Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post

Latest topics

» MARKET RISE - GUARANTEED
by samaritan Today at 4:44 pm

» #PM Crisis#
by samaritan Today at 3:45 pm

» Don't put your money on risk ! Buy politically less effect shares !!!!
by The Hunter Today at 12:55 pm

» Financial Reports Q-3 2018
by ruwan326 Today at 11:59 am

» what is the best price for TKYO
by Pahan Today at 11:11 am

» Is HNB price is attractive
by Pahan Today at 10:57 am

» BFN DEAL -DONT SELL BFN AT 14 LEVEL
by kalu351 Today at 10:45 am

» BFN Deal to go on in spite of the political crisis
by kalu351 Today at 8:36 am

» ##FUN TOONS###
by ruwan326 Today at 7:06 am

» TBs worth Rs.14.2 bn issued to SriLankan in 2012
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 6:42 am

» SRI LANKA @ 2020
by ruwan326 Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:24 am

» Dealing by directors
by ruwan326 Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:08 pm

» Summary of Key Announcements during the week
by ruwan326 Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:06 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by ruwan326 Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:05 pm

» CSE WEEKLY
by ruwan326 Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:02 pm

» BFN Price HOLDING ON AS THE DEAL COME CLOSER
by sanjulanka Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:29 pm

» Another Finance sector deal UBC UBC UBC Deal
by kalu351 Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:56 am

» BFN BFN BFN BFN BFN DEAL ......WITH CHINESE BANK
by kalu351 Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:54 am

» MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED
by Maharaja Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:32 am

» Q-TO-Q Financial Report-Financial Performance- Period ended 30 September 2018
by ruwan326 Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:00 pm

» CB raises key rates in surprise move to support currency
by Miss-Sangeetha Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:59 pm

» President rejects NCM brought against PM, Govt.
by ranferdi Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:36 pm

» DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS- OCT/NOV
by ruwan326 Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:59 pm

» Supreme Court issues stay order on Gazette dissolving Parliament
by THUWA Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:28 pm

» CSE THIS WEEK
by ruwan326 Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:27 am

» Veterans return to lead state banks
by ruwan326 Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:21 am

» Collect ODEL Range Rs. 23-25 .......Target Price over Rs.35
by soileconomy Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:54 pm

» අනං## මනං ##
by ruwan326 Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:52 pm

» JKH News & Reports
by ruwan326 Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:11 pm

» Survey - Individual Investors' Behaviour and Investment Performance
by eroshans Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:49 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » MARKET BLEEDS DUE TO POLICY INCONSISTENCIES

MARKET BLEEDS DUE TO POLICY INCONSISTENCIES

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 MARKET BLEEDS DUE TO POLICY INCONSISTENCIES on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:06 pm

samaritan

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Policy inconsistencies negatively impact bourse.

Inconsistencies and uncertainties in government policies are discouraging foreign and local stock market investors from showing an interest in local stocks.

http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=158587

niru

Manager - Equity Analytics
Your propaganda didn't work today. Market is up!

Eugine Fernando

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
MARKET IS UP TODAY COZ RAVE K SELLECTED AS FM OF THE YEAR FOR ASIA PASIFIC. IF I AM WRONG PL. ANY BODY CAN GIVE THE CORRECT REASON Razz Razz

jayathu

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
There'll be one day up and three days of red. that has been the pattern for the last few weeks.

stagnant market. When JKH is up market is up and when it's down entire market is down.

jayathu

@Eugine Fernando didn't you say market is down due to manipulators are artificially bringing the market down. So is those manipulators pushing the market up nw???

samaritan

@niru wrote:Your propaganda didn't work today. Market is up!
I have been critical about the mismanagement of economy & inconsistent Govt policies which dragged the market down.This has been the view of business leaders and stock brokers as well.  If you analyze the past trend, if the market gains 100 points over a period then it has been losing 200 points soon after. What matters is consistency allowing for market corrections. 

I hope the decision makers learn from past mistakes and correct them towards consistent policy making, even in the absence of any positive steps towards making CSE attractive to foreign investors.

A punter enjoys a day's gain irrespective of a stream of losses, where the gain is insignificant to the losses incurred by him.

worthiness

@samritan
Almost everyday we read of corruptions, inefficiencies, policy inconsistencies, debts repayments, reconciliation, human rights,drug/ethanol imports, inflation, thefts, murders etc.. I believe it is correct to some extent. 

But so far none has addressed the right solution to overcome immediate problems the country is facing right now. What do you think of that? Are only critics sufficient?

Eugine Fernando

@jayathu wrote:@Eugine Fernando didn't you say market is down due to manipulators are artificially bringing the market down. So is those manipulators pushing the market up nw???
I am also very happy if the market continue to go up like today.,( not for one or two days) it as to be steady. Still I stand on my word, the way the market came down since the present gvent. took over, you can noticed the behavior of the market it was very  unusual, this way of down fall never happened before, even during the war time market reacted only one or two days according to the news, even on a bomb blast in the capital market was not effected like now. 2 weeks continues down fall of the market I haven`t seen for past 20 years. I still say there are some group who are against the present Gvent. and supporting JO behind this. This is my personal view. GL

PrasannaMani

@samaritan wrote:
@niru wrote:Your propaganda didn't work today. Market is up!
I have been critical about the mismanagement of economy & inconsistent Govt policies which dragged the market down.This has been the view of business leaders and stock brokers as well.  If you analyze the past trend, if the market gains 100 points over a period then it has been losing 200 points soon after. What matters is consistency allowing for market corrections. 

I hope the decision makers learn from past mistakes and correct them towards consistent policy making, even in the absence of any positive steps towards making CSE attractive to foreign investors.

A punter enjoys a day's gain irrespective of a stream of losses, where the gain is insignificant to the losses incurred by him.
Agree with your statement...

People go mad when market is red.When they see green They are in the moon with crazy thoughts..

samaritan

@worthiness wrote:@samritan
Almost everyday we read of corruptions, inefficiencies, policy inconsistencies, debts repayments, reconciliation, human rights,drug/ethanol imports, inflation, thefts, murders etc.. I believe it is correct to some extent. 

But so far none has addressed the right solution to overcome immediate problems the country is facing right now. What do you think of that? Are only critics sufficient?
Corruption, inefficiencies....etc have been deeply imbedded in our system for long years and has become a way of life. Politics has become a very lucrative business today that uncouth rascals (educated and the majority without O/L) are at each others neck in the pretext of serving you and me. They come into politics to make quick money and to put their big backs on Land Cruisers.  We don't find politicians of the caliber of SWRD or Dudley Senanayake today. The biggest bond scam  in the history of Sri Lanka took place under the very nose of the so called good governance govt. A minister is adamant to erect steel fabricated cages numbering about 22,000 at an exorbitant cost in spite of vehement protests by the people in the North. What could be the motive? So, corruption is rampant under any palanaya. 

There is absolutely no coherence on state policies. As of now there is no coherence in the so called unity Govt in even reporting a news. SB says something which is refuted by CBK. When CBK says something that is refuted by Rajitha. Why don't they discuss among themselves prior to going public without confusing the masses and making a mockery of themselves. It seems everyone wants to be the boss. So in this backdrop how do you expect right solutions to overcome issues faced by the nation. 

In a lighter vein, enjoy the story of Who is the Boss? below. You may see some similarity to the present day situation. 

All the parts of the body argued over who would be boss.

When the Lord made man, all the parts of the body argued over who would be boss.
The brain explained that since he controlled all the parts of the body, he should be boss. The legs argued that since they took man wherever he wanted to go, they should be boss. The stomach countered with the explanation that since he digested all the food, he should be boss. The eyes said that without them man would be helpless, so they should be boss. Then the asshole applied for the job. The other parts of the body laughed so hard at this that the asshole became mad and closed up.
After a few days…
The brain went foggy, the legs got wobbly, the stomach got ill, and the eyes got crossed and unable to see. They all conceded and made the asshole boss.
This proved that you don’t have to be a brain to be boss…
Just an Asshole.

Teller

I believe Economy will be recovered very soon than we expect. No need to think negatively always.

PrasannaMani

@Teller wrote:I believe Economy will be recovered very soon than we expect.  No need to think negatively always.
But I believe still need some more time.......Not yet

worthiness

Solutions to worst events will not bring positive results overnight. If the government move towards the right direction fulfilling the promises made I guess real effect takes about two years.

sisira.wijeweera

@PrasannaMani wrote:
@Teller wrote:I believe Economy will be recovered very soon than we expect.  No need to think negatively always.
godak aya mkt ekata enee hodatama price wadi unama 
sali tikak hoya gana nam adu una welee hodata aran tiyaganna onii hoda compani wala kotas tikak

soileconomy

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@sisira.wijeweera wrote:
@PrasannaMani wrote:
godak aya mkt ekata enee hodatama price wadi unama 
sali tikak hoya gana nam adu una welee hodata aran tiyaganna onii hoda compani wala kotas tikak
Ehema hithala godak aya giya awurudde meda hariye kotas gaththa .Dan eewa 10%-15% kin mila pahathata watila.heethuwa ??

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum