Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

Submit Post
සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» FUTURE GEMS.....
by point Today at 6:02 pm

» Dividend payments
by alphamm Yesterday at 9:52 pm

» VONE , is it time to sell or holds
by 2017 Cse Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» MGT & REEF ????
by Ran49 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» UBC KEEP WATCHING
by Ran49 Yesterday at 8:04 pm

» Sampath Bank PLC - A giant awakening
by EquityChamp Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» COCR can be attractive
by SUSPENS Yesterday at 6:54 pm

» COCR will be a silent runner
by suku502 Yesterday at 1:33 pm

» Orient Finance PLC- possible future star
by DS Wijesinghe Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:29 pm

» Companies to invest long term
by EquityChamp Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:56 pm

» The Stock Chat by EquityChamp
by glad Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:12 am

» Blue Chip Companies
by glad Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:22 am

» WHAT HAPPENED TO DIST?
by EquityChamp Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:51 pm

» JINS Share Repurchase
by EquityChamp Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:03 am

» LIOC N.........................
by EquityChamp Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:54 pm

» Abans finance PLC in deep trouble?
by Wimal Modawansa Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:03 pm

» Singer Finance worth to look at
by anges Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:37 pm

» Laxapana Batteries - A New Begining
by EquityChamp Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:10 am

» Kelani Tyres PLC - Invest for the future
by EquityChamp Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:59 am

» Teejay Jersey Lanka PLC - Depreciated Rupee had a very positive impact
by anges Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Forum Disclaimer

The information contained in this forum have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein.

www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever.

Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Sri Lanka’s Auditor General acted unprofessionally: Finance Minister

Sri Lanka’s Auditor General acted unprofessionally: Finance Minister

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PrasannaMani

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
[size=33]Sri Lanka’s Auditor General acted unprofessionally: Finance Minister[/size]
Author LBO
Posted on January 25, 2017 | Bills & BondsEconomyFeaturedLead Story

Jan 25, 2017 (LBO) – Sri Lanka’s Finance Minister Ravi Karunanayake today accused the Auditor General of releasing a confidential report to COPE without his knowledge.
On the 19th August 2016, the Finance Minister had requested a special report from the Auditor General under section 43 (2) of the Monetary Law Act, within a period of 3 months.
The report relates to books of Central Bank on direct private placements in government securities since 2008. The volumes contain a large pool of individual information as well as details of issuances of government securities which are considered highly market sensitive.
JVP Parliamentarian Bimal Rathnayake, during the bond debate yesterday, quoted information from the report received through the COPE chairman.
Rathnayake said from 2008 onwards the Central Bank had often used private placements. He said 57 percent of the time it had proven profitable to the government.
The Finance Minister told Parliament that by sending a copy to COPE, the Auditor General has breached the information confidentiality requirement and relevant procedure.
“This examination contains findings strictly for my use for the purpose of making new polices with respect to the issuances of securities and public debt management,” Karunanayake said.
“I’m of the view that the Auditor General has breached the information confidentiality requirement and relevant procedure.”
He said the leakage of this information will adversely effect the government security market operations and interest rates in the economy and will raise the cost of borrowings.
“These are not matters that should be taken lightly and I hold everybody to take responsibility if the cost of capital goes up.”
Karunanayake further said that he has not instructed any body to receive a copy.
“Information that I have asked revealed to somebody outside without even my knowledge is something serious, unprofessional and not like the Auditor Generals that have acted in the past,” he said.
“I propose that the Attorney General has acted unprofessionally and unofficially without due care of public duties.”

kalu_mahaththaya

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
THE BANKER MAGAZENE HAD SELECTED BOC AND COMMERCIAL BANK AS LOCAL BANKS IN TOP 1000 BANKS IN THE WORLD. I WAS DELIGHTED TO SEE THAT BECAUSE WE SHOULD BE PROUD OF THAT. HOWEVER IT ALSO HAS SELECTED MR RAVI KARUNANAYAKE AS THE BEST ASIAN FINANCIAL MINISTER AND NOW I'M IN DILLEMMA TO ACCEPT BANKER MAGAZENE'S RESULTS ANY FURTHER...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum