Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post

Latest topics

» #PM Crisis#
by samaritan Today at 1:49 pm

» IF YOU HAVE HOLDING POWER BUY UBC
by kalu351 Today at 12:15 pm

» IMF delays Sri Lanka's loan discussion on political crisis
by ranferdi Today at 11:55 am

» Soon ALPH will not go up
by ruwan326 Today at 10:53 am

» BFN COLLECTION IS ON -DONT SELL TILL Dec First week
by sanjulanka Today at 10:27 am

» WATCH BFN PRICE CHARTS AND CHECK WITH YOUR BORKER ALL SAY ITS POSITIVE NOW
by kalu351 Today at 10:22 am

» CSE THIS WEEK
by ruwan326 Today at 9:51 am

» MARKET RISE - GUARANTEED
by samaritan Today at 9:09 am

» ##FUN TOONS###
by ruwan326 Today at 7:36 am

» Maldives also Now facing Sri Lanka’s Same Debt Trap Syndrome
by Miss-Sangeetha Yesterday at 8:01 am

» Financial Reports Q-3 2018
by ruwan326 Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:47 pm

» DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS- OCT/NOV
by ruwan326 Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:43 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by ruwan326 Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:41 pm

» KEEP AN CLOSE EYE ON BFN DONT SELL BELOW 17
by kalu351 Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:05 pm

» Don't put your money on risk ! Buy politically less effect shares !!!!
by The Hunter Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:55 pm

» what is the best price for TKYO
by Pahan Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:11 am

» Is HNB price is attractive
by Pahan Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:57 am

» BFN DEAL -DONT SELL BFN AT 14 LEVEL
by kalu351 Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:45 am

» BFN Deal to go on in spite of the political crisis
by kalu351 Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:36 am

» TBs worth Rs.14.2 bn issued to SriLankan in 2012
by ruwan326 Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:42 am

» SRI LANKA @ 2020
by ruwan326 Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:24 am

» Dealing by directors
by ruwan326 Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:08 pm

» Summary of Key Announcements during the week
by ruwan326 Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:06 pm

» CSE WEEKLY
by ruwan326 Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:02 pm

» BFN Price HOLDING ON AS THE DEAL COME CLOSER
by sanjulanka Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:29 pm

» Another Finance sector deal UBC UBC UBC Deal
by kalu351 Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:56 am

» BFN BFN BFN BFN BFN DEAL ......WITH CHINESE BANK
by kalu351 Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:54 am

» MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED
by Maharaja Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:32 am

» Q-TO-Q Financial Report-Financial Performance- Period ended 30 September 2018
by ruwan326 Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:00 pm

» CB raises key rates in surprise move to support currency
by Miss-Sangeetha Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:59 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Political instability???

Political instability???

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Political instability??? on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:38 am

TuTanKaman


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Seems rift between ruling parties. Market may further fall??

2 Re: Political instability??? on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:28 am

wisdom


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Yes I felt that uncertainty. Because of that so many worthy shares on bargaining prices. What will happen to the government after the election.
Scenario 1. Joint government with the same PM
Scenario 2. UNP government
Scenario 3. Government with SLFP , Podujana Peramuna and part of UNP members

For me scenario 3 is very les likely to happen. If it happens with foreign selling market might come down dramatically
But I’m holding my portfolio because If scenario 1 & 2 happens market will go up without turnover.
If you have any other views like to consider to take own decisions

3 Re: Political instability??? on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:55 am

ranferdi

avatar
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@wisdom wrote:Yes I felt that uncertainty. Because of that so many worthy shares on bargaining prices. What will happen to the government after the election.
Scenario 1. Joint government with the same PM
Scenario 2. UNP government
Scenario 3. Government with SLFP , Podujana Peramuna and part of UNP members

For me scenario 3 is very les likely to happen. If it happens with foreign selling market might come down dramatically
But I’m holding my portfolio because If scenario 1 & 2 happens market will go up without turnover.
If you have any other views like to consider to take own decisions

Scenario 2 is best for the country... This is my opinion.

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

4 Re: Political instability??? on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:21 am

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ranferdi wrote:
@wisdom wrote:Yes I felt that uncertainty. Because of that so many worthy shares on bargaining prices. What will happen to the government after the election.
Scenario 1. Joint government with the same PM
Scenario 2. UNP government
Scenario 3. Government with SLFP , Podujana Peramuna and part of UNP members

For me scenario 3 is very les likely to happen. If it happens with foreign selling market might come down dramatically
But I’m holding my portfolio because If scenario 1 & 2 happens market will go up without turnover.
If you have any other views like to consider to take own decisions

Scenario 2 is best for the country... This is my opinion.
My concern is under scenario 2 the country will be with an UNSAFE CENTRAL BANK which will affect FDIs. Sri Lanka will be a completely failed nation!

5 Re: Political instability??? on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:26 am

ranferdi

avatar
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:
@ranferdi wrote:
@wisdom wrote:Yes I felt that uncertainty. Because of that so many worthy shares on bargaining prices. What will happen to the government after the election.
Scenario 1. Joint government with the same PM
Scenario 2. UNP government
Scenario 3. Government with SLFP , Podujana Peramuna and part of UNP members

For me scenario 3 is very les likely to happen. If it happens with foreign selling market might come down dramatically
But I’m holding my portfolio because If scenario 1 & 2 happens market will go up without turnover.
If you have any other views like to consider to take own decisions

Scenario 2 is best for the country... This is my opinion.
My concern is under scenario 2 the country will be with an UNSAFE CENTRAL BANK which will affect FDIs. Sri Lanka will be a completely failed nation!

Why Unsafe????

Do you think when Rate manipulation happens if the government is silent and not investigating is it good???

OR if manipulation happens government does investigation and publish reports and takes action to avoid such incidents is that bad???

Do you believe there were no manipulations from 2004 to 2015...???

Think rationally and give me answers..

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

6 Re: Political instability??? on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:39 am

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ranferdi wrote:
@samaritan wrote:
@ranferdi wrote:
@wisdom wrote:Yes I felt that uncertainty. Because of that so many worthy shares on bargaining prices. What will happen to the government after the election.
Scenario 1. Joint government with the same PM
Scenario 2. UNP government
Scenario 3. Government with SLFP , Podujana Peramuna and part of UNP members

For me scenario 3 is very les likely to happen. If it happens with foreign selling market might come down dramatically
But I’m holding my portfolio because If scenario 1 & 2 happens market will go up without turnover.
If you have any other views like to consider to take own decisions

Scenario 2 is best for the country... This is my opinion.
My concern is under scenario 2 the country will be with an UNSAFE CENTRAL BANK which will affect FDIs. Sri Lanka will be a completely failed nation!

Why Unsafe????

Do you think when Rate manipulation happens if the government is silent and not investigating is it good???

OR if manipulation happens government does investigation and publish reports and takes action to avoid such incidents is that bad???

Do you believe there were no manipulations from 2004 to 2015...???

Think rationally and give me answers..
This scam was brought to light by the coalition partner whereas the UNP made every effort to brush it under the carpet. Have you forgotten the 'PITIPANA COMMITTEE' findings?

Now you are talking about a scenario where the plunderers to be in full control similar to handing over the pot of milk to a wild cat before even the taste of milk has not dried up in its tongue. Perhaps you don't know the meaning of rational thinking.

Furthermore, one could only comment on what has been clearly established and that's the world's biggest robbery involving a nation's central bank the "BOND SCAM"!

7 Re: Political instability??? on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:02 am

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
This is not a parliament election. There is enough time for the big one.

8 Re: Political instability??? on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:20 am

TuTanKaman


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
But this election will decide each party future strategy. If slfp wins it will neglect unp and there will be more rifts. If unp keeps its vote base it will act on don't care basis. If both lose their voting base, both will settle down for a negotiation.

9 Re: Political instability??? on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:56 am

ranferdi

avatar
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:
@ranferdi wrote:
@samaritan wrote:
@ranferdi wrote:
@wisdom wrote:Yes I felt that uncertainty. Because of that so many worthy shares on bargaining prices. What will happen to the government after the election.
Scenario 1. Joint government with the same PM
Scenario 2. UNP government
Scenario 3. Government with SLFP , Podujana Peramuna and part of UNP members

For me scenario 3 is very les likely to happen. If it happens with foreign selling market might come down dramatically
But I’m holding my portfolio because If scenario 1 & 2 happens market will go up without turnover.
If you have any other views like to consider to take own decisions

Scenario 2 is best for the country... This is my opinion.
My concern is under scenario 2 the country will be with an UNSAFE CENTRAL BANK which will affect FDIs. Sri Lanka will be a completely failed nation!

Why Unsafe????

Do you think when Rate manipulation happens if the government is silent and not investigating is it good???

OR if manipulation happens government does investigation and publish reports and takes action to avoid such incidents is that bad???

Do you believe there were no manipulations from 2004 to 2015...???

Think rationally and give me answers..
This scam was brought to light by the coalition partner whereas the UNP made every effort to brush it under the carpet. Have you forgotten the 'PITIPANA COMMITTEE' findings?

Now you are talking about a scenario where the plunderers to be in full control similar to handing over the pot of milk to a wild cat before even the taste of milk has not dried up in its tongue. Perhaps you don't know the meaning of rational thinking.

Furthermore, one could only comment on what has been clearly established and that's the world's biggest robbery involving a nation's central bank the "BOND SCAM"!

I only told that the current government investigated the scam. I didn't say UNP government anyway.
People are wise enough to decide if it was last regime what was the scenario.. Cabral even refused to assist investigations.

Do you mean that when government assists robbers and do not allow public to point out or talk about those it is considered as clean?? That's why you are saying no established facts about those crimes..

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

10 Re: Political instability??? on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:26 pm

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ranferdi wrote:
@samaritan wrote:
@ranferdi wrote:
@samaritan wrote:
@ranferdi wrote:
@wisdom wrote:Yes I felt that uncertainty. 

I only told that the current government investigated the scam. I didn't say UNP government anyway.
People are wise enough to decide if it was last regime what was the scenario.. Cabral even refused to assist investigations.

Do you mean that when government assists robbers and do not allow public to point out or talk about those it is considered as clean?? That's why you are saying no established facts about those crimes..
Govt did not collectively investigate the scam. One wing's investigation was carried out by the Pitipana committee and the outcome was that there was not even an iota of wrong doing. The other wing initiated the PCOI which paved the way for the naked truth to be exposed.

Aftermath of the exposure lead to the following:
“Why are you Attacking Me?Are You Instructing Them To Attack Me? – President Sirisena Asks Prime Minister Wickremesinghe Directly at Cabinet Meeting
(courtesy:Daily FT)


President Sirisena Makes 35 Minute Emotional Speech About UNP Members Attacking Him at Cabinet Meeting , Tape Records It and Storms Out
(coutesy: Daily Mirror)


Is this good governance or good looking governance with rot inside?

Former Governor Cabral has welcomed the investigations during his tenure and this appeared as head lines news in the "Island" newspaper recently.

11 Re: Political instability??? on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:18 pm

nirowat


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Senario 2 is very unlikely. UNP is a thing in the past
What is called the UNP now is a bunch of crooks led by an Aspergers personality, looking
for every opportunity to swindle the public finances under the name of capitalism
I have voted UNP all my life but now I can't find anyone who will in Colombo, which was the
strongest base for them. Rosy herself is a crook and a dishonest person who leaked the COPE
report. She has no chance on winning
The UNP crooks thought they can win by breaking the SLFP but what has happened is that the UNP
voter is broken off and will support the President, who can be identified as the only credible solution

12 Re: Political instability??? on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:45 am

Chinwi

avatar
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
The current political turmoil or fight between governing sections is just a pre-written drama  to get back  unhappy voters   to Siri sena and put them to green  blooded   bucket after the election. 

Sirisena and Ranil both cannot survive without each other.  
Real UNP is no more. 
Current  UNP   cannot survive without the help of others. It has become another JVP. 
In our era UNP attracted many young voters. Today no one is joining UNP.    Asperger's personality and his bunch of crooks  think they have non-aging  secured vote base forever.  Next results will show them the reality.

13 Re: Political instability??? on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:05 pm

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Chinwi wrote:The current political turmoil or fight between governing sections is just a pre-written drama  to get back  unhappy voters   to Siri sena and put them to green  blooded   bucket after the election. 

Sirisena and Ranil both cannot survive without each other.  
Real UNP is no more. 
Current  UNP   cannot survive without the help of others. It has become another JVP. 
In our era UNP attracted many young voters. Today no one is joining UNP.    Asperger's personality and his bunch of crooks  think they have non-aging  secured vote base forever.  Next results will show them the reality.
True. they have got some old women from elders home as UNP candidates to contest Colombo. This clearly shows the level of desperation in finding candidates.

14 Re: Political instability??? on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:18 pm

Yahapalanaya

avatar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:
@Chinwi wrote:The current political turmoil or fight between governing sections is just a pre-written drama  to get back  unhappy voters   to Siri sena and put them to green  blooded   bucket after the election. 

Sirisena and Ranil both cannot survive without each other.  
Real UNP is no more. 
Current  UNP   cannot survive without the help of others. It has become another JVP. 
In our era UNP attracted many young voters. Today no one is joining UNP.    Asperger's personality and his bunch of crooks  think they have non-aging  secured vote base forever.  Next results will show them the reality.
True. they have got some old women from elders home as UNP candidates to contest Colombo. This clearly shows the level of desperation in finding candidates.
We need clean record candidate whether elder or younger candidate  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum