Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Poll

SLEF Market Sentiment Indicator

73% 73% [ 1129 ]
27% 27% [ 410 ]

Total Votes : 1539

Responsible Care



Latest topics
» Buying companies solely because their market price has fallen will get you nowhere.
by soileconomy Today at 3:41 pm

» KNOW YOUR POLITICIANS (KYP)
by worthiness Today at 2:38 pm

» Sri Lanka and its cheap labor pool - Japanese Report
by MalcolmTurnbull Yesterday at 10:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Deficits in the economic policy?
by MalcolmTurnbull Yesterday at 9:57 pm

» Sri Lanka: NSB Director - CIMA Regional Director Bradley Emerson to be investigated by CIMA UK for Mismanagement and Dating with CIMA Money
by MalcolmTurnbull Yesterday at 9:25 pm

» Foreigners are buying shares
by niru Yesterday at 9:00 pm

» Stock Recomendations For Bargain Hunters
by Vinayak Mahadev Yesterday at 3:24 pm

» Shares VS Fixed Desposit
by Vinayak Mahadev Yesterday at 3:17 pm

» Fresh buying into market !!!
by Maharaja Yesterday at 7:41 am

» AFSL update...
by onenine87 Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:25 pm

» Johari: M'sia won't end up like Sri Lanka, won't lease properties to China
by stockback Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:23 pm

» Sri Lanka: LOLC Ishara Nanayakkara's Father Ishara Traders - LOLC Chairman Rajah Mahinda Nanayakkara Passes Away
by MalcolmTurnbull Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:23 pm

» Sri Lanka: Unit Trust Industry to Close Down the Shops after government increased Taxes
by MalcolmTurnbull Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:19 pm

» Ceylon Cold Stores (CCS) Next Share Split at Rs.1000/= per share
by MalcolmTurnbull Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:17 pm

» Navara Capital Group In Trouble - Harsha N. De Silva to sell all his companies as So Many of His Shady Deals involved
by MalcolmTurnbull Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:08 pm

» Sri Lanka's famous Chef Pabilis Silva's Grandson Chathura Silva's Degree at USJ to be investigated and put for Bribery and Corruption by 'Yahapalana' Regime
by MalcolmTurnbull Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:36 pm

» Former SEC Chairman Dr. Nalaka Godahewa on 'Thilak's Reinvention of the Wheel'
by Varshaa Selvanathan Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:54 pm

» INTRODUCING KALKUDAH DISTILLERIES
by samaritan Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:20 pm

» Policy Decision
by samaritan Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:16 pm

» Last hurdle is cleared for the CSE to move upwards.
by Learner19 Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:20 pm

» THE PLAN OF THE YAHAPALANAYA GOVERNMENT 2020
by worthiness Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:17 pm

» තවත් පට්ටපල් බොරු කාරයො දෙන්නෙක්…
by kalu_mahaththaya Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:42 pm

» රට හැර යන්නේ ඩොලර් පමනක් නොවේ
by worthiness Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:35 am

» IT IS CLEAR NOW,, SHARE PRICES ARE NOT DEPEND ON COMPANIES PERFORMANCE
by worthiness Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:26 am

» Good News - Pc Pharma back again to the marcket
by Neluka Karannagoda Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:44 am

» Monetary Policy Review March 2017 - Rates Incresed
by dul324 Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:10 am

» ASI GOING TOWARDS 6000
by nimantha80 Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:35 am

» සුද්දන් රටටම කොචොක් කරයි....
by kalu_mahaththaya Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:25 pm

» ඇන්ටනෝව් යානා ගුවනේ දී පිපිරවූ කොටියා සහ විමල් වීරවංශ
by nimantha80 Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:53 pm

» WHERE IS THE COUNTRY GOING?
by Lucky Gamage Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:50 pm

» Positive and Negative comments welcome
by jayathu Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:49 am

» No need to sell Alumex Under 19....Don't sell ...
by asitha1952 Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:45 am

» HNB Bank money robbery spread to SAMPATH..ANOTHER CHEATING BANK SAMPATH.....
by jayathu Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:35 am

» ALUM Should reach to 22 levels..before next report..
by asitha1952 Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:36 am

» Get ready for April rise...
by kalu_mahaththaya Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:37 am

» JKH Prices dropped to 2009 Prices...
by jayathu Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:06 pm

» Ravi to receive Asia Pacific’s best Finance Minister Award on Friday
by Eugine Fernando Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:19 pm

» ANOTHER CSE BAILA..................
by samaritan Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:11 pm

» STATE CORPORATIONS ARE DOING WELL UNDER YAHAPALANAYA
by jayathu Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:47 am

» SITE IMAGE CHANGED...?
by kalu_mahaththaya Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:23 am

» KO BAN ARA MARKET EKE SUPPROTING LEVEL HOYANA UN TIKA????
by Lucky Gamage Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:55 am

» Rate hike is likely
by plsp1 Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:47 am

» Hyatt, Grand Oriental Hotel, Waters Edge, Hilton and Lanka Hospitals to be listed
by jayathu Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:54 am

» Rest in peace
by Lucky Gamage Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:23 pm

» Sri Lanka meets eligibility criteria for GSP Plus, says EU technical report
by Mubin Mustafa Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:30 am

» What happend Sri Ranga????
by Chinwi Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:25 am

» Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP
by J-CAT Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:39 pm

» End or the Begining of Nimal Perera?
by Quibit Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:59 pm

» Sri Lanka: Young Bond King Arjun Aloysius' Media Company iMN (Integrated Media Network) in Search of Journalists
by samaritan Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:39 pm

» Sri Lanka: State Defence Minister Ruwan quits his father's Board at LPRT but to continue to be the second largest shareholder
by Varshaa Selvanathan Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:25 pm

» BFN - BUY Signal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by reader Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:08 pm

» VFIN target price -- Rs 80.00 within 2 months
by Wimal Modawansa Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:15 am

» PLC.N & GLASS.N
by Wimal Modawansa Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:13 am

» ARPICO INSURANCE - BUY
by Wimal Modawansa Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:11 am

» AUTODROME PLC DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS
by visvajith Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 am

» Maritime terrorism an emerging threat in Indian Ocean, says Sri Lanka PM Ranil Wickremesinghe
by Yahapalanaya Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:29 am

» Sri Lankan Capital Market To Woo Investors From Australia And New Zealand
by Eugine Fernando Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:21 am

» They say Ratmalana to become 3rd Int Airport
by Chinwi Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:17 am

» TO DIMANTHA MATHEW --> SO CALLED RESEARCH EXPERT
by soileconomy Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:55 am

» ඩෙංගු වසංගතය පැතිරේ - සටන කරන හැටී හරිද ?
by Chinwi Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:20 am

» NAMU - HIGHLY POTENTIAL STOCK
by bullstreet Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:20 pm

» Technical bounce now
by samaritan Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:40 pm

» PENDING PROPERTY BUBBLE BURST!
by jayathu Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:02 am

» RWSL, LOFC , AAF
by stockback Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:05 am

» Royal - Thomian
by Eugine Fernando Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:16 am

» Dividend issue before 01st April
by kks17 Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:09 am

» REXP REXP.
by kassachandimal Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:34 pm

» Be carefully your shares of cse
by D.G.Dayaratne Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:57 pm

» 13.03.2017 - Chart expect Double bottom
by dudi Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:33 pm

» GSP + concession
by plsp1 Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:50 pm

» Can Government go ahead with these type of ignorance?
by hettdas Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:09 am

» AINS ..........DEAL
by sureshot Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:31 pm

» What is Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency's legality in Sri Lanka.
by anjelo Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:35 pm

» last few years Budgets.
by samaritan Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:43 am

» Three large European funds visit CSE
by Equity King Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:38 am

» HEXP high divided on the way.
by Miss-Sangeetha Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:21 am

» MRP of chicken withdrawn
by TuTanKaman Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:11 am

» SAMP 17 rs announcement ahead..feb
by worthiness Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:40 pm

» CEYLON COLD STORES PLC(CCS.N0000)
by rosa maria Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:20 pm

» Teller please comes back to the forum
by Miss-Sangeetha Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:57 pm

» Banks Rights Issues has started
by jayathu Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:29 am

» මහින්ද මොනවද කලේ?
by DANIDU Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:10 pm

» Good news for market
by worthiness Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:20 pm

» Top gainers - 13.03.2017
by Harry82 Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:56 pm

» Obtain Real/Fake Passports,IDs,Drivers Licenses,IELTS/TOEFL etc
by Chinwi Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:31 am

» FED DECISION ON COMING WEDNESDAY
by worthiness Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:11 pm

» එදා ලෝකයේ පලමුවැනියා වූ කොළඹ කොටස් වෙළෙඳපොළ අද කලාපයේ අන්තිමයා..- රොයිටර් ලෝකයටම කියයි..
by ranferdi Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:57 pm

» CSE RULES OF COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
by Eugine Fernando Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:42 am

» CCS next gem
by sikka89 Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:20 pm

» GOOD NEWS. March decline and April Rising in CSE from 2013
by Thushara Ayya Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:02 pm

» SLPA EARNED 11B IN 2016
by Yahapalanaya Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:10 pm

» nordmachinelanka
by tharushir Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:28 pm

» RHL - WHAT'S COOKING?
by jayathu Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:07 am

» AINV ???????
by Eugine Fernando Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:53 am

» CCS Moving at Staggering Pace
by Agape Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:04 pm

» 'බෙදුම්කර​' රහස් තවත් හෙලිවේ
by worthiness Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:17 pm

» The Banker mag picks Ravi K as Finance Minister of the Year, Asia-Pacific
by ranferdi Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:18 am

» Chinese Communist team inspects Sri Lanka port, airport
by stockback Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:12 pm

» Webservice to download Day End Price List
by einstein Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:03 pm


Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Miss-Sangeetha on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:21 pm

They have clearly mentioned in their announcement that the transaction is non recurrent transaction, that’s mean can’t be included in the EPS calculation.

 And further more this is similar to related parties transaction; here purchaser is ALUMEX PLC is a subsidiary of the parent company, Hayleys.

https://cdn.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/4901484047847_.pdf

And some of the directors are also common or represent for both companies (Refer their announcement) and the transaction price also determined on their own interest / intension, this price cannot be considered as the market value or price and this is not reflecting the HEXP’s business performances.

This is merely for outsider view; some companies are doing this type of transaction before their borrowing or right issue purposes

If one brother sells his land to his own sister for 1000 Sri Lankan rupees or 500 million Sri lankan rupees there may be so many implied intension in their transaction, in this first case if they wants to avoid the taxation they will use the Rs.1000/- option or if they have any borrowing intension they will go for second potion 500 millions, in both cases these are not the market price only for outsiders view with purpose.     

Here Teller after placing more than 1800 advertisement for Illiquid HEXP and sucked new comers blood money, once again trying another ride on others back for the sake of his boss Bartleet,

 Bartleet, after dumping huge quantities of HEXP on retailers head on HEXP’s first run, stopped their activities after heavy pressure from outside, now Teller wants to reopen the second run on behalf of Bartleet to dump HEXP on others head at high price.

My article might have provoked some people those who already fallen on Tellers trap, have to escape from HEXP and compel to support the Tellers HEXP theory      
avatar
Miss-Sangeetha
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 277
Equity Stars : 688
Reputation : 127
Join date : 2016-06-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by stockback on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:28 pm

@Miss-Sangeetha wrote:They have clearly mentioned in their announcement that the transaction is non recurrent transaction, that’s mean can’t be included in the EPS calculation.

 And further more this is similar to related parties transaction; here purchaser is ALUMEX PLC is a subsidiary of the parent company, Hayleys.

https://cdn.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/4901484047847_.pdf

And some of the directors are also common or represent for both companies (Refer their announcement) and the transaction price also determined on their own interest / intension, this price cannot be considered as the market value or price and this is not reflecting the HEXP’s business performances.

This is merely for outsider view; some companies are doing this type of transaction before their borrowing or right issue purposes

If one brother sells his land to his own sister for 1000 Sri Lankan rupees or 500 million Sri lankan rupees there may be so many implied intension in their transaction, in this first case if they wants to avoid the taxation they will use the Rs.1000/- option or if they have any borrowing intension they will go for second potion 500 millions, in both cases these are not the market price only for outsiders view with purpose.     

Here Teller after placing more than 1800 advertisement for Illiquid HEXP and sucked new comers blood money, once again trying another ride on others back for the sake of his boss Bartleet,

 Bartleet, after dumping huge quantities of HEXP on retailers head on HEXP’s first run, stopped their activities after heavy pressure from outside, now Teller wants to reopen the second run on behalf of Bartleet to dump HEXP on others head at high price.

My article might have provoked some people those who already fallen on Tellers trap, have to escape from HEXP and compel to support the Tellers HEXP theory      


nonsense..

we all no this is not EPS increasing and regular business. 

this is capital gain. effect to NAVP. and the y can re- invest money and expand the business rapidly. 

now HEXP is good stock for invest.

who is owning HEXP. that is another key factor.
JKH own CCS now what is the price.

I expect same type of run from HEXP with time and business expansion..

stockback
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 2554
Equity Stars : 5906
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by stockback on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:38 pm

HEXP stock holder list.

30.09.2016 quarter traded more quantity. if its so Bartlett holders should be on the list.




stockback
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 2554
Equity Stars : 5906
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Teller on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:37 pm

Absolutely correct stock back, where is the Bartleet here. We couldn't see.
Think logically miss Sangeetha, I agree HAYleys owns around 65℅. So do you think they can play what ever they like? It's not like that.
Think based on accounting principles and Sri Lankan accounting standards.
No need to do much justification with you . You will see very soon HEXP above 120/_ levels.
If it doesn't happen I will not write in this forum. I know the secret here .
GL
avatar
Teller
Moderator

Posts : 3220
Equity Stars : 11677
Reputation : 111
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Abhudhabi

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by nishjaya on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:35 pm

@Teller wrote:Absolutely correct stock back, where is the Bartleet here. We couldn't see.
Think logically miss Sangeetha, I agree HAYleys owns  around 65℅. So do you think they can play what ever they like?  It's not like that.
Think based on accounting principles and Sri Lankan accounting standards.  
No need to do much justification with you . You will see very soon HEXP above 120/_ levels.
If it doesn't happen I will not write in this forum.  I know the secret here .
GL

Teller you are correct, HEXP will be above 120/- as soon as possible

nishjaya
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Posts : 31
Equity Stars : 1024
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Miss-Sangeetha on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:40 pm

@Teller wrote:Absolutely correct stock back, where is the Bartleet here. We couldn't see.
Think logically miss Sangeetha, I agree HAYleys owns  around 65℅. So do you think they can play what ever they like?  It's not like that.
Think based on accounting principles and Sri Lankan accounting standards.  
No need to do much justification with you . You will see very soon HEXP above 120/_ levels.
If it doesn't happen I will not write in this forum.  I know the secret here .
GL
This is Hayleys internal transfer not performance wise gain or outside sale, through this transaction they can increase the net asset value of both ALUMEX PLC and HEXP in enlarged amount. Here they are increasing their own asset value themselves in their books of accounts through this transaction, this is mere mirage.
Reality will come sooner than later, similar to COCR prediction of above Rs.110/- share price now COCR trading at Rs53.50.
avatar
Miss-Sangeetha
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 277
Equity Stars : 688
Reputation : 127
Join date : 2016-06-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by stockback on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:54 pm

@Miss-Sangeetha wrote:
@Teller wrote:Absolutely correct stock back, where is the Bartleet here. We couldn't see.
Think logically miss Sangeetha, I agree HAYleys owns  around 65℅. So do you think they can play what ever they like?  It's not like that.
Think based on accounting principles and Sri Lankan accounting standards.  
No need to do much justification with you . You will see very soon HEXP above 120/_ levels.
If it doesn't happen I will not write in this forum.  I know the secret here .
GL
This is Hayleys internal transfer not performance wise gain or outside sale, through this transaction they can increase the net asset value of both ALUMEX PLC and HEXP in enlarged amount. Here they are increasing their own asset value themselves in their books of accounts through this transaction, this is mere mirage.
Reality will come sooner than later, similar to COCR prediction of above Rs.110/- share price now COCR trading at Rs53.50.


Now i am collecting HEXP and Holder of HEXP. i dont care about Alumex. Hayls Main company does not get much effect. but individually Hexp get big advantage. 420 Millions. this is big amount for HEXP

Cocr - market situation effect for COCR. this will be sort out very soon.
another 20 Millions USD worth private placement are on the list (about 125/= Price) 
COCR earning will be around Rs3 this quarter. time will give answer all question for nagative thinkers.

I am confident. Next  month Fitch rating upgrade we will get. thats why 1 Billion USD worth loan and 1.5 Billion USD SLDB issuing. same time 1.1 Billions USD from selling H. Port

and Also IMF 920 Millions USD this year. and also World Bank 440 Millions USD issuing this year.
another 0.5 - 1.0 Billions USD expecting ADB. 

around 400 Millions USD for Port city project this year. and some other FDI's

expecting to increase nearly 1 Billions Tourism income.

many more activities to come. 

Time will sort-out all question of negative thinkers....

stockback
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 2554
Equity Stars : 5906
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Teller on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:19 pm

Don't compare COCR and HEXP here. COCR has different transaction but HEXP scenario is totally different. HEXP disposed their land with a high profit.
If they are simply transferring this asset why have they done revaluation? The other thing is why ALuMax said they have purchased this land to increase their production capacity?
Your logic is totally wrong Sangeetha. So think wisely.
Simply Why HEXP share holders should support ALuMax growth?
avatar
Teller
Moderator

Posts : 3220
Equity Stars : 11677
Reputation : 111
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Abhudhabi

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Chinwi on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:06 pm

There is some sort of similarity in COCR-Thai and HEXP-AlUM deals.

Both deals were initiated and controlled by linked parties to the buyers and sellers .

COCR shareholding director sold shares at premium to Thai Group and that person is holding director posts in Thai group also.

HEXP sold land at premium to LALU and the Chairman of HEXP is also the Chairman of LALU and both are under control of same group.

Both deals were done at unusually higher rates.
avatar
Chinwi
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 2993
Equity Stars : 6234
Reputation : 394
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Asia

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by stockback on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:25 pm

@Chinwi wrote:There is some sort of similarity in  COCR-Thai and HEXP-AlUM deals.

Both deals were initiated and controlled by linked parties to the buyers and sellers .

COCR shareholding director sold shares at premium to Thai Group and that person is holding director posts in Thai group also.

HEXP sold land at premium to LALU and the Chairman of HEXP is also the Chairman of LALU and both are under control of same group.

Both deals were done at unusually  higher rates.


diya kiarata balluth sakki........

COCR- Deal (stock selling one party to another party) - private placement on the way (Rs 125 Level)

HEXP- land selling (cash inflow to HEXP accounts. perch ekak 4 Laks kiyanne samay mila api inna paththe.) this deal get advantage for HEXP. habai dan tiakata kalin kiwa neda land eka thiyagaththanam hondai kiyala oya katinma.

share price not move. if its stay this level i am happy. i will buy 70-100K stocks very slowly. no worry's

thanks guys your advise.......

stockback
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 2554
Equity Stars : 5906
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Rifanmoh on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:04 pm

My humble opinion is that both Sangeetha and Teller represent the lowest extreme and the highest extreme respectively regarding the future price of HEXP. The reality is that the share price will be only in the middle of both their prediction.

The sale of the investment property which had been accounted using cost value model has now resulted in a huge profit around of Rs. 200 Mn which is 4 Times higher than the PAT HEXP would make in 2016/17. There is no argument on the profit earned by the sale of the property no matter to whom it was sold. 

This one off profit would technically multiply the existing annualised ESP of HEXP by 5 with immediate effect. This is a temporary effect and will disappear immediately in FY 17/18. 

In contrast to the multiplication of EPS, the share price is capable of getting multiplied  by 1.25 to 1.4. 

Why it will increase the price?

The sale has generated cash of Rs. 420 Mn which is really huge considering the current NBV of equity Rs. 500 Mn !!!!.
This additional cash has been generated without the shareholders' further investing. This could be seen as an equivalent of dividend of Rs. 25 per share as it will be the least thing the Board will decide to use the cash on. The price therefore should reach Rs. 105 very very soon from the Tuesday price of Rs. 80. Unlike the case of EPS, the NA value has increased by 25 permanently!!!

I strongly guess that the management of HEXP has in hand a investment option whereby the shareholders will be better off in the future rather than paying a one off dividend now. 

The current positive environment with GSP+  in hand in the near future coupled with improved performance of the company in the current year compared to the previous are further reasons that could take the price even beyond Rs. 105

Rifanmoh
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Posts : 43
Equity Stars : 138
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-12-28
Location : Colombo

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Rifanmoh on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:16 pm

@Miss-Sangeetha wrote:
@Teller wrote:Absolutely correct stock back, where is the Bartleet here. We couldn't see.
Think logically miss Sangeetha, I agree HAYleys owns  around 65℅. So do you think they can play what ever they like?  It's not like that.
Think based on accounting principles and Sri Lankan accounting standards.  
No need to do much justification with you . You will see very soon HEXP above 120/_ levels.
If it doesn't happen I will not write in this forum.  I know the secret here .
GL
This is Hayleys internal transfer not performance wise gain or outside sale, through this transaction they can increase the net asset value of both ALUMEX PLC and HEXP in enlarged amount. Here they are increasing their own asset value themselves in their books of accounts through this transaction, this is mere mirage.
Reality will come sooner than later, similar to COCR prediction of above Rs.110/- share price now COCR trading at Rs53.50.
Dear Sangeetha, it seems you don't understand how the accounting works. Why do you say NA of ALUMEX also will increase because of this transaction??

Rifanmoh
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Posts : 43
Equity Stars : 138
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-12-28
Location : Colombo

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by ifenny on Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:49 pm

My opinion is : HEXP price can go up as a result of manipulation and will come down.
But if someone wants to invest on this share based on fundamentals, they should ignore temp increase of NAV due to Land transaction and wait to see what is HEXP management is intended to do with that money. What if they decided to settle some debts currently in the balance sheet ? (eg Rs. 89,288,000 of Interesting bearing loans) and pay a reasonable one time dividend (let's say Rs.5 per share x 8,000,000 = Rs. 40,000,000) ? There will be temp hike in the price, but it will come lower than it used to be in next quarter/year as it's NAV will be reduced again.
Technically, this is a internal transfer of assets within the same group of Hayl where there will be no immediate revenue generations for any of the parties involved in (HAYL, HEXP or ALUM). 

Other views/opinions are welcome as I see this topic as a very good learning opportunity on stock valuation.
avatar
ifenny
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Posts : 90
Equity Stars : 1646
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Miss-Sangeetha on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:05 pm

@Rifanmoh wrote:
@Miss-Sangeetha wrote:
@Teller wrote:Absolutely correct stock back, where is the Bartleet here. We couldn't see.
Think logically miss Sangeetha, I agree HAYleys owns  around 65℅. So do you think they can play what ever they like?  It's not like that.
Think based on accounting principles and Sri Lankan accounting standards.  
No need to do much justification with you . You will see very soon HEXP above 120/_ levels.
If it doesn't happen I will not write in this forum.  I know the secret here .
GL
This is Hayleys internal transfer not performance wise gain or outside sale, through this transaction they can increase the net asset value of both ALUMEX PLC and HEXP in enlarged amount. Here they are increasing their own asset value themselves in their books of accounts through this transaction, this is mere mirage.
Reality will come sooner than later, similar to COCR prediction of above Rs.110/- share price now COCR trading at Rs53.50.
Dear Sangeetha, it seems you don't understand how the accounting works. Why do you say NA of ALUMEX also will increase because of this transaction??

That is typing error, I mentioned the ALUMEX fixed asset / Land asset with inflated value determine by same directors or common directors in both sides (buyer and seller)


Last edited by Miss-Sangeetha on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Miss-Sangeetha
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 277
Equity Stars : 688
Reputation : 127
Join date : 2016-06-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by stockback on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:12 pm

@ifenny wrote:My opinion is : HEXP price can go up as a result of manipulation and will come down.
But if someone wants to invest on this share based on fundamentals, they should ignore temp increase of NAV due to Land transaction and wait to see what is HEXP management is intended to do with that money. What if they decided to settle some debts currently in the balance sheet ? (eg Rs. 89,288,000 of Interesting bearing loans) and pay a reasonable one time dividend (let's say Rs.5 per share x 8,000,000 = Rs. 40,000,000) ? There will be temp hike in the price, but it will come lower than it used to be in next quarter/year as it's NAV will be reduced again.
Technically, this is a internal transfer of assets within the same group of Hayl where there will be no immediate revenue generations for any of the parties involved in (HAYL, HEXP or ALUM). 

Other views/opinions are welcome as I see this topic as a very good learning opportunity on stock valuation.


HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000) main owner or these company's HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC (HEXP.N)
ALUMEX PLC (ALUM.N).

Alumex and HEXP two different companies with same parent. how do you say it internal transfer.
that is maybe internal transaction for HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000) not for HEXP.

now I recommend this stock for as a investor. buy and hold for two quarters you will get more-than 75% sure. with GSP+ events and new investments.

samaharu as walat wali gahai e gollonta ekathu karaganna.

stockback
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 2554
Equity Stars : 5906
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Rifanmoh on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:46 am

@Miss-Sangeetha wrote:
@Rifanmoh wrote:
@Miss-Sangeetha wrote:
@Teller wrote:Absolutely correct stock back, where is the Bartleet here. We couldn't see.
Think logically miss Sangeetha, I agree HAYleys owns  around 65℅. So do you think they can play what ever they like?  It's not like that.
Think based on accounting principles and Sri Lankan accounting standards.  
No need to do much justification with you . You will see very soon HEXP above 120/_ levels.
If it doesn't happen I will not write in this forum.  I know the secret here .
GL
This is Hayleys internal transfer not performance wise gain or outside sale, through this transaction they can increase the net asset value of both ALUMEX PLC and HEXP in enlarged amount. Here they are increasing their own asset value themselves in their books of accounts through this transaction, this is mere mirage.
Reality will come sooner than later, similar to COCR prediction of above Rs.110/- share price now COCR trading at Rs53.50.
Dear Sangeetha, it seems you don't understand how the accounting works. Why do you say NA of ALUMEX also will increase because of this transaction??

That is typing error, I mentioned the ALUMEX fixed asset / Land asset with inflated value determine by same directors or common directors in both sides (buyer and seller)
Whatever the amount ALUMEX paid to HEXP on this land purchase Will never ever increase the NA of ALUMEX. This is a arms length transaction where real movement of cash and property have effected between both the seller and buyer. ALUM didn't get the land for free for it to increase the NV. 


ALUM could have used Rs. 420 mn plus stampduty as cash/Borrowing or combination of both in order to settle the transaction. Think of simple double entry now. 


In line with Hayleys Group accounting policy, If ALUM decides to maintain this aasset at revalued amount, then they will revalue the land every three year or every year to update the BS. This will result in revaluation surplus and therefore increase NA by a small amount. This can happen only from at the end of 2017/18. 


HEXP have been holding this property in the B/S at cost value - the price they paid to buy the asset long time back. Now this profit is a real capital gain due to realisation of market value of the asset. There is no way you can say the price has been decided by BOD. The valuation has been done by independent valuer. In fact, they have been disclosing the market value of this property in every AR report in the past. Please download few of them and check. 


Don't worry about common directors in HEXP and ALUM. It's ultimately directors of Hayleys who would have decided to execute this transaction. 

Rifanmoh
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Posts : 43
Equity Stars : 138
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-12-28
Location : Colombo

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Rifanmoh on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:30 am

@ifenny wrote:My opinion is : HEXP price can go up as a result of manipulation and will come down.
But if someone wants to invest on this share based on fundamentals, they should ignore temp increase of NAV due to Land transaction and wait to see what is HEXP management is intended to do with that money. What if they decided to settle some debts currently in the balance sheet ? (eg Rs. 89,288,000 of Interesting bearing loans) and pay a reasonable one time dividend (let's say Rs.5 per share x 8,000,000 = Rs. 40,000,000) ? There will be temp hike in the price, but it will come lower than it used to be in next quarter/year as it's NAV will be reduced again.
Technically, this is a internal transfer of assets within the same group of Hayl where there will be no immediate revenue generations for any of the parties involved in (HAYL, HEXP or ALUM). 

Other views/opinions are welcome as I see this topic as a very good learning opportunity on stock valuation.
Dear Ifenny, 

In contrast to your view. if an investor looks at fundamentals, he should invest immediately before price moves beyond a particular level. And if an investor fears the possible manipulation, then he should stay away from this stock.

It seems you understood that HEXP has generated cash of Rs. 420 mn but you don't understand the generation of profit on HEXP side.

The profit of Rs. 200 mn + has been realised in the accounts of HEXP. You will witness this in a note in Q3 accounts that will be published in Feb and you will see the profit in the income statement directly in Q4. As a significant post balance sheet transaction as at 31st Dec 16, they will definitely disclose this profit at least in the notes for Q3 financials.

This profit will be an unrealized profit for Hayleys only as the buyers and sellers are subsidiaries so the inter subsidiary transactions will be eliminated in consolidation of accounts. So You should not expect Hayleys PlC to show such a profit in their financials.

Why do you worry about what the management will do with the cash??. If they pay off debt. the company becomes debt free and can avoid interest cost and improve profit immediately. Even after paying off the debt, they will still be left with huge cash balance.

If they pay a one off dividend, isn't it good for shareholders??

If they reinvest the cash in the business, isn't it again good for shareholders?. Won't the future profit increase YOY with reasonable certainty due to enlarged organization??

Rifanmoh
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Posts : 43
Equity Stars : 138
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-12-28
Location : Colombo

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Teller on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Really interesting discussions are going on. Thanks Sangeetha for opening the thread. now no one can hide the HEXP hidden value. We can see Rs
100 break out with in days or two.
avatar
Teller
Moderator

Posts : 3220
Equity Stars : 11677
Reputation : 111
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Abhudhabi

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Chinwi on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:10 pm



Both Rifanmoh and ifenny are doing good analysis.
Thank you.


@Rifanmoh wrote:Why do you worry about what the management will do with the cash??. If they pay off debt. the company becomes debt free and can avoid interest cost and improve profit immediately. Even after paying off the debt, they will still be left with huge cash balance.

If they pay a one off dividend, isn't it good for shareholders??


I think there is something to concern.  
If trading price increased beyond NAV due to millions in cash ,  as emphasized by someone in another thread ,   what will happen if they drain that cash by giving a big dividend ?  The share should  shrink back to original level.

That is why we should think about real cash in books and trading price especially when a company has considerably higher cash portion in assets.  If trading price go over the real asset level then we may steps into risk zone.  

I saw many people evaluating JKH Warrant prices time to time using various accepted formulas but what happened at the end?

Zero debt is also not 100% good if interest rates are reasonably low.
avatar
Chinwi
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 2993
Equity Stars : 6234
Reputation : 394
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Asia

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Miss-Sangeetha on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:53 pm

Common directors mean not healthy bargaining in this transaction, all coming in under Hayleys purview, and so called independent assessment/ valuation also question mark, appointed by whom or Puppet of whom ?.

Compare to the surrounding place land value, this transaction of land value is extra ordinary high value with huge difference, any how this is Haleys internal decision because they can reach any amount of value and buyers and sellers are same persons under within the Hayleys purview and sharing common directors.

Due to this transaction Hayleys ALUMEX PLC’s total Fixed Asset /land asset value as well as Hayleys HEXP so called profit in land sale of HEXP also increasing in inflated value that is two mangoes in one stone without any efforts and simple way of transaction

Some are even talking about one off dividend payment to share holders from this land sale proceeds

Any prudent concept following accountant or board of directors won’t allow the land sale proceeds to distribute as dividend with considerable proportion of land sale proceeds.

Hayleys ALUMEX PLC’s 420 Million going to be transferred to Hayleys HEXP’s Land disposal account but how sincerely they are going to spend on investment from this land sales proceeds is an another question mark, in the middle of incoming news of right issue of HEXP within three months is an another doldrums. If this right issue talk of HEXP is true, then this transaction will greatly helpful to them.    
avatar
Miss-Sangeetha
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 277
Equity Stars : 688
Reputation : 127
Join date : 2016-06-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Rifanmoh on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:30 pm

@Miss-Sangeetha wrote:Common directors mean not healthy bargaining in this transaction, all coming in under Hayleys purview, and so called independent assessment/ valuation also question mark, appointed by whom or Puppet of whom ?.

Compare to the surrounding place land value, this transaction of land value is extra ordinary high value with huge difference, any how this is Haleys internal decision because they can reach any amount of value and buyers and sellers are same persons under within the Hayleys purview and sharing common directors.

Due to this transaction Hayleys ALUMEX PLC’s total Fixed Asset /land asset value as well as Hayleys HEXP so called profit in land sale of HEXP also increasing in inflated value that is two mangoes in one stone without any efforts and simple way of transaction

Some are even talking about one off dividend payment to share holders from this land sale proceeds

Any prudent concept following accountant or board of directors won’t allow the land sale proceeds to distribute as dividend with considerable proportion of land sale proceeds.

Hayleys ALUMEX PLC’s 420 Million going to be transferred to Hayleys HEXP’s Land disposal account but how sincerely they are going to spend on investment from this land sales proceeds is an another question mark, in the middle of incoming news of right issue of HEXP within three months is an another doldrums. If this right issue talk of HEXP is true, then this transaction will greatly helpful to them.    
Because of this transaction, Hayles PLC's asset value or profit will never increase even by a cent. So there is ultimately no benefit to Hayleys. So how two mangoes in one stone?


If the price HEXP got for its land is considerably higher than surrounding land value, isn't it good for HEXP?? Higher the price higher the profit. 


I discussed the possibility of one off dividend as the least possible option to do with the cash profit of Rs. 200 Mn +. If the Board has no feasible investment opportunities, then they must give it to shareholders as dividends. If Hayleys, the parent, is in need of cash, then you can't eliminate the chance of one off dividend.


But the Board has clearly mentioned  in the related party transaction note released recently, that they have an investment opportunity to use the cash on. 

Rifanmoh
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Posts : 43
Equity Stars : 138
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-12-28
Location : Colombo

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Rifanmoh on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:49 pm

@Chinwi wrote:

Both Rifanmoh and ifenny are doing good analysis.
Thank you.


@Rifanmoh wrote:Why do you worry about what the management will do with the cash??. If they pay off debt. the company becomes debt free and can avoid interest cost and improve profit immediately. Even after paying off the debt, they will still be left with huge cash balance.

If they pay a one off dividend, isn't it good for shareholders??


I think there is something to concern.  
If trading price increased beyond NAV due to millions in cash ,  as emphasized by someone in another thread ,   what will happen if they drain that cash by giving a big dividend ?  The share should  shrink back to original level.

That is why we should think about real cash in books and trading price especially when a company has considerably higher cash portion in assets.  If trading price go over the real asset level then we may steps into risk zone.  

I saw many people evaluating JKH Warrant prices time to time using various accepted formulas but what happened at the end?

Zero debt is also not 100% good if interest rates are reasonably low.
Could see your level of experience in your view. 

It's obvious that the share price will go back to its original value after the possible one off dividend. But one should not miss to see the point that the shareholders any way will get the price difference paid as dividend. So no loss to the shareholders. 

This possible one off dividend is not comparable with share warrants. Here all shareholders are treated equally. 

The Board will decide whether to pay off the debt, only if it's in the best interest of the company. If they think the debt is cheap now, then they will hold on to it. 

Remember that the interest rates at all time highs now considering past few years.

Rifanmoh
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Posts : 43
Equity Stars : 138
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-12-28
Location : Colombo

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by worthiness on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:47 pm

Well, if the loan had been taken sometimes back with fixed interest rate (not variable) the rate should have been very low comparing to that of current.

worthiness
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Posts : 2330
Equity Stars : 6055
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Rifanmoh on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:20 pm

The borrowing of Rs. 89 Mn something is entirely short term loans most of which are O/D from HNB at a rate of LIBOR+4.25%. This variable rate doesn't look so cheap to hold on while such a cash surplus is in hand. Note that interest expenses for the half year was around Rs. 4 Mn which is around 49% of the operating profit. It's a viable decision to settle the loan fully. By this the PAT will increase by atleast 11%.

I repeat, 

The Board will decide whether to pay off the debt, only if it's in the best interest of the company. If they think the debt is cheap now, then they will hold on to it. 

Rifanmoh
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Posts : 43
Equity Stars : 138
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-12-28
Location : Colombo

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Miss-Sangeetha on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:50 pm

@Teller wrote:Really interesting discussions are going on. Thanks Sangeetha for opening the thread. now no  one can hide the HEXP hidden value. We can see Rs
100 break out with  in days or two.

 If your left hand transferred 420 Million to your right hand, will you beat the drum as a very good transaction with huge profit? What is the purpose that the HEXP mentioned honestly about the word “subsidiary companies of Hayleys” and “common directors” in their announcements?  Your PV inner system possibly fabricated storey and how many peoples in the world accessible to your PV inner bullish?

Earlier when The Capital Trust dump JKHW00023 on retails head or Acuity stock brokers dump ALHP on retailers head or even your Bartleet stockers dump HEXP at 96, Have they claimed their responsibility? Or were their Name in company’s first ten share holders list? They had used only third party’s account to dump on others head

I reiterate or reaffirm any prudent concept following accountant or board of directors won’t allow the land sale proceeds to distribute as dividend with considerable proportion of land sale proceeds.

No point in arguing with fake recently opened ID profile with zero or one, two reputation point and less than 20 post, they are coming here for the course of HEXP and disappear or reborn with new ID profile after the manipulation of HEXP.
avatar
Miss-Sangeetha
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Posts : 277
Equity Stars : 688
Reputation : 127
Join date : 2016-06-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Teller, The Great Manipulator Of HEXP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who is online?
In total there are 70 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 68 Guests

samcader, soileconomy

Most users ever online was 541 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:29 am
Statistics
We have 17053 registered users
The newest registered user is dinetha

Our users have posted a total of 322606 messages in 49541 subjects
Forum Rules & Guidelines
Sri Lanka Equity Analytic
Disclaimer

The information contained in this forum have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein.

www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever.

Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.