේ රටවල් සමඟ නැවත ජිඑස්පී සහනය ලබා ගැනිමට ගන්නා උත්සහය යම්කිසි ප්‍රමාණකය වාසියක් මිස සමස්ථ අපනයනයට එය එතරම්ම බලපෑමක් ඇති කිරීමට තරම් විශාල වෙළෙඳපොළක් නොවන බව නොවන බව මහ බැංකු හා රේගු වාර්තා සහතික කරයි.



Figures avr 2014/15


පහත දැක්වෙන්නේ කොමෙන්ටුවක උපුටා ගැනීමකි .
During the Rajapakse government, EU has withdrawn GSP+ on various pretexts.
UNP talked about 20,000 Job losses at the time. Sure, GSP+ like schemes helped us with our exports when our GDP was under US$1000. But Rajapakse government has raised this figure beyond US$3500 by 2014.

I say in the present circumstances GSP like schemes would hold us captive in labour intensive low-end manufacturing industries like garments. I mean GSP is good for servile paupers. Sri Lanka has passed that servile stage when we genuflected neo-cons a long time back. We have become more efficient and opened our business with many other countries since.
What more proof than exports of our family company have grown since to US $ 10 million.
We find difficult to recruit workers to start a new production line. We’re compelled to introduce high tech manufacturing. It is also true to say that with GSP+ like assistance there is no incentive for industrialists to improve manufacturing techniques.
බටහිරයන් කරන්නේ අපට GSP වැනි ගුලි ගිලින්නට දී උන්ට අවශ්‍යවූ විට එ්වා බෙල්ලේ හිර කරන බවට තර්ඡන කර උන්ට අවැසි දේ කර ගැනීමය්. මහින්ද බටහිරයන්ගේ GSP ගුලිය දියකර අැරි නිසා ජඩපාලනය එන තෙක් අපි යහතින් සිටියෙමු. ඒයය් අැත්ත කතාව.


hadannama baha. therum gannema naha.

Drop wela thiyena eka up karanna neda GSP+hooyanne.

ane manda........

59 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm

Brinthan

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Brinthan wrote:Now lets see above my first post and we sepearate what are the factors still need to be done by the govenment of Srilanka to get GSP+...

1)To devolve power under the New consitution
2)New terrisom Act
3)Introduce new Human right action plan

Other factors for some extend the gvt achieved.

These are the three factors gvt need to be done to get GSP+.So I am 200% sure ,No GSP+ for this year...
What i was predicted before 3 weeks...These 3 factors are main condition to get GSP+ and it confirmed by EU visitors...Will see how government take this challenge...?

60 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:59 pm

Chinwi

avatar
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
... another one is there.

Last week the Govt. appointed a committee to change Muslim Marriage law.

EU has said under present law Sri Lankan Muslims can  marry under aged girls and they insist a change if we want GSP.

I think this will be a long process. The committee may take some time to give suggestions. The parliament has to change the law as EU wanted . I hope no objections from locals .

61 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:32 am

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Chinwi wrote:... another one is there.

Last week the Govt. appointed a committee to change Muslim Marriage law.

EU has said under present law Sri Lankan Muslims can  marry under aged girls and they insist a change if we want GSP.

I think this will be a long process. The committee may take some time to give suggestions. The parliament has to change the law as EU wanted . I hope no objections from locals .
KUDOS TO EU!

In my opinion all Sri Lankans should be in favor of this change as abuse of under aged girls in the name of marriage is unacceptable in a civilized society.
Child bride, 13, dies of internal injuries four days after arranged marriage in Yemen
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1264729/Child-bride-13-dies-internal-injuries-days-arranged-marriage-Yemen.html


http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/25/man-65-marries-12-year-old-in-times-square-for-social-experiment-people-get-really-angry-5716937/

62 Re: NO GSP+ Within this year..... on Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:44 pm

Chinwi

avatar
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@Chinwi wrote:... another one is there.

Last week the Govt. appointed a committee to change Muslim Marriage law.

EU has said under present law Sri Lankan Muslims can  marry under aged girls and they insist a change if we want GSP.

 I hope no objections from locals .


Huta !  




Scores of Muslims in Sri Lanka affiliated with a Wahhibist group – the Sri Lanka Thawheed Jama’ath (SLTJ) Organisation – took to the streets of Colombo to demand government officials keep intact their Islam-based authority to marry girls as young as 12.








විවාහය සඳහා අවම වයසක් පැනවීම ප්‍රායෝගික නොවේ ලු !
බෝඩ් එක උස්සන් ඉන්න කෙල්ල ඒක දන්නව ඇති.  

මේ පොඩි   පිරිමි ලමයට​ දීල තියෙන බෝඩ් එකේ තියෙන දේවල් !


ඔන්න ලංකාවෙ මිනිස්සු දැන් තෝර ගන්න  ​.

GSP+ ද  බාල වයසේ දැරිවියක් සහේට ගැනීමද     ?

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum