Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post

Latest topics

» #PM Crisis#
by Ryan Hudson Today at 9:16 am

» Financial Reports Q-3 2018
by ruwan326 Today at 7:19 am

» ##FUN TOONS###
by ruwan326 Today at 7:06 am

» TBs worth Rs.14.2 bn issued to SriLankan in 2012
by ruwan326 Today at 6:42 am

» MARKET RISE - GUARANTEED
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:22 am

» SRI LANKA @ 2020
by ruwan326 Yesterday at 7:24 am

» Dealing by directors
by ruwan326 Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:08 pm

» Summary of Key Announcements during the week
by ruwan326 Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:06 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by ruwan326 Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:05 pm

» CSE WEEKLY
by ruwan326 Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:02 pm

» BFN Price HOLDING ON AS THE DEAL COME CLOSER
by sanjulanka Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:29 pm

» Another Finance sector deal UBC UBC UBC Deal
by kalu351 Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:56 am

» BFN BFN BFN BFN BFN DEAL ......WITH CHINESE BANK
by kalu351 Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:54 am

» MARKET CRASH - GUARANTEED
by Maharaja Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:32 am

» Q-TO-Q Financial Report-Financial Performance- Period ended 30 September 2018
by ruwan326 Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:00 pm

» CB raises key rates in surprise move to support currency
by Miss-Sangeetha Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:59 pm

» President rejects NCM brought against PM, Govt.
by ranferdi Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:36 pm

» DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS- OCT/NOV
by ruwan326 Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:59 pm

» Supreme Court issues stay order on Gazette dissolving Parliament
by THUWA Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:28 pm

» CSE THIS WEEK
by ruwan326 Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:27 am

» Veterans return to lead state banks
by ruwan326 Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:21 am

» Collect ODEL Range Rs. 23-25 .......Target Price over Rs.35
by soileconomy Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:54 pm

» අනං## මනං ##
by ruwan326 Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:52 pm

» JKH News & Reports
by ruwan326 Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:11 pm

» Survey - Individual Investors' Behaviour and Investment Performance
by eroshans Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:49 pm

» USD/MXN Can Face A Bearish Reversal
by GersonH Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:22 pm

» EURUSD breaks major horizontal support
by GersonH Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:18 pm

» EURCHF is headed south
by GersonH Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:14 pm

» EURUSD: the pair is close to the lower boundary of the B-B channel
by GersonH Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 pm

» Parliament dissolved from midnight ????????
by Yahapalanaya Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:24 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » EPF in few weeks

EPF in few weeks

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 EPF in few weeks on Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:21 pm

sahan8896


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Governor said fairly soon and as per rumours in two three weeks. Tighten  your seat belts guys. alien alien alien

2 Re: EPF in few weeks on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:55 am

DS Wijesinghe


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@sahan8896 wrote:Governor said fairly soon and as per rumours in two three weeks. Tighten  your seat belts guys. alien alien alien
Sri Lanka among EM countries at risk of Exchange-Rate Crisis,says Nomura analysis- Sunday Times

According to analysis by Nomura Holdings, seven emerging economies including Sri Lanka are at risk of an exchange-rate crisis. The other countries include  South Africa, Argentina, Pakistan, Egypt, Turkey and Ukraine
With five of the seven already in a currency crisis or a program run by the International Monetary Fund, that leaves South Africa and Pakistan as the standouts, Bloomberg reported quoting the research.
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. Nomura's research dates back to 1906, when it became the first company in Japan to establish a research department. Today, Nomura has 300 research specialists stationed in 15 regions around the world, covering politics, economics, foreign exchange, interest rates, equities, credit and quantitative strategies.
At the same time, the eight countries with the lowest risk of a crisis are Brazil, Bulgaria, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Peru, Philippines, Russia and Thailand, according to analysts including Robert Subbaraman, Singapore-based head of emerging-markets economics.
“This is an important result,” they wrote in a note Monday. “As investors focus more on EM risk it is important not to lump all EMs together as one homogeneous group; Damocles highlights a long list of countries with very low risk of full-blown crises.”
Nomura’s findings are based on an early warning model -- called Damocles -- set up to identify exchange rate crises for 30 emerging economies. The model examines a variety of factors including foreign-exchange reserves, debt levels, interest rates and import cover.
It has predicted two-thirds of the 54 developing nation exchange-rate crises since 1996, up to 12 months in advance, according to the analysts.
“The results we have achieved are encouraging, but given the inherent limitations of any early warning system it would be foolish to make any exaggerated claims,” they said.
Damocles refers to the moral parable the Sword of Damocles, an allusion to imminent and ever-present danger 

ruwan326

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@sahan8896 wrote:Governor said fairly soon and as per rumours in two three weeks. Tighten  your seat belts guys. alien alien alien
Sri Lanka among EM countries at risk of Exchange-Rate Crisis,says Nomura analysis- Sunday Times

According to analysis by Nomura Holdings, seven emerging economies including Sri Lanka are at risk of an exchange-rate crisis. The other countries include  South Africa, Argentina, Pakistan, Egypt, Turkey and Ukraine
With five of the seven already in a currency crisis or a program run by the International Monetary Fund, that leaves South Africa and Pakistan as the standouts, Bloomberg reported quoting the research.
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. Nomura's research dates back to 1906, when it became the first company in Japan to establish a research department. Today, Nomura has 300 research specialists stationed in 15 regions around the world, covering politics, economics, foreign exchange, interest rates, equities, credit and quantitative strategies.
At the same time, the eight countries with the lowest risk of a crisis are Brazil, Bulgaria, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Peru, Philippines, Russia and Thailand, according to analysts including Robert Subbaraman, Singapore-based head of emerging-markets economics.
“This is an important result,” they wrote in a note Monday. “As investors focus more on EM risk it is important not to lump all EMs together as one homogeneous group; Damocles highlights a long list of countries with very low risk of full-blown crises.”
Nomura’s findings are based on an early warning model -- called Damocles -- set up to identify exchange rate crises for 30 emerging economies. The model examines a variety of factors including foreign-exchange reserves, debt levels, interest rates and import cover.
It has predicted two-thirds of the 54 developing nation exchange-rate crises since 1996, up to 12 months in advance, according to the analysts.
“The results we have achieved are encouraging, but given the inherent limitations of any early warning system it would be foolish to make any exaggerated claims,” they said.
Damocles refers to the moral parable the Sword of Damocles, an allusion to imminent and ever-present danger 

This is from Derana not Economy next- Wink Wink Wink Wink http://bizenglish.adaderana.lk/clarification-on-the-erroneous-report-regarding-sri-lanka-issued-by-nomura-holdings/


Clarification on the Erroneous Report regarding Sri Lanka issued by Nomura Holdings

September, 11, 2018

Several international media sites have quoted a new analysis by Nomura Holdings Inc., which shows that seven emerging economies are at risk of an exchange rate crisis. According to these media sites, Nomura’s analysis lists Sri Lanka as the country that is most vulnerable to an exchange rate crisis. The article that appeared on www.ft.com quotes Nomura analysts as saying Sri Lanka had the worst outlook, and “with high short term external debt (US$ 160 billion), [Sri Lanka]’s refinancing needs are large.”
Given the fact that Sri Lanka’s short term external debt is nowhere near the US$ 160 billion figure that Nomura analysts have quoted, it appears that Nomura Holdings have made a serious computational error with regard to Sri Lanka’s external vulnerability.
As such an erroneous report could to trigger an unwarranted panic amongst investors, particularly in the context of current volatile global market conditions, the Central Bank of Sri Lanka has already written to Nomura Holdings, and requested them to correct this error without any delay.
- CBSL

4 Re: EPF in few weeks on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:44 am

DS Wijesinghe


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
It's a response by the Central Bank which says there is no such danger

Will Foreign Investors and International Community believe the denial from our Central Bank which is now identified with a bank robbery govt. causing massive losses to the country or AN INDEPENDENT INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATION FROM JAPAN?

5 Re: EPF in few weeks on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:04 pm

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@sahan8896 wrote:Governor said fairly soon and as per rumours in two three weeks. Tighten  your seat belts guys. :alien: :alien: :alien:
Sahan you have kept investors away by telling to tighten seat belts. 

6 Re: EPF in few weeks on Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:40 pm

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:It's a response by the Central Bank which says there is no such danger

Will Foreign Investors and International Community believe the denial from our Central Bank which is now identified with a bank robbery govt. causing massive losses to the country or AN INDEPENDENT INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATION FROM JAPAN?
Int'l Community may believe if the Govt can convince that it suffers from an 'autoimmune disorder' that makes them attack their own reserves.

7 Re: EPF in few weeks on Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:13 pm

ruwan326

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:It's a response by the Central Bank which says there is no such danger

Will Foreign Investors and International Community believe the denial from our Central Bank which is now identified with a bank robbery govt. causing massive losses to the country or AN INDEPENDENT INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATION FROM JAPAN?
Well DS, Today foreign INFLOW 74MN and lets see coming weeks Wink Wink Wink Wink leave the politics ......It's not MR or M3/Ranil property and as investors we should be happy if MR Market goes up Very Happy

8 Re: EPF in few weeks on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:59 pm

bhanu


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
When retailers get a good news they use their buying power and buy on credit expecting a change within days. When they failed to pay the credit eventually they have sell on a lose to cover the payment.. same story again and again

9 Re: EPF in few weeks on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:11 pm

ruwan326

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@bhanu wrote:When retailers get a good news they use their buying power and buy on credit expecting a change within days. When they failed to pay the credit eventually they have sell on a lose to cover the payment.. same story again and again
So what is your message to retailers???????

10 Re: EPF in few weeks on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:25 pm

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
ruwan's reputation score may far exceed the ASI very soon! Ha Ha Haaa!!!!!
What a forum!

11 Re: EPF in few weeks on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:34 pm

ruwan326

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:ruwan's reputation score may far exceed the ASI very soon! Ha Ha Haaa!!!!!
What a forum!
lol! lol! lol! lol!
What a Market!



Last edited by ruwan326 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

12 Re: EPF in few weeks on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:41 pm

bhanu


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Don't buy on credit.. market won't do wonders within days

13 Re: EPF in few weeks on Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:08 pm

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
We have a President with an oscillating mind when it comes to decision making. So, don't know whether the earlier decision regards to EPF entry to CSE stands now. 
It will not be a surprise even if he scraps the fuel price formula and instructs CPC to sell petrol at a reduced price. Anything is possible going by the past actions/decisions which had changed with time and temperature.

14 Re: EPF in few weeks on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:34 pm

ruwan326

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:We have a President with an oscillating mind when it comes to decision making. So, don't know whether the earlier decision regards to EPF entry to CSE stands now. 
It will not be a surprise even if he scraps the fuel price formula and instructs CPC to sell petrol at a reduced price. Anything is possible going by the past actions/decisions which had changed with time and temperature.
Cashew Nut issue is more important and he went nuts Wink

15 Re: EPF in few weeks on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:05 pm

DS Wijesinghe


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@ruwan326 wrote:
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:It's a response by the Central Bank which says there is no such danger

Will Foreign Investors and International Community believe the denial from our Central Bank which is now identified with a bank robbery govt. causing massive losses to the country or AN INDEPENDENT INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATION FROM JAPAN?
Well DS, Today foreign INFLOW 74MN and lets see coming weeks Wink Wink Wink Wink leave the politics ......It's not MR or M3/Ranil property and as investors we should be happy if MR Market goes up Very Happy
Leave politics aside Ruwan and come to terms with the reality

Rather than looking at figures on a daily basis I look at the big picture. Yesterday very proudly you said the net inflow is Rs. 74 Mn but Today the stock net outflow is Rs. 145 Mn

One way is to look at the Year to-date. You post summary of foreign stock transactions regularly in this forum and can you please share the year to-date value ? Is the CSE net out flow now close to Rs. 3 Billion ?

According to Reuters 

Foreign investors have sold a net 46.9 billion rupees ($289.6 million) worth of securities so far this year, central bank data showed. ($1=161.95 Sri Lankan rupees)

16 Re: EPF in few weeks on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:14 pm

DS Wijesinghe


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:ruwan's reputation score may far exceed the ASI very soon! Ha Ha Haaa!!!!!
What a forum!
Samaritan we must understand there are some who maintain fake, duplicate accounts to vote for their own posts.

I'm not saying Ruwan does it in this forum, but he certainly is a manipulator just like the way he tried to manipulate up the prices of LDEV and EXPO some time ago. His intention was to drive the price of LDEV to 14/- like the way it was done some years ago. 

He made profits at that time when the price was pushed to 14/- level but those who believed their campaign and bought at that time when the share price was rising would have burnt their fingers

We know he was investigated by SEC at that time for his possible attempt to drive the price of LDEV UP

17 Imagination is at its best on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:24 am

ruwan326

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@samaritan wrote:ruwan's reputation score may far exceed the ASI very soon! Ha Ha Haaa!!!!!
What a forum!
Samaritan we must understand there are some who maintain fake, duplicate accounts to vote for their own posts.

I'm not saying Ruwan does it in this forum, but he certainly is a manipulator just like the way he tried to manipulate up the prices of LDEV and EXPO some time ago. His intention was to drive the price of LDEV to 14/- like the way it was done some years ago. 

He made profits at that time when the price was pushed to 14/- level but those who believed their campaign and bought at that time when the share price was rising would have burnt their fingers

We know he was investigated by SEC at that time for his possible attempt to drive the price of LDEV UP
Imagination is at its best  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If I can drive the price by myself for any share I am a super hero.......... Wink Wink Wink

I let the forum members to judge DS and Samaritan and their kabaragoya-thalagoya theory..... They really want to make us all believe their judgment's and believes by hook or by crook.




About LDEV- every one knows the value of LDEV before Rights and even EXPO.


Many retailers made profit from LDEV and that's why SEC worried. End of the day retailers loose and nobody cares.... Even you try your level best to do your part to bring back MR and you will do any pathetic work to fulfill your dream.

18 Re: EPF in few weeks on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:33 am

ruwan326

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ruwan326 wrote:
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@samaritan wrote:ruwan's reputation score may far exceed the ASI very soon! Ha Ha Haaa!!!!!
What a forum!
Samaritan we must understand there are some who maintain fake, duplicate accounts to vote for their own posts.

I'm not saying Ruwan does it in this forum, but he certainly is a manipulator just like the way he tried to manipulate up the prices of LDEV and EXPO some time ago. His intention was to drive the price of LDEV to 14/- like the way it was done some years ago. 

He made profits at that time when the price was pushed to 14/- level but those who believed their campaign and bought at that time when the share price was rising would have burnt their fingers

We know he was investigated by SEC at that time for his possible attempt to drive the price of LDEV UP
Imagination is at its best  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If I can drive the price by myself for any share I am a super hero.......... Wink Wink Wink

I let the forum members to judge DS and Samaritan and their kabaragoya-thalagoya theory..... They really want to make us all believe their judgment's and believes by hook or by crook.




About LDEV- every one knows the value of LDEV before Rights and even EXPO.


Many retailers made profit from LDEV and that's why SEC worried. End of the day retailers loose and nobody cares.... Even you try your level best to do your part to bring back MR and you will do any pathetic work to fulfill your dream.
So STOP praying for market crash Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Stop blaming government  Very Happy Very Happy

Stop dreaming to bring back back MR Very Happy Very Happy

Before you worried about my reputation score youshould look back your previous posts...... 
This is not a political forum and put your time and effort to post something valuable to retailers .Thank you

19 Did ruwan push LDEV price to 14/= on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:05 am

ruwan326

avatar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

20 Re: EPF in few weeks on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:35 am

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@samaritan wrote:ruwan's reputation score may far exceed the ASI very soon! Ha Ha Haaa!!!!!
What a forum!
Samaritan we must understand there are some who maintain fake, duplicate accounts to vote for their own posts.

I'm not saying Ruwan does it in this forum, but he certainly is a manipulator just like the way he tried to manipulate up the prices of LDEV and EXPO some time ago. His intention was to drive the price of LDEV to 14/- like the way it was done some years ago. 

He made profits at that time when the price was pushed to 14/- level but those who believed their campaign and bought at that time when the share price was rising would have burnt their fingers

We know he was investigated by SEC at that time for his possible attempt to drive the price of LDEV UP
So, we have a new 'teller' in the forum and that's 'ruwan326', probably with links to a mafia.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum