Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය

Latest topics

» CIFL ANY NEWS
by kjojo Yesterday at 12:15 pm

» HVA - Game changer! High profits this quarter!!!!!
by Captain Yesterday at 11:39 am

» JACKPOT for LDEV share holders
by sanjulanka Yesterday at 10:59 am

» Meka Mahinda Rajapaksege Wadak
by Yahapalanaya Yesterday at 8:20 am

» CFT share එක මොනව හරි දෙයක් වෙනව වාගෙ.
by sameboy Yesterday at 6:10 am

» Foreign Investment
by bushra03 Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:54 pm

» best stocks to buy now
by Ryan Hudson Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:26 pm

» BFN .. ORIENT FINANCE PLC
by rasikagamage Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:58 pm

» RENUKA CAPITAL PLC (KZOO.N0000)
by Namal Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:15 pm

» WATCHOUT CITRUS GROUP SHARES
by Eugine Fernando Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:47 am

» Jackpot For LDEV share holders
by bushra03 Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:07 pm

» LLMP -වාර්තාව හොඳ නැත
by max shanu Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:01 am

» CFVF will HIT. 40 BY Next. Thursday
by sanjulanka Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:45 pm

» MULL trade up possibilities
by Hewagak Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:48 pm

» GROUP LEASE PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED vs COCR
by TARGET Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:21 pm

» Commercial Credit COCR and Group Lease Deal Pricing story
by kjojo Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:10 pm

» HEXP N.0000
by chathura Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:26 am

» CFT 7+...........today
by max shanu Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 am

» GRANN - Gonna fly
by prasa2004 Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 am

» Any News on JINS???
by prasa2004 Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:51 am

» Watch DFCC and NDB and guess which one is best
by Small Investor Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:28 am

» is KFP good to buy
by Fayaz_2017 Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:19 pm

» Plantation stocks
by anjelo Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:43 pm

» Good News - Watch ( VFIN , LFIN , CFIN, SAMP,LOFC)
by Harry82 Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:10 pm

» Avoid investing in Abans Group company shares
by fortuneteller Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:55 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE

MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:50 pm

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
First topic message reminder :

Second month of the year 2017 is moving on without an affirmative action. Now the patient is in a state of near death experience waiting for bright light or sound, dark tunnel before responding "Yes" or "No".


26 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:28 am

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Such statements are invalid. People ( voters) think differently. Media cannot cheat them as before. They are smart now except few.

27 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:15 am

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
During the time of MR govt person like Nivard Cabral did every thin possible to manipulate Economic indicators by hook or crook

Some action was harmful to the economy in the long run

They did same thing to stock market indicators also

If we consider stock market person like Godahewa made every effort to show upward trend in stock successfully although economic management was very week

Now Economic Management as well as management of stock is very

week

Economic Advisers of President and Prime Minister must give proper attention to stock market advice them to take proper action

During last govt President conducted several meetings with Brokers and interested parties. i criticise these meetings saying with out proper economic management conducting meeting is useless





28 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:23 am

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
There are some typing mistake in above posting

I do not know why i do not have facility to add new topics correct and delete


I hope Administrators will give proper attention to my personal problem

29 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:27 am

predictor


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
People use to say the stock market is a mirror of the country's economy. Due to this reason interested group linked to certain political party was manipulating the market. 
When the economy was not doing well they were very active in the market to show the economy was doing well and market went up without any basis.They made millions and millions.Some of these guys may be having foreign accounts and their transactions go as foreign.
Now they are not allowing it to go up in order to say economy is bad.
Actually now the country is on right track. 
Corruption reduced compared to previous regime. people can talk freely. Right for information is there now. International relations have improved tremendously. Tourists are coming and inflow has gone up to us $ 3.2 bln in 2016. It is not easy to change overnight.


May be these manipulators are part of the big group who want to save the bigwigs of the previous regime going to prison. Similarly protests are done everywhere in the city for the same purpose.
Think of Saitem. Where were these doctors when Mahinda was in power. They were given vehicle permits, special facilities to send their children to colombo schools etc. When those were withdrawn or reduced by this govt they are unhappy and opposition can fuel them easily.


Look at the real picture.
Salaries of Govt sector and private sector were increased substantially. cost of medicine has come down, Cost of fuel came down by about 15%. 
Vat increase and the cost of living increase is negligible.
Weerawansa is in remand only for misusing vehicles. Giving houses either free or at very low prices are yet to come. His wife's identity card case is fixed for trials in May. Mahinda's security Nevile's case will come up in March. JO now feels the heat. that is the issue now.

30 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:58 am

soileconomy


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@predictor wrote:People use to say the stock market is a mirror of the country's economy. Due to this reason interested group linked to certain political party was manipulating the market. 
When the economy was not doing well they were very active in the market to show the economy was doing well and market went up without any basis.They made millions and millions.Some of these guys may be having foreign accounts and their transactions go as foreign.
Now they are not allowing it to go up in order to say economy is bad.
Actually now the country is on right track. 
Corruption reduced compared to previous regime. people can talk freely. Right for information is there now. International relations have improved tremendously. Tourists are coming and inflow has gone up to us $ 3.2 bln in 2016. It is not easy to change overnight.


May be these manipulators are part of the big group who want to save the bigwigs of the previous regime going to prison. Similarly protests are done everywhere in the city for the same purpose.
Think of Saitem. Where were these doctors when Mahinda was in power. They were given vehicle permits, special facilities to send their children to colombo schools etc. When those were withdrawn or reduced by this govt they are unhappy and opposition can fuel them easily.


Look at the real picture.
Salaries of Govt sector and private sector were increased substantially. cost of medicine has come down, Cost of fuel came down by about 15%. 
Vat increase and the cost of living increase is negligible.
Weerawansa is in remand only for misusing vehicles. Giving houses either free or at very low prices are yet to come. His wife's identity card case is fixed for trials in May. Mahinda's security Nevile's case will come up in March. JO now feels the heat. that is the issue now.
Bond sacm.
Selling national assets
Tax consession given to certain parties.
Rising cost of living
And many more is not covered here in your article.
If weerawansa does not speak or if he joins the government all the charges will...
Rajitha's ships...
Misuse of government vehicle by some ministers like Lasantha Alagiwanna..
Betraying whole country to India..
Signing of ECTA....
Loosing of mega projects...

31 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:14 pm

predictor


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Don't get carried away with few popular headings like bond issue, selling national assets, cost of living etc. These are peanuts compared to total losses incurred by previous regime.

Last regime losses were unbelievable. I can give you just a little as follows.

The Sad State Of SriLankan Airlines: From Rs. 4.4 Billion Profit To Rs. 107 Billion Loss In 7 Years
https://www.colombotelegraph.com/index.php/the-sad-state-of-srilankan-airlines-from-rs-4-4-billion-profit-to-rs-107-billion-loss-in-7-years/
Plreas the article

Chairman of srilankan airlines was BIL of Mahinda


Hedging deal cost CPC over Rs. 9 billion loss: Auditor General
Who was the chairman at CPC at that time. What was the relationship of Asantha to Mahinda ?

Please read the Cope Report
Quote
"We do not know who would shoulder the burden of loss making Sooriyawewa Cricket Stadium whether it is the Sri Lanka Cricket or Sri Lanka Ports Authority. Hambantota Harbour alone has made a colossal loss of 37,000 million rupees. The Lotus Tower project is also another drain on the economy
The COPE has found that the Sri Lanka Rupvahini Corporation had telecast all the advertisements with a value of Rs 34,719,750 of one presidential candidate free of charge during the last presidential election.

The National Lotteries Board has paid Rs 64,680,000 for displaying hoardings in Nov 2014 without properly depicting advertising purposes through the photographs depicted in them.
Unquoted

http://nation.lk/online/2015/10/07/sil-redi-case-to-be-taken-on-nov-09.html

Two high ranking officials of the Mahinda Rajapaksa government were indicted yesterday on misusing public property, amounting up to Rs. 600 million. Both; former Chairman of Telecommunication Regulatory Commission Anusha Palpita and Secretary of the former President, Lalith Weeratunga pleaded not guilty and were granted bail by the Colombo High Court.


I have given just few cases which were proved.
There are enough and more. 

32 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:08 pm

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Just before local election it is said that many provable secrets will be disclosed which create upside down situation. It might strike both sides. 
Some are in view of favorable economic outlook by end of the year. If so, there should be certain signs that developing gradually. Capital market development can be considered as one of the perceptible indications of something not immediately apparent.

33 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:09 pm

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Just before local election it is said that many provable secrets will be disclosed which create upside down situation. It might strike both sides. 
Some are in view of favorable economic outlook by end of the year. If so, there should be certain signs that developing gradually. Capital market development can be considered as one of the perceptible indications of something not immediately apparent.

34 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:52 am

soileconomy

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
I think if we gauge the loss incurred by bond sacm it will surpass most expensive development done by last regime.

35 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:42 pm

predictor


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
I was able to find a document regarding the bond issue.
http://newsfirst.lk/english/2016/12/cbsl-bond-scam-authorities-yet-take-action-loss-billions/156023



Quote
"Despite obstacles, the observations of the Auditor Generals report was that during both bond issuances, the country suffered a loss of Rs.1674 Million."
Unquote
Compare this with the srilankan loss due to Mahinda's decision on Srilankan CEO. Its 63 times just one case. Forget all others.
This govt. issue is their inability to use media like what Mahinda did in his time.
People are unaware of actual facts.
 
The Sad State Of SriLankan Airlines: From Rs. 4.4 Billion Profit To Rs. 107 Billion Loss In 7 Years

36 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:12 pm

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
MR Govt destroyed all institutions and systems and give powers to individuals

Now this govt try to create institutions and develop systems already crated independent commissions
You can see improvement of Rule Of Law

No difference between Nivad Cabral and, Arjun Mahendran No difference between  Basil Rajapaka and Present Ministers like Samavicrama or Kirielle All are in the same boat They will always try to make money 

Because of system now some action is taken against corruptions I do not say it is sufficient

There will be no room for corruptions 
When system and institution established properly

Our duty is support this govt to establish systems procedures and institutions I think MS is trying to do that

Then market will also go up in the long run

37 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:14 pm

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
New events come up that lead to vast change of social life & political pattern. In turn, reversal of poor economy brings full of surprises. That is what some believe by the end of the year.

38 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Quibit

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Predictor seems getting wrong information whilst the right for information act in place.

39 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:50 am

samaritan


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Quibit wrote:Predictor seems getting wrong information whilst the right for information act in place.

40 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:11 am

Eugine Fernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:MR Govt destroyed all institutions and systems and give powers to individuals

Now this govt try to create institutions and develop systems already crated independent commissions
You can see improvement of Rule Of Law

No difference between Nivad Cabral and, Arjun Mahendran No difference between  Basil Rajapaka and Present Ministers like Samavicrama or Kirielle All are in the same boat They will always try to make money 

Because of system now some action is taken against corruptions I do not say it is sufficient

There will be no room for corruptions 
When system and institution established properly

Our duty is support this govt to establish systems procedures and institutions I think MS is trying to do that

Then market will also go up in the long run
ලබන මාසේ රවීගෙන් මුදල් ඇමතිකමත් කිරිඇල්ලගෙන් උසස් අධ්‍යාපන ඇමතිකමත් ඉවත් කරන කතාව
 


ලබන මාසේ රවීගෙන් මුදල් ඇමතිකමත්
කිරිඇල්ලගෙන් උසස් අධ්‍යාපන ඇමතිකමත්
ඉවත් කරන කතාව

මීට ටික දිනකට පෙර ජනපතිවරයා සිදු කරන්නට සැලසුම් කළ කැබිනට් සංශෝධනයේදී ප්‍රධාන වෙනස්කමක් ලෙස දැනට මුදල් ඇමති ධූරය හොබවන රවී කරුණානායක මුදල් ඇමති ධූරයෙන් ඉවත් කිරීමට යෝජිතව තිබුණ බව දේශපාලන ආරංචි හෙළිදරව් කරනවා.
මෙම වෙනස්කම මේ වනවිට
ලබන මාර්තු මාසය දක්වා කල් දමා ඇත.

මුදල් ඇමති ධූරයට ආචාර්ය සරත් අමුණුගම යෝජනා කරන්නට ජනපති උත්සාහ කළත් වත්මන් රජය එජාප-ශ්‍රීලනිප හවුලක් ලෙස පිහිටුවීමේදී ඇති කරගත් ගිවිසුම මත මුදල් ඇමතිකම එක්සත් ජාතික පක්ෂයට වෙන් කර දුන් ඇමැති ධුරයක් නිසා එය සිදු කරන්නට බැරිව ගොස් ඇති අතර අගමැති රනිල් යටතට මුදල් ඇමතිකම පවරන්නට ඒ අනුව යෝජනාවී ඇත.
ඉරාන් වික්‍රරත්න මහතා මුදල් නියෝජ්‍ය ඇමැති ධුරයට යෝජනා වී ඇත.
මුදල් ඇමති ධූරය වෙනුවට රවී කරුණානායකට ලබාදෙන්නට තීන්දු කර ඇත්තේ  වරාය හා නාවික අමාත්‍ය ධුරයයි.
දැනට වරාය කටයුතු භාර අර්ජුන රණතුංගගෙන් ඒ විෂය ඒ අනුව වෙනස් කරනු ඇත.
උසස් අධ්‍යාපන ඇමති ධූරය දරන ලක්ෂ්මන් කිරි ඇල්ලගේද විෂය වෙනස් කරන්නට ජනපති තීරණය කර තිබේ.
විජේදාස රාජපක්ෂගෙන් අධිකරණ ඇමති ධූරය ඉවත් කර එය කිරි ඇල්ලට ලබාදීමට යෝජනාවී ඇත.
චන්දිම වීරක්කොඩිට අයත් අමාත්‍යංශයද ලබන මාසයේ සංශෝධනයට ලක්කරන්නට යෝජනාවී තිබේ.

41 Re: MARKET IN NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:37 pm

sheildskye

avatar
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
I wonder if the PM will allow this

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum