Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka News
Forum Disclaimer

The information contained in this forum have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein.

www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever.

Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, www.srilankaequity.com its blogs, forums, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market & Forum Help » divident,XD,Payment

divident,XD,Payment

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 divident,XD,Payment on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:45 pm

thamiragamm

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
what is the base date for divident.

in announcement it gives 3days,
that is

Announcement date
XD date
Payment date

And what is this XD.

Any idea??????????

2 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:07 pm

xhora

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
please use the search option these things are discussed many times before

3 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:08 pm

dewminigamlath

Manager - Equity Analytics
XD is the day on which you have to be holding the shares to become eligible for receiving the dividend.

e.g. Let's say ABC company is paying dividends and their XD is 05-Aug-2011. Then, to receive the dividend;

-If you have already bought shares, you have to hold them until the XD date.
-If you don't have shares at the moment, you have to buy them before XD date.

BUT, I'm not sure what happens if you buy/sell on the XD date itself.

4 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Antonym

Vice President - Equity Analytics
I remember it like this:
XD = eXcluding Dividend.

So, if you buy on XD date, you are NOT entitled to get dividend.

5 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:44 pm

rijayasooriya

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Antonym wrote:I remember it like this:
XD = eXcluding Dividend.

So, if you buy on XD date, you are NOT entitled to get dividend.

Yes, even though u sell on XD date u will get dividend.

6 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:45 pm

udul

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
are u sure rij? do u have experience?

7 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:27 am

rijayasooriya

udul wrote:are u sure rij? do u have experience?

I am pretty much sure but not 100% as I have no experience.I have experience on otherway around ie I bought it on XD date but did not get dividend.

However some nutter has given u -rep for asking that so I will give u +rep.

8 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:45 am

Rajaraam

I have experiance in both. You are very correct rijayasooriya.Antonym also explains it nicely.

9 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:20 pm

CubedSol

PLEASE USE SEARCH OPTION BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD .

10 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:55 pm

Kithsiri

Disparaging comments should be avoided at all times on this forum.
All participants are not as wised and matured as others and hence the newcomers’ requests should be handled with due care and respect.
Rome was not built in one day.

11 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:50 pm

CubedSol

Kithsiri wrote:Disparaging comments should be avoided at all times on this forum.
All participants are not as wised and matured as others and hence the newcomers’ requests should be handled with due care and respect.

Dear Kithsiri ,

Agree with you on that . Apreciate IF you can take a look at this thread too...

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t7507-how-to-improve-the-quality-of-this-forum?highlight=make+forum+better

12 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:59 am

Kithsiri

CubedSol wrote:
Kithsiri wrote:Disparaging comments should be avoided at all times on this forum.

Dear Kithsiri ,

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t7507-how-to-improve-the-quality-of-this-forum?highlight=make+forum+better
I agree with you to a certain extent but disparaging comments make new-comers’ feel threatened because of the presence of stalwarts. Stifling is not a good strategy to run any open forum. Sometimes we may have to live with necessary evils too.

13 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:37 am

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Kithsiri wrote:
CubedSol wrote:

Dear Kithsiri ,

I agree with you to a certain extent but disparaging comments make new-comers’ feel threatened because of the presence of stalwarts. Stifling is not a good strategy to run any open forum. Sometimes we may have to live with necessary evils too.

Kithsiri,

No offense friend.. Every forum has a search option, so its everyone responsibility to search first before post Wink Cubed just highlight that..
You know the best thing this forum has? This is similar to an encyclopedia of explanations if you refer Help section..
I'm sure you'd have found many previous articles on Dividends, XD, XR and other abbreviations we found on the investment arena if you had searched.. I bet you'd have found many lengthy explanation too..
So I hope you'd adhere to forum rules with time Very Happy

Cheers!!

14 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:07 am

CubedSol

Very Happy Thanks for the -REPS given to me.... Razz

15 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:35 pm

Kithsiri

CubedSol wrote:Very Happy Thanks for the -REPS given to me.... Razz

No offense meant and takes this in good spirit.
I still believe that despite the fact of having many resources readily available to resolve minor clarifications, some still prefer to use this forum (for whatever reason) than using other resources.
Perhaps to a seasoned guy like you, some of the queries may see like unnecessary repetition only.
Yet disparage should be avoided at all times and since this is an open forum and not an exclusive country club, no efforts should be taken to stifle newcomers with disparaging and unwelcomed remarks.
Nurture them and in a few years time they too would also be at par with many of the other seasoned guys we often meet on this forum.
As I said before, Rome was not built in one day!
Good Day.

Last edited by Kithsiri on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing a few important words and without them the message will not be fully understood.)

16 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:39 am

CubedSol

No offense meant and takes this in good spirit.

Dear Kithsiri ,

The whole point of my comment was to convey the msg that using the SEARCH facility before opening up a fresh thread will :

"" Give you the answer ASAP in a more explained manner (Rather than waiting for someone to reply) ""

And none of the mods (Seasoned ones or the new ones) EVER disparage ANY member of the forum :

""dis·par·age (d-sprj)
tr.v. dis·par·aged, dis·par·ag·ing, dis·par·ag·es
1. To speak of in a slighting or disrespectful way; belittle. See Synonyms at decry.
2. To reduce in esteem or rank.""

The other reason for me to highlight that the search system must be used ,is due to the fact that by each and every new thread that is opened (inevitable Very Happy ), another thread goes down on the recent posts list , thus the other members MIGHT not see it and miss out on a knowledgeable discussion.

And duplicate threads will make the forum filled with , well duplicate threads Razz , But we all want SEF to be an encyclopedia about the CSE /Investing right ???

The question is that how many of us are referring the encyclopedia ??

Anyways this is an open forum and its our (mods/members) responsibility to use the forum in a responsible manner . And no ones gonna force you to do the right thing at the right time my friend... Its up to you to do the right thing....

No Offence 'n' None taken..

17 Re: divident,XD,Payment on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:57 am

smallville

Any intelligent guy can understand that there's no disparaging comment made on any of these posts rather than requesting to use the readily available search facility which is there for every1s advantage to seek an answer almost immediately..

New comers are always welcome to use this resourceful encyclopedia to quench their thrust and search facility is one of the many features we have to educate you guys..

Sigh! However nice we try to say something, some ppl only take it negative.. That's cuz they dont wanna change their attitude towards a change..

Well this reminds me the famous quote;
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him/it drink"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum