Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය

Latest topics

» For Miss Sangeetha
by anges Today at 5:03 pm

» Tea prices up and up.Plantation shares down and down!
by fortuneteller Today at 1:16 pm

» coco.x share
by lakmal87 Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:45 pm

» නොමිළේම ඩොලර් (free $ 5 ) tokens
by cseguide Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:58 pm

» S&P upgrades DFCC Bank’s rating outlook from Negative to Stable
by TraderCSE Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:23 am

» CFVF will HIT. 40 BY Next. Thursday
by Yahapalanaya Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:50 pm

» Moody’s affirms ratings of three Sri Lankan banks; maintains negative outlook
by Miss-Sangeetha Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:39 pm

» best stocks to buy now
by Ryan Hudson Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:23 pm

» Current situation of the Adam group of companies
by anges Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:36 pm

» Avoid investing in Abans Group company shares
by fortuneteller Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 am

» People's Leasing Company
by prasa2004 Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:51 pm

» SDB - AN IMPRESSIVE PERFORMANCE
by prasa2004 Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm

» Beware of banking stocks
by prasa2004 Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:40 pm

» CEYLON COLD STORES PLC(CCS.N0000)
by Agape Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:49 pm

» Lanka Cement
by sureshot Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:09 am

» Roshan Egodage's Money Grabbing
by Investor1994 Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:10 pm

» CIFL ANY NEWS
by Gambino7 Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:13 pm

» CFT share එක මොනව හරි දෙයක් වෙනව වාගෙ.
by sameboy Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:43 pm

» BFN .. ORIENT FINANCE PLC
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:52 pm

» Sri Lanka Exports up 12.9-pct in Sept
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:38 am

» DECEMBER DISCOUNT
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:30 am

» LLMP - New Strategic Marketing >>> Boooom
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:27 am

» Why LLUB.N0000 going down ?
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:20 am

» LDEV rights
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:16 am

» SAMP Rights Issue
by niru Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:04 pm

HashFlare

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Well organized manipulation to keep the market down !!!!!

Well organized manipulation to keep the market down !!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Learner19


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
First topic message reminder :

I observe a pattern of selling small quantities of large cap shares to keep the market ASPI down. They use different shares in different days to do this. 

Their motive of course we don't know. ? To collect lower, ? To discredit the present government, ? To buy shares low from HNW sellers who already decided to sell (eg. JKH was brought down to 140 from 155 to buy the foreign selling quantity).

This makes CSE a highly manipulated market. Though we study technical charts, they don't work in CSE because of these manipulators. 

I am trying to understand the patterns of these  manipulators so that I can survive in CSE. I have not much faith in CSE because of these manipulators.

These manipulators are playing with the money and lives of people. When they intentionally do this, they are not going to be happy with this money which has blood of other people.

O manipulators, be fair, let others have their as well. Otherwise their curse will be with you> Though you will have more money, at the end of the day you will not be happy.


anges


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
no need to manipulate ! money printing by government ,rupee going down dollar investment looks better ! high debt and inflation on the horizon ! foreigners pulling the cash out and high taxes here ! thats the answer

Chinwi


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@anges wrote:no need to manipulate ! money printing by government ,rupee going down dollar investment looks better ! high debt and inflation on the horizon ! foreigners pulling the cash out and high taxes here ! thats the answer

This year also more money printing, no escape.

Non matching salary increases take at least 3 years to settle in equilibrium.

බොරුව හා හොරකමම ජීවිතේ කර නොගත්ත, මොළයක් ඇති මුදල් ඇමතිවරයකු යටතට ආර්ථිකය පාලනය පත් වුවහොත් 2018 මැද වෙනවිට යම්තරමක බැලන්ස් වීමක් සිදු කර ගත හැකියි.

jayathu


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
this topic is stupid, @Learner19 doesn't understand the market and economy at all.

Current market is down due to policy uncertainty.
Example:- some tax implications which were suppose to be effected from 01st Jan was pushed back to 01st April. (SVAT, Notional tax implications are few things which were pushed back)

Currently some investments have started to kick in, but much more is needed to kick start this economy.

One of the main reason behind the CSE to be bearish is due to interest rate risk. There's a very high possibility of interest rate being pushed up, which makes govt security market more attractive than CSE. USA will have few more rate hikes this yr like last yr. That'll will adversely effect countries like ours where foreigners will take out there money from our market to invest in USA. To navigate through capital outflow issue our CB might shift interest rate upward to keep capital outflow at a manageable level. There're other reasons for interest rate hike but this is one reason only.(Credit growth is another factor also.)

jayathu


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Currently what investors do is according to my view is that buy and consolidate your existing selected share portfolio. Try to bring down your avg. cost price. Have a long term view when investing now.

Short term investing rite now at cse is very risky under current prevailing conditions.

Eugine Fernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Even Today the same group who are behind the market manipulation, is trying to bring down the index by using JKH.

Learner19


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@jayathu wrote:this topic is stupid, @Learner19 doesn't understand the market and economy at all.

Current market is down due to policy uncertainty.
Example:- some tax implications which were suppose to be effected from 01st Jan was pushed back to 01st April. (SVAT, Notional tax implications are few things which were pushed back)  


Thanks Jayathu for your observation. 

I am still learning regarding the market and economy at large. The more I learn the more I understand, that  there are so much more to learn. I used to think that I knew much when I had little knowledge, but now I know, that I have a very little knowldge after studying the economy and market for the past 5 years.

I still hold to my understanding of this manipulation which I have observed. 

Once the JKH selling is absorbed and other shares are collected by the manipulators, they will move the market sooner during January - April period, if the reason to bring the market down was to collect low. 

If it was done to discredit the government, market will be the similar bearish for the foreseeable short term future. But the manipulators will find it hard to keep the market down with so many positive news. ( Latest being the granting of GSP +). 

If there is no market manipulation, there wont be any upward market movement as the fundamentals wont have changed much i.e high interest environment in Sri Lanka, inconsistent policies by the government, Fed rate hike in USA and associated outflow, Brexit and associated instability. 

So, will wait and see. Time will give us the answer.

Learner19


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@Learner19 wrote:
@jayathu wrote:this topic is stupid, @Learner19 doesn't understand the market and economy at all.

Current market is down due to policy uncertainty.
Example:- some tax implications which were suppose to be effected from 01st Jan was pushed back to 01st April. (SVAT, Notional tax implications are few things which were pushed back)  


Thanks Jayathu for your observation. 

I am still learning regarding the market and economy at large. The more I learn the more I understand, that  there are so much more to learn. I used to think that I knew much when I had little knowledge, but now I know, that I have a very little knowldge after studying the economy and market for the past 5 years.

I still hold to my understanding of this manipulation which I have observed. 

Once the JKH selling is absorbed and other shares are collected by the manipulators, they will move the market sooner during January - April period, if the reason to bring the market down was to collect low. 

If it was done to discredit the government, market will be the similar bearish for the foreseeable short term future. But the manipulators will find it hard to keep the market down with so many positive news. ( Latest being the granting of GSP +). 

If there is no market manipulation, there wont be any upward market movement as the fundamentals wont have changed much i.e high interest environment in Sri Lanka, inconsistent policies by the government, Fed rate hike in USA and associated outflow, Brexit and associated instability. 

So, will wait and see. Time will give us the answer.

Guys what do you think now?

I think the manipulators have decided to push the market up. So they are doing it very nicely.

Nothing has changed with regard to political uncertainty, interest rate were increased all the negatives from JO and Nivard Cabral is still there. But why the market is going this fast?

What have the negative people who blamed the present government got to say now?

Please share your thoughts.

Chinwi

avatar
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics


That is because you are  still a Learner.

Learner19


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@Chinwi wrote:

That is because you are  still a Learner.

 Agree 100% that I am a learner. I would like to be a learner until I die as I believe in being a student in life.

I understand that market going down in adverse macroeconomic, political conditions if those are the reasons. What I don't understand is how and why the market has turned and ascending like this.

I have a great respect for you for your contribution in educating people in the forum. 

Can you please educate us on your thoughts on the reasons for the market pick up, whether it is sustainable, whether it is a dead cat bounce, is it a trap for the retailers etc.

Highly appreciate your input.

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Protect the market from manipulates is a job of Regulater

My suggestion is Regulators. should not allow brokers to charege Brokers fee when selling below cost Brokers fee can be doubled
when selling with profit

Then brokers will not encourage below cost selling

Some one will say no such regulation in the other share markets of the world

Sri Lanka situation is peculiar. Regulator must introduce suitable regulations to this country

This is only a suggestion.

EquityChamp

avatar
Moderator
Learner, I hope you will understand that the current market recovery is due to shift in the market sentiment. When JKH is moving from 135 to 149 anyone should understand that ASPI will follow. In the same way if JKH to come down again to 130 then ASPI coming back to 5900 is also not a surprise.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum