Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka News
Forum Disclaimer

The information contained in this forum have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein.

www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever.

Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!!

COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:55 am

anges


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
First topic message reminder :

MARKET WILL CRASH IF THIS CONTINUES ! PRODUCTIVITY WILL BE HAMPERED COUNTRY MIGHT GO INTO RECESSION ..................BE SAFE GUYS !!!!!!!!


26 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:10 am

predictor


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
This government seems to have started going towards the mission what they started in Jan' 2015.
This is the way to go.
People who did not know the power of democratically elected govt thought by spending massive amounts of money for unions and media they can grab the power.
Just with one action of the govt. former regime started realizing it is not possible.

People in the CSE who realized this govt is going on the correct path started investing in last March. See the foreign inflow. compare it with last year. its doubled. Upto now it is the 2nd highest inflow. Previous highest I have a feeling came in after 2010 from locals who have foreign connections. From 2015 they started selling to show CSE is not doing well. In addition manipulation too started.
Look at yesterday. 76% activity by foreigners. purchases are more than 1900% of sales.
421 Mln against 25 mln.
As agreed with IMF last year, even the pricing formula for fuel should come very soon. With that Govt will be able to keep the same profits even when crude prices go up and down. Real insurance for Govt as well as LIOC. Treasury will not have to fund Ceylon Petroleum corporation any more. This is what IMF was insisting.

This formula is practiced even in India. Over 3mln shares of LIOC bought by foreigners during last few days. With guaranteed profits LIOC will definitely go beyond previous highs.   May be foreigners are 100% sure this is to come before the budget.
Next in line may be privatizations of few govt. own businesses for which govt is financing for their losses heavily.
Even if all SLFP Mp's who are keeping one feet in Mahinda camp leaves the govt, with TNA's suport UNP will have the majority in parliament. 10-15 MP's who were appointed by president through the national list of SLFP will be a bonus for the government. They were not good with Mahinda that is why they lost the elections. Govt may be able to get few MP's and can even have 2/3rd majority. I am sure even JVP prefers this govt. than previous.
There will be benefits to people with next 2 budgets because of elections in 2020 and this coalition will form the next govt as well. Have a feeling VAT too may reduce by few % points. Have a feeling Local govt. elections also will be postponed until govt. is sure of winning.
This is the way to go. There is a saying Democracy is fools paradise. Knowing this govts. will have to act accordingly.

27 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:30 am

prabath


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Eugine Fernando wrote:I have few questions from who ever supporting MR and criticizing the present Gvnt. on economical issues., Please answer the following questions.

1. Do you think if MR continue to govern up to now  the Economic situation of the country would have been improved than at present? Pl. explain how.

2. Do you think MR would have given media freedom the way  at present the media institutions are enjoying? 

3. Do you think SL would have received more foreign aids than with present Gvnt. , if MR ruling the country?

4. Do you think SL would have received more FDI if MR is ruling the country?

5. Do you think the manipulation level of SL stock market would have been less than at present if MR rule the country?

6. Do you think there will be more freedom for the Trade unions to take action for their demands if MR rule the country?

7. Do you think the corruption level would have been less than at present level if MR rule the Country. (Pl. Note. Bond scam is the biggest for that president should have taken action by sending Mahandran, Aloysius, and RK to jail)
 
if you answer for the above questions correctly & honestly I will support you. These questions are especially for  Chinwi & Teller, others also can answer.  G.D.
Baiyanwa api aduru anagathen beragaththama dan hama ekatama baninawa.monawa karannada appaa......Nathnam melahata loketa bana bana north korea wage kauruth nathuwa sanctions dagena rajata jayawewa kiyagena innawa.

28 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:11 am

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Terrible mistake done by this government is protecting all big thieves related to CB bonds scam. It is well known now how top guys in the UNP attempted to protect them. RW plus leading ministers in the UNP already lost their prestige. Some of ruling SLFP guys are in same boat. Overall this government still maintain a slight edge over MR regime but voters might think differently in coming elections.

29 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:55 pm

Yahapalanaya


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
worthiness wrote:Terrible mistake done by this government is protecting all big thieves related to CB bonds scam. It is well known now how top guys in the UNP attempted to protect them. RW plus leading ministers in the UNP already lost their prestige. Some of ruling SLFP guys are in same boat. Overall this government still maintain a slight edge over MR regime but voters might think differently in coming elections.
Slight edge!!!!!!......
Don't you feel big difference between current regime and previous....
Come on....

30 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:11 pm

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
It is my perception not adhering to party colors. Perhaps I may be wrong. The day I can see the big slice of edge I do express my gratitude. Thanks

31 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:42 am

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Very important  questions By Eugine Fernando

Friends who make general statements are not in a position to answer these important questions

Anyway if Govt do not take action against corruptions Basil led MR Govt  Ravi K and others of this govt

COUNTRY WILL DEFINITELY HEAD TOWARDS CHAOS

If next presidential hold under this environment Anura kumara D will be winning candidate

SEMA KALUWALAWAKAMA RIDI IRAK ETHA

32 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:07 am

reyaz

avatar
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
The government has procecedures to follow when carrying out tasks. a majority of them have been set from 1948- post independence ceylon. If the government goes back to those procedures to govern then there wont be any problem!

33 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:05 pm

Teller

avatar
Moderator
I strong advise to new comers be careful before putting your hard earned money in CSE, market should be corrected to low levels. Forget foreigners buying , this is also some gillmats.
As I said earlier sell what you have in profit and exit.
Don't expect retailers participation much due to corruption.
Country is in a dangerous zone..

34 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:22 pm

soileconomy

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
D.G.Dayaratne wrote:Very important  questions By Eugine Fernando

Friends who make general statements are not in a position to answer these important questions

Anyway if Govt do not take action against corruptions Basil led MR Govt  Ravi K and others of this govt

COUNTRY WILL DEFINITELY HEAD TOWARDS CHAOS

If next presidential hold under this environment Anura kumara D will be winning candidate

SEMA KALUWALAWAKAMA RIDI IRAK ETHA
JVP Can't run a small boutique even.They are like NATO.NO ACTION TALK ONLY.

35 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:03 pm

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
If This govt do not take action against corruption of both parties

(Basil and Ravi Corupti Leaders) People will not have otherway

Bond Issue was mainly for UNP election funds But Ravi Robed from that also .Basil also did same thing

Govt must take action at least against KAMBA HORU

36 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:23 am

bakapandithaya

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

37 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:56 am

soileconomy

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Ybakapandithaya wrote:http://www.gossiplankanews.com/2017/08/joint-opposition-ravi.html?m=1

Mun thama rata palanaya karanna ellanne
Unta palanaya karanna deyak nethi wewi mun kaala ewarawenakota. Laughing



Last edited by soileconomy on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

38 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:47 pm

Yahapalanaya

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

How come AG who investigated 8600 pages against Ravi within 2 days could not verify culprit Gotabaya’s signature for 2 years?



(Lanka-e-news - 04.Aug.2017, 8.40 PM)    How come the  Attorney General’s  (AG) department which investigated the report on the phone calls of Aloysius contained in  8600 pages   in two days to ‘crucify’ minister Ravi Karunanayake in an unholy haste, could not  verify just a signature of Gotabaya Rajapakse for the last two years  in the fraud involving the  ex defense secretary ?  asked  former provincial council member Baddegama Ananda Lanerolle when he spoke to Lanka e news over the phone. Lanerolle went on to comment further as follows :
 
It was on 24 th of July the order was given to hand over the mobile phone of Aloysius to the CID . If the phone was handed over on the 2 5th ,  and since 26 th and 27 th were weekend holidays , even  to get print outs  of 8600 pages it takes two more days. The AG in any event after examining  presented those to the Commission on the 2 nd.
       
In other words the AG has examined all these 8600 pages within two days , hasn’t he?  A wonderful enthusiasm displayed and  what concern shown? That is welcome. But , why had  the AG for the last over two years been unable to verify the signature on the letter of Gotabaya which ordered the Urban development authority (UDA) to release Rs. 90 million towards the construction of a mausoleum in memory of Gota’s  parents ?  Why wasn’t the same diligence applied  by the AG in Gota’s  case too ?
 
It is an obvious fact nobody will have motive or interest to forge the signature of Gotabaya Rajapakse  to give an order to release funds to build a mausoleum for  Rajapakses’ parents . But there is a  more cruel  side to this criminal activity of Gota  ,  that is , the AG’s department had not been able to verify just  a signature  of Gota for the last over two years .  How ridiculous !  It is therefore no wonder the confidence and trust reposed in the AG’s department by the law abiding people have dropped to zero level.’

Lanerolle also questioned , why is the commission of Mathripala Sirisena which is hearing the case against Ravi Karunanayake not taking action against Dilan  Perera? 
If Ravi has committed a wrong he shall be investigated and punished if  found guilty. But there is a graver  issue than Aloysius paying rent for Ravi’s house .That is, Dilan Perera  pocketing all the public funds  after falsely claiming those monies were to be  utilized to give dhana (feast) to pregnant  mothers , and committing a fraud without giving even a mustard seed to pregnant mothers .It is at  president Sirisena’s request  the investigation into the fraud of Dilan Perera was  held back. Similarly the presidential commission is not probing into the robbers who imported petrol adulterated with water. Those unconscionable  robbers are safe. They are not being tracked down. 
Only Ravi Karunanayakes who worked to oust the Rajapakses who are being probed. Now even against Lanka e news , president’s ‘people’ have filed legal action .Instead of investigating the arson committed on your office , is it ethical to investigate those like you who worked to topple the Rajapakses? 
If Ravi had any desire to rob he had a plethora of opportunities , all he had to do was  join with Mahinda Rajapakse saying to strengthen latter’s  force . It is Dayasiris who exploited such opportunities, now allegedly  trying to raise both hands to  oppose Ravi now.
Was it not Ravi Karunanayake who spent his own money in millions and worked indefatigably to oust the Rajapakses when there were some within the UNP itself  playing double games aligning with  the Rajapakses ?
If Ravi had committed a wrong he ought to be punished by the good governance government we installed in power. I do not say that should not be done. But we are not in favor of the moves  to make those who campaigned and worked for Maithripala to put him on the pedestal of president to be maligned and accused even  before they are  found guilty through commissions appointed by  Sirisena,  supported by  his henchmen, Lanerolle emphatically stated with concern.


---------------------------
by     (2017-08-04 15:14:11)

39 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Yahapalanaya

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

40 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:53 am

Chinwi

avatar
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
ලංකා ඉතිහාසෙ ලොකුම හොරකම් කරමින් රට    විකුනංකමින්  රටේ   ජනතාව අතර පිළිකුළට බඳුන් වී ගිය​ වැඩ බැරි පක්‍ෂේ ගඳ පතුරුවන  eeya news නැමැති අසූචි ෆැක්ටරියේ ඒව මේකෙ දාන්නේ ලැජ්ජ නැද්ද ?  


 අනිත් එක දැන් ඕව දාල වැඩක් නෑ  අනේ. දැන් යාලුවො කට්ටිය යන්නෙ අමු හෙලුවෙන් නේ .
වැඩ බැරි  ලොක්ක හැංගිල ඉන්නෙත් RK ගේ සරම අස්සෙ. ඉතින් මෙයා, RK ගේ සරම වැටෙනකොට ලොක්කත් හෙලුවෙන්.  
ඒක RK ත් දන්නව​. ලොක්කත් දන්නව​. රටත් දන්නව​.  
ඔබ දන්නෙ නෑ.  

41 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:32 am

soileconomy

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Yahapalanaya wrote:

How come AG who investigated 8600 pages against Ravi within 2 days could not verify culprit Gotabaya’s signature for 2 years?







(Lanka-e-news - 04.Aug.2017, 8.40 PM)    How come the  Attorney General’s  (AG) department which investigated the report on the phone calls of Aloysius contained in  8600 pages   in two days to ‘crucify’ minister Ravi Karunanayake in an unholy haste, could not  verify just a signature of Gotabaya Rajapakse for the last two years  in the fraud involving the  ex defense secretary ?  asked  former provincial council member Baddegama Ananda Lanerolle when he spoke to Lanka e news over the phone. Lanerolle went on to comment further as follows :
 
It was on 24 th of July the order was given to hand over the mobile phone of Aloysius to the CID . If the phone was handed over on the 2 5th ,  and since 26 th and 27 th were weekend holidays , even  to get print outs  of 8600 pages it takes two more days. The AG in any event after examining  presented those to the Commission on the 2 nd.
       
In other words the AG has examined all these 8600 pages within two days , hasn’t he?  A wonderful enthusiasm displayed and  what concern shown? That is welcome. But , why had  the AG for the last over two years been unable to verify the signature on the letter of Gotabaya which ordered the Urban development authority (UDA) to release Rs. 90 million towards the construction of a mausoleum in memory of Gota’s  parents ?  Why wasn’t the same diligence applied  by the AG in Gota’s  case too ?
 
It is an obvious fact nobody will have motive or interest to forge the signature of Gotabaya Rajapakse  to give an order to release funds to build a mausoleum for  Rajapakses’ parents . But there is a  more cruel  side to this criminal activity of Gota  ,  that is , the AG’s department had not been able to verify just  a signature  of Gota for the last over two years .  How ridiculous !  It is therefore no wonder the confidence and trust reposed in the AG’s department by the law abiding people have dropped to zero level.’

Lanerolle also questioned , why is the commission of Mathripala Sirisena which is hearing the case against Ravi Karunanayake not taking action against Dilan  Perera? 
If Ravi has committed a wrong he shall be investigated and punished if  found guilty. But there is a graver  issue than Aloysius paying rent for Ravi’s house .That is, Dilan Perera  pocketing all the public funds  after falsely claiming those monies were to be  utilized to give dhana (feast) to pregnant  mothers , and committing a fraud without giving even a mustard seed to pregnant mothers .It is at  president Sirisena’s request  the investigation into the fraud of Dilan Perera was  held back. Similarly the presidential commission is not probing into the robbers who imported petrol adulterated with water. Those unconscionable  robbers are safe. They are not being tracked down. 
Only Ravi Karunanayakes who worked to oust the Rajapakses who are being probed. Now even against Lanka e news , president’s ‘people’ have filed legal action .Instead of investigating the arson committed on your office , is it ethical to investigate those like you who worked to topple the Rajapakses? 
If Ravi had any desire to rob he had a plethora of opportunities , all he had to do was  join with Mahinda Rajapakse saying to strengthen latter’s  force . It is Dayasiris who exploited such opportunities, now allegedly  trying to raise both hands to  oppose Ravi now.
Was it not Ravi Karunanayake who spent his own money in millions and worked indefatigably to oust the Rajapakses when there were some within the UNP itself  playing double games aligning with  the Rajapakses ?
If Ravi had committed a wrong he ought to be punished by the good governance government we installed in power. I do not say that should not be done. But we are not in favor of the moves  to make those who campaigned and worked for Maithripala to put him on the pedestal of president to be maligned and accused even  before they are  found guilty through commissions appointed by  Sirisena,  supported by  his henchmen, Lanerolle emphatically stated with concern.


---------------------------
by     (2017-08-04 15:14:11)
Meka horage ammagen pena ahanawa wage wadak.
wadak new yaluwa .ekak wahanna thawa ewa genewata wadak neha.RK kiwweth ohoma thamai.mokada eyata denna uththara  neha.now is telling attory general department is against him. .



Last edited by soileconomy on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

42 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:44 am

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
It is very clear Investigation relating to corruption chages against previous govt people is very slow

But it should not be a reason deley action against present govt people

If the govt do not take action against corruptions of all what will happen

People will select New President at the next election

43 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:28 am

Eugine Fernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
D.G.Dayaratne wrote:It is very clear Investigation relating to corruption chages against previous govt people is very slow

But it should not be a reason deley action against present govt people

If the govt do not take action against corruptions of all what will happen

People will select New President at the next election

NEXT ELECTION,.... WHOM TO VOTE?

44 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:04 am

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
People will decide  it

Any not from joint opposition People know they are PAL HORU

45 Re: COUNTRY HEADING TOWARDS CHAOS....!!!! on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:51 am

Teller

avatar
Moderator
Country is heading to sell.... prosperity is questionable...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum