Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය

Latest topics

» LLMP -වාර්තාව හොඳ නැත
by max shanu Today at 9:01 am

» Meka Mahinda Rajapaksege Wadak
by kjojo Today at 8:55 am

» CFVF will HIT. 40 BY Next. Thursday
by sanjulanka Yesterday at 11:45 pm

» MULL trade up possibilities
by Hewagak Yesterday at 8:48 pm

» GROUP LEASE PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED vs COCR
by TARGET Yesterday at 6:21 pm

» Commercial Credit COCR and Group Lease Deal Pricing story
by kjojo Yesterday at 3:10 pm

» CFT share එක මොනව හරි දෙයක් වෙනව වාගෙ.
by sameboy Yesterday at 2:36 pm

» WATCHOUT CITRUS GROUP SHARES
by TuTanKaman Yesterday at 12:22 pm

» HEXP N.0000
by chathura Yesterday at 11:26 am

» CFT 7+...........today
by max shanu Yesterday at 11:10 am

» GRANN - Gonna fly
by prasa2004 Yesterday at 8:55 am

» Any News on JINS???
by prasa2004 Yesterday at 8:51 am

» RENUKA CAPITAL PLC (KZOO.N0000)
by kjojo Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:28 pm

» Watch DFCC and NDB and guess which one is best
by Small Investor Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:28 am

» HVA - Game changer! High profits this quarter!!!!!
by Yahapalanaya Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:51 pm

» is KFP good to buy
by Fayaz_2017 Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:19 pm

» Plantation stocks
by anjelo Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:43 pm

» Good News - Watch ( VFIN , LFIN , CFIN, SAMP,LOFC)
by Harry82 Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:10 pm

» Avoid investing in Abans Group company shares
by fortuneteller Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:55 pm

» LDEV trading on a PEOf 2
by bushra03 Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:38 pm

» How about LDEV
by sanjulanka Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:16 pm

» Plantation Stocks....
by JamesL Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:04 pm

» Don't get caught others form promoters plantation shares
by Wimal Modawansa Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:18 am

» Yhapalana Budget 2018
by soileconomy Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:26 pm

» ALLI IS GOOD TO BUY
by JamesL Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:03 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » FOR YOUR ATTENTION

FOR YOUR ATTENTION

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 FOR YOUR ATTENTION on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:28 am

ruwan326

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I would like to start this topic to enlighten  the forum members daily. Fell free to share yours  here Very Happy 

PRESENT STATE

The difference between the poor and rich nations is not the age of the Nation.
This can be demonstrated by countries like India and Egypt, which are more than
2000 years old and are still poor countries.
On the other hand, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, which 150 years back were insignificant, today are developed and rich countries.
The difference between the poor and rich nation does not also depend on the available natural resources.
Japan has limited territory, 80% mountainous, unsuitable for agriculture or farming, but is the third in worlds economy. The country is like an immense floating factory, importing raw material from the whole world and exporting manufactured products.
Second example is Switzerland, it does not grow cocoa but produces the best chocolates in the world. In her small territory she rears animals and cultivates the land only for four month in a year, nevertheless manufactures the best milk products. A small country which is an image of security which has made it the strongest world bank.
Executives from rich countries who interact with their counterparts from poor countries show no significant intellectual differences.
The racial or colour factors also do not evince importance: migrants heavy in laziness in their country of origin are forcefully productive in rich European countries.
What then is the difference?
The difference is the attitude of the people, molded for many years by education and culture.
When we analyze the conduct of the people from the rich and developed countries, it is observed that a majority abide by the following principles of life:
1. Ethics, as basic principles.
2. Integrity.
3. Responsibility.
4. The respect for Laws and Regulations.
5. The respect from majority of citizens by right.
6. The love for work.
7. The effort to save and invest.
8. The will to be productive.
9. Punctuality.
In the poor countries a small minority follow these basic principles in their daily life.
We are not poor because we lack natural resources or because nature was cruel towards us.
We are poor because we lack attitude. We lack the will to follow and teach these principles of working of rich and developed societies.
WE ARE IN THIS STATE BECAUSE
WE WANT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OVER
EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE.
WE SEE SOMETHING DONE WRONG
AND SAY - “LET IT BE”
WE SHOULD HAVE A SPIRITED MEMORY
AND ATTITUDE…
ONLY THEN WILL WE BE ABLE TO CHANGE OUR PRESENT STATE.

2 Re: FOR YOUR ATTENTION on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:51 am

soileconomy

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Good article to read and practice

3 Re: FOR YOUR ATTENTION on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:10 am

nirowat

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Whole heartedly agree

I would also like to add that apart from education and culture we have been kept in the well deliberately by the ruling parties/families

Till we break free there will not be any change in our future

The best example is France, they kicked out all three front line so called parties for the sake of the future

4 Re: FOR YOUR ATTENTION on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:02 am

ruwan326

@ruwan326 wrote:I would like to start this topic to enlighten  the forum members daily. Feel free to share yours  here Very Happy 

PRESENT STATE

The difference between the poor and rich nations is not the age of the Nation.
This can be demonstrated by countries like India and Egypt, which are more than
2000 years old and are still poor countries.
On the other hand, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, which 150 years back were insignificant, today are developed and rich countries.
The difference between the poor and rich nation does not also depend on the available natural resources.
Japan has limited territory, 80% mountainous, unsuitable for agriculture or farming, but is the third in worlds economy. The country is like an immense floating factory, importing raw material from the whole world and exporting manufactured products.
Second example is Switzerland, it does not grow cocoa but produces the best chocolates in the world. In her small territory she rears animals and cultivates the land only for four month in a year, nevertheless manufactures the best milk products. A small country which is an image of security which has made it the strongest world bank.
Executives from rich countries who interact with their counterparts from poor countries show no significant intellectual differences.
The racial or colour factors also do not evince importance: migrants heavy in laziness in their country of origin are forcefully productive in rich European countries.
What then is the difference?
The difference is the attitude of the people, molded for many years by education and culture.
When we analyze the conduct of the people from the rich and developed countries, it is observed that a majority abide by the following principles of life:
1. Ethics, as basic principles.
2. Integrity.
3. Responsibility.
4. The respect for Laws and Regulations.
5. The respect from majority of citizens by right.
6. The love for work.
7. The effort to save and invest.
8. The will to be productive.
9. Punctuality.
In the poor countries a small minority follow these basic principles in their daily life.
We are not poor because we lack natural resources or because nature was cruel towards us.
We are poor because we lack attitude. We lack the will to follow and teach these principles of working of rich and developed societies.
WE WANT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OVER
EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE.
WE SEE SOMETHING DONE WRONG
AND SAY - “LET IT BE”
WE SHOULD HAVE A SPIRITED MEMORY
AND ATTITUDE…
ONLY THEN WILL WE BE ABLE TO CHANGE OUR PRESENT STATE.
SRI LANKANS 

Bill Gates organized an enormous session to recruit a new Chairman for
Microsoft Europe.
5000 candidates assembled in a large room.

One candidate was Sompala Pathirana a Sinhalese living in USA .
Bill Gates thanked all the candidates for coming and asking those who
do not know JAVA programming to leave.

2000 people leave the room.
Somapala says to himself, 'I do not know JAVA but I have nothing to lose
if I stay. I'll give it a try' .
Bill Gates asked the candidates who never had experience of managing
more than 100 people to leave.
2000 people leave the room.
Somapala says to himself ' I never managed anybody by myself but I have
nothing to lose if I stay. What can happen to me?' So he stays.
Then Bill Gates asked candidates who do not have management diplomas to leave.
500 people leave the room. Somapala says to himself, 'I left school at 15
but what have I got to lose?'
So he stays in the room.
Lastly, Bill Gates asked the candidates who do not speak Serbo - Croat to leave.
498 people leave the room.
Somapala says to himself, ' I do not speak one word of Serbo - Croat but
what do I have to lose?'
So he stays and finds himself with one other candidate.
Everyone else has gone.
Bill Gates joined them and said
'Apparently you are the only two candidates who have all the required
qualifications & experience I am looking for and speak Serbo - Croat, so I'd now like to hear you have a
conversation together in that language.'
and......
calmly, Somapala turns to the other candidate and says ` කොහොමද මචං? (how are you???)
The other candidate answers ' අම්මට සිරි .......... උඹත් ලංකාවේද ?'(Oh.. you also from Sri lanka?)

5 Re: FOR YOUR ATTENTION on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:22 am

ruwan326

Become an Entrepreneur
For our children

In Delhi, there was a Samosa vendor. His shop was in front of a Big company. His Samosa was so tasty. Most of the employees use to eat that samosa at lunch time. One day, a Manager came to that samosa seller. While he was eating samosa he asks a question: ' you have maintained your shop so nicely and have good management skills. Don’t you think that you are wasting your talent and time by selling just Samosas? Think, if you were working like me in any big company, you would have been a manager like me, isn't it?'

Poor samosa seller, smiled at the manager and said: Sir, I thought my work is better than your work. Do u know why? 10 years back I used to sell samosa in Leaf basket. At same time you got this job. That time I was earning Rs. 1,000 in a month and your salary was 10K. In this 10 years of journey, we did progress a lot. I owned a shop and became famous samosa vendor in this area and you became a manager. Now you are earning Rs.1 lakh while I am earning same and sometimes more than you.

So surely, I can say that my work is better than yours. It’s because of my kids future. Let me explain – Please pay close attention to my word. I started my career at lowest income. my son doesn’t have to suffer the same. One day my son will take over my business. He doesn’t have to start from 0. He will get fully established business, but in your case, the benefits will be taken by your boss kids, not by your kids. You cannot offer your same post to your son or daughter. They have to start from zero again. Whatever you have suffered 10 years ago, your kids have to suffer the same. My son will extend my business from now and when your kid will be manager my son will be far away. Now tell me who is wasting the Talent and Time?? Manager gave Rs.50 for two samosa and he didn’t speak any word and left.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum