Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post

Latest topics

» BFN ගනු දෙනුව වෙනවා ..
by nosf766 Today at 12:16 pm

» රැවටෙන්න එපා ..විකුන්නන එපා ..ණයට ගන්න එපා .BFN - JINS එකතු කරන්නා හෙට දිනනනවා
by Gambino7 Today at 9:45 am

» SRI LANKA @ 2020
by ruwan326 Today at 9:36 am

» Financial Reports Q-3 2018
by ruwan326 Today at 9:26 am

» ##FUN TOONS###
by ruwan326 Today at 9:14 am

» CROSSINGS TODAY
by ruwan326 Today at 9:08 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by ruwan326 Today at 9:02 am

» NDB declared ‘Bank of the Year’ by The Banker, UK
by ruwan326 Today at 8:41 am

» NDB wins Banking Sector National Business Excellence Award 2018
by MarketWch Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Market will RISE expecting a MR Led new government
by samaritan Yesterday at 1:52 pm

» CSE THIS WEEK
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 11:37 am

» Summary of Key Announcements during the week
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 11:25 am

» No worries about BFN Deal .i
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 11:21 am

» CSE WEEKLY
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 11:13 am

» FOREIGN NEWS
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 11:10 am

» Dealing by directors
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 10:55 am

» ALHP WILL MOVE UP from next MONDAY
by aklt Yesterday at 10:47 am

» ඔරියන්ට් ෆ්යිනැන්ස් -විකිනීම ස්තිරයි - අද ද අයිලන්ඩ් පුවත් පත බලන්න 2020 වෙනකම් පුලුවන් නම් තියා ගන්න - අදහා ගන්න බැරි ආදායමක් ලබන්න
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 10:33 am

» @RANFERDI, YAhapalan, In which list are you? Puravesi Lithro List, or Kiriella List or other list
by ranferdi Yesterday at 9:06 am

» #PM Crisis#
by ranferdi Yesterday at 9:05 am

» Stocks don’t go up and stay up because of stories, tips, or people’s opinions
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 9:00 am

» FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS IMPAIRMENT COST
by Yahapalanaya Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:10 pm

» MONTH PEACE & HAPPINESS
by Ryan Hudson Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:40 pm

» JINS NO DEAL YET - BFN IS ON AND POSITIVE -CHECK THE COMPNAY ANNOUNCEMENT CAREFULLY - NO NOTHING ABOUT BFN
by kalu351 Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:03 pm

» Will ALHP be eliminated from the CSE?
by wisdom79 Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:41 pm

» Is TKYO.N0000 a Sleeping Giant
by aklt Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:52 pm

» FINALY – BFN – TAKE OVER NEWS IS OUT OFFICIALY -DONT SELL BELOW 20 TRY TO BUY AT CURRENT 15-17 LEVELS
by Equity Suda Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:57 pm

» PLAYERS PICK OF THE DAY
by ruwan326 Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:39 am

» JINS – LIFE FOR SALE – ALONG WITH BFN - BUY BUY BUY
by kalu351 Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:49 pm

» JINS – DON’T BUY BEYOND 30 – DEAL IS AT 30 BFN - BUY BELOW 22 – DEAL IS AT 25
by kalu351 Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:47 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Experts, what is/Are next TJL,ACL ?

Experts, what is/Are next TJL,ACL ?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Experts, what is/Are next TJL,ACL ? on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:57 pm

omegaplus

avatar
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
I'm trying to find what is/ what are the companies well managed and have a good future.Companies like TJL, ACL few years back. Good solid management with great strategies and plans.
Any ideas from experts?

2 Re: Experts, what is/Are next TJL,ACL ? on Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:39 pm

omegaplus

avatar
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Question Seems no one don't know  Rolling Eyes Neutral

3 Re: Experts, what is/Are next TJL,ACL ? on Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:57 pm

ranferdi

avatar
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@omegaplus wrote:Question Seems no one don't know  Rolling Eyes Neutral

I am positive on PCHH and CSF due to change in business model.

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

4 Re: Experts, what is/Are next TJL,ACL ? on Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:55 am

omegaplus

avatar
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@ranferdi wrote:
@omegaplus wrote:Question Seems no one don't know  Rolling Eyes Neutral

I am positive on PCHH and CSF due to change in business model.
Thanks... I will have a look, Don't know much about those companies ATM.

5 Re: Experts, what is/Are next TJL,ACL ? on Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:22 pm

ifenny

avatar
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
I'm also having same question in my mind and doing some research. But apparently there are no much such companies in CSE which has not already appreciated. Below are companies under my Radar.

ALUM - High potential to grow, good management. Backing of HAYL.

UBC - Revived business model, Backing of Foreign investor and increasing branch network. I have noticed bank has installed ATM networks in rural areas as well, where could be converted as mini branches in the future.

VPEL - If current consideration of overseas expansions works out, this counter would provide better returns.

I'm not a veteran, but these are counters I identified with ongoing research Smile  opinions are welcome from senior members.

6 Re: Experts, what is/Are next TJL,ACL ? on Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:42 pm

omegaplus

avatar
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@ifenny wrote:I'm also having same question in my mind and doing some research. But apparently there are no much such companies in CSE which has not already appreciated. Below are companies under my Radar.

ALUM - High potential to grow, good management. Backing of HAYL.

UBC - Revived business model, Backing of Foreign investor and increasing branch network. I have noticed bank has installed ATM networks in rural areas as well, where could be converted as mini branches in the future.

VPEL - If current consideration of overseas expansions works out, this counter would provide better returns.

I'm not a veteran, but these are counters I identified with ongoing research Smile  opinions are welcome from senior members.

Hi Thank you, Yes I know there are so many promotions going on , so not easy to find genuinely good stocks. 
I was Looking at ALUM, with all contractions going on. But don't know much about management and company structure. 
VPEL seems good. 
Have to look in to those companies, but companies like TJL, ACL had solid performance, returns on assets, profits as well as expansions.

7 Re: Experts, what is/Are next TJL,ACL ? on Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:42 pm

Chinwi

avatar
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@ranferdi wrote:
I am positive on PCHH and CSF due to change in business model.


CSF maintained their buoyancy (in business) this quarter to keep our hopes.   Gave bad signal as  their NAVPS has gone down considerably compared to last report.   But if we see the latest report they have corrected the NAVPS they gave in March report.  Earlier it was 1 Rupee but now lowered and that means it has not gone down for last 3 months. .... a fact to think in many directions..

Surprisingly my inner sense ask me to trust PCHH than CSF. !
May be due to the different businesses the two are involved.
PCHH also in micro credit but my  bet is on Activated Carbon (and the Chairman too.)

BTW  mistakenly bought few thousands @ 2/- last WED or THU  (If you put your buying price in sell window and change sell to buy, the bid price you just entered change -go up- automatically to match the seller. You have to adjust your buying price again.  If not careful, you in trouble. )

Carbon is black because they absorb more light.  When they are activated they gain value , absorb harmful substance and become blacker than  Kaluma Kalu Kaputa.

8 Re: Experts, what is/Are next TJL,ACL ? on Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:04 pm

TARGET


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Thanks Chinwi.  Got the idea. Very Happy

9 Re: Experts, what is/Are next TJL,ACL ? on Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:01 pm

omegaplus

avatar
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Chinwi wrote:
@ranferdi wrote:
I am positive on PCHH and CSF due to change in business model.


CSF maintained their buoyancy (in business) this quarter to keep our hopes.   Gave bad signal as  their NAVPS has gone down considerably compared to last report.   But if we see the latest report they have corrected the NAVPS they gave in March report.  Earlier it was 1 Rupee but now lowered  and that means it has not gone down for last 3 months. .... a fact to think in many directions..

Surprisingly my inner sense ask me to trust PCHH than CSF. !
May be due to the different businesses the two are involved.
PCHH also in micro credit but my  bet is on Activated Carbon (and the Chairman too.)

BTW  mistakenly bought few thousands @ 2/- last WED or THU  (If you put your buying price  in sell window and  change sell to buy, the bid price you just entered change -go up- automatically to match the seller. You have to adjust your buying price again.  If not careful, you in trouble. )

Carbon is black because they absorb more light.  When they are activated they gain value , absorb harmful substance and become blacker than  Kaluma Kalu Kaputa.
Thank you Chinwi.  Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum