Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය

Latest topics

» CIFL ANY NEWS
by kjojo Yesterday at 12:15 pm

» HVA - Game changer! High profits this quarter!!!!!
by Captain Yesterday at 11:39 am

» JACKPOT for LDEV share holders
by sanjulanka Yesterday at 10:59 am

» Meka Mahinda Rajapaksege Wadak
by Yahapalanaya Yesterday at 8:20 am

» CFT share එක මොනව හරි දෙයක් වෙනව වාගෙ.
by sameboy Yesterday at 6:10 am

» Foreign Investment
by bushra03 Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:54 pm

» best stocks to buy now
by Ryan Hudson Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:26 pm

» BFN .. ORIENT FINANCE PLC
by rasikagamage Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:58 pm

» RENUKA CAPITAL PLC (KZOO.N0000)
by Namal Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:15 pm

» WATCHOUT CITRUS GROUP SHARES
by Eugine Fernando Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:47 am

» Jackpot For LDEV share holders
by bushra03 Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:07 pm

» LLMP -වාර්තාව හොඳ නැත
by max shanu Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:01 am

» CFVF will HIT. 40 BY Next. Thursday
by sanjulanka Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:45 pm

» MULL trade up possibilities
by Hewagak Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:48 pm

» GROUP LEASE PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED vs COCR
by TARGET Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:21 pm

» Commercial Credit COCR and Group Lease Deal Pricing story
by kjojo Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:10 pm

» HEXP N.0000
by chathura Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:26 am

» CFT 7+...........today
by max shanu Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 am

» GRANN - Gonna fly
by prasa2004 Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 am

» Any News on JINS???
by prasa2004 Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:51 am

» Watch DFCC and NDB and guess which one is best
by Small Investor Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:28 am

» is KFP good to buy
by Fayaz_2017 Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:19 pm

» Plantation stocks
by anjelo Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:43 pm

» Good News - Watch ( VFIN , LFIN , CFIN, SAMP,LOFC)
by Harry82 Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:10 pm

» Avoid investing in Abans Group company shares
by fortuneteller Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:55 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » why srilankan stock market behavior like this?

why srilankan stock market behavior like this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 why srilankan stock market behavior like this? on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:10 pm

Eugine Fernando

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
To my knowledge  I never seen SL stock market behave like this, now SL stock market is fully politicized, those days market was reacted mostly on Company performance and announcements, little on political agenda. At present most of the companies are doing well and coming out with good profit and dividend, and also we are getting good positive news on Srilanka such as GSP+ and more Foreign companies willing to invest. but still market is not reacting the way it should be. During MR time though we got bad news like GSP+ withdrawal, Bombs here and there market was not effected like this. I think some hidden force behind this down fall. hope Gvnt. will come out with a solution to correct this. GL

Learner19

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
This is very obvious now. Today market is kept down artificially by selling down small quantities of following stocks.

1. DIAL - 3000  Rs 31,800  -7.39 points
2. SLTL - 1000  Rs 34,300   -4.09 points

Market is kept down by -11.48 points just by Rs. 66,100 creating a more negative picture and forcing others to sell and keeping market low. 

This is an organized crime.

Learner19

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
JKH and the market will be kept low until the remaining quantity of JKH is bought by the manipulating party. Then market will start moving. Until then what ever good news come in, market will not move. This is the pathetic situation in CSE. We dont need political uncertainty to bring the market down. Mere Rs 65,100 could bring the market down today. We will wait and see. They will bring up the market when they want. Ride with the tide.

Eugine Fernando

@Learner19 wrote:JKH and the market will be kept low until the remaining quantity of JKH is bought by the manipulating party. Then market will start moving. Until then what ever good news come in, market will not move. This is the pathetic situation in CSE. We dont need political uncertainty to bring the market down. Mere Rs 65,100 could bring the market down today. We will wait and see. They will bring up the market when they want. Ride with the tide.
Thanks for you commends. If they can bring up the market when they want, that itself a crime, market has to move freely, not in a artificial way.

kalu_mahaththaya

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
THE PERSON WHO PUBLISHED THIS TOPIC IS EATING "JACK LEAVES". PEOPLE ARE CONSIDERING MANY PARAMETERES BEFORE ENTERING INTO AN INVESTMENT DECISION. BECAUSE EVERYBODY WANTS TO GAIN PROFIT. THEIR DECISION DEPENDS ON MANY DIFFERENT MACRO AND MICRO VARIABLES AND FORECASTS OF MANY DIFFERENT INSTITUTIONS. PEOPLE DO NOT MUCH CARE ABOUT PROFIT MAKING OF COMAPNIES BUT STABILITY OF THE COMPANIES AND RISK OF THEIR INVESTMENTS.

Ryan Hudson

Cannot agree with you more, this is organised crime

PrasannaMani

Manager - Equity Analytics
@kalu_mahaththaya wrote:THE PERSON WHO PUBLISHED THIS TOPIC IS EATING "JACK LEAVES". PEOPLE ARE CONSIDERING MANY PARAMETERES BEFORE ENTERING INTO AN INVESTMENT DECISION. BECAUSE EVERYBODY WANTS TO GAIN PROFIT. THEIR DECISION DEPENDS ON MANY DIFFERENT MACRO AND MICRO VARIABLES AND FORECASTS OF MANY DIFFERENT INSTITUTIONS. PEOPLE DO NOT MUCH CARE ABOUT PROFIT MAKING OF COMAPNIES BUT STABILITY OF THE COMPANIES AND RISK OF THEIR INVESTMENTS.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PrasannaMani

@Eugine Fernando wrote:To my knowledge  I never seen SL stock market behave like this, now SL stock market is fully politicized, those days market was reacted mostly on Company performance and announcements, little on political agenda. At present most of the companies are doing well and coming out with good profit and dividend, and also we are getting good positive news on Srilanka such as GSP+ and more Foreign companies willing to invest. but still market is not reacting the way it should be. During MR time though we got bad news like GSP+ withdrawal, Bombs here and there market was not effected like this. I think some hidden force behind this down fall. hope Gvnt. will come out with a solution to correct this. GL

Think and invest.

Eugine Fernando

@kalu_mahaththaya wrote:THE PERSON WHO PUBLISHED THIS TOPIC IS EATING "JACK LEAVES". PEOPLE ARE CONSIDERING MANY PARAMETERES BEFORE ENTERING INTO AN INVESTMENT DECISION. BECAUSE EVERYBODY WANTS TO GAIN PROFIT. THEIR DECISION DEPENDS ON MANY DIFFERENT MACRO AND MICRO VARIABLES AND FORECASTS OF MANY DIFFERENT INSTITUTIONS. PEOPLE DO NOT MUCH CARE ABOUT PROFIT MAKING OF COMAPNIES BUT STABILITY OF THE COMPANIES AND RISK OF THEIR INVESTMENTS.
YOU MUST BE EATING  `PUNNAKKU` THAT IS WHY YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND THE CURRENT MARKET MOVEMENT.

PrasannaMani

@Ryan Hudson wrote:Cannot agree with you more, this is organised crime
But we can't control the external factors.

Whats happening is not ethical...This is not new...This is How..

Rifanmoh

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
CSE is so small. Highly Vulnerable to such practices. But can they do this for long time?

Long term investors should not worry i guess.

PrasannaMani

@Eugine Fernando wrote:
YOU MUST BE EATING  `PUNNAKKU` THAT IS WHY YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND THE CURRENT MARKET MOVEMENT.
Come on buddy.Be cool. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

kalu_mahaththaya

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
ACCORDING TO EUGENE FERNANDO, SRI LANKAN STOCK MARKET CAN BE DROPPED DOWN BY A PERSON WHO HAS RS. 100,000/-..LOL..DUE TO THE FOOLISH POCILIES OF THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT, SRI LANKA IS NOW IN A "MONETARY BUBBLE".. IF IT BLASTS, THE ENTIRE ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE..STILL NOW, WE ARE IN REVERSIBLE LEVEL..IF IT GOES ABOVE THE NOSE LIMIT " GOD HELP US"...THAT'S WHY BLOOMBERG AND ALL OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS HAVE DOWNGRADED SRI LANKA...

Eugine Fernando

@kalu_mahaththaya wrote:ACCORDING TO EUGENE FERNANDO, SRI LANKAN STOCK MARKET CAN BE DROPPED DOWN BY A PERSON WHO HAS RS. 100,000/-..LOL..DUE TO THE FOOLISH POCILIES OF THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT, SRI LANKA IS NOW IN A "MONETARY BUBBLE".. IF IT BLASTS, THE ENTIRE ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE..STILL NOW, WE ARE IN REVERSIBLE LEVEL..IF IT GOES ABOVE THE NOSE LIMIT " GOD HELP US"...THAT'S WHY BLOOMBERG AND ALL OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS HAVE DOWNGRADED SRI LANKA...
I agree, The Foolish Policies of the current Gvnt.  and also failing to implement budget proposals on revenue matters., but I don`t agree SL economy is in a very bad shape now as you mentioned, I thing now SL is moving on a correct path, that's why IMF & world bank coming out with so many financial supports. As par as I know Other than Bloomberg no other Financial institutions have downgraded Srilanka. Can you name the other Institutions which have downgraded Srilanka please.

Eugine Fernando

Dear Bro. Kalu mahaththaya Pl. watch to day`s trading up to now they are playing with JKH to bring down the market. This is my worry Sad Sad Sad

kalu_mahaththaya

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@Eugine Fernando wrote:
@kalu_mahaththaya wrote:ACCORDING TO EUGENE FERNANDO, SRI LANKAN STOCK MARKET CAN BE DROPPED DOWN BY A PERSON WHO HAS RS. 100,000/-..LOL..DUE TO THE FOOLISH POCILIES OF THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT, SRI LANKA IS NOW IN A "MONETARY BUBBLE".. IF IT BLASTS, THE ENTIRE ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE..STILL NOW, WE ARE IN REVERSIBLE LEVEL..IF IT GOES ABOVE THE NOSE LIMIT " GOD HELP US"...THAT'S WHY BLOOMBERG AND ALL OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS HAVE DOWNGRADED SRI LANKA...
I agree, The Foolish Policies of the current Gvnt.  and also failing to implement budget proposals on revenue matters., but I don`t agree SL economy is in a very bad shape now as you mentioned, I thing now SL is moving on a correct path, that's why IMF & world bank coming out with so many financial supports. As par as I know Other than Bloomberg no other Financial institutions have downgraded Srilanka. Can you name the other Institutions which have downgraded Srilanka please.
THEN WHAT ABOUT DOWNGRADINGS DONE BY WORLD RATING INSTITUTIONS?

kalu_mahaththaya

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
I'M SORRY EUGENE FERNANDO FOR THE LAST COMMENT OF " JACK LEAF" EATER...FIRST WE HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION..WHAT IS THIS "MONETARY BUBLE"...?  WHEN "YAHAPALANA" GOVERNMENT WAS ESTABLASHED THEY WANTED TO MANAGE THE BALANCE OF PAYMENT..THEY FOUND A METHOD NOT SHOWING THE CORRECT PICTURE AND EXPLOITING THE ECONOMIC INDICATORS.. THEY "PRINT MONEY" DAILY AND REPURCHASED THEM USING GOVERNMENT BONDS. " AMOUNT IN = AMOUNT OUT". THE CURRENCY HELD BY PUBLIC IS DECREASING AND CURRENCY HELD BY GOVT IS INCREASING...( THE CASE WILL BE EXPOSED WHEN THE BONDS BECOME MATURED") UNTIL THAT, IT DOES NOT AFFECT PROMINENTLY..WHEN IT IS EXPOSED RANIL OR ANY OTHER PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE ARE NOT IN SRI LANKA BECAUSE THE MATURITY PERIOD IS VERY LONG..WHEN THE SO CALLED " CANTRAL BANK ROBBERY" HAPPENED THE INTEREST APPRECIATION WORSEN THE SITUATION APPRECIATING BUBBLE EXPANTION RATE...WHEN IT BURST THE WHOLE COUNTRY BECOMES ANOTHER GREECE, MAY BE WORSEN...BLUMBERG NOW HAVE EXPERIENCE OF GREECE..RATING INSTITUTIONS ALSO..THAT'S WHY PEOPLE DOWNGRADED SRI LANKA.

kalu_mahaththaya

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
EUGENE FERNANDO, ANSWER FOR YOUR OBSERVATION IS SMALL INVESTORS ARE SELLING THEIR STOCKS BEFORE THE LARGE STOCK HOLDERS AND LARGE STOCK HOLDERS ARE WAITING AND OBSERVING WITH LOOSING CONFIDENCE..(RATS JUMPS OUT BEFORE THE SHIP SINKS AND PEOPLE TRIES TO KEEP THE SHIP WITHOUT SINKING..) WHO WINS? RATS OR PEOPLE...?

Eugine Fernando

I am  agreed on some of your points, Even I wanted, the Gvnt. should  confiscate total assets of PPT for CB Bond loss.,  but for the current Financial debacle former Gvnt. has to be blame the way they invested public money on unwanted projects and stealing on that. Even with the present Gvnt. most of the ministers are doing the same. I am not supporting any party, 98% of the present politicians are corrupt. What can we do, we have to live with them., and hopping for the best to happen. GL

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum