Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post

Latest topics

» රැවටෙන්න එපා ..විකුන්නන එපා ..ණයට ගන්න එපා .BFN - JINS එකතු කරන්නා හෙට දිනනනවා
by kalu351 Today at 9:30 pm

» BFN ගනු දෙනුව වෙනවා ..
by kalu351 Today at 9:29 pm

» NDB wins Banking Sector National Business Excellence Award 2018
by MarketWch Today at 5:33 pm

» NDB declared ‘Bank of the Year’ by The Banker, UK
by MarketWch Today at 5:33 pm

» Market will RISE expecting a MR Led new government
by samaritan Today at 1:52 pm

» ##FUN TOONS###
by ruwan326 Today at 11:41 am

» CSE THIS WEEK
by ruwan326 Today at 11:37 am

» CROSSINGS TODAY
by ruwan326 Today at 11:31 am

» Summary of Key Announcements during the week
by ruwan326 Today at 11:25 am

» No worries about BFN Deal .i
by ruwan326 Today at 11:21 am

» CSE WEEKLY
by ruwan326 Today at 11:13 am

» FOREIGN NEWS
by ruwan326 Today at 11:10 am

» Dealing by directors
by ruwan326 Today at 10:55 am

» ALHP WILL MOVE UP from next MONDAY
by aklt Today at 10:47 am

» ඔරියන්ට් ෆ්යිනැන්ස් -විකිනීම ස්තිරයි - අද ද අයිලන්ඩ් පුවත් පත බලන්න 2020 වෙනකම් පුලුවන් නම් තියා ගන්න - අදහා ගන්න බැරි ආදායමක් ලබන්න
by ruwan326 Today at 10:33 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by ruwan326 Today at 10:11 am

» @RANFERDI, YAhapalan, In which list are you? Puravesi Lithro List, or Kiriella List or other list
by ranferdi Today at 9:06 am

» #PM Crisis#
by ranferdi Today at 9:05 am

» Stocks don’t go up and stay up because of stories, tips, or people’s opinions
by ruwan326 Today at 9:00 am

» FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS IMPAIRMENT COST
by Yahapalanaya Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:10 pm

» MONTH PEACE & HAPPINESS
by Ryan Hudson Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:40 pm

» JINS NO DEAL YET - BFN IS ON AND POSITIVE -CHECK THE COMPNAY ANNOUNCEMENT CAREFULLY - NO NOTHING ABOUT BFN
by kalu351 Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:03 pm

» Will ALHP be eliminated from the CSE?
by wisdom79 Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:41 pm

» Is TKYO.N0000 a Sleeping Giant
by aklt Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:52 pm

» FINALY – BFN – TAKE OVER NEWS IS OUT OFFICIALY -DONT SELL BELOW 20 TRY TO BUY AT CURRENT 15-17 LEVELS
by Equity Suda Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:57 pm

» PLAYERS PICK OF THE DAY
by ruwan326 Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:39 am

» JINS – LIFE FOR SALE – ALONG WITH BFN - BUY BUY BUY
by kalu351 Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:49 pm

» JINS – DON’T BUY BEYOND 30 – DEAL IS AT 30 BFN - BUY BELOW 22 – DEAL IS AT 25
by kalu351 Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:47 pm

» EQUVITY BROKERS AND BARTLEETS COLLECTING BFN -DONT SELL
by kalu351 Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:45 pm

» BFN DONT SELL EVEN AYT 17 COLLECT NOW - PRICE IS 25
by ruwan326 Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:13 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » what a JOKE

what a JOKE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 what a JOKE on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:12 pm

vic19

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Basil Rajapakshe  was arrested for some alleged crime.

and what he does, you guessed it............. get admitted to the hospital for a medical check up.

WHAT A JOKE IS THIS ?

how come the Sri Lankan justice system do not look into this very CLEAR  abuse by this so called big headed egoistic politicians ?

I would like to know the views from the man  " CHINWI " , who is very well known to support rajapakshe gang.

if this practice continues how can the general public expect justice.

does the same treatment offered to the general public as well in sri lanka when they get arrested for mega crime ?

what a JOKE the justice system in Sri Lanka. corrupt to the sky. Evil or Very Mad  

thanks

2 Re: what a JOKE on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:05 am

Yahapalanaya

Vice President - Equity Analytics
@vic19 wrote:Basil Rajapakshe  was arrested for some alleged crime.

and what he does, you guessed it............. get admitted to the hospital for a medical check up.

WHAT A JOKE IS THIS ?

how come the Sri Lankan justice system do not look into this very CLEAR  abuse by this so called big headed egoistic politicians ?

I would like to know the views from the man  " CHINWI " , who is very well known to support rajapakshe gang.

if this practice continues how can the general public expect justice.

does the same treatment offered to the general public as well in sri lanka when they get arrested for mega crime ?

what a JOKE the justice system in Sri Lanka. corrupt to the sky. Evil or Very Mad  

thanks
Yes.Thosewho steal 100Rs for hungry cannot come out from jail.But stealing million $ or murderers can come out in bail or go to hospital.Something somewhere wrong.It is up to law experts.

3 Re: what a JOKE on Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:19 am

worthiness

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Admirable but unbelievable country. Talk too much about good governance of Jurisdiction, the right & power to interpret and apply the law. 
Does Sri Lanka maintain two three systems of Justice meant one for politicians, another for rich people & toughest law for poor community. What a shame. Why? People should vehemently protest for growing inequality among different classes.

4 Re: what a JOKE on Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:52 am

Chinwi

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@vic19 wrote:I would like to know the views from the man  " CHINWI " , who is very well known to support rajapakshe gang.

I thought Rajapaksas are not ruling the country at the moment.
You have to ask relevant people how and why they do not rule as you all have expected. .

BTW,
charge for Basil was (as per media) allocating some funds from a Government Department to assist Local Government bodies. (Providing GI pipes)

If you are interested, just find out how many Departments and projects allocate some percentage of  funds they receive to support other government institutes.  
I have worked as the resource  person to  improve computer literacy of the people who were attached to  Local Govt and Other Govt. institutes in Southern Province when I was working in completely unrelated department. Our project provided them hardware also. Computers, printers , intranet + training by myself. Funding for hardware, my travelling , accommodation and remuneration was from a Govt. Department which had no direct connection with local govt. bodies.

When you receive big funds, it is a customary to allocate some small % to help other institutes and their employees. Supporting other bodies is a normal act and included in estimates.
Not only to other institutes, mainly in projects, they allocate about 3-5% to help staff grade officials to complete their higher education (mainly MSc and other post Grad. Diplomas )  in Europe, Japan etc. and send others in short term trips in Asian countries such as India  and Thailand.

All these are approved and well practiced general ways of doing in the Government, Even today .  Ultimately all the funds are coming and going to same place.

Now do not  blame me . I am not 100% supportive for these things , specially for how they select people sending abroad.
Boss la ge pandam karayan ,  Minister's choices come into the lists removing suitable people. Normally if you send 10 people abroad in a tour, the minister keeps 2-3  places for his men. So you can send only 7 form actual list. Even from that 7 names, around 2 will be replaced by Directors and influential people in head offices and in ministries  when they type the final list to get the approval from Minister. Ultimately only 5 from real workers get the chance.

This is only one unknown story for general public. Yahapalanaya   will never change these things. Because they have to satisfy their henchmen. That is the reality.
Allocating funds to buy GI pipes for local govt. bodies is not a crime in any law book.

5 Re: what a JOKE on Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:08 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

Higher officer of Divineguma told me Divineguma funds were distributed
for election purposes When i visited to see him in prison hospital

The officer was an honest and hard working person mislead by ........ as far as i know

This is also first hand information

6 Re: what a JOKE on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:17 pm

worthiness

Any wrongdoer with the highest power & authority can easily creep through so called law & order. At one point, they totally become paralyzed while paying for misdeeds & immoral behavior through with in current life cycle.

7 Re: what a JOKE on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Yahapalanaya

Going to jail like King and next day coming in wheel chair laughing like they fooled everyone.Where is the problem judicilal or Doctor who recommend medical check up for these people...International judges would be justified if we don't stop this dangerous trend.

8 Re: what a JOKE on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:49 pm

Chinwi

@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:Higher officer of Divineguma told me Divineguma funds were distributed
for election purposes When i visited to see him in prison hospital

The officer was an honest and hard working person mislead by ........ as far as i know

This is also first hand information

This is possible and happening in many forms.

Eg. You launch a support program in you Department to give roof sheets to selected poor people of the area. You can easily put your political supporters to the list. They can sell and earn money. Not only that, you buy material from a particular company and they support your political propaganda by paying money to organizers.

In bigger outlook, talk in the town is that billions siphoned from infamous TB drama was used for parliament election by a particular party and the big man lost the job but he is innocent.

Anything is possible in this political culture.

9 Re: what a JOKE on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:02 am

hettdas

@Yahapalanaya wrote:Going to jail like King and next day coming in wheel chair laughing like they fooled everyone.Where is the problem judicilal or Doctor who recommend medical check up for these people...International judges would be justified if we don't stop this dangerous trend.

Those doctors who recommend those crooks for medical check up must be checked by Sri lanka medical council(SLMC). Otherwise no point of having SLMC. Now their main job is to ban Private medical colleges. Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum