Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය

Latest topics

» Tea prices up and up.Plantation shares down and down!
by fortuneteller Today at 1:16 pm

» For Miss Sangeetha
by Neluka Karannagoda Today at 12:09 pm

» coco.x share
by lakmal87 Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:45 pm

» නොමිළේම ඩොලර් (free $ 5 ) tokens
by cseguide Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:58 pm

» S&P upgrades DFCC Bank’s rating outlook from Negative to Stable
by TraderCSE Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:23 am

» CFVF will HIT. 40 BY Next. Thursday
by Yahapalanaya Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:50 pm

» Moody’s affirms ratings of three Sri Lankan banks; maintains negative outlook
by Miss-Sangeetha Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:39 pm

» best stocks to buy now
by Ryan Hudson Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:23 pm

» Current situation of the Adam group of companies
by anges Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:36 pm

» Avoid investing in Abans Group company shares
by fortuneteller Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 am

» People's Leasing Company
by prasa2004 Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:51 pm

» SDB - AN IMPRESSIVE PERFORMANCE
by prasa2004 Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm

» Beware of banking stocks
by prasa2004 Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:40 pm

» CEYLON COLD STORES PLC(CCS.N0000)
by Agape Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:49 pm

» Lanka Cement
by sureshot Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:09 am

» Roshan Egodage's Money Grabbing
by Investor1994 Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:10 pm

» CIFL ANY NEWS
by Gambino7 Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:13 pm

» CFT share එක මොනව හරි දෙයක් වෙනව වාගෙ.
by sameboy Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:43 pm

» BFN .. ORIENT FINANCE PLC
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:52 pm

» Sri Lanka Exports up 12.9-pct in Sept
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:38 am

» DECEMBER DISCOUNT
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:30 am

» LLMP - New Strategic Marketing >>> Boooom
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:27 am

» Why LLUB.N0000 going down ?
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:20 am

» LDEV rights
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:16 am

» SAMP Rights Issue
by niru Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:04 pm

HashFlare

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL

I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:20 pm

rizan666


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Trading since 2010 and lost all hopes today due to the bullshit market.
Made losses with market sentiments and politics which highly impacted over all market during the past. Was thinking investment is for our economy so let's make it here in SL, but now with the response from CSE I got for brokerage complaints was fully biased and lame responses by the heads of CSE. Firstly the CSE body should be refined with proper Market Authority to build investor confidence.
Good Bye Forum.
A friend of mine is making good money in Nasdaq and TDWL (Saudi) so will be investing there.

2 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Teller

avatar
Moderator
Your decision is not wrong . That's the reason I clearly mention last week to sell your shares and keep cash on hand. Actually FD is better now days and hold cash till while but not this year...

3 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:55 am

kjojo


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
mhn you are right. im also decide to put money in FD and foreign share Markets. so good bye for CSE . fucking politics destroy country and cse. good bye cse. since 2009.hope to never come again cse... bye ............................................. deposit 9 millions more than cse before 1 and half year. only get 1 laks profit .if i put this FD i will get more than 9lks in  1 year. .bye.................... flower study santa

4 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:07 am

DS Wijesinghe


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@kjojo wrote:mhn you are right. im also decide to put money in FD and foreign share Markets. so good bye for CSE . fucking politics destroy country and cse. good bye cse. since 2009.hope to never come again cse... bye ............................................. deposit 9 millions more than cse before 1 and half year. only get 1 laks profit .if i put this FD i will get more than 9lks in  1 year. .bye.................... flower study santa

I myself is a victim of relying upon UNP to address former govts weaknesses and take our economy to next growth levels. Sadly with Ranil, Ravi and Arjuna Mahendran manipulating bond markets have brought down the Colombo bourse for 2 1/2 years. If I had my money in a FD or invested in lands I certainly would have earned a better return

Surely and slowly Ranil has brought down our economy. Is there hope for the future?

When I look at the current Finance Minister, Mangala Samaraweera the future too looks bleak. He himself has publicly said that he doesn't know anything on this subject or how to manage a country's finances and it was forced upon himself to rid him from Foreign Ministry

It is too late for me to pull out my investments from CSE, and I keep hopes alive that some miracle will happen and our economy will perform better and CSE will be turned around.

ruwan326

avatar
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@kjojo wrote:mhn you are right. im also decide to put money in FD and foreign share Markets. so good bye for CSE . fucking politics destroy country and cse. good bye cse. since 2009.hope to never come again cse... bye ............................................. deposit 9 millions more than cse before 1 and half year. only get 1 laks profit .if i put this FD i will get more than 9lks in  1 year. .bye.................... flower study santa

I myself is a victim of relying upon UNP to address former govts weaknesses and take our economy to next growth levels. Sadly with Ranil, Ravi and Arjuna Mahendran manipulating bond markets have brought down the Colombo bourse for 2 1/2 years. If I had my money in a FD or invested in lands I certainly would have earned a better return

Surely and slowly Ranil has brought down our economy. Is there hope for the future?

When I look at the current Finance Minister, Mangala Samaraweera the future too looks bleak. He himself has publicly said that he doesn't know anything on this subject or how to manage a country's finances and it was forced upon himself to rid him from Foreign Ministry

It is too late for me to pull out my investments from CSE, and I keep hopes alive that some miracle will happen and our economy will perform better and CSE will be turned around.
Most of the shares reached 52week low and do your analysis and buy or reduce average this time.
Think this is a bear market and just wait till it turns green and run..........
All the best

6 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:47 am

Yahapalanaya

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
It is better to invest in FD,If you can't analyse/study stocks.

7 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:00 am

saliya1000

avatar
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  What Happen??

8 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:24 am

DS Wijesinghe


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Yahapalanaya wrote:It is better to invest in FD,If you can't analyse/study stocks.

We can analyze the stocks but could not anticipate the incompetence of Yahapalanaya to manage the economy competently

For a vibrant stock market political stability is a must. Our economy is stagnant for the last 2 1/2 years.

9 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:10 am

samaritan


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
COLOMBO STOCK EXCHANGE WAS TRANSFORMED INTO 'COLOMBO SHIT EXCHANGE' UNDER YAHAPALANAYA.

10 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:24 am

thankrishan


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
No Economic and Political stability.

11 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:31 am

samaritan


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@thankrishan wrote:No Economic and Political stability.
Political stability is a must for sustainable economic growth. Company's performance alone is not the sole criteria that dictates the share price.

12 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:36 am

Eugine Fernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Until Ravy K. resign or sack this market will be like this.

13 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:12 pm

Teller

avatar
Moderator
DS WIJESINGHE, AGREE WITH YOU SIR

14 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Yahapalanaya

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:It is better to invest in FD,If you can't analyse/study stocks.

We can analyze the stocks but could not anticipate the incompetence of Yahapalanaya to manage the economy competently

For a vibrant stock market political stability is a must. Our economy is stagnant for the last  2 1/2 years.
That'swhy you people exit from CSE and put your money in FD or companies like chris samagam.Thosewho knows how to swim through political stability(coup by Alibaba group) and ups and downs of economy, stay there.Foreign purchase pattern shows the future of CSE.

There are companies more than 100% profit in 2 1/2 years.You missed.You blame yourself for missed opportunities rather than government or anybodyelse.

15 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:55 pm

DS Wijesinghe


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:It is better to invest in FD,If you can't analyse/study stocks.

We can analyze the stocks but could not anticipate the incompetence of Yahapalanaya to manage the economy competently

For a vibrant stock market political stability is a must. Our economy is stagnant for the last  2 1/2 years.
That'swhy you people exit from CSE and put your money in FD or companies like chris samagam.Thosewho knows how to swim through political stability(coup by Alibaba group) and ups and downs of economy, stay there.Foreign purchase pattern shows the future of CSE.

There are companies more than 100% profit in 2 1/2 years.You missed.You blame yourself for missed opportunities rather than government or anybodyelse.

As your pseudo name implies your purpose in this forum is to look after the interests of this govt. We are not in this forum to uplift a deteriorating image of politicians or a struggling govt. That may be your job.

Most of the comments in your post have no relevnce to my investment strategy.

Any genuine investor like me would honestly want our economy to do well and a robust capital market. That is irrespective of our political inclinations. If there is a stable government and economy does well, we all investors in the capital market would have the opportunity create economic wealth for ourselves.

Any genuine investor who invests his money in the CSE knows the actual situation..I guess in your case it is not so as your job is to safeguard your govt in a public forum by pretending to be investing your money in our bourse.


16 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:44 am

Yahapalanaya

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:It is better to invest in FD,If you can't analyse/study stocks.

We can analyze the stocks but could not anticipate the incompetence of Yahapalanaya to manage the economy competently

For a vibrant stock market political stability is a must. Our economy is stagnant for the last  2 1/2 years.
That'swhy you people exit from CSE and put your money in FD or companies like chris samagam.Thosewho knows how to swim through political stability(coup by Alibaba group) and ups and downs of economy, stay there.Foreign purchase pattern shows the future of CSE.

There are companies more than 100% profit in 2 1/2 years.You missed.You blame yourself for missed opportunities rather than government or anybodyelse.

As your pseudo name implies your purpose in this forum is to look after the interests of this govt. We are not in this forum to uplift a deteriorating image of politicians or a struggling govt. That may be your job. I am speaking for people's government.Struggling your horu government already send back to Medamulane.

Most of the comments in your post have no relevnce to my investment strategy. Please exit from CSE and forum if you cannot invest at CSE with your investment strategy.

Any genuine investor like me would honestly want our economy to do well and a robust capital market. That is irrespective of our political inclinations. If there is a stable government and economy does well, we all investors in the capital market would have the opportunity create economic wealth for ourselves.You honestly want economy well by 10% commission,malwana house,robing SEC vechicles for relatives,etc,etc...come on...

Any genuine investor who invests his money in the CSE knows the actual situation..I guess in your case it is not so as your job is to safeguard your govt in a public forum by pretending to be investing your money in our bourse.We are genuine investors still in good profit not gamblers.You exit from CSE and study market and then come back buddy.


17 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:51 am

Teller

avatar
Moderator
As a long term investor , I success on CSE investment but I strongly believe that current market scenario is very dangerous to invest.
So I request not put your hard earned money til index slips to 5800 levels. What ever you are in profit , sell and exit as soon as possible.

18 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:13 am

soileconomy

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:It is better to invest in FD,If you can't analyse/study stocks.

We can analyze the stocks but could not anticipate the incompetence of Yahapalanaya to manage the economy competently

For a vibrant stock market political stability is a must. Our economy is stagnant for the last  2 1/2 years.
That'swhy you people exit from CSE and put your money in FD or companies like chris samagam.Thosewho knows how to swim through political stability(coup by Alibaba group) and ups and downs of economy, stay there.Foreign purchase pattern shows the future of CSE.

There are companies more than 100% profit in 2 1/2 years.You missed.You blame yourself for missed opportunities rather than government or anybodyelse.

As your pseudo name implies your purpose in this forum is to look after the interests of this govt. We are not in this forum to uplift a deteriorating image of politicians or a struggling govt. That may be your job.

Most of the comments in your post have no relevnce to my investment strategy.

Any genuine investor like me would honestly want our economy to do well and a robust capital market. That is irrespective of our political inclinations. If there is a stable government and economy does well, we all investors in the capital market would have the opportunity create economic wealth for ourselves.

Any genuine investor who invests his money in the CSE knows the actual situation..I guess in your case it is not so as your job is to safeguard your govt in a public forum by pretending to be investing your money in our bourse.


Yes Mr Wijesinghe.no relevancy to the topic.white van ,Ali baba ,freedom to talk.those are his topics or answers to any post here.Raajxxxx sexxxxx wage

19 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:50 am

Yahapalanaya

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Big talker DSW used his investment strategy and purchased rs16 asset value for @160. Now it has come to 128.Yes it gives dividend.But it has to settle it's real value.

You missed another share with more than rs12 net asset value and was trading mere 2.8.It is giving 100% profit so far. 

So you revisit your investment strategy without blaming other factors.

20 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:24 pm

DS Wijesinghe


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Yahapalanaya wrote 
Please exit from CSE and forum if you cannot invest at CSE with your investment strategy. You exit from CSE and study market and then come back buddy.


I do not take immature investment ill advices from amateurish horaboru types. I entered in 1991 and will exit at the most opportune time that I believe is to be most beneficial to my investment portfolio. You can try and force someone else to follow your immature orders.

p.s. Yahapalanaya was a political slogan which was lost at the 1st bond scam in Feb 2015. Thereafter lies after damn lies were told by your govt leaders to cover up the massive fraud. It is nothing but a HoraboruPalanaya now. Accordingly it is high time you also change your pseudo name to Horaborupalanaya,

21 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:35 pm

DS Wijesinghe


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Yahapalanaya wrote:Big talker DSW used his investment strategy and purchased rs16 asset value for @160. Now it has come to 128.Yes it gives dividend.But it has to settle it's real value.

You missed another share with more than rs12 net asset value and was trading mere 2.8.It is giving 100% profit so far. 

So you revisit your investment strategy without blaming other factors.
Why beat around the bush.. learn to be a man and tell the facts straight. What are the stocks you are talking about ? I presume you are talking about LLUB. Please reply and confirm whether it is LLUB so that I can respond

22 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Teller

avatar
Moderator
No doubt now. It's again proved the robbery so no confidence of financial system/governance of sri Lanka. Better to sell all of your holdings and exit from CSE.
In such an environment , no foreign or institutional fund will be attractived to CSE.
DONT BURN your hands....Exit as soon as possible. Because it's all of your hard earned money.
Who ever buys shares at present will cry tomorrow.
No comers be careful......
As seniors we earned lot of profits so no issue to bear losses.
Sri Lanka is the worst country due to third class politics,

23 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:46 am

Light of Hope


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Teller wrote:No doubt now. It's again proved the robbery so no confidence of financial system/governance of sri Lanka. Better to sell all of your holdings and exit from CSE.
In such an environment , no foreign or institutional fund will be attractived to CSE.
DONT BURN your hands....Exit as soon as possible. Because it's all of your hard earned money.
Who ever buys shares at present will cry tomorrow.
No comers be careful......
As seniors we earned lot of profits so no issue to bear losses.
Sri Lanka is the worst country due to third class politics,


Teller the greatest HEXP manupulator, who unloaded HEXP to poor retailers around Rs 95, saying it would reach rs 250 (something like that)

You have proven again and again that you have no interest in retailers betterment, by giving false directions and false predictions, purposefully.

You told not to buy shares, when the bull trend started in April, your direction would have cost a lot for many retailers by not purchasing any shares at the right time. who would have unloaded to them when they actually started buying.

ASI has good support around 6440 and when it's reaching it's bottom you are advising retailers to sell and exit. it's clear that you want to grab shares at even low prices by creating panic among retailers. 

Guys, don't listen to this fellow. concentrate on good shares and it will give good return if you have the patience. 

Teller, since you are exiting from CSE. hopefully you will not have any interest in manipulating the retailers in the future.

24 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:37 am

rizan666


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Even the CSE board is corrupt, supporting the brokers even though I raised many concerns. They should look into investor concerns to build the trust and protection rather responding with silly answer biased to the broker.
Guys invest in USA (NASDAQ) / SAUDI (TDWL) market is always peaking.

If you think of coming back to CSE, wait till ASI > 6700

25 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:29 pm

Chinwi

avatar
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Even the thieves did not expect this much of trouble when they planned Bond robbery in Sinhapura well before the elections.

The chain reaction triggered due to Central bank robbery has swallowed 1.5 trillion LKR by now.

If you cannot believe try to calculate roughly the effect of the 'chain reaction' .

When they suddenly raised interest rates from 8.5 to 12.5 most of the systems run by foreign fund managers detected it as unusual and alarmed the whole investing world .

By next day they knew it was a well planned attack to the Central Bank of this country.

Since then billions of rupees worth stocks were sold and foreigners started leaving this country.
To balance to Dollar drain they used our reserves.

That triggered Rupee going down scenario and interest rates went up.

Cost of production went up , sales going down.
Due to down Rupee, interest amount needed to pay lenders has increased by over 100% .

The Chain reaction is still continuing.
No one can tell you what will happen.

26 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:23 am

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
What you say is correct

But Basil and the crowd will not be the replacement

27 Re: I Quit CSE today and Enter NASDAQ/TDWL on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:24 am

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
What you say is correct

But Basil and the crowd will not be the replacement

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum