Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post

Latest topics

» MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED
by sanjulanka Today at 11:06 am

» News Behind CTCE.N0000 Running?
by ruwan326 Today at 10:40 am

» ##FUN TOONS###
by ruwan326 Today at 10:35 am

» #PM Crisis#
by samaritan Today at 9:51 am

» දුනාමි CSEC කැපිටල් එක 98% ජනශක්ති සමූහය මිලයට ගන්නෙත් BFN ගනුදෙනුව ස්තිරවම වෙන නිසා කියලයි තතු දත්තෝ කියන්නේ
by ruwan326 Today at 9:22 am

» FOR all the BFN/CFVF/JINS Promoters
by ruwan326 Today at 8:25 am

» HDFC is the luckiest bank!
by easthetic Today at 7:47 am

» GOOD COUNTERS AT THE MOMENT
by sanjulanka Today at 6:49 am

» CROSSINGS TODAY
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 8:37 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 8:35 pm

» CTCE and JINS
by Agape Yesterday at 5:36 pm

» Asia Asset Finance announces Rs. 425 mn IPO
by Chillr_25 Yesterday at 2:48 pm

» SRI LANKA @ 2020
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 1:25 pm

» PLAYERS PICK OF THE DAY
by sheildskye Yesterday at 12:08 pm

» CSE THIS WEEK
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 11:03 am

» @RANFERDI, YAhapalan, In which list are you? Puravesi Lithro List, or Kiriella List or other list
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 10:27 am

» Keep eye on ASIY
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 10:23 am

» BFN ගනු දෙනුව වෙනවා ..
by Equity Suda Yesterday at 9:48 am

» BFN - JINS - UBC - අද මෙම කොටස් හුවමාරු වුනු ප්‍රමාණ සහ ආකාරය බලන්න
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 9:48 am

» Confidence is every part of trading.
by ruwan326 Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:34 pm

» අනං## මනං ##
by ruwan326 Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:46 pm

» DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS- OCT/NOV
by ruwan326 Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:27 pm

» FOREIGN NEWS
by ruwan326 Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:15 pm

» JINS - BFN DELAS 100% SURE මතකද . ජනශක්ති GENERAL සමාගම වික්ක හැටි - එක පාරටම
by sanjulanka Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:12 pm

» UAL artifically pushed up - beware!
by nosf766 Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:20 pm

» Financial Reports Q-3 2018
by ruwan326 Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:09 am

» රැවටෙන්න එපා ..විකුන්නන එපා ..ණයට ගන්න එපා .BFN - JINS එකතු කරන්නා හෙට දිනනනවා
by sanjulanka Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:09 am

» NDB declared ‘Bank of the Year’ by The Banker, UK
by ruwan326 Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:41 am

» NDB wins Banking Sector National Business Excellence Award 2018
by MarketWch Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:33 pm

» Market will RISE expecting a MR Led new government
by samaritan Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:52 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Name a stock for short term???

Name a stock for short term???

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Name a stock for short term??? on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:48 pm

hiransilva23


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Hu can name a stock for short term???i hav a small amount for invest.bt i need to get it withing one month.is it riscky???will it gv me a good return in one month??

2 Re: Name a stock for short term??? on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:59 pm

kasun333


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
buy GHLL:N

3 Re: Name a stock for short term??? on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:08 pm

Brinthan

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Mr.Hiran still your not changed..Don't ask anyone what is the good stock.to buy...Even your broker.Read forum articals , recommendations and promotions and Try to analyse your own...GL



Last edited by Brinthan on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

4 Re: Name a stock for short term??? on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:10 pm

Garayaka


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
For short term, better consider FD than share market.

5 Re: Name a stock for short term??? on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:17 pm

hiransilva23


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
At garayaka,smtims im also feeling dt.

At brinthan thanks bro.i feel positive abt sm stocks.bt wen forum member named counters i cn get a beat idea.dt y i opened a thred like this

6 Re: Name a stock for short term??? on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:21 pm

EquityChamp

avatar
Moderator
You have to improve your English a bit as well bro. Think about KAPI, GRAN, GHLL or TJL.

7 Re: Name a stock for short term??? on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:31 pm

hiransilva23


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Thnks EC.Gran n ghll already in my list.last time alao kapi was vry bullish.Bt after d quater results it came down.cn v hope good results in this quater???

8 Re: Name a stock for short term??? on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:32 pm

Brinthan

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@EquityChamp wrote:You have to improve your English a bit as well bro. Think about KAPI, GRAN, GHLL or TJL.
EC Sir,What is the reason valid reason behind this ghll...I don't get any special reason...Only one small advantage is port city...But i don't think this is not the valid reason...

9 Re: Name a stock for short term??? on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Brinthan

avatar
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@EquityChamp wrote:You have to improve your English a bit as well bro. Think about KAPI, GRAN, GHLL or TJL.
EC Sir,What is the valid reason behind this ghll...I don't get any special reason...Only one small advantage is port city...But i don't think this is not the valid reason...

10 Re: Name a stock for short term??? on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:10 pm

EquityChamp

avatar
Moderator
Ok since you ask I'll explain.

GHLL EPS 2014 - 0.32
GHLL EPS 2015 - 0.46
GHLL EPS 2016(E) - 0.90

4Q trailing PE is 19.3x with a price to book value of 0.6x. Industry PE is 58. Which means the stock is currently trading at a 67% discount compared to industry and 40% discount compared to its net asset value. if you value the stock based on forecasted earnings for 2016 its PE is 13.4x. All these shows its an undervalued stock. Further following points need to keep in mind.
97% of the issued quantity is owned by top 20 shareholders
With the resumption of the port city project the hotel's occupancies are expected to rise rapidly in short term as well as long term plus the land value to increase dramatically.

so based on current financials and future developments I can see lot of value in this stock. And I think investors have spot on this now.

Hope I explain enough to make a decision.

11 Re: Name a stock for short term??? on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:31 pm

stockback


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@hiransilva23 wrote:Hu can name a stock for short term???i hav a small amount for invest.bt i need to get it withing one month.is it riscky???will it gv me a good return in one month??


HEXP wikkada?

stocks walata love karanna epa. mama tikak drink eka dala inne saha danagaman. waradi deyak kiuwoth samaha weyan machan.

buy with the trend sale end of the trend (dont sale after trend)

12 Re: Name a stock for short term??? on Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:10 am

Gainer

avatar
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@EquityChamp wrote:Ok since you ask I'll explain.

GHLL EPS 2014 - 0.32
GHLL EPS 2015 - 0.46
GHLL EPS 2016(E) - 0.90

4Q trailing PE is 19.3x with a price to book value of 0.6x. Industry PE is 58. Which means the stock is currently trading at a 67% discount compared to industry and 40% discount compared to its net asset value. if you value the stock based on forecasted earnings for 2016 its PE is 13.4x. All these shows its an undervalued stock. Further following points need to keep in mind.
97% of the issued quantity is owned by top 20 shareholders
With the resumption of the port city project the hotel's occupancies are expected to rise rapidly in short term as well as long term plus the land value to increase dramatically.

so based on current financials and future developments I can see lot of value in this stock. And I think investors have spot on this now.

Hope I explain enough to make a decision.
yes GHLL short term winner

13 Re: Name a stock for short term??? on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:48 am

kadik


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@stockback wrote:
@hiransilva23 wrote:Hu can name a stock for short term???i hav a small amount for invest.bt i need to get it withing one month.is it riscky???will it gv me a good return in one month??


HEXP wikkada?

stocks walata love karanna epa. mama tikak drink eka dala inne saha danagaman. waradi deyak kiuwoth samaha weyan machan.

buy with the trend sale end of the trend (dont sale after trend)
 HEXP wikkanam aye ganna....
It is the best share for short term.......... cherry cherry cherry cherry

14 Re: Name a stock for short term??? on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:58 pm

EquityChamp

avatar
Moderator
@EquityChamp wrote:Ok since you ask I'll explain.

GHLL EPS 2014 - 0.32
GHLL EPS 2015 - 0.46
GHLL EPS 2016(E) - 0.90

4Q trailing PE is 19.3x with a price to book value of 0.6x. Industry PE is 58. Which means the stock is currently trading at a 67% discount compared to industry and 40% discount compared to its net asset value. if you value the stock based on forecasted earnings for 2016 its PE is 13.4x. All these shows its an undervalued stock. Further following points need to keep in mind.
97% of the issued quantity is owned by top 20 shareholders
With the resumption of the port city project the hotel's occupancies are expected to rise rapidly in short term as well as long term plus the land value to increase dramatically.

so based on current financials and future developments I can see lot of value in this stock. And I think investors have spot on this now.

Hope I explain enough to make a decision.

Not only me but I think many have now seen the value of this stock. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum