Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය

Latest topics

» Tea prices up and up.Plantation shares down and down!
by fortuneteller Today at 1:16 pm

» For Miss Sangeetha
by Neluka Karannagoda Today at 12:09 pm

» coco.x share
by lakmal87 Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:45 pm

» නොමිළේම ඩොලර් (free $ 5 ) tokens
by cseguide Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:58 pm

» S&P upgrades DFCC Bank’s rating outlook from Negative to Stable
by TraderCSE Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:23 am

» CFVF will HIT. 40 BY Next. Thursday
by Yahapalanaya Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:50 pm

» Moody’s affirms ratings of three Sri Lankan banks; maintains negative outlook
by Miss-Sangeetha Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:39 pm

» best stocks to buy now
by Ryan Hudson Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:23 pm

» Current situation of the Adam group of companies
by anges Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:36 pm

» Avoid investing in Abans Group company shares
by fortuneteller Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 am

» People's Leasing Company
by prasa2004 Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:51 pm

» SDB - AN IMPRESSIVE PERFORMANCE
by prasa2004 Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm

» Beware of banking stocks
by prasa2004 Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:40 pm

» CEYLON COLD STORES PLC(CCS.N0000)
by Agape Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:49 pm

» Lanka Cement
by sureshot Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:09 am

» Roshan Egodage's Money Grabbing
by Investor1994 Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:10 pm

» CIFL ANY NEWS
by Gambino7 Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:13 pm

» CFT share එක මොනව හරි දෙයක් වෙනව වාගෙ.
by sameboy Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:43 pm

» BFN .. ORIENT FINANCE PLC
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:52 pm

» Sri Lanka Exports up 12.9-pct in Sept
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:38 am

» DECEMBER DISCOUNT
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:30 am

» LLMP - New Strategic Marketing >>> Boooom
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:27 am

» Why LLUB.N0000 going down ?
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:20 am

» LDEV rights
by Teller Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:16 am

» SAMP Rights Issue
by niru Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:04 pm

HashFlare

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market & Forum Help » How to install 2 instances of Direct FN TWS

How to install 2 instances of Direct FN TWS

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How to install 2 instances of Direct FN TWS on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:25 pm

kav4

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
I have 2 CDS accounts with Asia Securities & Capital Trust. They both give Direct fn TWS. But when I try to install the Direct fn TWS from the 2nd broker, it says I have already installed Direct fn. I try renaming the existing installed folder but get the same error message.

Is there any way for me to install 2 instances of Direct fn TWS for 2 different brokers?

Please help

Dees

Stock Trader
i don't think it possible. ( but if there's anyway please share it with us too ) but u can use connect to one broker firm from installed Dirtct Fn and other by online trading in web based solution provided by the company:)

dinusl

Co-Admin
@kav4 wrote:I have 2 CDS accounts with Asia Securities & Capital Trust. They both give Direct fn TWS. But when I try to install the Direct fn TWS from the 2nd broker, it says I have already installed Direct fn. I try renaming the existing installed folder but get the same error message.

Is there any way for me to install 2 instances of Direct fn TWS for 2 different brokers?

Please help

Asia securities offer Direct FN DT
and
Capital Trust offer Direct FN TWS

I would really suggest you to use CDAX from A/S and DirectFN from C/T..I am using both DT and TWS but not in the same PC never tried.

maddu

Manager - Equity Analytics
@dinusl wrote:
@kav4 wrote:I have 2 CDS accounts with Asia Securities & Capital Trust. They both give Direct fn TWS. But when I try to install the Direct fn TWS from the 2nd broker, it says I have already installed Direct fn. I try renaming the existing installed folder but get the same error message.

Please help

Asia securities offer Direct FN DT
and
Capital Trust offer Direct FN TWS

I would really suggest you to use CDAX from A/S and DirectFN from C/T..I am using both DT and TWS but not in the same PC never tried.

I'm agree with you dinusl. I'm also suggesting you to use Cdax from Asia and DirectFN TWS from Capital trust. Bcoz i tried to install both in a same PC but it's helpless.

Happy Trading friends.

kav4

OK found a solution.
Just copy your installed Direct FN TWS folder to another Drive (like from c: to D:)

Then install Direct FN TWS from the second broker & say yes to uninstall the existing version when asked. Now you have Direct FN TWS installed for the second broker.

Next goto your previous copied Direct FN TWS folder from your 1st broker & put a shortcut in your desktop pointing to DirectFN TWS.exe in that copied folder.

This way when you click the DirectFN TWS icon in your desktop, you can connect to the 2nd broker & when you click the newly created DirectFN TWS icon to connect to the 2nd broker.

dinusl

Co-Admin
@kav4 wrote:OK found a solution.
Just copy your installed Direct FN TWS folder to another Drive (like from c: to D:)

Then install Direct FN TWS from the second broker & say yes to uninstall the existing version when asked. Now you have Direct FN TWS installed for the second broker.

Next goto your previous copied Direct FN TWS folder from your 1st broker & put a shortcut in your desktop pointing to DirectFN TWS.exe in that copied folder.

This way when you click the DirectFN TWS icon in your desktop, you can connect to the 2nd broker & when you click the newly created DirectFN TWS icon to connect to the 2nd broker.

If it's working hoooray............Good luck Very Happy

ROHAN

Very Happy ohhhhh thank you kav4 you are the man thanks lot,,,,,

http://lk.duinvest.com/portal/LKCSE/homePage.html

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Yep thanks.. I've also got a new account for DFN and was wondering how to use it without changing anything Wink

kav4

With the new DirectFN TWS version, you can install from 2 brokers at the same time as well as run both 2 at the same time.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum