Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

Submit Post
සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» Collect ODEL Range Rs. 23-25 .......Target Price over Rs.35
by sakuni Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» What is happening to LLUB?
by yasasncas Yesterday at 9:40 pm

» The Stock Chat by EquityChamp
by DS Wijesinghe Yesterday at 9:33 pm

» Sampath Right, Additional shares
by Dedat Yesterday at 8:25 pm

» CAUTION - Shareholders of Abans group companies , Depositors and Bankers -
by Wimal Modawansa Yesterday at 6:48 pm

» Wiser's TA Chart Room
by Dr_CSE Yesterday at 4:20 pm

» Market Sell Off
by DS Wijesinghe Yesterday at 4:11 pm

» WHO WILL REFORM THE COUNTRY'S ECONOMY?????????
by samaritan Yesterday at 1:27 pm

» PAN ASIA POWER
by Nuwan Samarawickrama Yesterday at 11:26 am

» AUTODROME PLC
by visvajith Yesterday at 9:24 am

» Construction of 32-storey Renuka Towers begins
by equityhunter Yesterday at 9:02 am

» COMD net assets value
by Dietoday Yesterday at 8:54 am

» AUTODROME PLC
by shaban Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:56 pm

» VONE , is it time to sell or holds
by 2017 Cse Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:15 pm

» Rupee depreciation and foreign investment
by TuTanKaman Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:13 pm

» AEL @ 19.60
by mtsfernando Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:17 am

» COCR can be attractive
by suku502 Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:33 am

» ALHP WILL MOVE UP SOON
by cse_eagle Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:07 am

» Sampath Bank PLC - A giant awakening
by DS Wijesinghe Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:08 am

» FUTURE GEMS.....
by EquityChamp Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:04 am

Forum Disclaimer

The information contained in this forum have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein.

www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever.

Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Blue Chip Companies

Blue Chip Companies

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:54 am

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
What are the top blue chip companies in the market?

2 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:58 pm

EquityChamp

avatar
Moderator
In terms of which criterion you are referring into? Liquidity, dividend, profitability, price appreciation, etc? There are lot of areas for this question to look at.

3 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:13 pm

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
In terms of long term profitability (say in 3 years)?. Good dividends is an added benefit.

4 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:26 pm

EquityChamp

avatar
Moderator
From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you

5 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 pm

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
thanks a lot my friend. your knowledge sharing is very much appreciated

6 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 pm

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
thanks a lot my friend. your knowledge sharing is very much appreciated

7 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:05 am

EquityChamp

avatar
Moderator
You are welcome ravindu. Once you create your portfolio let us know it. Very Happy

8 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:26 am

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@EquityChamp wrote:From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you
Any reason why you left out LFIN, Udapussalawe.
Are they not good for medium/long term?

9 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:53 pm

EquityChamp

avatar
Moderator
@glad wrote:
@EquityChamp wrote:From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you
Any reason why you left out LFIN, Udapussalawe.
Are they not good for medium/long term?
Only reason is that I thought the given list has more than enough to choose from.

10 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:26 pm

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@EquityChamp wrote:
@glad wrote:
@EquityChamp wrote:From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you
Any reason why you left out LFIN, Udapussalawe.
Are they not good for medium/long term?
Only reason is that I thought the given list has more than enough to choose from.
Ok, thanks. I thought you found something not good in them

11 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:39 am

Harry82

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
In my View




financial sector I can recommend 


Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Lfin, DFCC, NDB

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance

F& B - Cargills, 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies(RCL,TILE,LWL), Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

12 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:11 am

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@EquityChamp wrote:You are welcome ravindu. Once you create your portfolio let us know it. Very Happy
I already have HNB,COMB,RCL,TKYO.X, LLUB, CRL,AEL in my portfolio (not in big amounts though  Very Happy ) But i think CRL and AEL are not good in the long run. Specially, there are no big projects coming up in the construction sector. All the current projects were already finalized several years ago.  Thats just my view and your opinion is very much welcome. 
Also, I bought LLUB recently at 98/= Because it was at 52wk low and offer good dividends. Though the company profits declined last year hope they will get back in track soon. What are your ideas about that?

13 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:14 am

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@Harry82 wrote:In my View




financial sector I can recommend 


Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Lfin, DFCC, NDB

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance

F& B - Cargills, 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies(RCL,TILE,LWL), Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle
Thanks a lot my dear friend. Right now i am stuck between DFCC and NDB. By seeing their records, NDB is better when consider about dividends i think. What is your opinion on that?

14 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:16 am

EquityChamp

avatar
Moderator
DFCC is ahead in terms of profitability and earnings growth. Decision is yours.

15 Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:22 am

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@EquityChamp wrote:DFCC is ahead in terms of profitability and earnings growth. Decision is yours.
Feel both DFCC and NDB are 'on your marks' at the starting point for a dash but the starter's gun is blocked.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum