Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post

Latest topics

» CASH RICH REXP
by EPS Yesterday at 9:20 pm

» Earn Over 100% Profit Monthly In Forex Account Management
by princess111 Yesterday at 6:41 pm

» Weekly Stock Market Roundup
by Insights Equity Yesterday at 4:28 pm

» ලංකාවට වැස්ස කෘතිම වැස්ස..is it required for Sri Lanka?
by Uaecoindubai Yesterday at 12:03 pm

» What Sri Lanka can do to improve the credibility of Rupee
by Sstar Yesterday at 11:30 am

» UBC - What is going on
by Soilconomy Yesterday at 6:47 am

» UBC TO HIT 24 ??
by Soilconomy Yesterday at 6:47 am

» UBC - Stake up by big invester
by Soilconomy Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Sad situation of expressway !!!!
by Yahapalanaya Yesterday at 4:12 am

» GOLDEN ERA
by soileconomy Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:14 pm

» Daily Stock Market Update
by Insights Equity Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:20 pm

» INSURANCE companies finally falling!
by nosf766 Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:00 pm

» Cinnamon Grand now Topless without Rohan Karr
by ChooBoy Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:47 pm

» MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED
by Maharaja Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:47 pm

» Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted?
by ChooBoy Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:44 am

» Profitable Forex Copy (over 100% profit monthly)
by princess111 Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:02 am

» SEC Chief welcomes PM’s remark on EPF’s return to stock market
by kalu351 Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:16 am

» පැලවත්ත කිරි සමාගම කොටස් වෙළද පොළට,DRINK pelawaththa milk & help sri lanka
by Miss-Sangeetha Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:39 pm

» CSE is promoting Life Insurance companies whilst Stock Market is crashing.
by ChooBoy Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:35 pm

» Singapore rejects Sri Lankan leader’s allegation on trading scam suspect
by Yahapalanaya Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:18 am

» BALA.N potential
by Yahapalanaya Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:39 am

» Sri lanka tourism income reached 4.4 billion USD 2019
by Yahapalanaya Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:03 pm

» presidential election very soon ?
by Yahapalanaya Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:01 pm

» AEL.N0000 is the Next AAIC.N0000 -
by Trader321 Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:37 pm

» World Bank approves USD70Mn to Sri Lanka
by Sstar Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:13 am

» Sri Lanka shares end little changed; rupee rises
by Miss-Sangeetha Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:30 pm

» Diversification of Sri Lankan economy, must to garner more economic benefits
by ChooBoy Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:04 pm

» ALHP Right issue......!!!!1
by Miss-Sangeetha Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:47 am

» UBC.N0000- Donnt miss this
by Trader321 Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:13 am

» BFN - DEAL OVER - TO BE DE LISTED SOON AFTER THE PRIVATE PLACEMENT ඩීල් එක ඉවරයි @ 19-59 - කොටස් වෙළදපලෙනුත් ඉවත් කරගන්නා බවට ආරන්චි
by sanjulanka Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:03 am

» While waiting for the market to rebound, look for bargains if you can afford the risk. Try to be active at the right time to gain something
by Asoka Samarakone Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:18 pm

» ඉතා ඉක්මනින් සේවක අර්තසාදක අරමුදල නැවත කොටස් වෙළදපල ට
by mahasona2 Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:43 am

» Central Bank targeting early return of EPF to stock market
by mahasona2 Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:24 am

» Lofc delisting??
by Bdcdman Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:16 pm

» Today is UBC.N0000 day.
by Trader321 Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 am

» HVA WILL THEY RECTIFY THE REGULATORS QUARIES BEFORE DEAD LINE?
by Bdcdman Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:11 am

» ALHP WILL MOVE UP from next MONDAY
by Miss-Sangeetha Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:52 am

» ALHP WILL MOVE UP SOON
by mahasona2 Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:05 pm

» ලාංකීය හෙදියකට ලක්ශ 9 ක් ගෙවන ඇමෙරිකාව
by Uaecoindubai Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:48 pm

» EAST INTERESTING DAYS AHEAD 25+
by karuna2 Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:43 am

» රජයේ පඩි දෙගුණයක් වුන හැටි
by Uaecoindubai Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:31 am

» UBC.N0000 Vs AEL.N0000 - What will be the best
by Trader321 Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:15 am

» EFP TO start again invest in Stocks
by mahasona2 Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:10 am

» Second reading of budget passed by 119 Votes - Shows this Government is Confident
by Maharaja Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:27 pm

» Fall of stocks - Big Players are behindThis is the time to buy and collect stocks
by mahasona2 Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:49 pm

» Government salary hike almost double..
by Uaecoindubai Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:32 pm

» COLOMBO STOCKS 5 1/2 LOW
by soileconomy Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:19 pm

» UBC.N0000 ? Expert ideas please ?
by Trader321 Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:31 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » K LINE AVOID HAMBANTOTA

K LINE AVOID HAMBANTOTA

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 K LINE AVOID HAMBANTOTA on Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:51 pm

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Ali baba group did another good thing to Hambantota.Navy did commendable job.Govt should take action against pirates who supported by defeated King.

K Line mulls avoiding H’bantota port in protest
December 11, 2016, 11:02 pm 

By Shamindra Ferdinando

 

Following an incident where the Hambanota port workers forcibly held giant Japanese car carrier Hyperion Highway and its crew for five days, the vessel’s owner Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha popularly known as K Line has warned that the company may not use the port unless its security concerns can be addressed convincingly.

The vessel is the world’s third largest vehicle carrier.

Port workers launched a strike early last week in protest against the proposed agreement between the government and state owned China Merchants Port Holdings Company Ltd to operate the port as a public-private partnership.

Local agents ABC Shipping had been informed of K Line’s position before the Navy intervened on Saturday to clear the Hambantota port of the unruly strikers. Japanese operator is one of the largest international sea transporters.

A senior company official told The Island that they were worried about the possible cancellation of scheduled K Line visits on Dec 17 and 18.

K Line indicated that vehicles bound for Hambantota port could be offloaded in Singapore for onward transfer to Sri Lanka in another vessel. "We are making an effort to convince K Line not to suspend services to Hambantota."

Responding to a query, the official said that a discussion was scheduled to take place on Monday (Dec 12) to decide on future course of action.

Striking workers have been accused of causing severe damage to the administrative building. The port remained crippled for want of government and striking workers’ union reaching an agreement on the transfer of port control to the Chinese.

Shipping sources told The Island that the fate of Hambantota port was in the balance due to continuing worker unrest. In case vehicle carriers pulled out of Hambantota port, it wouldn’t have any other major operation to undertake, sources said. Those who had been causing turmoil there have conveniently forgotten the previous government moved vehicle offloading operations to Hambantota from Colombo to give it an opportunity to generate revenue.

A senior navy official told The Island that additional strength had to be called from Galle in support of Hambantota navy detachment to regain control of the harbour. Elite Special Boat Squadron (SBS) personnel specialising in anti-ship-jacking operations were brought in to carry out the operation. "The restoration of power and clearing of various obstacles took hours," the official said, adding that technical teams to operate gantry cranes and tug crews had also been brought in.

The official alleged that striking workers had placed obstacles in waters to prevent the vessel leaving. Heavily armed navy personnel landed on pier while several craft positioned close to the Japanese vessel.

During tense standoff at the harbour, SLN personnel fired in the air to clear those who opposed their intervention.

Navy Commander Vice Admiral Ravi Wijegunaratne in civvies accompanied the troops deployed for the mission. In accordance with international law governing port security, Commander of the Navy functions as the Competent Authority of International Ship and Port Security (ISPS) code, a mechanism put in place by the International Maritime Organization (IMO).

The Joint Opposition (JO) strongly condemned the deployment of the navy at the Hambantota port. JO members, both in Parliament and outside accused the navy of mercilessly attacking workers. Vice Admiral Wijegunaratne has been accused of pushing a Hiru correspondent Roshan Gunasekara covering the naval intervention.

K Line and the vessel’s Bulgarian and Filipino crew have thanked the Navy for securing the vessel’s release without any damage or casualties. ABC shipping said that K Line appreciated the action taken in the wake of hostage situation.

2 Re: K LINE AVOID HAMBANTOTA on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:53 pm

predictor


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Latest voting in parliament shows 2/3rd majority in getting the budget passed. This president was duly elected in Jan' 2015  Govt was elected to office in 2015 (Both not even 2 years)

Next elections are due in 2020. Why worry about this type of strikers. President/ PM elected for 22 million people in the country. They should safeguard the rights of those people who democratically elected them to power.
In Srilanka Govt employees are totaling to less than 1.4 million. Private sector more than 6 mln. Some of these govt. employees think administrations should listen to them always. They think Govt. is belong to them. In private sector if the owner wants to sell the company to another, employees do not go on strike. Keeping the company or selling the company is a decision of the owner. How come that Govt. employees think otherwise.
Anyway govt. should safeguard the rights of others in the country. Why can't President/PM say that they were elected to rule the country the way they want and ban all strikes in order to develop the country and safeguard the rights of almost 95% of srilankan. Even if you take 3 dependents for 1 employee total govt employees and their dependents will be 4.2 mln which is less than 20% of the total in Srilanka. Should the govt. allow them to cripple the country. Why cant the president/PM take decisions for the 80%.

Enough is enough. Singapore /Malaysia both were developed by Mr. Lee and Mahatheer Mohamed because they were able to give proper leadership. They did not allow people to go against them. Please be strict. Ban all strikes on behalf of the majority.

3 Re: K LINE AVOID HAMBANTOTA on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:33 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@predictor wrote:Latest voting in parliament shows 2/3rd majority in getting the budget passed. This president was duly elected in Jan' 2015  Govt was elected to office in 2015 (Both not even 2 years)

Next elections are due in 2020. Why worry about this type of strikers. President/ PM elected for 22 million people in the country. They should safeguard the rights of those people who democratically elected them to power.
In Srilanka Govt employees are totaling to less than 1.4 million. Private sector more than 6 mln. Some of these govt. employees think administrations should listen to them always. They think Govt. is belong to them. In private sector if the owner wants to sell the company to another, employees do not go on strike. Keeping the company or selling the company is a decision of the owner. How come that Govt. employees think otherwise.
Anyway govt. should safeguard the rights of others in the country. Why can't President/PM say that they were elected to rule the country the way they want and ban all strikes in order to develop the country and safeguard the rights of almost 95% of srilankan. Even if you take 3 dependents for 1 employee total govt employees and their dependents will be 4.2 mln which is less than 20% of the total in Srilanka. Should the govt. allow them to cripple the country. Why cant the president/PM take decisions for the 80%.

Enough is enough. Singapore /Malaysia both were developed by Mr. Lee and Mahatheer Mohamed because they were able to give proper leadership. They did not allow people to go against them. Please be strict. Ban all strikes on behalf of the majority.


The difference is  not with the people man. It is the leaders.
You can't compare our low IQ yamapalanayas with grate Mahatheer or Lee kuan   .


Even if you take 3 dependents for 1 employee total govt employees and their dependents will be 4.2 mln which is less than 20% of the total in Srilanka. Should the govt. allow them to cripple the country. Why cant the president/PM take decisions for the 80%.

You can't even think such a thing man.  Entire system is run by government servants.

The most foolish act did by current inexperience rulers is they tried to manipulate or control this  system from outside, being outsiders.

If you want to manipulate or control a  system , first you have to become a part of that system. Unless,  the system will attack you. Because it is more powerful.
That has happened in Sri Lanka during past 2 years.

The present leaders are still running imaginary fight with  Mahinda Rajapaksa. He has to do nothing but watching.  
The system is firing back .  They and the system are not in same track and setting apart day by day.

4 Re: K LINE AVOID HAMBANTOTA on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:19 am

soileconomy

soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Yahapalanaya buru kiyanne.Hambanthota kiyanne ships enne nethi warayak ne.
Eka wikunanna yanne.

5 Re: K LINE AVOID HAMBANTOTA on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:05 pm

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Lee & Mahathir did not shower perks & money on Parliamentarians to run their countries. Here once the goodies to MPs are stopped, it will be like pulling the plug off the life support machine on which this Govt is kept alive.

The economy is mismanaged and in ruins. The share market is totally screwed and f----ed up. What more people want to see.
Hold an election and see what the result would be. The yahapalana has to poke the tail into something and run.

Within 2years they have broken world records in corruption. What more to see.

6 Re: K LINE AVOID HAMBANTOTA on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:15 pm

predictor


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
We are now talking about perks because recently PM wanted to increase meeting attendance fees for MPS and wanted to give 100,000/- for each MP.

Todays papers say resolution was passed in parliament. I don't think any MP was against it. Rather than saying additional perks we can just work it out as follows.

Additional 2000/- per sitting * 225 Mps* 10 days per month.

Rs. 4,500,000 

Rs. 100,000/- per MP * 225 MPS= Rs. 22,500,000/-
This is intended to spend for the electorate. Hope presently they spend for the weddings and funerals. New allowance is like a reimbursement by the Govt.

New perks are going to cost the country Rs. 27,000,000/- per month.

look at the armed forces salary bill per month.
take the total as 500,000 in the forces and @Rs. 50,000/- average
Total will be Rs. 25,000,000,000/- (25Bln) per month
Do we need such a big force now. What do the other countries do after the wars are over. Think about those.

Mps additional perks is just 0.1% of the salary bill of the forces.

Therefore I suggest without just discrediting the Govt. show these in Rs. and cents.

7 Re: K LINE AVOID HAMBANTOTA on Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:50 pm

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Genuine MPs need salary increment for working with people.It is small amount of money for those who robbed CSN,Luxury houses,properties,government houses in the name of relatives,duty free shops in Airport,etc,etc.Here we are talking about genuine MPs not about Horu.

8 Re: K LINE AVOID HAMBANTOTA on Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:54 pm

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@soileconomy wrote:Yahapalanaya buru kiyanne.Hambanthota kiyanne ships enne nethi warayak ne.
Eka wikunanna yanne.
Thawasakkata eka enawa.Ekath Hijak karanawa ne me Alibabala.Soon they will make another Somaliya(kingdom of pirates) in Hambantota.

9 Re: K LINE AVOID HAMBANTOTA on Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:03 pm

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Chinwi wrote:
@predictor wrote:Latest voting in parliament shows 2/3rd majority in getting the budget passed. This president was duly elected in Jan' 2015  Govt was elected to office in 2015 (Both not even 2 years)

Next elections are due in 2020. Why worry about this type of strikers. President/ PM elected for 22 million people in the country. They should safeguard the rights of those people who democratically elected them to power.
In Srilanka Govt employees are totaling to less than 1.4 million. Private sector more than 6 mln. Some of these govt. employees think administrations should listen to them always. They think Govt. is belong to them. In private sector if the owner wants to sell the company to another, employees do not go on strike. Keeping the company or selling the company is a decision of the owner. How come that Govt. employees think otherwise.
Anyway govt. should safeguard the rights of others in the country. Why can't President/PM say that they were elected to rule the country the way they want and ban all strikes in order to develop the country and safeguard the rights of almost 95% of srilankan. Even if you take 3 dependents for 1 employee total govt employees and their dependents will be 4.2 mln which is less than 20% of the total in Srilanka. Should the govt. allow them to cripple the country. Why cant the president/PM take decisions for the 80%.

Enough is enough. Singapore /Malaysia both were developed by Mr. Lee and Mahatheer Mohamed because they were able to give proper leadership. They did not allow people to go against them. Please be strict. Ban all strikes on behalf of the majority.


The difference is  not with the people man. It is the leaders.
You can't compare our low IQ yamapalanayas with grate Mahatheer or Lee kuan   .


Even if you take 3 dependents for 1 employee total govt employees and their dependents will be 4.2 mln which is less than 20% of the total in Srilanka. Should the govt. allow them to cripple the country. Why cant the president/PM take decisions for the 80%.

You can't even think such a thing man.  Entire system is run by government servants.

The most foolish act did by current inexperience rulers is they tried to manipulate or control this  system from outside, being outsiders.

If you want to manipulate or control a  system , first you have to become a part of that system. Unless,  the system will attack you. Because it is more powerful.
That has happened in Sri Lanka during past 2 years.

The present leaders are still running imaginary fight with  Mahinda Rajapaksa. He has to do nothing but watching.  
The system is firing back .  They and the system are not in same track and setting apart day by day.
The present leaders are still running imaginary fight with  Mahinda Rajapaksa. He has to do nothing but watching.



Whatelse he can do.


He tried to be life time president.But people send back home twice.


He tried to take over country with forces after defeated in election.Police chief and forces refused.


JR,Chandrika,DB all respectfully retired after Presidential period.This man become an MP and breaking his own party.


Doing politics from pansala with the help of all corrupted people.


.............................................


.............................................


..........................................

10 Re: K LINE AVOID HAMBANTOTA on Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:46 pm

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
"Hanbabatota Strikers observe ATASIL"


Real mahinda Chinthana HIGH I,Q people

Destroy national wealth and observe ATASIL

Grate insult to 2600 years history of Buddha Sasana ans Atasil

Leader also robbed national wealth after winning war and now go to temples and observe PANSIL

These are real work of High I.Q people of mahinda Chithana

11 Re: K LINE AVOID HAMBANTOTA on Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:06 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
No point of wasting time for writing , arguing which group are with high IQ or Low IQ.

Action talk louder than words.
Some people say Performances have already spoke loudly.

(not for deaf and blind pl.)

12 Re: K LINE AVOID HAMBANTOTA on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:45 pm

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Workers have the right to raise their voice against any kind of injustice falls on them. But damaging the state property & unruly behavior always defames the country's image. It is open secret that many opportunists hanging behind the curtain are fueling such situation.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum